Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. (37691 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
It baffles me that many religious people are so gullible that they believe anything they read without resorting to critical thinking and investigation.
The news making round that NASA discovered a tablet on Mars is being spread around by ignorant religious people on the social media. Unfortunately, the source of the story, dailycurrant.com, is only a satirical blog with a history of religious and politcal satires. Satire! Yeah.
Funny enough, their intention was to mock religion and Christianity. Even the tone of the article was revealing and it got me laughing out loud. What they are saying in essence is "if God exists, why is He hiding himself?". Classic atheist/agnostic argument.
The only thing u religious people had to do was a little research to know this is a hoax. I suppose with all these proofs, some Christians will still belive NASA discovered a proof of God on Mars. Oh well.

1 Like

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: It baffles me that many religious people are so gullible that they believe anything they read without resorting to critical thinking and investigation.
The news making round that NASA discovered a tablet on Mars is being spread around by ignorant religious people on the social media. Unfortunately, the source of the story, dailycurrant.com, is only a satirical blog with a history of religious and politcal satires. Satire! Yeah.
Funny enough, their intention was to mock religion and Christianity. Even the tone of the article was revealing and it got me laughing out loud. What they are saying in essence is "if God exists, why is He hiding himself?". Classic atheist/agnostic argument.
The only thing u religious people had to do was a little research to know this is a hoax. I suppose with all these proofs, some Christians will still belive NASA discovered a proof of God on Mars. Oh well.
Its better if you shut that your stincking mouth. If you dont believe in God, dont worry when you die you will understand.

3 Likes

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
double post
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
emmydeep: Its better if you shut that your stincking mouth. If you dont believe in God, dont worry when you die you will understand.
**sigh**
Just when I thought I was done replying buffoons.
Ur statement is faulty in so many ways because:
1. I believe in God. And that fact makes u look stu.pid.
2. U didnt still bother to do the research I asked u to do. That makes u a willful ignoramus.
3. The fact that u couldnt reply me with cogent counterpoints like any sane human would and instead resorted to beligerence and wishing death (which is sure to come on urself because with ur hands u have typed it and death lingers in ur subconscious) makes u the decorated chief of the league of morons that I have found myself pitched against today.

13 Likes

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^^
Dammmmmnnnnnnn!!!

Made my morning.

Bump....

2 Likes

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by fiscalcliff: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2013
Even if if were not a spoof from a satire site,I would find it absurd that a Christ who rebuked those looking for signs rather than believing the Law and the Prophets would sanction such signs
Even if such was real and broadcast on all the major news networks, iniquity would still abound in the hearts and lives of the sons of
men
Like the Bible says let everyone who calls on God depart from iniquity and He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is
filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.
That should be the foreword of anyone calling upon God not whether the media is anti Christian or that God left signs on Mars or
not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: It baffles me that many religious people are so gullible that they believe anything they read without resorting to critical thinking and investigation.

The reverse would be the baffling thing. You are talking about a set of psychos that believe in talking donkeys and zombies walking around and asking people to put their fingers in their holes! Compared to what these fools believe, the fake NASA story is actually more believable.

2 Likes

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

The reverse would be the baffling thing. You are talking about a set of psychos that believe in talking donkeys and zombies walking around and asking people to put their fingers in their holes! Compared to what these fools believe, the fake NASA story is actually more believable.

LMAO. I actually didnt get that part of ur comment about putting fingers in holes. Do enlighten me, please.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

LMAO. I actually didnt get that part of ur comment about putting fingers in holes. Do enlighten me, please.
Jesus and his wounds... grin
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Ranchhoddas: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:
**sigh**
Just when I thought I was done replying buffoons.
Ur statement is faulty in so many ways because:
1. I believe in God. And that fact makes u look stu.pid.
2. U didnt still bother to do the research I asked u to do. That makes u a willful ignoramus.
3. The fact that u couldnt reply me with cogent counterpoints like any sane human would and instead resorted to beligerence and wishing death (which is sure to come on urself because with ur hands u have typed it and death lingers in ur subconscious) makes u the decorated chief of the league of morons that I have found myself pitched against today.
all this things for one person...take it easy on the guy now...u want to kill am ni
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

John 20:26-27

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

1 Like

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
musKeeto:
Jesus and his wounds... grin

Ah. I see.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by manmustwac(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
I had to lock about half a dozen threads about the tablet on mars nonsense. Religious people can be so gullible and believe anything that sweetens their belief system
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Mudley313: 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
manmustwac: I had to lock about half a dozen threads about the tablet on mars nonsense. Religious people can be so gullible and believe anything that sweetens their belief system

abeg thank you jare cos the spamming of this hoax started to become really unnerving...imagine if we didn't have internet, videos, photography and all the other technology that were absent when the myths of the bible were concocted; that's how illogical fables get to be believed by the gullible as long as it supports their belief system...i remember a similar internet chain story of some mother and child buried alive in egypt and how jesus came to rescue them; funny thing is, you still will see this same story reposted years from now
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 10, 2013
manmustwac: I had to lock about half a dozen threads about the tablet on mars nonsense. Religious people can be so gullible and believe anything that sweetens their belief system

Sadly it just doesnt stop at being deluded. Some of those guys still would believe in d face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It wont be long now before some Christian nitwit starts claiming that atheist scientists are hiding the two tablets in some secret laboratory in Area 51 so that people wont know about God.
This is one of those times I am grateful for being neither atheist nor gay. Those are the two groups that get blamed for every natural disaster or unwanted condition on the face of the earth nowadays. grin
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by manmustwac(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2013
Mudley313:

abeg thank you jare cos the spamming of this hoax started to become really unnerving...imagine if we didn't have internet, videos, photography and all the other technology that were absent when the myths of the bible were concocted; that's how illogical fables get to be believed by the gullible as long as it supports their belief system...i remember a similar internet chain story of some mother and child buried alive in egypt and how jesus came to rescue them; funny thing is, you still will see this same story reposted years from now
lol. If we had the technology we had now back in the days the story about jesus would never had spread all oover the planet. And with the technology that we do have today they still prefer to believe without making good use of their reasoning faculties
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 10, 2013
Totally agree.

This hoax was annoying- the same obvious lie being repeated over and over again.....

The bible says it- "with faith, anything is possible". Belief in anything is possible as long as it justifies their beliefs
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by plaetton: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2013
Post a news story about the Super Hedron Collider and see how many of these m.ro.ons would show any interests.
Their brains are simply not hotwired for deal with reality.
They are hotwired for foolish fantasies.
That's why talking snakes, talking donkeys and h.o.rny holy spirits are the only items on their menu.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 10, 2013
If the hoax thread makes front page, please submit this for front page too.
I fear that this Sunday, JoAgbaje and his fellow pastors would insert this into their sermons...
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by wiegraf: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2013
musKeeto:
If the hoax thread makes front page, please submit this for front page too.
I fear that this Sunday, JoAgbaje and his fellow pastors would insert this into their sermons...

Can't we just let them do that, then laugh at them?

1 Like

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 10, 2013
wiegraf:

NO!

It will spread the hoax to already gullible minds. Never underestimate the destructive power of misinformation
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2013
wiegraf:

Heehe... See the responses we get from the sheeple who are at least acquainted with modern devices..
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

NO!

It will spread the hoax to already gullible minds. Never underestimate the destructive power of misinformation

I couldnt have said it any better. I believe in the existence of God. I want to believe more. But if I have to believe, it has to be based on concrete evidence and logic not some made up phantasmal narrative.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by wiegraf: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2013
musKeeto:
Heehe... See the responses we get from the sheeple who are at least acquainted with modern devices..

Some head-sheeple for expose themselves as well.....

And these same people would laugh at kids for believing in santa.. Actually, they even laugh at other more reasonable gods.. Calling those followers 'gullible'..

Logicboy03:

NO!

You're no fun....

Think about it, they genuinely believe this....

No, think about it, really, they actually BELIEVE this...

I know I should be inured by now, but think about it.... They BELIEVE this

They actually read that and think it reasonable......

What could you possibly accomplish by engaging them?

a certain arrogant mecken:

No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the record for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

Head sheeple will simply tell them something else next week.. They already believe in talking snakes and fires...

Consider, this is a population that features members who thought they could do this and get away with it. Members of your own species, your very own countrymen, actually thought that a reasonable stunt to pull ....

Again, others believe stone tablets with a message from god exist on mars..

Listen, we, Nigerians, we stooooopid... perhaps d only 'originahl' thing that is nigerian is the sheer scale and quality of our folly...

Can't face this much stoopid... I suggest just laughing at them..
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2013
^^^LOL. Dude I get ur point. But I still believe a few sane people can be salvaged from the flotsam of religious crazy out there.

Consider: The story of a talking donkey is at best a fable to some and a religious analogy to others, most sensible Christians take such stories with a pinch of salt. But this obviously false story about discovering stone tablets on Mars seem scientific even though it has satirical undertones. Most people are not subtle enough to discern satire. Now if we let the story keep spreading unabated while we sit back and enjoy a couple of laughs we would soon find ourselves in a situation where even the people who doubted tales of yapping donkeys would soon be caught in the net of stupidity and they will claim it is because they think they discovered a scientific fact.

Watch closely. It wont be long before people start revising the story trying to make it more credible and people who didnt know the cradle of the story would be non the wiser. An early rebuttal like this serves as an antidote.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by MrTroll(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
I'm surprised it hasn't gotten to facebook yet, center of crazy gullible nigerians. I'm watching you Wiegraf. You take pleasure in laughing at stoopid. Make una continue. I see u want to corrupt Muskeeto too. Sadist! angry
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
It was actually on facebook on the day I opened this thread. That was why I even created the thread. I spent the better part of that day on facebook debunking the story. I was very surprised to see Christians posting a link to The Daily Currant to propagate their beliefs. Next to The Onion, The Daily Currant is the craziest funny bullsit source I know.
So I guess debunking it helped to slow the epidemic a bit.
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by ozoemeka(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yeah I read it and started looking for it but no credible source had it, CNN etc all that came back as results were nigerian blogs..go figure

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by wiegraf: 3:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Mr Troll: I'm surprised it hasn't gotten to facebook yet, center of crazy gullible nigerians. I'm watching you Wiegraf. You take pleasure in laughing at stoopid. Make una continue. I see u want to corrupt Muskeeto too. Sadist! angry

What sort of troll disapproves of...... trolling?
True folly. You're a fine example of why I despair for 9jarians. You best be trolling..
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by MrTroll(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2013
wiegraf:

What sort of troll disapproves of...... trolling?
True folly. You're a fine example of why I despair for 9jarians. You best be trolling..
I'm a JEALOUS troll angry
Thou shalt have no other troll before me angry angry

And yo! You don't tell me how to do my job.last warning.

2 Likes

Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2013
Lmao, smh..
Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:24am On Jul 11, 2013
Mr Troll: I'm a JEALOUS troll angry
Thou shalt have no other troll before me angry angry

And yo! You don't tell me how to do my job.last warning.

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims 'Offended' By Tinukevibes_ Dance In Saudi Arabia (Video) / Pastor Anita Ebodaghe: "Soul Winning" (Talking About False Prophets) / Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.