Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Electricity Situation In Your Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Situation In Your Area (12665 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Electricity Situation Worsens As Tariff Increases. / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 1:32am On Jul 06, 2013
With the various reforms that are been put in place by federal govt in the power sector and with the commissioning of several power projects and their addition into the national grid, I believe strongly that things have gotten much better in terms of electricity supply in the country.

Electricity supply in my area has improved greatly over the last one month.
It was initially @ 8 hours out of 24 hours but has now risen to average 20 hours out of 24 hours.

This is a significant improvement on the part of the FG.

Let's know the present electricity situation in your area.

( I reside in ogbomoso, oyo state nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by LaudateII: 1:50am On Jul 06, 2013
Well, if electricity in your area has improved, I am happy for you. However, pls forgive me if I do not join your thanksgiving service. undecided

In my own area in Lekki district of Lagos, the state government dashed us over-expensive toll gates and ridiculously costly 3km toll bridges, but forgot to include constant electricity supply. Sometimes we get 6 hours of electricity 3 times a week, on alternative days of the week. But on other days PHCN withholds the power completely for the entire 24 hours. angry

We often resort to fasting & prayer before power supply is restored. The Lord shall fight our battles in Lekki. Can I get an Amen from somebody?? undecided

18 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by BabaAlabi: 1:55am On Jul 06, 2013
What's your laptop number? Stop coming here to spread lies because the power situation is terrible AF...8 hours of light in 1 week...

7 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 3:05am On Jul 06, 2013
Laudate II: Well, if electricity in your area has improved, I am happy for you. However, pls forgive me if I do not join your thanksgiving service. undecided

In my own area in Lekki district of Lagos, the state government dashed us over-expensive toll gates and ridiculously costly 3km toll bridges, but forgot to include constant electricity supply. Sometimes we get 6 hours of electricity 3 times a week, on alternative days of the week. But on other days PHCN withholds the power completely for the entire 24 hours. angry

We often resort to fasting & prayer before power supply is restored. The Lord shall fight our battles in Lekki. Can I get an Amen from somebody?? undecided

I can understand your plight, infact I have also experience such.
But am sure that with time, things are gonna get fixed. Indeed, by this year's end, remarkable improvements will be experienced.

We need to state our problems to the authorities so they can know where to come in

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 3:10am On Jul 06, 2013
BabaAlabi: What's your laptop number? Stop coming here to spread lies because the power situation is terrible AF...8 hours of light in 1 week...

The fact that electricity is still epileptic in your area doesn't mean its the same generally.

We are still developing, but with time we will surely get there.

I will still say things have gotten better interms of electricity supply atleast in this part of the country.

And btw,
I don't believe your statement, "8 hours of light in 1 week...".

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Reptyle(m): 3:51am On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

The fact that electricity is still epileptic in your area doesn't mean its the same generally.

We are still developing, but with time we will surely get there.

I will still say things have gotten better interms of electricity supply atleast in this part of the country.

And btw,
I don't believe your statement, "8 hours of light in 1 week...".

if you dont believe his statement, come to my area, Satellite town, Oriade LCDA, Lagos and see man's inhumanity to man! come and see how darkness has taken over the area. If we get 8 hrs of light per week, we'd throw a party.

9 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 5:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Reptyle:

if you dont believe his statement, come to my area, Satellite town, Oriade LCDA, Lagos and see man's inhumanity to man! come and see how darkness has taken over the area. If we get 8 hrs of light per week, we'd throw a party.

But all the same, I still believe things are getting as per electricity stability.

It may be long though, but we will surely get thr.

Plus, we need to hear from people in other areas of the country.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by otokx(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2013
No electricity in UNIPORT for over a week now, ALUU is better off with 5 hours at least every 3 days between midnight and 6am. Note that the bills remain high as if there is constant light.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Danhumprey: 7:28am On Jul 06, 2013
Electricity has been a bit constant in my area. But know this,most of this places where electricity is constant are in urban areas. The rural areas which takes a large expanse of land are grossly lacking electricity. There is constant darkness hovering like a thick cloud. You should be happy that you live in the city otherwise,you just would hate the government.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Tolexander: 7:28am On Jul 06, 2013
Thank you very much!

The question should have been what is the current candle light situation in my area cos we've not been given electricity since 3weeks ago !

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Ifetex(m): 7:44am On Jul 06, 2013
Looking @ the way Nepa gives light 2 our vilage now, one would tink it End time tinz, cous it 23 hrs a day 2/7 with full curent,
my village is in Imo state

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by dapachez: 7:50am On Jul 06, 2013
Where in ogbomoso do you get up to 20 hours of electricity in a day? Please go to apake all the way to Randa area through to Ora park and ask people that live there how the light situation is like or better still go to Bowen university teaching hospital there and ask the security at the gate the power situation and then give us here another feedback. I know the light situation in lautech area,under G and towards that illorin side is better but don't just come here and generalise. The voltage in all the previously mentioned area(apake,randa,ora,californa n around the local government secretariat) is always low and I keep wondering why cos there are no industries in ogbomoso so why the low voltage.
kaze4blues:
With the various reforms that are been put in place by federal govt in the power sector and with the commissioning of several power projects and their addition into the national grid, I believe strongly that things have gotten much better in terms of electricity supply in the country.

It was initially @ 8 hours out of 24 hours but has now risen to average 20 hours out of 24 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

bros, this is the raining season, selve your thanksgiving- asslickin ceremony for the dry season wen water level will be low!

And besides, u live in the village, u shld enjoy more light than the overload city of ibadan!

My gen is still in good shape and still in service!
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Brimmie(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2013
Here In Akure, As Usual Nothing New!!
12 - 4 In The Day And 8 - 2 At Night!!

LaptopDog, Ur Laptop Go Soon Burst For Ur Face!!
[size=30] Jonathan Is WAN.KING! cheesy cheesy [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2013
Stay in kaduna. The light situation is improving. Average of 16-17 hours per day. And its full current.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Akpaife(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2013
otokx: No electricity in UNIPORT for over a week now, ALUU is better off with 5 hours at least every 3 days between midnight and 6am. Note that the bills remain high as if there is constant light.
Becos u guys dnt paid
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Walexz02(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2013
I reside at oyo East lga in oyo town. We dont have light here since yestarday. I have a wedding to attend today but i am yet to iron my ankara. U see!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Akpaife(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2013
4 my side we r enjoying always full
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by AbuMikey(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2013
Nepa dey do like winch for my area ooo,Dem dey give us 3days constant light and 2days Blackout

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by mascot87(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2013
Parasitic and epileptic. SMH for government

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Bobbystanley(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2013
Nepa don kill person with light for my area.

Jonathan is indeed working!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by dridowu: 11:02am On Jul 06, 2013
With sincerity my workplace ( around ago palace roundabout) has minimum of 19hrs per day but 4 home (oke arin, aroud idumota )d last time i saw light was a week ago. Again power will alwaz b ok during raining season but 4 dry season...........................forget am

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2013
these phools have started again.

u now have 25 hrs power shey?

just 2 weeks ago the entire country had no power for days.

use your other accounts and call your cohorts to come and lie to yourselves.

it appears u folks just got paid in the last 3 days. continue your image laundering job. nothing do u.

remember tho that no quantity of lipstick can a pig into a beauty queen

10 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Gold2NairaCom(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2013
In my Area = B. At my office = E8.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Brimmie(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: these phools have started again.

u now have 25 hrs power shey?

just 2 weeks ago the entire country had no power for days.

use your other accounts and call your cohorts to come and lie to yourselves.

it appears u folks just got paid in the last 3 days. continue your image laundering job. nothing do u.

remember tho that no quantity of lipstick can a pig into a beauty queen

[size=40] +1 [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by lexrichy(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2013
We have 24hrs light here in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by mesther96(f): 11:09am On Jul 06, 2013
#ogun state# ewekoro LG,mor dan 20 out of 24 hrs!smileysmileysmiley

no b GEJ do am,na AMOSUN

#team AMOSUN 4 2015#

4 a beta OGUN state!smileysmiley8-)
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Lordave: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2013
As I just open this thread na im they take light for the first time since 4days.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2013
This govt is a scam! I 'm coherced 2 pay crazy bills for non-supplied power! I wish nig. Is Egypt!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Lordave: 11:13am On Jul 06, 2013
m.esther96:
#ogun state# ewekoro LG,mor dan 20 out of 24 hrs!smileysmileysmiley

no b GEJ do am,na AMOSUN

#team AMOSUN 4 2015#

4 a beta OGUN state!smileysmiley8-)
taaaarh sharappp! See ur mouth....nyenyenyenyenyenyenye!
No be only Amosun na Obosun 2015.
Kudos to GEJ jorh.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by shereef19: 11:13am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante

14 Likes

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by preshh(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2013
THE LIGHTING SITUATION IN MY AREA;UMUAHIA HAS IMPROVED REMARKABLY,HOPE THOSE IN CHARGE CAN SUSTAIN THIS FIT FOR A LONG TIME

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abia Central Senatorial District: Governor Orji Records Landslide Win / Two Courts Issue Conflicting Judgments On APC Candidates In Zamfara / Woman Reportedly Brutalised By Rivers Police Loses Pregnancy, Demands Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.