Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store (22599 Views)

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by shakomende: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
MTN Nigeria has launched an app store to its customers powered by U.S. based appstore developer, neXva. Dubbed the MTN Nigeria NextApps store, the store consists of free and premium applications such as Efiko, Nigerian Constitution, aHausa and NewsBasket and is initially available to Android smartphone users.

The store features one click billing for MTN customers which bills the purchase price from customers’ MTN prepaid accounts or adds the cost to their phone bill.

Speaking on the launch, MTN Nigeria’s Chief Marketing Officer, Larry Annetts said:

“We are very pleased to partner with neXva on this app store initiative. Our choice of neXva to deploy the MTN Nigeria NextApps Store was informed by neXva’s robust technology platform and their internal team that is able to customize and localize the offering of the applications to suit our customers in Nigeria. This, for us is a key success factor for the NextApps Store.”

Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of neXva, Brian J. Friedman, said:

“Bringing neXva’s app store platform to MTN Nigeria is a great opportunity for neXva. We are particularly pleased that deploying our app store technology was done with a highly curated selection of content that will, for the first time, bring apps to many of MTN’s customers in Nigeria.”

Co-founder and COO of neXva, Shaun Zelber, added:

“We know that app store customers are looking for a localized experience in the depth and breadth of the apps offered. “This informs why our content team is always on the lookout for the newest, best and most relevant apps that can bring MTN’s customers in Nigeria a very personalized catalogue of apps that is very relevant to their day-to-day lives. The NextApps Store delivers a rich selection of the best Nigerian and global apps.”

The MTN Nigeria app store is available at nextapps.mtnonline.com
http://www.cp-africa.com/2013/07/04/mtn-nigeria-nextapps/
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by momodub: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
smileynice one i don port oooo where is saka wink
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by twentyk(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
wao second to comment.i still thank god anyway...phuck what anybody says

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by AnodaIT(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
more ways to collect money.
But what is it with stores which you must register and create profile before you buy or installed.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but when someone require that you must get a profile before you can buy on his store, it is akin to getting the biblical number before you buy anything.
In the good old days, u could get apps from anywhere and installed and off u go, now even if you installed but it was not from your account, you cannot update. What are they keeping the records for?.
Apple ID, Google Account, Microsoft Account and now nextapps account, wtf!
I just hate the fact that someone is keeping records of and tracking everything I do or buy

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by givenchi1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
I dnt need it, my play store does it beta
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
It has aHausa.
What about aYoruba or aIgbo?

Last Bullet: They should develop a version for Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericcson etc.
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
hmmm....

my google play store.. is my fuckn best

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by DEGREE2466(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Another way of extorting money from us. Mtn. Marketers Trick New always

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by tonyx4x44(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
nice initiative but na mtn o no surprise when you see N400 for shazam
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by NEROSKY(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
Google play store for life... Pes 2013 will go for #1000... The only good thing i have seen from MTN is the unlimited.. Useless group that only knows how to give artist #60Million instead for them to use the money to subsidise call n data & see how many people will port to their network
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by scientology(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=15pt]if MTN TIFF SEND U HERE TELL DEM WE ARE NOT INTERSTED OK!!!!!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Joe50(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
with their stu.pid network angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad
i wasted my 1000 for their bb plan, every time na disconnect sad sad

am enjoying my airtel 2gig for 1500
very stable... no frequent disconnection.
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
#Up mtn

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by infobiz9ja(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nice idea its long over due. undecided
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Aksonman: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
PLEASE O...I need help o. My MTN line has over N400 credit,yet when i try to call out it tells me that, "Your account balance is too low for the destination you are calling".
Am i the only one experiencing this?
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by rman: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Welcome development.

Alternative channel of service delivery, alternative channel for customer satisfaction alternative stream of income.

Sustaining interest in your brand and good QOS, are key to success in telecoms industry.
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
nextapp? what abt the one of now?
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by ugoezeik(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Akson man: PLEASE O...I need help o. My MTN line has over N400 credit,yet when i try to call out it tells me that, "Your account balance is too low for the destination you are calling".
Am i the only one experiencing this?
i tink wat you should do is to sock ur sim inside water wit omo n bleach for 2 days, bring it out n insert it will work. I did n it work for me

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by emmanuel4758(m): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
nadia_SA: #Up mtn
which mtn d one in s.a or d one in 9ja,coz 9ja own na wash acordin to my people in 9ja .

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by emmanuel4758(m): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
ugoezeik: i tink wat you should do is to sock ur sim inside water wit omo n bleach for 2 days, bring it out n insert it will work. I did n it work for me
u dey madt
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by AbuMikey(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
I stick to my BB appworld jor!!!
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
emmanuel4758: which mtn d one in s.a or d one in 9ja,coz 9ja own na wash acordin to my people in 9ja .
Both countries..mtn good network..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
nadia_SA:
Both countries..mtn good network ..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by venorite(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
what happened to their mobie tv.....DEAD ON ARRIVAL
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by JIGHU(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
AnodaIT: more ways to collect money.
But what is it with stores which you must register and create profile before you buy or installed.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but when someone require that you must get a profile before you can buy on his store, it is akin to getting the biblical number before you buy anything.
In the good old days, u could get apps from anywhere and installed and off u go, now even if you installed but it was not from your account, you cannot update. What are they keeping the records for?.
Bros you be scam monger? Why are you scared? Oh make interpol no no fit track you abi
Apple ID, Google Account, Microsoft Account and now nextapps account, wtf!
I just hate the fact that someone is keeping records of and tracking everything I do or buy
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Aphrygian(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: I stick to my BB appworld jor!!!
BLACKBERRY?Was dis suppoze to be a joke?wu uses appstore to download dis days,abeg dis is 2013.go to d nearest TECHNO STORE to grab an affordable phone after wich u can try wat we call googleplay store.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by VicGoodGuy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nothing good comes from MTN. We just dey
M_anage
T_he
N_etwork.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Ojeremi(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Pls where is the Mtn shop/ store located,lagos abi I mean address[b][/b]
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by johnstar(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Joe50: with their stu.pid network angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad
i wasted my 1000 for their bb plan, every time na disconnect sad sad

am enjoying my airtel 2gig for 1500
very stable... no frequent disconnection.
2 browse on pc
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by physise(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
mtchew useless poor network
Re: MTN Nigeria Launches NextApps Store by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
nadia_SA:
Both countries..mtn good network..
what are u smoking? angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Edge Mobile Phone 2017 With New Type Display Feature (price, Launch Date) / Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? / 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.