Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 (1065 Views)

I Have 250,000 Want To Invest Online / Tell Me About Your Neighbourhood, And I'll Give You A Free Biz Idea / Win 250,000 By Ingenuity And Hard Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by Sammy107d(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hi all, I'm running a quick survey for a project that could depend on your answers. If I assess your business plan and offer to give you N250,000 or more for 20-25% equity in your (risky) idea--effectively valuing it at 1-1.25m--and I mandate you to have me on your management, with significant say in how you manage your finances and business, can you confidently tell me you'll commit 100% of your time and generate at least 85,000 monthly profit (after paying yourself a small salary)? You will have to grow the business by 50% every year and you'll have the option to buy me out in 3 years at a premium. Also, would you agree to distribute my share of net income to me in cash bi-annually to enable me fund other projects? You'll be legally bound to all these, with very punitive consequences if you renege.

Note that you'll also have to commit about the same amount into an account that will be strictly regulated, and my 250k will only come as a 'round 2', otherwise, we'll be talking about more equity than 20% to compensate for the risk, and I'll be responsible for most of your procurement.
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by success9(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
Bros, if e easy, u for no dey look for investment portfolio. U wan enslave person because u get money?

1 Like

Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by Sammy107d(m): 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
success_07: Bros, if e easy, u for no dey look for investment portfolio. U wan enslave person because u get money?

I think my terms are quite generous compared with what you'll otherwise obtain elsewhere from more structures investors. If entrepreneurs think these terms are stringent, then I'm afraid 'funding' will remain an issue and they're not ready for business. This is the sort of insight I'm looking to get regarding the mindset of entrepreneurs. I've found that most budding entrepreneurs are too protective of their undeveloped idea, and are overly averse to anything equity or concession of some control. Unfortunately, investors are not stupid. Please keep it coming.
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by Negro1: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2013
R u just taking a survey or u wnt to invest? I tink if u r more specific,u'll get d answers u wnt
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by sp2002(m): 12:48am On Jul 08, 2013
please be specific because i have a business plan for poultry/fish farm which i am currently looking for investors. for more info contact:
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY,LAGOS
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
TJ.SP2002@gmail.com
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by AjanleKoko: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2013
A lot more Nigerian wanna-be entrepreneurs need to watch the show 'Dragons' Den' wink

1 Like

Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by Sammy107d(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2013
AjanleKoko: A lot more Nigerian wanna-be entrepreneurs need to watch the show 'Dragons' Den' wink

Often, I offer investment in basic, unarticulated ideas without even picking holes in them yet. Entrepreneurs get protective when I expect to co-manage and own equity. I'm thinking about structuring these small investments ($1000-$7500) in the near future. I'm using this forum to measure the degree of frustration I should expect.

Also, I see no compelling reason to throw 1m on a poultry (or any of those nysc-camp entrepreneur trainings) when I can walk down the road and find 10 sellers of chicken and eggs. I'm interested in seeing the business plan anyway. Maybe there's a differentiation strategy. Not just looking for a 50k/month idea. Looking for a 50k/month plan that could become 500k/month in the future while maintaining the same number of chickens and staff.

1 Like

Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:27am On Jul 08, 2013
^^
And of course u shld knw it's not possible to increase 50k/mnth to 500k/mnth with the same equipment(chickens) and staffs.

For more sales, u need new products, more produce or more varaibles of the same produce. And this will automatically require more staffs, new machines or more machines!

But i have this idea u might love, but it will require u investing a little more to see more sure sales and profit.

U can hit me on slidewaxie@gmail.com, and i will give u a brief.
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by since1914(m): 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
AjanleKoko: A lot more Nigerian wanna-be entrepreneurs need to watch the show 'Dragons' Den' wink

That for me remains the best program on TV. I hardly miss any episode these days...no matter how much you think you already know about business and investments, those five have a way of bringing in an angle you never thought of. Sincerely, I do recommend it for everybody interested in business.
Re: Survey: I'll Give You 250,000 by success9(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sammy107_d:

I think my terms are quite generous compared with what you'll otherwise obtain elsewhere from more structures investors. If entrepreneurs think these terms are stringent, then I'm afraid 'funding' will remain an issue and they're not ready for business. This is the sort of insight I'm looking to get regarding the mindset of entrepreneurs. I've found that most budding entrepreneurs are too protective of their undeveloped idea, and are overly averse to anything equity or concession of some control. Unfortunately, investors are not stupid. Please keep it coming.

its actually not stringent but not automatic. A new start up wil most likely not yield such return as 86k. Ar u prepared to give it time? Bein a part of mgt is ok by me. I av biz plans bt i av learnt dat man proposes...

(1) (Reply)

How To Print And Resell Fast Sellable Gsm Recharge Vouchers. / Make Money Buying UK Wholesale Branded Ladies Clothes And Shoes. CLEARANCE SALE. / DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.