Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple (28450 Views)

Conjoined Twins Born In Ganjuwa, Bauchi State (Photos) / 10 Of The World's Most Famous Conjoined Twins / Conjoined Twins Born In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by dani1luv: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2013
he conjoined twins were delivered at about 7 pm on July 2, 2013 at LUNA Hospital in Gwarinpa, Abuja. The babies are joined from the stomach and chest down. They have three legs joined together, one liver, one kidney and one intestine.” Ironically, the scan that was conducted didn’t reveal that it was conjoined twins.

The 32-year-old resident of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, who is from Itu Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, and his 30-year-old wife, are currently at a loss.

He said, “The scan was done but we were not informed that it was conjoined twins. When we were told that the babies were twins, we were all happy. For now, my wife is still in the hospital, although not fully recovered. But she is responding to treatment.”

Bassey’s hopes were dashed when the management of the National Hospital told him that they had done their best but there was no hope that they could do the separation.

He said, “The doctors at the National Hospital said they have tried their best, including scanning and everything they could do within their power.

“They said there was nothing else they could do in that unit. But they told me that if I have anywhere in the world where the babies could be separated, they would assist and send an e-mail and refer the babies to that place.

“At what cost? For now, they have not told me but they said they could not do the separation here and would not know where they could transfer the babies,” Bassey stated.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the National Hospital, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, said, “The babies were not delivered in the National Hospital. They were delivered through a Caesarean section in a hospital somewhere in Gwarinpa; they are fine and their mother is still in the hospital, where she delivered the children. But the babies are now in our Special Care Babies Unit.”

When asked if any surgery had been done to separate conjoined babies, Haastrup replied in the negative.
He said, “Surgical operation is not the issue for now; but we have carried out some tests and other things to find out their state of health. They are lying now well in SCBU as I am speaking to you.”

[img]http://4.bp..com/-IssNqtnrZFQ/UdfmEi-hSxI/AAAAAAAACXc/3Vb2kh9JPPE/s1600/con-joined%252Btwins.jpg[/img]

http://www.punchng.com/news/conjoined-twins-born-to-jobless-abuja-couple/
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by sobaemma(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
First to coment,jah is their help
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by sobaemma(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abroad the best idea for surgery,but can this be done?the same chest,probably the same heart and stomach,na prayers o

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
Wat can we call dis one??

Good news?? Abi, Bad news??

@poster above me,(sobaemma). U did ojoro with ur MB, dat explained why u were the first to comment. Abi??

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by ACM10: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
sobaemma: Abroad the best idea for surgery,but can this be done?the same chest,probably the same heart and stomach,na prayers o

Their chances of survival after separation is almost nil even with the best hands abroad. Besides, one of the twins must be sacrificed for separation to take place. The surviving twin will live with lifelong morbidity if he is to survive.
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Desdola(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
Its quite unfortunate but i still believe all hope is not lost.
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by linuster(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by TeenageMoney(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Still a better Love story Than Twilight!!

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by sobaemma(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
India is the best option so to say,or u.s
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Its a pity
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
combined double wahala!! the Lord is your strength...it is well in the well
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by 1121: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
This situation needs divine interventions. Besides is it possible to separate conjoined twins, that are sharing the same intestines? Anyway God knows best
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Ajibam: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hmm..al iz well wit dm
10th to comment..aigoo
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by myners007: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
the federal govt n gov. akpabio should take responsibility of catering for this siamese twins.giving car gift to tuface is good but giving a helping hand to conjoined twins in critical condition is the most humane thing to do. God bless the twins n lt gud spirited people give the couples job

3 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by dridowu: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Save the twins by broadcasting it the way you broadcast Save OJB.

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by point5: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
Indian best hopital..but do nt realy kn d name..hep wt d name plz..
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Tolexander: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
How come things like this are distributed to those that can't afford the cost!
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by peterswagg(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
God will help them
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by sylve11: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
ACM10:

Their chances of survival after separation is almost nil even with the best hands abroad. Besides, one of the twins must be sacrificed for separation to take place. The surviving twin will live with lifelong morbidity if he is to survive.

honestly? sad. shocked sad cool
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by iyatrustee(f): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Just wondering what could be responsible for the increase in the birth of conjoined twins in nigeria? Used to be a rarity before.

3 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by PStacks(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Oh My God! Unemployed Parents.. The Federal govt should pls bear whatever cost and help these people.. Ehyaa. So sad. The people that conducted the scan should be held for some level of damages cos whatever scan they conducted wasn't thorough enough..

My heart goes to the kids and their parents.
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
HiAn!
They need help
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Mobsync(m): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
Oga, which one na. These ones don't look like 4 days old baby na. Their hair's full and they're black and look old. So which levs?
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by AbuMikey(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Jeez!!!! God why??
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Ajibam: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Just passing by..
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
Johovah God, I trust in you, everyday the wonder of your miraculous ways is made manifest in the life of your children who trust in you. If it is your will that these babies will be another testimony of the wonder you perform through surgeons, blessed be your holy name.

4 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Inik(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
This just sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Joepage(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
Get BEN CARSON on d phone.....!!!

3 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by donem: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
What a misfortune, i doubt if even Ben Carson would be able to successfully seperate the twins, their situation is so bad, which them the best all the same.

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
I don't think surgeries will help at all

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by Caracta(f): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
sobaemma: First to coment,jah is their help

nyere84: Wat can we call dis one??

Good news?? Abi, Bad news??

@poster above me,(sobaemma). U did ojoro with ur MB, dat explained why u were the first to comment. Abi??

People like you never cease to amaze me. For once, act your age and not your size. This is not a "joke" thread. What a shame!

@topic, wow! Ben Carson is seriously needed here. May God help them.

2 Likes

Re: Conjoined Twins Born In Abuja To Unemployed Couple by bossway(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=linuster][/quote]wow no moni 4 deir papi pocket, dis is serious

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital / 9 Symptoms We Don't Worry About -- But Should / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.