Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (440291 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 12:44am On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks all, I got some help from this thread.

I've been trying to get the visa requirements no luck
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by markobinna(m): 5:42am On Nov 16, 2013
pls how can I start my admission process in Germany, visa application, can some one help wit German universities official site
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by davidbettina: 6:12am On Nov 16, 2013
markobinna: pls how can I start my admission process in Germany, visa application, can some one help wit German universities official site
ask google
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by maxdozie(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Ok Guyz i have read the whole thread and am abit confused. Please someone should tell us the steps to take for an undergraduate to study in germany... What and what are we to do? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chidexy(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2013
markobinna: pls how can I start my admission process in Germany, visa application, can some one help wit German universities official site

To search for German Universities offering your programme of choice in English, you can use this link:
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by tomzman: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2013
Really nice thread. I enjoyed going through it. I'm surely gonna take some actions based on what I've seen here.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chidexy(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2013
zopaks: Hi! I have recently completed a bachelor degree
In Agriculture Sciences with specialization in
Agronomy . Now I am interested in International
Master of Horticultural Science at the Technische
Universität , Weihenstephan Campus. München or Food/Agric Science in University of Hohenheim Stuttgart , or International Horticulture in Leibniz Universität Hannover .... kindly guide me

University of Hohenheim is very good and one of the best in Agricultural Sciences. They offer a course in Crop Sciences in English. Weihenstephan is also good. However, if you want to major in horticulture, Hohenheim doesn't offer it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chidexy(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2013
Bandit C.:

North Rhine Westphalia is a very big region with the highest population in Germany and lots of industries. It is a perfect place for engineering students to begin their career and they have some of the most hospitable people you could meet in Germany.

The state of Hesse has lots of industries too, quite notably, the Industrie Park situated in Frankfurt (it's as big as a small village in Nigeria) and would be the dream of any body who studied Chemical Engineering since all the companies situated there are the some of the biggest Chemical Companies in the world. Think BASF, BAYER, SANOFI, CLARIANT and so on. Other than that, Frankfurt is a purely banking and Stock exchange city with gigantic banking buildings.

Berlin does not offer much in terms of industries. It is a town where politicians, secretaries and assistants thrive. Think Abuja.

Other than that, the state of Hamburg is also another huge industrial region with lots of importing and exporting going on.

Bavaria is good (don't know much about it) but I heard that the people dwelling there are some of the most unpleasant people to meet. They even look down on other Germans and have some of tbe most effed up accent you can come across in Germany. Unfortunately they have some of the best looking german girls.

Whatever you do, stay away from East Germany. They hate you and are proud of it.

@ Bandit C, I think the highlighted is factually inaccurate.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 10:14am On Nov 16, 2013
Pls can one work and school in Germany? If yes what is the authorised weekly work duration and about how can one get per hour?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2013
Bandit C.:

North Rhine Westphalia is a very big region with the highest population in Germany and lots of industries. It is a perfect place for engineering students to begin their career and they have some of the most hospitable people you could meet in Germany.

The state of Hesse has lots of industries too, quite notably, the Industrie Park situated in Frankfurt (it's as big as a small village in Nigeria) and would be the dream of any body who studied Chemical Engineering since all the companies situated there are the some of the biggest Chemical Companies in the world. Think BASF, BAYER, SANOFI, CLARIANT and so on. Other than that, Frankfurt is a purely banking and Stock exchange city with gigantic banking buildings.

Berlin does not offer much in terms of industries. It is a town where politicians, secretaries and assistants thrive. Think Abuja.

Other than that, the state of Hamburg is also another huge industrial region with lots of importing and exporting going on.

Bavaria is good (don't know much about it) but I heard that the people dwelling there are some of the most unpleasant people to meet. They even look down on other Germans and have some of tbe most effed up accent you can come across in Germany. Unfortunately they have some of the best looking german girls.

Whatever you do, stay away from East Germany. They hate you and are proud of it.
Hi ya. You've listed states with emphasis on engineering and tech. What about other industries like banking, accounting, finance houses, e.t.c. Don't such industries thrive in Germany?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2013
WildChild00:

There are lots and lots of scholarships for Ph.d studies in Germany, via daad.de that is if you know how to apply for it, frm Nigeria or via the German embassey.
pls kindly explain briefly how one can use it.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by NEGOZI: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2013
@ BANDIT C. HI thanks for your information's regarding life and schooling in germany. i live in Italy and married . i had an HND in marketing and actually i have decided to go back to university here in Italy hoping to study foreign language precisely German in the university but those in the university were i actually want to apply keeps telling me that lecturers are not giving them more attention and you have to study all alone or attend private lectures. i just want to know how difficult learning German could be and do you have any ideal if i could be giving admission from 2yr instead of starting from 1yr.

Note, i would have gone to the university to make inquiries myself but i am still waiting for my school documents which i sent to be legalized. so as soon as my documents are back from Nigeria then i can pursue my admission . i want to get an insight on how easily it could be to get admission and job as well if i finish my studies.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by laryom1(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Which German university that offers free tuitiön fee is the best to study Medicine and Surgery(MBBS).
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by laryom1(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Which German university that offers free tuitiön fee is the best to study Medicine and Surgery(MBBS)?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Owenmarvis(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2013
Bandit C.:
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.
hw can one get admission as a starter and the requirements please i need it urgently
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Owenmarvis(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2013
Bandit C.:
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.
please help me please need ur assistance
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by airclipse(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101: Pls can one work and school in Germany? If yes what is the authorised weekly work duration and about how can one get per hour?
very good question....pls sum1 provide answer....God bless...
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by airclipse(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
laryom1: Which German university that offers free tuitiön fee is the best to study Medicine and Surgery(MBBS)?
nice question too....I also await the answer.......
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2013
Pls is GRE needed
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101: Pls can one work and school in Germany? If yes what is the authorised weekly work duration and about how can one get per hour?
120 days full time and 240 days part time in a year. I think it should be approximately 20hrs per week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by airclipse(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
honourableseyi: 120 days full time and 240 days part time in a year. I think it should be approximately 20hrs per week.
tnks for the answer sir.... Does the 20hrs per week...apply тσ holidays too?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by dolpaz: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hello guys, I just receive a placement email from a university in austria inviting me for pre-msc test next year may..they also sent me all the required documents.pls what and where do I get started in terms of informing the embassy..also, I believe the embassy can give 1wk visa for such..pls house, ur advise is needed..thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by WildChild00(m): 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101:
pls kindly explain briefly how one can use it.

For scholarship in Germany, you can only get it for mostly masters and Phd level, also you can apply right way if you have a research topic, i.e. For phd level, daad.de is where you get all the information regarding scholarship, how to apply, where to sumit your application, where to download the application form, etc can be find on that site.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by dolpaz: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Guys, please am expecting a response...also, where is the thread for austrian students or peeps living in austria...thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by dolpaz: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
garri4all:

Here in Österreich, tuition fee for international students is 750€ per semester and insurance is about 50€ per month.
I'm shocked that you said education is free in Germany. I will really like to ask you, is it free for M.Sc courses offered in Englisch too?
Bro, I need ur help/advise...I receive an email from a university in austria for Pre-Msc placement test which means "I MUST" be in austria next year may/june..what is life like in austria, I love the country because of its proximity to germany,switzerland nd czech..is it easy to get a job for a post graduate student..what do u think needs to be done..hoping to read frm you soonest !
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by urchman101(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
honourableseyi: 120 days full time and 240 days part time in a year. I think it should be approximately 20hrs per week.
bro thanks, but what about the pay per hour, about how much can one get per hour?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
futurewise11: Good job.but most govt schoool wıth englısh program are also free of charge.ı only pay 70 euro per semeter.my program ıs purely ın englısh and free german language ıf u need to develop your language for ıntegratıon.
Thanks alot sir, i also follow your posts on the other thread and i must say that you are really a nice person....... Please keep the information flowing in

one love
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
maxdozie: Ok Guyz i have read the whole thread and am abit confused. Please someone should tell us the steps to take for an undergraduate to study in germany... What and what are we to do? Thanks
goto daad.de,choose a course

goto the university website and check their admission requirements and if you meet the requirements, then apply (endeavour to apply to as many schools as possible ).

when you get your admission, go to the embassy and open a German block account, then fund the account with €8000.

Book an interview date with the embassy via their website, after the interview, the visa processing takes about 3weeks ,they will mail you whenever your visa is ready.

If your visa is approved.... you have gat one foot in Germany..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
chidexy:

@ Bandit C, I think the highlighted is factually inaccurate.
Are you in east German? Please tell us more about it
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101: Pls is GRE needed
depends on your school and course of study but i think most postgraduate students need GRE
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
futurewise11: FAQ about german school admission and visa.

1)How can i apply for admission?

Use google or daad.de.

2)What is the school fees?

Most german university tuition free.except some few states where student pay 500euro.

3)Whats the admission requirement?

Generally,for undergraduate,u can get admission with olevel, toefl,good university transcript, or A levels.motivational letter,cv,etc.
Note.always check ur program requirement.
For master degree applicant,bsc result,transcript,toefl,motivational letter,cv etc

4)Can i be admitted without proof of english certificate like toefl,ielts etc.

Depending on the school/prog.
Always contact the program cordinator.they have the final say.

5)Can i be admitted with my olevel into bsc program?

No.

6)Whats is uni assist?

Uni-assist is the link between prospective student and university.there main function is to verify your academic qualification if its enough to get you admission in a german university.

7)Whats there charges?
You are to pay 65 euro,for the first application and another 15 euro per application if you are sending more.this is for non EU student.
Below are important details of uni assist
lease fill in the transfer form as follows:

Benificiary:uni-assist e.V.
Account number:523749001
Bank sort code:100 708 48
Name of the bank:Berliner Bank, Niederlassung der Deutschen Bank
International bankcode:DE10100708480523749001
BIC/SWIFT-CodeDEUTDEDB110

Phone number +49 30 666 44 345

Address c/o uni-assist e.V.
Helmholtzstrasse 2-9
D-10587 Berlin,germany.

Please note,not all school or program are under uni assist,so please check if your school or program is under uni assist.

9)After 2 weeks you will be inform if your document is forwarded to your school or its incomplete to get admission in a german school.which you will duly be inform by uni assist.

10)Does uni assist grant admission?

No,its your school that gives admission.

11)After admission by my school what next?

Book your visa appointment,atleast one month and a week in advance,to set up ur block account.

Take your admission letter to the embassy open your block accout.after the account is open transfer the sum of 8040 euro to your deutche bank account.

12)How will i transfer the money?

Walk into any commercial bank (i recommend gtb and fbn)open an euro dommiciliary account,convert all ur naira to euro(take the malam into the bank,dont take ur money to there office)make sure the euro has being paid into your account before giving them your naira.

13)After 2 to 3 days ur will recieve confirmation for payment from deutsch bank.

14)On the interview date,get to the embassy very early,even before ur appointment time.germans dont joke with appointment/time.no oga abeg sir oooh.please prepare very well.

15)What are the likely interview question?

What are you going to do in germany,your course,program structure,school location(state and city),why germany,countries that has boarder with germany,what do you know about germany,why that course,finance,informantion about your sponsor,ur plan after your studies etc.

After interview u will be told,your file will be sent to foriegners office.they will let u know the outcome soon.

It takes between 2-6 weeks for the visa depending on the location of the school.

Please this is just a guidline,if you are in doubt of any information kindly post for honourable members to help.

To all the veteran of the house,
Jejet,topeajis,godson,pfane360,liligem,franklysco,churchil,rihanaola,suxes,justwise,jagajaga,newacca,flange(africa) and those that i couldnt include there name respect for u guys.you are source of inspiration to me,particulalr during my waiting period for my visa.

One love my people.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by zopaks: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hi! I have recently completed a bachelor degree
In Agriculture Sciences with specialization in
Agronomy . Now I am interested in International
Master of Horticultural Science at the Technische
Universität , Weihenstephan Campus. München
or Agric Science in University of Hohenheim
Stuttgart , or International Horticulture in
Leibniz Universität Hannover .... kindly guide me in terms of Agriculture industries in Germany,ease of getting accommodation and University reputation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.