Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

Need Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Advise (449 Views)

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines / Need Advise On How To Start Palm Oil Processing Business / I Need Advise On How To Invest 10 Million Naira In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advise by TrustGod01: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hi Nairalanders.I need your advise on a business issue.I want to go into a business of buying furniture (eg sofas,bedroom suites etc) from outside to Nigeria.I need to know if this business idea will be lucrative.Does anyone know how much it will cost to clear a container in Apapa port? Your advise will be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Re: Need Advise by surveycash(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
You need to do your market survey well to see if people are willing to buy. You can place an advert in a furniture magazine to feel the market pulse. If they call you, tell them your shipment will soon arrive. Save the numbers and call them up once you are in stock.

You can clear 40ft HQ container around $2800 -3300. Just instruct the seller to mass-pack to conserve space.

1 Like

Re: Need Advise by TrustGod01: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2013
@
Re: Need Advise by TrustGod01: 9:23am On Jul 09, 2013
@Surveycash thanks for the advise, I'm not currently in Nigeria, I have been thinking of the kind of biz I can do,I have just decided to go into furniture since they have nice and beautiful furniture that can attract pple attention with good quality here. That's why am asking if it's a good biz to start with. I like the idea you said but I don't know any furniture magazines in Nigeria, what if I create a website that will show the product and share it on social media?
Re: Need Advise by surveycash(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Where are you presently? Where are you importing from? Have you considered importing from China?

How do you intend to manage the business from diaspora?

Using social media is good also. You can get someone here to place the advert on your behalf.

(1) (Reply)

Is Forex Really Sweet? / Why Not Your Own Boss? / Recharge Card Printing Buisness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.