Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (71964 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by addictiv(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
if Nigeria had a transparent govt...the private sector could easily invest in building standard correctional facilities and leasing them out to govt....this practice is quite common abroad and a good investment if you ask me....but who would trust a govt who owes lecturers 12,500.
Also if we were in an ideal state, govt can come up with a scheme to pay lawyers that take up cases of prisoners and an extra incentive for each case won by the lawyer....now the lawyer who would not want his money tied down, would try his best to prove his clients innocence...this could create opportunities for lawyers and would help decongest the facilities.
then the judiciary could be improved by upgrading to world standard judiciary...
i mean our leaders travel out and see this things abroad,why cant they bring these ideas and systems home?...

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by K0ala7(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Meanwhile in Norway:

Source: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083,00.html

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by pekelepekele(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fhemmmy: Impossible . . . Nice joke though

Not a joke bro and and the last time i went there with my pastor for evangelism ,tears roll out my eyes wondering why those guys haven't commit suicide cry
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by hotmas911(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
deserteagl: please verify your story before posting .. No prison in Nigeria looks like this. First of all, they are given uniforms for easy identification and are not allowed to keep personal effects which could easily be used as weapons. True that the facilities are overstretched due to overcrowding and the slow processing of cases by the judicial system but nothing compared to the fake pictures posted here.
Regards
u are very wrong sir. Only d convicts av uniforms. And that is exactly the inside of nigerian prison.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Drhenrysaint(m): 11:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
WildChild00: Nairaland is becoming something else thisdays, where anybody can just come and fabricate news, pictures, claiming to be real, and people will tend to believe in it.
GUY U RE SICK UPSTAIRS. IS REAL BELIEVE IT OR F#UCK OUTTA OF THIS THREAD. I VE TASTED AND CONFIREMED IT. U CN GO TO IMO STATE. EG- CRACK SQUAD CELL. OPPOSITE IMO STATE GOVERNMENT HOUSE.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by touchmeder: 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh no lipsrsealed embarassed undecided
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
ALL YOU HARD HEADED STIFF NECKED REBELLIOUS BELLIGERENT PEOPLE NEED TO BE LOCKED UP IN THAT PLACE TO ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE. THATS AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTER RIGHT THERE grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by sobastical: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
NIGERIA OOOOO, na wa oo
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by agohavivi(f): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
The first pix is obviously that of corpses not prisoners while the other might be a picture of prisoners. Nairaland should stop sending unfouned stories such as this to frontpage.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Biodup: 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
I reject dis place for myself and my enemy.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
the first pic is epic grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
agoha_vivi: The first pix is obviously that of corpses not prisoners while the other might be a picture of prisoners. Nairaland should stop sending unfouned stories such as this to frontpage.

You people should try and move around and also go to prison for evangelism. Some cell for awaiting trials inmates are so crowded that they don't get space to lay down. Both pictures are a true representation of the real thing. Some cells are even worse, though some could be a little better.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by musiwa29: 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
there is injustice in the nigeria justice system. many people end up in jail for ethnic reason.

many judge pursue ethnics control. many prisoner are awaiting court cases for many years... even for crime.. less than 1 month.. they have been there for several years..

it is only fair to release majority of them whose crime is not murder. if they have been in prison for more than 5 years. this is what i think.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
this is heaven for gay people, no wonder they were protesting, knowing well where thy are heading to ... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
deserteagl: please verify your story before posting .. No prison in Nigeria looks like this. First of all, they are given uniforms for easy identification and are not allowed to keep personal effects which could easily be used as weapons. True that the facilities are overstretched due to overcrowding and the slow processing of cases by the judicial system but nothing compared to the fake pictures posted here.
Regards

You don't know what you are saying. Just select four federal prisons to visit for evangelism or usual visit in different states and you will never remain the same. You will be in a sober reflection for many months. Even in some police cells the inmates don't have space to stretch their bodies, they said they sleep in turns. You should also know that those awaiting trials don't wear uniform. To come to think that some are innocent and never envisaged in their most horrific nightmare they would be in that condition can bring somebody to tears. And some will be in that unfortunate situation for years before they can be discharged or cleared in court.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by sweeteasy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
OH NO!!! shocked This looks terrible, no one deserves this no matter the type of crime committed. This condition is dehumanizing! cry
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by binhozie(m): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
so if someone goes down with TB in here, so what next?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by seunlayi(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
frontpage.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by jammani(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hahahahaha, now i am begining to fear dis photoshop, dia is notin dat useless fellow can't du
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by alligatorswerve: 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
When will our govt realised that people are sent to prison AS PUNISHMENT not FOR PUNISHMENT
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by antartica(m): 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Just somewhere around the comer there where they are sleeping will be open sewage in buckets that the newest inmates have to carry on their heads to empty outside every morning. To survive in prisons in Nigeria means going to hell and back.

Nigerians to a great extent are immuned to bacteria and diseases,if not there will be series of dangerous epidemics in nigerian prisons

1 Like

Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by EatmyShorts: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
iykak47: What is the difference between this and hell fire? angry

The Fire.

But wait oooo, you may be right. The Heat there will be enough to roast Plantain.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by hot937(f): 11:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
Fhemmmy: Impossible . . . Nice joke though

Obviously you don't know whatzup in Nigeria penal system. Fyi this is how men sleep in detention @ NPF CID Station Panti Yaba Adekunle
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by EatmyShorts: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
We need to fix the Judiciary. How can a Prisoner be awaiting Trial for 8Years??!!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by iykak47: 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
mtprofessor5: fire dey for hell fire
You should not take it literally.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
@ OP ,Did u say enjoy their life? What are they enjoying please,free midnite call abi wetin ?
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by bornosheikh: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Baba Jesus, if I ever do bad tin (God forbid) and am convicted to gaol, please let it be in Sweden or Norway where my prison room will have heated pillows, TV, study desk and nyashing rack from a visit by my Nordic princess as conjugal visits are mandatory.

Dese Scandinavia prison is better than Proteas, Federal reserve hotels, walai!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by elampiro(m): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
antartica: Just somewhere around the comer there where they are sleeping will be open sewage in buckets that the newest inmates have to carry on their heads to empty outside every morning. To survive in prisons in Nigeria means going to hell and back.

Nigerians to a great extent are immuned to bacteria and diseases,if not there will be series of dangerous epidemics in nigerian prisons

I think this applies to people in police cells and prison inmates awaiting trial. It looks like the convicts have better life than those still being investigated or being prosecuted.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by EatmyShorts: 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
K0ala7: Meanwhile in Norway:

Source: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083,00.html

Nawaaaoo! That Prison will beat Best Western and Holiday inn any day.

Prison that is better than a two star Hotel. Na WAA!
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by antartica(m): 12:00am On Jul 06, 2013
elampiro:

I think this applies to people in police cells and prison inmates awaiting trial. It looks like the convicts have better life than those still being investigated or being prosecuted.
elampiro:

Yeah,the pictures look like adeniji adele awaiting trial cell. A true hell hole in earth.
Re: Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life by EatmyShorts: 12:01am On Jul 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: this is heaven for gay people, no wonder they were protesting, knowing well where thy are heading to ... grin grin grin grin

Will you keep Quiet, you Evil Serpent! Stop discriminating against God's Children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu, FFK’s Ex-Wife Sends Strong Message As He Unveils New Lover / Jimi Agbaje Called Akinwunmi Ambode To Congratulate Him Screenshot / Tinubu Sleeps Off At APC Rally In Kwara State? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.