Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,457 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (7229 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / Jambites: How Was Your JAMB-UTME Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by remedies4a(m): 4:27pm On May 17, 2008
how was exams? i hope went smoothly, please comment
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by samurat(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2008
it was fine but i hope it will yeild admision pls lets study hard to make it one love to my frends and all liverpoool fans 4rm wasiu
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by pretty4me: 7:32pm On May 17, 2008
It was fine for some of us & though for others in my centre, it was thug of war for we candidates and the supervisor, an igbo man and heartless type signing students answer sheet anyhow, even when they cried and almost cried out blood he still insisted to sign; merely for talking to somebody, begging for eraser etc.

WE ONLY PRAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD HELP US OH!!!
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by shegzy(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2008
i guess you guys dont have a good connection, well! wish you all the best and learn how to handle igbo man next time.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by DisGuy: 9:09pm On May 17, 2008
hmm the minister of education and his whole entourage went round some centres
this guy is really educated, how exactly do you go into an examination room with about 30 other people
with television crew!!! shocked

the guy was even granting an interview inside the hall?

why do they try everything possible to make exams hard in nigeria
if they are not starting exams at 7am they are making students take three to four exams in a day!
apparently students are not allowed to use calculators, i wonder why the didn't just make calculators available
to the students
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by whitechriz(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2008
WELLN,

Mne was grate , but am not just happy wit the system of study in this country , IMAGINE 1.5M student took jamb , how many space are there in all uni in Nigeria not up to 500k , And you know no any bodi no admission for you ooh

Now inside 1.5 let say hhighest 600k see admision the rest 900k will resit with his junor brothers and sister we him senior , it continues like the the population keep increasing , then what do you expect -------- fustration, thief , agbro , omo ota .

How will nija grow ??/ please tell me , na just to chop money and talk nonsense all the politicain no , I DEY VEX OOOH .

I WON STUDY TEORRIST FOR SCHOOL , SO MAKE UNA HELP , SO I GO DEY BOMD ALL THOSE BIG POLITICAIN WER DEY Bleep UP .

I PRAY FOR OUR YOUTH AND ALL THAT TOOK JAMB GOD WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU , EVEN IF THE WAY HAVE TO PASS THRU OTA FARM .

AMEN .
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by free2talk(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2008
This naija,na agbara oh, ao dey go jus conduct exam like that,ma guy ma no lie u na evrywhere 4 dis naija dey tight yestaday oh.but sha we all dey pray 4 god assistance .

[ u too much]
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by DisGuy: 7:01pm On May 18, 2008
Now inside 1.5 let say hhighest 600k see admision the rest 900k will resit with his junor brothers and sister we him senior , it continues like the the population keep increasing , then what do you expect -------- fustration, thief , agbro , omo ota .

will they be resitting because they failed or because they cant get a place this year or perhaps the fail them on purpose because there are no space available ?
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 19, 2008
Dis Guy:

will they be resitting because they failed or because they can't get a place this year or perhaps the fail them on purpose because there are no space available ?

The spaces are not there. The Schools are even over-enrolling. The implication is if you got a good score like 200 or 220 and do not know anybody, you may be asked to resit and try harder. For what need? Look, my brother pulled 196 at the 2006/07 edition and now will go into year two Biocehem Unijos in June, and he is doing well. At least he has Bs, As and Cs. No Ds so far. But folks with higher grades are falling off.

So those that couldn't be admitted just because no spaces in Unijos at that time would have been absorbed elsewhere and you would have seen how good they are. If not for a prof. in that school, my brother would have been redoing UME over and over.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Omeibuo: 6:02pm On May 19, 2008
Why e no go be good? E suppose be good for some and bad for others. All is dependent on the preparations thart one has made before the exams plus good fortune. But for those who depend on micro chips, e fit be a very bad day
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Suntemi(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2008
I wasn't really part of the exam exercise, but I wish all Jambites success.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by mystics(m): 6:28pm On May 19, 2008
Most times in Nigeria, the result of an exam justifies how the exam was. So though i wrote well and hope to pass, like most people would say, 'NA WETIN DEM GIVE ME"

This is not the first time that am writing the UME, the 3rd time actually, Thanks to God i have not had a history of failing UME

To be candid, i think that banning the use of calculators in UME is not carefully thought through. Looking at the time frame which students need to use and the technicalities of the questions, it would be unfair for calculators to be banned. Honestly, most of the people who set these rules will not and can not be able to sovle a simple equation without using a calculator. I think that using a calculator or not can not amount to the true test of knowledge as i know to well that even with the calculator, WETIN YOU NO SABI, YOU NO SABI

Be cool guys and think about this
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by motide(m): 7:17pm On May 19, 2008
It is not easy to writing math on jamb day. Some of us where scared of what our eventual score will be. Any way, we all depend on God. It is only God who can Help us. Lets keep praying to God only he can help us.
Nocturnal man. tongue
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by motide(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2008
Any how if you don't have connection create one because anyhow in this country you must just go to school unless you want to be [b][/b][color=#990000][/color] pushing wheel barrow
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by motide(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2008
Any how sha make una no worry because life is full of ups and down. If you think you have failed you may eventually pass with flying colour
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by quadrillio(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2008
I VE DONE JAMB JAMB FOUR TIMES AND THE FUNNIEST THING IS THAT I FAILED NONE THE LOWEST I GOT WAS 215(272,247,215,AWAITING) YET AM TIL AT HOME

all we need is prayer so that this year will be our year
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by adetunrayo(f): 10:22am On May 20, 2008
Jamb! Jamb! Jamb! I thank God am no longer there candidate.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by otokx(m): 10:40am On May 20, 2008
Score well and know somebody "like me" then you will enter university.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by coopedro(m): 10:42am On May 20, 2008
When Jamb fails, think of another alternative.
Remember not to forget that it is wrong to store all your eggs in the same basket.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by alldone(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2008
best wishes to all jambites.
The lord see u through
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by RiffRaff: 11:25am On May 20, 2008
my exam was terrible! the invigilatr be SU (suegbe union). they n allow me use Expo. could u believe they even siezed my phone. i shaded rubish sha. it will be a miracle if i score 100.

n wrry sha. i don go meet ne baba wey go do jazz fr the cmuter marking my script. it will malfunction and dash me 290. abi anybody else is intereted in the jazz grin
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by SENATORJD(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2008
@riff-raff crash and burn program na in u dey, computer malfunction give u mark?wa pe be.u think say we for jamb office no get jazz?dey there. ooo fail gan
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by alex406(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2008
My people,it is true that one must pass through hell to get into higher institutions here in 9jer but i must urge you all that took this UME,why not try and see if you can also enroll yourselves in all these IT Training and Examination so that you don't just waste time sitting at home waiting for miracle to happen.Lets say one did not pass,whats the need for wasting the time and money whereas you have so many things to do with time.Lets think well,you can only make it in 9jer if you are wise and smart.Lets pray that Baba God render his helping hand.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by princesa(f): 1:55pm On May 20, 2008
they had to change my center on that day, so it was a little running around for me
but everything else was okay
it was simple we had a little added time
i thank God sha!! Hurray cool
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 20, 2008
Horrible is an understatement for how it was for me. Got to the center at about 9 am, started at about 3:30 pm. I hope it ends up in admission sha.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Harus(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2008
@ SENATOR JD

Its a pleasure getting somebody from JAMB.
I need ur vassistance for this jamb wey I wrote.
Tell me what to do and consider it done.
Money is not my problem. Just tell me what to do as **** runs.
This is ur opportunity to make money.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by imelachi(f): 4:31pm On May 20, 2008
Yeah, the Exam was cul, great, I just pray it yield admission, hey guys hope u enjoyed the exams
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by sashee(f): 4:42pm On May 20, 2008
JAMB was really good.it was actually better than i expected cuz everyone was making it sound like a big deal but i hope 4 d best sha!
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by Royce29: 5:19pm On May 20, 2008
The schs are over populated and people are determined more than ever to get an education. Schs, with the their so called post ume exploit the situation to raise funds and give the hopefuls the boot. Its really sad and it'll get worse like every other thing in nigeria, but its still our own.
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by SENATORJD(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2008
Harus:

@ SENATOR JD

Its a pleasure getting somebody from JAMB.
I need your vassistance for this jamb wey I wrote.
Tell me what to do and consider it done.
Money is not my problem. Just tell me what to do as **** runs.
This is your opportunity to make money.
nothing much,just 3 tear rubber(EOD continues,camry 08 and avalon), a house in maitama and one in chicago, $4mil wired to an account in swiss, another N11 mil in my uba here, and 6 Mopos(all loaded) in case Efcc comes bursting.when u fulfil all these get back to me. wink
quadrillio:

I VE DONE JAMB JAMB FOUR TIMES AND THE FUNNIEST THING IS THAT I FAILED NONE THE LOWEST I GOT WAS 215(272,247,215,AWAITING) YET AM TIL AT HOME
oboy shocked bros ye, with all these scores how come u still dey house oboy u sure say no be Airforce dey operate?omo serious fasting and prayer o
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by aisida: 7:30pm On May 20, 2008
it was ok but the government should cancel post UME because if they want to stop crime in the country, it will encourage student to read in the country and post ume is another expenses for student in some university you will send like 30 thousand naira on it and were do you want student to see that amount from their parent i will advise the government to cancel it .
thanks
God bless Nigeria
one love
Re: To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? by DisGuy: 11:09pm On May 20, 2008

why do you keep rewriting the exams? does it expire or the school you chose wanted a higher grade?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Year Old Nigerian Passes A Levels / Meet Secondary Student Appointed King In Ondo After Death Of His Father / Open Letter To IGP Over Plight Of Teachers In Police Schools By Joseph Anjorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.