Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi (733 Views)

Saraki, Dogara May Dump APC Before 2019 – Hon. Soba / PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi / PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by babawale24: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
The Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Budget and Research, Mr. Opeyemi Bamidele, says he may leave the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria in Ekiti State to contest against Governor Kayode Fayemi in the 2014 governorship poll in the

In a statement on Sunday, the lawmaker said he was ready to leave the party if that was the only way he could realise his ambition.

Bamidele added that he was not only determined to participate in the election but was confident to oust Fayemi from the Government House.

for more:http://elegantupdate..com/2013/07/bamidele-may-dump-acn-to-contest.html
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fine...let him test his popularity using the platform of another party..when you feel that you have now come of age and tell your benefactor to go to hell...you should be ready for the consequences..

1 Like

Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Fine...let him test his popularity using the platform of another party..when you feel that you have now come of age and tell your benefactor to go to hell...you should be ready for the consequences..
Read your post again

3 Likes

Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
M.O.B ALL THE WAY!
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
chidindufrank: Read your post again

Na order?
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

Na order?
Nobe order. You made it sound as if everyone should be under Tinubu's bondage forever in order to be relevant politically.

2 Likes

Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Enough is enough of Sole Administratorship in Ekiti State!

1 Like

Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
chidindufrank: Nobe order. You made it sound as if everyone should be under Tinubu's bondage forever in order to be relevant politically.

Not all...but in this case...Tinubu is his political mentor...I wouldn't comment like that if it's another person
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Thats also an option but if Bamidele is smart he would wait till 2018 when he would be top dog.

Let him burn the bridges now and see what awaits
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by taharqa2: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Fine...let him test his popularity using the platform of another party..when you feel that you have now come of age and tell your benefactor to go to hell...you should be ready for the consequences..
Blooody HYPOCRITE....
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
taharqa2: Blooody HYPOCRITE....

I've told you to stop quoting me with this fake handle...when you are ready, you will comment with your real B handle...

Coward!
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
dayokanu: Thats also an option but if Bamidele is smart he would wait till 2018 when he would be top dog.

Let him burn the bridges now and see what awaits

24 hours is a long time in politics, let alone five years. If he waits until 2018, chances are that he would have lost ground by then, and a new order might be in place. Nothing is guaranteed.

The only problem I see here is that I don't think PDP would give him the ticket. I don't know whether he is strong enough to win on the platform of parties like Labour Party. . . .he is no Iroko.
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
pro01:

24 hours is a long time in politics, let alone five years. If he waits until 2018, chances are that he would have lost ground by then, and a new order might be in place. Nothing is guaranteed.

The only problem I see here is that I don't think PDP would give him the ticket. I don't know whether he is strong enough to win on the platform of parties like Labour Party. . . .he is no Iroko.

The thing is ACN has an advantage in the SW already and I dont think he is big enough to fight an incumbent with the force of Tinubu behind him

He already worked with Tinubu and he knows the might of Jagaban

Moreover 2018 is not far in Nigerian politics.

Jimi Agbaje was a contestant in 2007 and 6yrs later he is still one of the most talked about contenders right now in lagos.

Buhari contested in 2003 and still the major challenger 12yrs later

If Bamidele has enough clout he should wait till 2018. There is no incumbent in nigeria who doesnt go for a second term
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by VoodooDoll(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Bye bye Bamidele.

Competition is a good thing but I don't think he stands a chance...

What are his credentials?
- an ex-Tinubu boy feeling too big for his shoes...
Re: Bamidele May Dump ACN To Contest Against Fayemi by yokiti: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
The case of Jimi Agbaje, Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Femi Pedro et. al. in 2007 comes to mind. Am an apostle of healthy competition to bring about greater development in the polity. Good luck to him!

(1) (Reply)

Press Statement: No To The Appointment Of Prof. Wale / Power Minister Says Nigerians Now Enjoy 16 Hours Of Electricity Supply / Apc Team Nigeria Is Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.