Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) (34122 Views)

Fayose Begins The Construction Of Flyover In Ekiti State (Photos) / The Abuja Ministerial Blues By @delemomodu / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2013

16 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by bloggernaija: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Another white elephant from unthinking people.what happened to Abuja information technology zone? Oh wait let me see,Abuja does not have the human resources.meanwhile, many IT incubation centres are springing up all over Lagos via private enterprise
These apemen know nothing about nation building. Money would have been better spent on a Abuja agricultural belt . At least , that will help reduce the sheer amount of money the leeching capital is consuming to the detriment of the states .

15 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
Just imagine the world trade centre in DC
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Beaf1: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
What size of Boeing does Boko Harem need to fly into this one cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by ifeanyionyia: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
--
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by musiwa29: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
who is this person

govt is broken. what they need to do change the design. since you already have 2 close to finish.. you stop after finishing.. the third portion already started. you redesign for car park. you cant continue, too expensive. all schools need to be repaired. they are in need.

you finish one building first before you start the other one.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by bloggernaija: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: Apeman, I bliv d Private investors spending billions of naira setting this up know more of what they are doing than an overtly talkative Ignoramus like yrself......

Bala Mohammed, minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Thursday disclosed that arrangements have been concluded for the ground breaking of the $1 billion Abuja World Trade Centre (AWTC).

President Goodluck Jonathan is to perform the groundbreaking ceremony at the 37-storey Abuja World Trade Centre located on 6.102 hectares of land along Constitution Road, Central Business District, Abuja in September, 2011.

Mohammed disclosed that the investor, First Intercontinental Limited, a subsidiary of Churchgate Investments Limited, has obtained a WTC licence from the United States World Trade Centre to replicate the project in Nigeria.

The minister added that the administration has already attracted $2.6 billion direct foreign investment from a US company, Balkan Group, for the development of Down Town project and infrastructure.

According to him, World Trade Centre, a non-profit and non-political association, was established to promote and facilitate world trade and provides a platform to the world by connecting nearly 300 cities and 85 countries through a powerful array of information and services, adding that over 750,000 companies are affiliated with World Trade Centre Association (WTCA).

The Minister noted that the project, on completion, “will no doubt launch Nigeria into the global economic arena and indeed the African sub-region,” saying that the mega-multi-use complex consists of high-rise residential and service apartment towers, office towers as well as centre iconic tower, conference facilities, retail shopping mall with food and beverage as well as entertainment facilities.

The N152 billion project is jointly owned by the [/b]FCT administration[b] and First Intercontinental Properties Limited, a subsidiary of Church Gate Group under the Public Private Partnership (PPP).

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
bloggernaija: Another white elephant from unthinking people.what happened to Abuja information technology zone? Oh wait let me see,Abuja does not have the human resources.meanwhile, many IT incubation centres are springing up all over Lagos via private enterprise
These apemen know nothing about nation building. Money would have been better spent on a Abuja agricultural belt . At least , that will help reduce the sheer amount of money the leeching capital is consuming to the detriment of the states .

Thank you. When it's completed, please don't visit. If you do, let thunder fire you.

28 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Itoroetti(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=bloggernaija]Another white elephant from unthinking people.what happened to Abuja information technology zone? Oh wait let me see,Abuja does not have the human resources.meanwhile, many IT incubation centres are springing up all over Lagos via private enterprise

Can u see what hatred has reduced u to?..and u called urself a blogger?what do u blog for for ur blind followers?
Instead of appreciating the good work,u are busy abusing it.
Mediocre blogger.

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by adrainuche(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2013
Wait and some people would say GEJ is nt trying !!!! Am nt saying he is responsible for the building !! But all these welcome development I see in NL he doesn't seem as bad as people say he is !!! Except his Wife sha !!! That one na TB Joshua get am !!! Lol na joke ooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Lordave: 11:30am On Jul 06, 2013
At times I see yellow crane when passing through that side. Which construction company was the contract awarded to, shey no be SAWOE?
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by yuncka: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2013
I hope bokoharam will b totally extinct b4 d project is finished. 9/11 tins might b runnin tru dia mind.

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by harmless011: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2013
I'm impressed
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Akpaife(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2013
Soon some mumu will say GEJ is nt working them will nt see ds 1,some fools never come abuja n see tins our capital fyn like say 2morow no dey I love abuja die very cool nt like other noise maker state

2 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2013
bloggernaija: Another white elephant from unthinking people.what happened to Abuja information technology zone? Oh wait let me see,Abuja does not have the human resources.meanwhile, many IT incubation centres are springing up all over Lagos via private enterprise
Admit it Bros! It beats your imagination! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Lordave: 11:33am On Jul 06, 2013
yuncka: I hope bokoharam will b totally extinct b4 d project is finished. 9/11 tins might b runnin tru dia mind.
JTF is presently performing 9/11 tins on them.

2 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Bobbystanley(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2013
I surrender to criticize GEJ.
I am beginning to realise what this man has done in this our country..He has indeed transformed Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by onyeguy: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2013
undecided nonsense undecided
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Goldenheart(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2013
Great development
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Jendorr1(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2013
hmmmmmmm God we help us
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by martin1772(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2013
Is this naija?
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by mike404(m): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2013
Jendorr1: hmmmmmmm God we help us
yes God "WE" save you my brother grin

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Koladephilip: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2013
If this is true, then I'm proud to be a Nigerian. But I think the Govt should liaise with developed countries on antiterrorism and security operations for this Edifice so that we don't someday regret having a WTC.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Capnd143(m): 11:48am On Jul 06, 2013
Nice development. As 4 those ACN Goons, i dnt blame you guys, if this project was nt executed you would be the first to say that GeJ govt is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by gragraboy: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2013
martin1772: Is this naija?
no it is congo!
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by gragraboy: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2013
no it is congo!.....wanshere...
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Lordave: 11:53am On Jul 06, 2013
No it's Otuoke.

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by billante(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2013
Nairaland front page for the past two days has been a washed with mega projects being flagged off, constructed or commissioned....if this is a characteristic of a failed govt then someone people are dragging Grammy award with the devil in lies! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by myners007: 11:58am On Jul 06, 2013
i hope say no be obinna supply d rods n other building materials if not na another collapsed building story we go hear again

2 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by olusola2bello: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Wow....the last time I was in abj early last year they were still on the first floor. Good to see work is progressing this far....but d government should also try and put more efforts into the abuja towers and the national library. Kudos to the developers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Destroys Olukere’s Billboard: Riot In Ekiti / Kazeem Ololade, Ogun Councillor Commissions Windows Newly Installed (photo) / 2 Politicians Fighting At A Shopping Center In Port-Harcourt (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.