Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Greater Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greater Port Harcourt (7760 Views)

Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. / Do you know anything about "Greater Port Harcourt City?" / The Tranformation Of Nigeria, Part II - Greater Port Harcourt City (Master Plan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
I know so many residents in Port Harcourt must be familiar with the above topic. These are some few pix i can lay my hands on.

1 Share

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Is this the new city that the Rivers gov't is building?
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is the M10 road that connects the new city with the old city. Is being handle by LCC, the road is on going, started last year march. Is a freeway with artery of six lanes. The road starts from the new stadium and will terminate at Ikwerre road near Rumuigbo. The first phase is 11km with 2 bridges and 1 interchange.

1 Share

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is the M10 road. Incase you are not convince with this pix. I will encourage you to come to GPH and see for yourself or visit http://www.gphcity.com/GPHmedia/gallery.php

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Is this the new city that the Rivers gov't is building?

Yes! Massive work going on. A trip to the construction is worth taking. There are power plants, Storm canals, water tank and other construction that is on going
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 3:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Tell your master to complete the tam david west road that links the airport with east west road.

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by bloggernaija: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2013
That is why I like amaechi despite the fact he is PDP.
The guy has imagination and a few of his men are actually very intelligent.you know ,he has that fashola's thing about him.
The common man in River state should be happy that he is fighting the powers that be.
What that means is that he won't be sharing your resources with Abuja and in Order to watch his back, he has no choice but to double up and perform.
If you doubt , check out delta state which is a subsidiary of obasanjo's farm and Edwin Clarke enterprises
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by stebell(m): 6:28am On Jul 09, 2013
bloggernaija: That is why I like amaechi despite the fact he is PDP.
The guy has imagination and a few of his men are actually very intelligent.you know that fashola thing about him.
The common in River state people should be happy that he is fighting the powers that be.
What that means is that he won't be sharing your resources with Abuja and in Order to watch his back, he has no choice but to double up and perform.
If you doubt , check out delta state which is a subsidiary of obasanjo's farm and Edwin Clarke enterprises
My guy forget Amaechi. This his greater Ph City he's building only on his ethnic land, I don't see hw it affects de common man. Other parts of de state has land mass but no it must be in Ikwerre land alone. Amaechi cannot fight powers dat be (GEJ) I guess dats who yu are referring. Reason being dat de entire region will be better off having a son as president rather than hv a vice president there. Many a peeps in de state are earnestly waiting for his tenure to finish. He wants to be lord and master of Rivers politics.

2 Likes

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 8:30am On Jul 09, 2013
otokx: Tell your master to complete the tam david west road that links the airport with east west road.

I will forward your complain as soon as possible.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2013
stebell: My guy forget Amaechi. This his greater Ph City he's building only on his ethnic land, I don't see hw it affects de common man. Other parts of de state has land mass but no it must be in Ikwerre land alone. Amaechi cannot fight powers dat be (GEJ) I guess dats who yu are referring. Reason being dat de entire region will be better off having a son as president rather than hv a vice president there. Many a peeps in de state are earnestly waiting for his tenure to finish. He wants to be lord and master of Rivers politics.

You amaze me, what concerns me with GEJ and their politics when was concerns me is the governance. That said, if you accuse CRA of building GPH at ikwerre settlement, i want you to also tell me where in PH that is not Ikwerre land? Mind you am an Ijaw extraction and i don't give a damn about the CRA vs GEJ bruhaha. Is just that must of us in south have forgotten governance and always interested in politics that will not affect the development of the state. Chipping a little into the PDP crisis in the state, i would have expected those elders that went to visit the President including Odili and the PDP state excos to remind the President the the state need refund of the PH-Owerri road dualization, Ikwerre Road, Old Aba Road, Ada George, Ogoni-Adoni-Opobo road, Obiri-Ikwerre interchange, Eleme interchange, Agip flyover and many more. They should have told him that Setraco are too slow with the east-west road that even by 2015, they won't get to Rumuokoro. They should have also told him that, the PH refinery he promise to upgrade that will employ people is now a myth. They should have complain with the lack of FG present in the state. Instead they stood so low even Odili to travel all the way from PH to Abuja just to tell GEJ that they are sorry about CRA disrespect.
I shame for my people.

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2013
otokx: Tell your master to complete the tam david west road that links the airport with east west road.

but what of the G.U Ake Road that link the airport from Air force bridge. He gave to RCC which has being completed with street light and walkways.
As for the the Prof. Tam Road, what is remaining is just the ashphalting, that won't take more than 4 months during the dry season. Is just there are other pressing need inside the town. Especially the Garrison-Trans-Amadi-East west road that passes through Woji-ykc wicked hold up and the Alcon bridge to Odili road plus other pressing roads that need more attentions.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Bensonite: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2013
kel4soft:

You amaze me, what concerns me with GEJ and their politics when was concerns me is the governance. That said, if you accuse CRA of building GPH at ikwerre settlement, i want you to also tell me where in PH that is not Ikwerre land? Mind you am an Ijaw extraction and i don't give a damn about the CRA vs GEJ bruhaha. Is just that must of us in south have forgotten governance and always interested in politics that will not affect the development of the state. Chipping a little into the PDP crisis in the state, i would have expected those elders that went to visit the President including Odili and the PDP state excos to remind the President the the state need refund of the PH-Owerri road dualization, Ikwerre Road, Old Aba Road, Ada George, Ogoni-Adoni-Opobo road, Obiri-Ikwerre interchange, Eleme interchange, Agip flyover and many more. They should have told him that Setraco are too slow with the east-west road that even by 2015, they won't get to Rumuokoro. They should have also told him that, the PH refinery he promise to upgrade that will employ people is now a myth. They should have complain with the lack of FG present in the state. Instead they stood so low even Odili to travel all the way from PH to Abuja just to tell GEJ that they are sorry about CRA disrespect.
I shame for my people.
You made some good points but correct the bolded. Also the unity road(ogoni-andoni-opobo road) has not progressed significantly in the past 3 years. GPH projects are going smoothly no doubt I pass through that route often even if I am a critic of CRA loud mouth, I have to be happy for the progress made.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
stebell: My guy forget Amaechi. This his greater Ph City he's building only on his ethnic land, I don't see hw it affects de common man. Other parts of de state has land mass but no it must be in Ikwerre land alone. Amaechi cannot fight powers dat be (GEJ) I guess dats who yu are referring. Reason being dat de entire region will be better off having a son as president rather than hv a vice president there. Many a peeps in de state are earnestly waiting for his tenure to finish. He wants to be lord and master of Rivers politics.
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin....very funny.other parts get land mass yet your fat madam for abuja say make amaechi no deomolish any building for okirika,say her people no get land.abi na lie i lie??
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Horus(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
This exactly what i call creek mentality, so you would rather have trophy president than development. Smh
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
kel4soft:

I shame for my people.

Seriously?
May God help you..
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
Obiagelli:
This exactly what i call creek mentality, so you would rather have trophy president than development. Smh

^^^Yeah.....kinda like the massive development the South East witnessed from 1970-2007 abi?

Bia Nne.....this is Nigeria, and all is never at it appears on the surface; with politics in Nigeria, the right way of doing things flies out the window and gives way to ethnocentric considerations, nepotism and tribal-inspired brinkmanship! You either play the game the way others around you are playing it.....or you can be Miss Goody-two-shoes and get played!

Shikena!
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
OP: So you know when they'll start building homes/offices in the new City? We've been hearing of the new Greater Port Harcourt City since 2008!
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by bloggernaija: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nice one from amaechi. This is what the righteous do.
They develop their homeland.
for generations to come , it will be knows as amaechi's city.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
I like this city!

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Yeah.....kinda like the massive development the South East witnessed from 1970-2007 abi?

Bia Nne.....this is Nigeria, and all is never at it appears on the surface; with politics in Nigeria, the right way of doing things flies out the window and gives way to ethnocentric considerations, nepotism and tribal-inspired brinkmanship! You either play the game the way others around you are playing it.....or you can be Miss Goody-two-shoes and get played!

Shikena!
And how has the north holding on to the Presidency benefited their region
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by IGBOSON1: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
Obiagelli:
And how has the north holding on to the Presidency benefited their region

^^^You still don't get it do you? These visionless people that had control of the centre had a to-do-list that included: controlling the appropriation of the nations oyel wealth; pocketing a large proportion of said oyel wealth (by both legal and underhand means); attracting federal institutions and industries to their region (like army installations, nation building institutions, and industries like- refineries, motor assembly plants, steel industries, dams, international airports, etc); placing their kith and kin (qualified or not) in key federal institutions, the civil service, and 'juicy' political appointments; cornering the most lucrative federal contracts (like in defence and construction); attracting more funds/attention to the development of their premier university ABU while those of other regions struggled to get by (compare the developments in physical infrastructure between ABU and UNN from 1970 to 2007 and you'd begin to understand); controlling the army; and (whether by omission or commission) denying Ndigbo an equal stake in the nations wealth distribution!

This my dear is just a tip off the iceberg......the one out in the open that we know of! So -with the federation as presently configured- it pays to have someone in control of the centre with a sense of equity and justice, and who places Ndigbo on the same level with other regions/ethnicities!

This is Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You still don't get it do you? These visionless people that had control of the centre had a to-do-list that included: controlling the appropriation of the nations oyel wealth; pocketing a large proportion of said oyel wealth (by both legal and underhand means); attracting federal institutions and industries to their region (like army installations, nation building institutions, and industries like- refineries, motor assembly plants, steel industries, dams, international airports, etc); placing their kith and kin (qualified or not) in key federal institutions, the civil service, and 'juicy' political appointments; cornering the most lucrative federal contracts (like in defence and construction); attracting more funds/attention to the development of their premier university ABU while those of other regions struggled to get by (compare the developments in physical infrastructure between ABU and UNN from 1970 to 2007 and you'd begin to understand); controlling the army; and (whether by omission or commission) denying Ndigbo an equal stake in the nations wealth distribution!

This my dear is just a tip off the iceberg......the one out in the open that we know of! So -with the federation as presently configured- it pays to have someone in control of the centre with a sense of equity and justice, and who places Ndigbo on the same level with other regions/ethnicities!

This is Nigeria!
Now i get you but the benefits of a perfoming governor far out weight a Presidential post. Take the bayelsa for instance or ogun under obasanjo. Those who have tasted it knows their isnt much to it.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Horus(m): 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1dfdtQ6M5o

The Greater Port Harcourt Development
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Progress so far...

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2014

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
more...

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2014

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
Another world class city in d making
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
I've come to the bitter conclusion that Nigerians like this disgusting white and black stripes on pavements.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by HopeAtHand: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Greater Port harcourt phase 1 is taking too long to deliver..

Amaechis govt had great ideas(Monorail, Ring road with steel bridge, greater PH etc) but unneccesary distractions he caused himself has ensured the collapse of Ring road project, the snail-speed delivery of the monorail and the inability to complete GPH phase one on time..

God knows when his tenure expires what will become of such dreams.

(1) (2) (Reply)

.... / Yes, There Was A Country - But It's Dead And Gone! / Benue Farmers Sue Fulani Herdsmen For N100bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.