Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ (8333 Views)

Fayose Releases His Phone Number To Ekiti People / Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Fani-kayode To Tinubu: You Can't Kill Me Like Funsho Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by awodman: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has accused the leader of opposition Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Bola Tinubu of “carrying his despotism too far” by allegedly seeking to bar some persons from contesting the Ekiti state governorship election in 2014.

The Nigerian ruling party in a statement by its Acting National Publicity Secretary, Tony Okeke, on Thursday, said it is extremely “wicked and undemocratic” for Mr. Tinubu to order a House of Representatives member from Ekiti state, Opeyemi Bamidele, to forget his governorship ambition adding that such smacks of tyranny and outright disdain for democracy.

The ACN leader had led a delegation of the party’s leadership to Ekiti State on Tuesday where incumbent governor, Kayode Fayemi, was reportedly endorsed as the party’s candidate for the 2014 governorship election, thereby putting paid the ambition of Mr. Bamidele to vie for the office of the governor.

The PDP however said “by ordering a House of Representatives member from Ekiti state, Hon Opeyemi Bamidele to forget his governorship ambition in the 2014 governorship election, Tinubu has once again displayed his despotic tendencies and utter disdain for democratic process.

“This is extremely wicked and indeed the height of tyranny and outright disparagement for the people and their right to choose their leaders as guaranteed by the 1999 constitution as amended”, the statement said.

The party also said that since Mr. Tinubu is not even from Ekiti State, he should not decide for the people, and urged the people of the state “to rise up to the occasion and defend their rights by rejecting the usual practice of allowing god-fathers to select their leaders for them.

“In openly endorsing Ekiti state governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi for a second term and ordering Hon. Opeyemi to forget his ambition, Tinubu has clearly shown his resolve to truncate laid down electoral processes so as to retain the system through which the resources of the state are being diverted to private purses,” the party said.

Claiming that the ACN has shown that it is not ready to respect the rights of the people, the PDP urged all lovers of democracy to come over to the “national party where no individual sits in his room and decides who will be candidate for an election”.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140232-you-cant-decide-for-ekiti-people-pdp-tells-tinubu.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=you-cant-decide-for-ekiti-people-pdp-tells-tinubu

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
I wonder what would have happened if Tinubu were to be a military man. This man loves to bully people more than Ghadaffi

12 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by oshyno(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
I don't anything wronge in what tinubu has said. That is a political statement which PDP is used to even. Tinubu is mainly saying d PDP guy doesn't stand a chance and thus shudnt bother contesting. I hate Tinubu with a passion though.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by takedat(m): 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
The new spokesperson of PDP just wants to appear busy, crying more than the bereaved and poke-nosing into the affairs of another party even when his own party is teetering on the brink of implosion because of one man's unbridled lust for power. Is this an expression of frustration or what? Is Tony Anenih not canvassing for automatic ticket for President Jonathan and PDP governors? The people of Ekiti will decide!

14 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by awodman: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
oshyno: I don't anything wronge in what tinubu has said. That is a political statement which PDP is used to even. Tinubu is mainly saying d PDP guy doesn't stand a chance and thus shudnt bother contesting. I hate Tinubu with a passion though.

Is Opeyemi Bamidele a PDP member?

3 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:52am On Jul 05, 2013
oshyno: I don't anything wronge in what tinubu has said. That is a political statement which PDP is used to even. Tinubu is mainly saying d PDP guy doesn't stand a chance and thus shudnt bother contesting. I hate Tinubu with a passion though.
shocked shocked
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by LOUDmedia(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2013
Tinubu's recent excesses don't appeal to me. I think he's taking it too far angry

3 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by oshyno(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2013
awodman:

Is Opeyemi Bamidele a PDP member?

Then what's PDP concern about CAN.Walahi I thought d guy is a PDP man as to warant d attack frm d spokesman. Case closed
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by awodman: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2013
take dat: The new spokesperson of PDP just wants to appear busy, crying more than the bereaved and poke-nosing into the affairs of another party even when his own party is teetering on the brink of implosion because of one man's unbridled lust for power. Is Tony Anenih not canvassing for automatic ticket for President Jonathan and PDP governors? The people of Ekiti will decide!
Sometimes your hypocrisy is naeusating..on one hand you condem Anenih's proposal which has not even gotten into effect and here you are applauding your Master for doing exactly same thing...For our democracy to move forward internal party democracy is very essential..let's call a spade a spade...

5 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by dridowu: 8:03am On Jul 05, 2013
Tinubu has done noting bad by supporting d Gov openly, he may not b frm ekiti state but he has d right to talk to its party member nationwide

3 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by takedat(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2013
awodman:
Sometimes your hypocrisy is naeusating..on one hand you condem Anenih's proposal which has not even gotten into effect and here you are applauding your Master for doing exactly same thing...For our democracy to move forward internal party democracy is very essential..let's call a spade a spade...
How have I applauded "your master"? You're angry because I exposed the hypocrisy of PDP? I am not in support of internal autocracy in political parties, but PDP should first put its own house in order before poking its nose into another party's affair! You can always try to ignore my comments if or when nauseated, Nairaland is a market place of ideas and diverse opinions! Back Off!

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by omiobo: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2013
chidindufrank: I wonder what would have happened if Tinubu were to be a military man. This man loves to bully people more than Ghadaffi

Has he ever bully you? SMH!
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by bellaberry: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2013
Abi uncle Ti dey put fear for their body? grin grin
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by awodman: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2013
take dat: How have I applauded "your master"? You're angry because I exposed the hypocrisy of PDP? I am not in support of internal autocracy in political parties, but PDP should first put its own house in order before poking its nose into another party's affair! You can always try to ignore my comments if nauseated, Nairaland is a market place of ideas and diverse opinions! Back Off!

What do you mean by hypocrisy of PDP?...its on record that PDP is the only party that conducts primary for its aspirants...just remind of when ACN has conducted primaries?...is it in choosing Akeredolu,in choosing Ajimobi,in choosing Amosun or even in choosing Fashola??...as a Nigerian you should condem whatever is wrong...

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by takedat(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2013
awodman:

What do you mean by hypocrisy of PDP?...its on record that PDP is the only party that conducts primary for its aspirants...just remind of when ACN has conducted primaries?...is it in choosing Akeredolu,in choosing Ajimobi,in choosing Amosun or even in choosing Fashola??...as a Nigerian you should condem whatever is wrong...
Oh, slow memory? A certain Dickson was imposed, sham primaries, and what of INEC's report on PDP 2012 National Convention indicting the party? All Patriotic and fair-minded Nigerians(Not hypocritical PDP/APC officials) should publicly denounce the near-absence of internal democracy among political parties.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by awodman: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2013
take dat: Oh, slow memory? A certain Dickson was imposed, sham primaries, and what of INEC's report on PDP 2012 National Convention indicted the party? All Patriotic and fair-minded Nigerians(Not hypocritical PDP/APC officials) should publicly denounce the near-absence of internal democracy among political parties.
Let me for a second agree with you that Dickson was imposed...but nobody sat in his bedroom and said dickson must be our candidate..we saw on live TV the casting of votes by delegates...that's the difference...
Even the PDP convention you referred to an event was organized for that...Now all these gives sometin to build on

Now am happy with your last sentence..that is the right way to go...

1 Like

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by omenka(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Need we remind the spokesman of the last Bayelsa episode? Bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by musiwa29: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2013

I can tell every workers in Ekiti state to stay at home and they will all stay at home..Who do you think will determine Ekiti.. it is not PDP or tinubu..
This is the tinubu mother bury. if someone rule a state for 8 years.. how many people do you expect to be there.. just only 300 show up. there is no primary school in lagos, that have less than 500 people. even me, who is abroad , i know they were going to bury his mother.. why do you think, people refuse to show up, because they dont believe in him. why dont they believe in him , because he preach something and does another. and people can see through people motive . life is about making sacrifice. and nigeria politician are all about taken and not given back anything.

the pdp too are not popular because they have had their time.. and could not change nigerian life. people honestly want true change.

look at ondo state..

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Fiawest(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2013
Fayemi meant well for Ekiti,I'm frm Ekiti,I live in Diaspora but visit my State every 3months,he is Gov I'm proud to call my Governor....Fayemi pls come back again

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2013
Tinubu go and sit down(ko lo senbe)
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by MrScript(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2013
d both paties na tif. xo we no get say 4 dt 1
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by musiwa29: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2013
I think some people dont check their fact well. It is only nairaland that they talk about tinubu or obasanjo..most yorubas tend not to want to hear the name Obasanjo or the name tinubu.. so i became surprise when on nairaland, you hear people talk about Obasanjo or tinubu.. Labour party profile have gone on beyoud the PDP..

Labour party is the main opposition in Yorubaland to ACN.. not the PDP. That PDP had nobody to fill, they started filling in the names of northerners.. because they have been mean to yoruba people..

i will say in the whole of the south.. the PDP is close to been dead.. except for akwa ibom with invisible 70 oil platform and bayelsa state and rivers.. those are the only 3 state the PDP is.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by wbankz(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Hehehehehe dis PDP spokeman must be a relative of mr latin or spencer...Wetin consine an imam with pigmeat...PDP in ekiti state wey neva put hin house 4 order dey pokenose 4 ACN matter! LWKM...make dem dey close eye thumb print dat day PDP self kws dev lost d election already

1 Like

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by safejourney: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Is Opeyemi Bamidele a PDP member? so what is the problem of PDP with ACN affairs. Awon dindinrin ti ko ni ise. At least PDP was alive when Tinubu/Fashola gave Bamidele appointment of Commissioner several years ago before his election into House of Representative. then PDP didn't complain he is not from Lagos State.

So Tinubu know what is doing and don't scatter Tinubu/Fayemi/Bamidele affairs in Ekiti because you want Bamidele to join PDP.

PDP is dead in South-West already.

4 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by WildChild00(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2013
hopelink1: Tinubu go and sit down(ko lo senbe)

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by confusion247(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2013
Does ACN have other party executives like party national chairman and secretary. How come is tinubu all the time?
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by adedejiadekunle: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2013
WHEN TONY ANNENIH ASKED FOR AUTOMATIC TICKET FOR JONATHAN AND SERVING PDP GOVERNORS AND SENATORS IN 2015, WHERE IS TONY OKEKE, IS THIS NOT IMPOSITION ON THE NATION AND THE ENTIRE STATES AND CONSTITUENCIES CONTROLLED BY PDP, IS THERE NO OTHER QUALIFIED PERSON. WHY IS JONATHAN AND PDP FIGHTING RIVER STATE GOVERNOR. THIS MAN IS JUST CRYING WOLVE WHERE THERE IS NONE. THEY ARE BIRDS OF THESAME FEATHER.

5 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by cuteshade(f): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2013
Fiawest: Fayemi meant well for Ekiti,I'm frm Ekiti,I live in Diaspora but visit my State every 3months,he is Gov I'm proud to call my Governor....Fayemi pls come back again
am also from ekiti, to be candid fayemi is a good govenor.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Olaone1: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
LOUDmedia: Tinubu's recent excesses don't appeal to me. I think he's taking it too far angry
You are right

1 Like

Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Aussie(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
If this report was against GEJ, supportings will start crying. I am glad premium site is an objective news site like Saharareporters.
Re: PDP To Tinubu - ‘You Cant Decide For Ekiti People’ by Tunjasko(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
It has been a while i hve heard abt pdp in ekiti..why are dey itchin abt wots happenin in d oder party..or are dey afraid..though dey re birds of d xme feather..bt pdp own is far worse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't You Forsee An Evolution Or Break-up Soon In Nigeria?? / 2023 Presidency: Bauchi APC Delegates Endorse Tinubu (Video) / Moment Tinubu Couldn't Climb The Stage And Was Lifted By Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.