Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones (35106 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2013
This tutorial will show you how to root your Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 android phones easily in few steps.
what you will be needing

Download poot from HERE to your phone
You show goto settings on the phone –>Application: check unknown source; tap preferred install location, select internal device storage; tap development and check USB debugging and Allow mock locations.
Internet access on the phone
Now you are ready for the main rooting

Steps to root your Tecno phone

Goto file explorer on your phone and locate the poot application you downloaded above, click on it to instal.
After installing open the installed poot application from your menu icon, i will request to download ministro services, download and install Ministro II library from Google play store.
Now go back to open the poot application again, it will ask to update QT libraries, do that and your computer should restart automatically, if it doesnt restart it yourself.
Now remove your memory card and boot the phone without a memory card.
Immediately the phone gets to home-screen quickly go and tab on the poot application and tab on press here to poot
After the above step your phone should shut down automatically (if it doesnt restart your phone and repeat from step 5).
After the phone goes off, it should come back, but if it does not you have to remove the battery and put it back, then start it.
Now again quickly tab on the poot aplication immediately your phone gets to the home- screen
If every thing goes well then you should see an option to download super user and root checker (if not try the steps again till you see this two options.
Now download and install the super user and root checker from the link on poot.
Open up root checker and click verify to check the status of your phone. you should see congratulation your phone has root access

If you get demon materialized while pooting

All you should do is restart and keep trying, sometimes you will get it done at first instance some times even up to 10 times before getting it done.

3 Likes

Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Rayscell: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
when updating qt i got invalid qt version
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by buzor(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
stuck in step 5 with ma tecno n3
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
works for me thanks
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Sammy2100: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
@ koresma26

Thanks, ure too much. i just rooted mine now using ur easy step by step guideline.

Congratulations!
This device has root access!

I actually had little issues so what i did is; before i removed my memory card, i had to move "POOT" to my device internal storage. Then restarted, and quickly opened POOT before my phone could finish loading... And just like that, it worked

Thanks once again
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by israel770(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
Thanks It worked, so can i delete poot and root checker
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by ayowhizi: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2013
Please, like how many megabytes will I need to completely root my n3 successfully. I mean in terms of what I will be downloading. Thanks
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2013
ayowhizi: Please, like how many megabytes will I need to completely root my n3 successfully. I mean in terms of what I will be downloading. Thanks
11Mb
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Deezay(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please help me wo! Av tried to root ma tecno p3 it won't after following the steps. After all downloads and installations, i opened the poot app and click "press here to poot", my phone goes off and doesn't come on. I removed the battery and inserted it back then switched it on, when it got to home screen I quickly opened the poot app then again clicked "press here to poot" but it says - "demon materialized" and nothing else happens. Av done this for over 30 times, still its the same thing. Please, need y'all help.

1 Like

Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
tanx i just root my phone when i was in the toilet,so easy,i thank you bro

1 Like

Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by messidee(f): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
pls help!!!! ma p3 keeps telling me "insufficient storage available" v tried rooting, its almost succesful until i want to download root checker and super user...then it gives me dat message again. I've also not been able 2 update ma whatsapp 4 same reason.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2013
pls how do I root my techno M3
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nascimento(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2013
I always get a partial root
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2013
So happy it worked. Thanks
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nmeri17: 1:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Pls im just about to buy this kinda phone. What do u mean when you say 'i just rooted my phone' whats the implication/essence ?
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Are you doing this to provoke pipu wen u know its not workin
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by omoalaafin: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
I tried to root but this what l get when I try to verify: 'Sorry! The device does not have proper root access'. What do I do, please.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by buka35(m): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2013
Please guys help me, i ve tried to root my n3 for more than 2wks now. Bt i always gt stocked once d phone goes off automatically nd wen i restart it nd press d poot option ie press here to post, it goes off again or it will write a demon materialise while pooting.. I have tried it uncountable times since past weeks. Please cn some one hlp me.. Please
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by iyiskel(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2013
i am on my way
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by sonofjos(m): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Download poot from HERE it iis showing me that the link does not exist. please is there an alternative download link?
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by sonofjos(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
You are the best
thanks. it worked.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Godwin10(m): 1:26am On Nov 07, 2013
Guys pls d ministro slow die. Qt libraries dey slow to dwnload, any solution.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 6:21am On Nov 07, 2013
@cc link invalid.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by yarcs(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2013
Will this process work on tecno D3
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by yungestmoney(m): 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
HOW TO PARTITON UR SD CARD

Host of the low end android devices comes
with a very low internal storage which after
few downloads of applications you start getting
low memory notification. The good news is you
can increase the internal memory.
First your android device has to be rooted, if
you have the Tecno P3 or N3 look here how
to root them easily .
There is absolutely no way you can increase
the size of your phone’s internal storage but
you can allocate some part of your memory
card for your phone to install applications to.
What you will need
Your android phone (must be rooted)
Memory card (2Gb and above only)
A memory card reader (dont use a
phone!)
A computer
Download and instal MiniTool from here
to your computer
Link2SD application (should be
downloaded on Google play store
Backup your memory card (copy all the
data on it to a folder on your computer)
Steps to increasing your android
internal memory
Step 1: Backing up your memory card:
before attempting this, make sure you
have backed up all the files and folders
on your memory card to your computer
by easily coping the whole memory card
and pasting into a folder on your
computer.
Step 2: Partitioning your memory card:
connect your memory card to your
computer using a memory card reader
(dont use a phone and USB cable) and
take note of the letter assigned to it by
your computer on my computer page
example (Fsmiley, (Dsmiley etc .
Open the installed MiniTool on your
computer.
Right click on your memory card letter
(example D:, Fwink and click delete.
Now you will see the memory card
showing unallocated space, right click on
it again and select create as.
Select primary
If your memory card size is less than
2GB, select file system FAT. If it’s more
than 2GB, select FAT32.
Now go down and reduce the size of
your memory card on partition size so
that there will be space on unallocated
space (that will be your added memory,
so you can choose any size you want)
Now, choose the unallocated space again
and select Create as -> Primary
Now, choose EXT2 file system. You can
let the whole space take over in this
step.
Now click ok and click apply on the top
menu.
Wait for it to finish and you have
successfully partitioned your memory
card.
copy your data backed up on your
computer back to the memory card and
insert it into your phone and boot it
Step 3: Configuring Link2SD:
Now open Link2SD which you have
downloaded from Google play store on
your phone
Link2SD will ask you to select the file
system of your second permission,
choose ext2.
Now click okay, the phone will ask to get
restarted, click oka so it will restart
itself.
A dialogue box will come up after the
restart click okay
Now their is a funnel-like icon on the
top part click it you will see different
options choose on internal (see picture
below)
Now tap the option key below, and
select multi-select, then press the select
all button. All of these apps will be
selected.
Now still on the option key choose
action then click create link
Select the three options (link application
file, link dalvic-cache file,link library
files) then click ok
Link2SD will then move all those apps
and games then create a link with them
from the second partition of your SD
card. Touch OK when done
Now you are done but to make sure this
happens every single time you install an
app you should goto settings from the
menu and click on auto link and then
select the three options again and
ok….thats done
You have now free of the low memory
issue with your phone.
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Deezay(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2013
I suffered to kw hw to root my tecno p3 after so many failed attempts. Lol, i used to be here to ask for help so much. Now understand how it all works.

Look guys, its just easy... Go to google and type like this -> appsapk: superuser. - Then in da search u'll see a paticular link - superuser at appsapk.com. Enter it and download. Forget abt other search results.

The thing is, if u have ur superuser installed on ur fone, THAT'S ALL! Your phone IS ROOTED. And to be sure of urslf, go to google and search for - appsapk.com: root checker basic. From that same site, u'll see root checker basic. Download it, install, then open the app and verify, it will show u ur fone has been rooted. BECAUSE, u already have superuser installed.

No need for any stupid "pooting". Goshhh, I almost damaged my tecno with that stuff. If u have any problems just holla me. ;-)
Re: How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones by Sike(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2013
Excuse me, how can i mark to send multiple music songs on my tecno P3 via bluetooth without using any explorer? I'm tired of sending one by one.
NOTE: NO EXPLORER. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? / Panic Over SIM Card Re-registration Deadline (photos) / How To Use Special Writing Style And Fonts On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.