Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Electricity Situation In Your Area - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Situation In Your Area (12667 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Electricity Situation Worsens As Tariff Increases. / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Picomon(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

I can understand your plight, infact I have also experience such.
But am sure that with time, things are gonna get fixed. Indeed, by this year's end, remarkable improvements will be experienced.

We need to state our problems to the authorities so they can know where to come in

Wetin u dey talk? For how long we go continue to dey state our problems?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Picomon(m): 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Whoa leaving outside is now your life's achievement?Enjoy your 24hrs supply while doing your dish washer job with a master's degree from lasu. The only person called a nigger here is you. Nobody in Nigeria is called a nigger. We will vote as we like come 2015, unfortunately you cannot vote.

Why b say na lasu u c mention?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by nagoma(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:
The fact that electricity is still epileptic in your area doesn't mean its the same generally.
We are still developing, but with time we will surely get there.
I will still say things have gotten better interms of electricity supply atleast in this part of the country.
And btw I don't believe your statement, "8 hours of light in 1 week...".

The 40 laptop holders are working hard to sell Jona. A well known expired commodity that lacks quality. Electric power is basic need for all countries and we don't have it in Nigeria despite huge unaccounted for spendings.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by atlwireles: 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
Blakjewelry: I no know for ur side o! But were i dey for delta state, we dey enjoy power for atleast 22hrs except days like 2day saturday. May be na 2day phcn dey go coven.

Same news here, Ughelli south, Power is almost 22hrs per day for months now. I don't know what people having no power for days are talking about. I am just confused by their reports.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by atlwireles: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
Picomon:

Why b say na lasu u c mention?

No vex picomon, Lasu alumni class of 93,.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
collynzo2: What's your biz with my state? Some parts of the state have constant light.
Is my state tooo.. tongue..
I wanted to know if my ppl have light..
Hummmmm

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Raypawer(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Reporting From OsongAma Estate, Uyo We get constant light 5 out of 7 nights (full current, usually from 9pm till 7am) in a week. But during daytime... phcn releases light 4 out of 12 hours in a day..
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Donmams(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

I can understand your plight, infact I have also experience such.
But am sure that with time, things are gonna get fixed. Indeed, by this year's end, remarkable improvements will be experienced.

We need to state our problems to the authorities so they can know where to come in

Government sponsored lackey.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by guddy4real: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=kaze4blues]
With the various reforms that are been put in place by federal govt in the power sector and with the commissioning of several power projects and their addition into the national grid, I believe strongly that things have gotten much better in terms of electricity supply in the country.

Electricity supply in my area has improved greatly over the last one month.
It was initially @ 8 hours out of 24 hours but has now risen to average 20 hours out of 24 hours.

This is a significant improvement on the part of the FG.

Let's know the present electricity situation in your area.

( I reside in ogbomoso, oyo state nigeria) I reside in Sabo,southern kaduna, I think GEJ has done perfectly well in the power sector, there is constant electricity in many part of the country, here we experience constant electricity with full voltage, so if there is no constant electricity in your area maybe your state have to do something about it.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by donpeluchi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
power is terrible in festac. we barely get 7 hours of electricity in a day.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by ibehkc(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
In warri in delta state, dia ve been constant power supply since dis year. Am a corper and in I must testify that just power supply ve been d only thing working in delta state. For over 5months now, I dnt know what power going off is. I dey even off TV with fear say e go over work. If I enter east and my village, I ve noticed lotta improvement. In osha, I ve been magical and I am saying it.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nehemiah459(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
I have been taught to open up when I am feeling pains.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
mike404: Di gi obu onye imo state
Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by aAK1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Power has been on for the past 3 days in bosso estate,minna niger state
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kemifemi: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=donpeluchi]power is terrible in festac. we barely get 7 hours of electricity in a day.

Terrible is an understatement. The beans wey I cook put for freezer don spoil as light no dey since tuesday.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
[b][/b]Let me heareth...in my area at Olodi-apapa..Light av not coms Since toon wiks..me sef d light eyaf tayad me...ayaf swear dat if dey likes let them bring d light..i will not sout up Nepa...bincause it is a wa for our prensident..im n my big mummy dame patient dat use to teach me all dese kind of engrish i'm speaking.. yet they av not com n repair our transformer...n give us light...cos if i fex ehn..ehn..u pimples shoe bera hold me cos if u don ol me..awi go n pour dat transformer water..

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by ugoezeik(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:
With the various reforms that are been put in place by federal govt in the power sector and with the commissioning of several power projects and their addition into the national grid, I believe strongly that things have gotten much better in terms of electricity supply in the country.

Electricity supply in my area has improved greatly over the last one month.
It was initially @ 8 hours out of 24 hours but has now risen to average 20 hours out of 24 hours.

This is a significant improvement on the part of the FG.

Let's know the present electricity situation in your area.

( I reside in ogbomoso, oyo state nigeria)
u reside in ogbomoso abi? Hw many ppl dey live there, u for com to Lagos na here u go hear nwi because anyday we see 3hrs we need to giv Tanx
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by hunter21(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
shereef19: Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante
I understand your grieviance and fustration, but i urge you to pay attention to the present political and economic of this country, see how things are changing for good and understand that any attempt at revolution in revolution in nigeria would be hijacked by foriegn powers like they have done in libya and egypt. These foriegn powers do not have our interest at heart, they are responsible for injecting corruption the nigerian systen in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by okooloyun1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
It's terrible here in Olodo area in Ibadan,d last time we see light was a month ago.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Djtm(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
About 20 hrs everyday in school. I don't know what it'll look like when I get home. I doubt i'll be able to cope.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by jjcbuthot: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
kaze4blues:

But all the same, I still believe things are getting as per electricity stability.

It may be long though, but we will surely get thr.

Plus, we need to hear from people in other areas of the country.

Will you shut up your mouth? Do you have to be searching to see improvement?

Electricity supply has not improved in my area and elsewhere. We still run around looking for fuel to run our generator sets everyday.

I know the liars leading the country will try to deceive the people as election approaches with short term effort to provide electricity. But we will be back to nothing again after election. I just pray God doesn't allow GEJ to come back, otherwise, the second 4 years will be hellish for Nigerians - we will have to deal with the most reckless prodigal leader in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by kaze4blues(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Will you shut up your mouth? Do you have to be searching to see improvement?

Electricity supply has not improved in my area and elsewhere. We still run around looking for fuel to run our generator sets everyday.

I know the liars leading the country will try to deceive the people as election approaches with short term effort to provide electricity. But we will be back to nothing again after election. I just pray God doesn't allow GEJ to come back, otherwise, the second 4 years will be hellish for Nigerians - we will have to deal with the most reckless prodigal leader in the history of Nigeria.

Must you hurl insults @ people before you make your opinions known?
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by felixtare(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
SERIOUSLY AM ENJOYING 20 2 23HRS OF LIGHT EVERYDAY IN JAKPA ROAD WARRI
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Oyinprince(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
light is very constant here, i dont rememba anyday d took d lite for over 1 hour,until the day i left my area, i didnt know d state of electricity is bad in sum areas.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Picomon(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seriously, for the past four days we no get light for my area. Even before then light no dey dey wella at all.

Why can't we have atleast 18hrs daily power supply?

Those folks who are saying, we have light 24hrs everyday. Well I'm happy for you, but don't start nagging when they change it to 2hrs 4mins power supply per day.

Dats all.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Picomon(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
atlwireles:

No vex picomon, Lasu alumni class of 93,.

At all, mii no vex.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by gogodaye(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
Men I simply cannot vividly recollect the last time I had light exposure courtesy of PHCN in my n'hood in the heart of the metropolis of Kuje, Abuja. Affected residents are wondering if we are still Nigerians....We mostprobably need to declare our allegience to the Camerounian government to get the slumbering folks at PHCN to get to work to offer us service in return for the over seven hundred naira non~negotiable fixed charge they now coerce out of us in league with the Dr. S. Amadi led NERC.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Jehdorb(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
D last time I ran my gen ws 2 make sure it is still functioning. I barely remember I Hve a gen... Power supply @ Isu/3 L.G.A. Abia State on point

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by atlwireles: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
Picomon: Seriously, for the past four days we no get light for my area. Even before then light no dey dey wella at all.

Why can't we have atleast 18hrs daily power supply?

Those folks who are saying, we have light 24hrs everyday. Well I'm happy for you, but don't start nagging when they change it to 2hrs 4mins power supply per day.

Dats all.

I'm surprised at the disparity around the country. Here in delta state around the warri/ughelli areas power supply is a non issue. 18-22 hours per day is common.
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by ps5(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
For my side. New market road onitsha. Light dey since last night
Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by tunde1200(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
hunter2,1:

I understand your grieviance and fustration, but i urge you to pay attention to the present political and economic of this country, see how things are changing for good and understand that any attempt at revolution in revolution in nigeria would be hijacked by foriegn powers like they have done in libya and egypt. These foriegn powers do not have our interest at heart, they are responsible for injecting corruption the nigerian systen in the first place.

you are wrong with this your comments bro.

the guy make sense so much to me and every good thinker.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Situation In Your Area by Infomaz(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
I stay in New Layout off Jakpa Road, Effurun Warri. Power supply hv improved remarkably for months now. PHCN should howeva pls stop sending crazy estimates as bills.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers / "President Buhari, VP Osinbajo Care Less About Re-election" - Ismaeel Ahmed / 2019: South-east PDP Warns Against Sabotaging Atiku/obi •insists Obi Very Qualif

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.