Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account (15677 Views)

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by PointB: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam: I hope this account put to rest the lies of ishebe and his propaganda children. the people with malnutrition symptoms are not igbos but efik, ibibio etc. end of discussion.

The third marine (which he was part of) never operated in the Igbo area according to him. So how could he know if they had kwashiokor or not? Was he everywhere, all the time? Best he restricts himself to what he is sure of.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Dibiachukwu: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ow. Even Oyibo was a military officer for Nigeria then lipsrsealed Adekunle was partly raised by Igbo person. Yet he saw it fit to commit genocide against igbo women and children. Ojukwu freed Awolowo from prison. Yet he felt he had to starve igbos kids (his supposed enemy). Biafra defended every inch of port harcourt. At the same time Isaac boro was busy trying to capture the same port harcourt and claimed we were the aggressors. And was rewarded bountifully with abandoned property. Reaping where he/she did not sow. You see, our problem is that we didn't choose our friends wisely. It is really very easy to deduce the bad people from this scenario. Ozoemena .Kele Chineke.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tomakint: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
*556#:
Here comes the legendary Benjamin Adekunle for those doubting his capabilities.
Legend? Is it the Legend Extra Stout or Legend of the Seeker? Someone that organized a 'mop up team' within his own unit? Someone who was using brilliant strategies from his officers like this brilliant Brigadier as if they were his? A 'legend' frustrated out of the Army he fought for? To worsen the situation, he was credited for shooting at defenseless Biafrans like a maniac and now in a 'vegetative state' while the Nigerian Army he fought for could only raise paltry sums not fit enough to feed him let alone foot his medical bills! Indeed, Benjamin Adekunle is a Legend Extra Stout undecided

2 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by dexentity: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
i felt sooo emotional after reading this piece, alot of people really sweated, shed tears and blood for this country. I pray their sacrifices will not be in vain. Good pple dat sacrifice 4 wat they bliv in dnt always get d best out of lyf, especially in this country.
I cant jst bliv dat dis is d naija dat ppl died in their millions 4, wat we av on ground now was not rilli worth d blood shed on both side. Althought i hope it wil someday, let not d labour of our heroes past b in vain. #lets.agitate.4.d.change.dat.we.deserve.as.citizen.of.dis.blessed.country. Peace
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 6:37am On Jul 10, 2013
dexentity:
#lets.agitate.4.d.change.dat.we.deserve.as.citizen.of.dis.blessed.country. Peace
You seem to really have great faith in the contraption called Nigeria. I used to, but not any more.
If Nigeria must be great and really united, we must address history and have an open and sincere national conference. Any other thing is fooling ourselves.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by na2day(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2013
The morals of all these stories!
None of those whose prosecuted the war from both sides are innocent.
None of them are saints.
And all of them have blood on their hands!
So, I wonder why we keep worshipping these men as gods?

Please, what is the title of this book and is it out already?
I need a copy
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Dibiachukwu: Ow. Even Oyibo was a military officer for Nigeria then lipsrsealed Adekunle was partly raised by Igbo person. Yet he saw it fit to commit genocide against igbo women and children. Ojukwu freed Awolowo from prison. Yet he felt he had to starve igbos kids (his supposed enemy). Biafra defended every inch of port harcourt. At the same time Isaac boro was busy trying to capture the same port harcourt and claimed we were the aggressors. And was rewarded bountifully with abandoned property. Reaping where he/she did not sow. You see, our problem is that we didn't choose our friends wisely. It is really very easy to deduce the bad people from this scenario. Ozoemena .Kele Chineke.

ojukwu freed Awolowo? I guess in your warped biafran mind. Let me quote from Adewale Ademoyega's book "Why we Struck" Page 176-177

"Now let us do an appreciation of the situation-not in the military sense but in the political sense. First, on the Federal side. Gowon had been hurled into the saddle of power by forces that were greater than himself. He did not claim to have control over those forces. He was a soldier but neither soldier-statesman nor a political statesman. He was simply an instrument of fate and time. Once in the saddle, he did not pretend to be wiser than his colleagues. He did not pretend to have answers to the problems of the nation. He simply allowed events to shape themselves into his hands. However, he was faithful to his Northern masters and was prepared to play "the puppet". At the same time he was conscious that other Nigerians had a part to play in the scheme of things and allowed them to have a say. This attitude was exemplified by his immediate release of Chief Awolowo and his notable followers from prison; and by his release also of such political detainees as Dr. Michael Okpara and his colleagues of the East. He continued manifesting this attitude all the time. By so doing, he greatly contrasted himself with Ironsi and ojukwu and made himself more acceptable to the remainder of Nigeria.

Ojukwu on the other hand pretended to be a soldier-statesman. He arrogated all power, will, decision and direction to himself. If Nigeria could not be united in the way he wanted it, It should break up; he (ojukwu) would have it no other way. Other Nigerians meant little or nothing to him - he could do without them - as soon as he got all he wanted from them. Because ojukwu had decided to cut himself away from Nigeria, his public relationship with the rest of Nigeria got worse. At the same time, he seemed to ignored the fact that the Eastern Region did not consist solely of the ibo people. If the ibos were prepared to go the whole hog with him, how about the non-ibos- the Ibibio, Efik, Anang, Ogoja and Ijaw?

Sorry I had to derail this thread but I had to put the records straight. [b]
Dibiachukwu: Ow. Even Oyibo was a military officer for Nigeria then lipsrsealed Adekunle was partly raised by Igbo person. Yet he saw it fit to commit genocide against igbo women and children. Ojukwu freed Awolowo from prison. Yet he felt he had to starve igbos kids (his supposed enemy). Biafra defended every inch of port harcourt. At the same time Isaac boro was busy trying to capture the same port harcourt and claimed we were the aggressors. And was rewarded bountifully with abandoned property. Reaping where he/she did not sow. You see, our problem is that we didn't choose our friends wisely. It is really very easy to deduce the bad people from this scenario. Ozoemena .Kele Chineke.

ojukwu freed Awolowo? I guess in your warped biafran mind. Let me quote from Adewale Ademoyega's book "Why we Struck" Page 176-177

"Now let us do an appreciation of the situation-not in the military sense but in the political sense. First, on the Federal side. Gowon had been hurled into the saddle of power by forces that were greater than himself. He did not claim to have control over those forces. He was a soldier but neither soldier-statesman nor a political statesman. He was simply an instrument of fate and time. Once in the saddle, he did not pretend to be wiser than his colleagues. He did not pretend to have answers to the problems of the nation. He simply allowed events to shape themselves into his hands. However, he was faithful to his Northern masters and was prepared to play "the puppet". At the same time he was conscious that other Nigerians had a part to play in the scheme of things and allowed them to have a say. This attitude was exemplified by his immediate release of Chief Awolowo and his notable followers from prison; and by his release also of such political detainees as Dr. Michael Okpara and his colleagues of the East. He continued manifesting this attitude all the time. By so doing, he greatly contrasted himself with Ironsi and ojukwu and made himself more acceptable to the remainder of Nigeria.

Ojukwu on the other hand pretended to be a soldier-statesman. He arrogated all power, will, decision and direction to himself. If Nigeria could not be united in the way he wanted it, It should break up; he (ojukwu) would have it no other way. Other Nigerians meant little or nothing to him - he could do without them - as soon as he got all he wanted from them. Because ojukwu had decided to cut himself away from Nigeria, his public relationship with the rest of Nigeria got worse. At the same time, he seemed to ignored the fact that the Eastern Region did not consist solely of the ibo people. If the ibos were prepared to go the whole hog with him, how about the non-ibos- the Ibibio, Efik, Anang, Ogoja and Ijaw?

Sorry I had to derail this thread but I had to put the records straight. [/b]

Sorry I had to derail this thread but I had to put the records straight.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2013
tomakint: Legend?Isit the Legend Extra Stout or Legend of the Seeker? Someone that organized a 'mop up team' within his own unit? Someone who was using brilliant strategies from his officers like this brilliant Brigadier asif they were his? A 'legend' frustrated out of the Army he fought for? To worsen the situation, he was credited for shooting at defenseless Biafrans like a maniac and nowin a 'vegetative state' while the Nigerian Army he fought for could only raise paltry sums not fit enough to feed him let alone foot his medical bills!Indeed, Benjamin Adekunleis a Legend Extra Stout undecided

Where were you when Ifeajuna shot the defenceless Tafawa Balewa? Where were you when
tomakint: Legend?Isit the Legend Extra Stout or Legend of the Seeker? Someone that organized a 'mop up team' within his own unit? Someone who was using brilliant strategies from his officers like this brilliant Brigadier asif they were his? A 'legend' frustrated out of the Army he fought for? To worsen the situation, he was credited for shooting at defenseless Biafrans like a maniac and nowin a 'vegetative state' while the Nigerian Army he fought for could only raise paltry sums not fit enough to feed him let alone foot his medical bills!Indeed, Benjamin Adekunleis a Legend Extra Stout undecided

Where were you when Ifeajuna shot the defenceless Tafawa Balewa? Where were you when

Where were you when Ifeajuna shot the defenceless Tafawa Balewa when he knew the coup had failed? Where were you when Ifeajuna shot Largema when he was barely awake? Where were you when they shot the defenceless pregnant wife of Ademulegun?

I have seen pictures of Benjamin Adekunle in battle but I have never seen pictures of the man that was described by his in-law as cantankerous coward in battle. What an adjective to describe your in-law

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2013
we can point all the accusing fingers at different tribes and players of the past, but let us not miss the point of this thread.
It is not about trading blames, it is about searching ourselves and asking ourselves that difficult question "is it still possible to turn around this big ship called Nigeria, which seems to be going round in circles without thinking of going ashore".
This thread and some others about the civil war, is a pointer as to what went wrong, how can it be corrected.
The major beneficiaries of oil wealth after the civil are not really the people that fought the war with their heart and for the unity of Nigeria. Are we ready to sit and talk or do we still want to fight for the parasitic elites in Nigeria?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by hakanai(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Finally from the history notes one can say the Yorubas are not cowards after all(as the Igbos particulary want people to believe) and dealt with the Biafrans in combat where need be.Counting several victories and brave expeditions. Again it is only a fool that will see the quiet nature of some people as a general weakness to its own. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
From the great man account, it is also evident yet again that Biafrans committed atrocities,invaded the midwest and lied about it via Biafra PR/spokesman Achebe. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Again and Again history has shown that war is not an answer.That peace remains ultimate. Obj the player always never seize to amaze.I think he had thought about PDP since and was in PDP even during the war. grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
haka_nai: Finally from the history notes one can say the Yorubas are not cowards after all(as the Igbos particulary want people to believe) and dealt with the Biafrans in combat where need be.Counting several victories and brave expeditions. Again it is only a fool that will see the quiet nature of some people as a general weakness to its own. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
From the great man account, it is also evident yet again that Biafrans committed atrocities,invaded the midwest and lied about it via Biafra PR/spokesman Achebe. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Again and Again history has shown that war is not an answer.That peace remains ultimate. Obj the player always never seize to amaze.I think he had thought about PDP since and was in PDP even during the war. grin grin grin grin
Again, you miss the point. How many of the brave Yoruba soldiers, including this Brigadier-General Alabi, really gained from the spoil of the war? I believe these Brave Yoruba soldiers fought with their hearts and for the True Unity of Nigeria, but they were left to hang and dry after the war.
People like Danjuma, IBB, Abacha and other Hausa-Fulani people gained the spoils of the war. Oil Wells and Power.
Even Isaac Adaka Boro, who thought he was fighting the Igbo oppressors died in questionable circumstance.
Again, are we willing to still fight on behalf of the ELITES, or we should all think and come to a National Conference and decide how we are to be governed and how we are to make the best of this contraption Called Nigeria?
Tribalism is a weak arguement to continue the way we are.

3 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by na2day(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
haka_nai: Finally from the history notes one can say the Yorubas are not cowards after all(as the Igbos particulary want people to believe) and dealt with the Biafrans in combat where need be.Counting several victories and brave expeditions. Again it is only a fool that will see the quiet nature of some people as a general weakness to its own. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lol @ OBJ wartime PDP traits
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
eagle,eye:

Again, you miss the point. How many of the brave Yoruba soldiers, including this Brigadier-General Alabi, really gained from the spoil of the war? I believe these Brave Yoruba soldiers fought with their hearts and for the True Unity of Nigeria, but they were left to hang and dry after the war.
People like Danjuma, IBB, Abacha and other Hausa-Fulani people gained the spoils of the war. Oil Wells and Power.
Even Isaac Adaka Boro, who thought he was fighting the Igbo oppressors died in questionable circumstance.
Again, are we willing to still fight on behalf of the ELITES, or we should all think and come to a National Conference and decide how we are to be governed and how we are to make the best of this contraption Called Nigeria?
Tribalism is a weak arguement to continue the way we are.

My brother I totally agree with you but as long as I am alive, I would not allow anybody insult or taunt my tribe by calling us cowards because we refused or did not share some person's inordinate ambition. Obviously the Hausa-Fulani leaders gained from Nigeria but the ibo land which was ravaged during the civil war is far ahead of Northern Nigeria. Tribalism is our main problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Igbo.owore:

My brother I totally agree with you but as long as I am alive, I would not allow anybody insult or taunt my tribe by calling us cowards because we refused or did not share some person's inordinate ambition. Obviously the Hausa-Fulani leaders gained from Nigeria but the ibo land which was ravaged during the civil war is far ahead of Northern Nigeria. Tribalism is our main problem in this country
That is my point. our leaders (I would rather call them elites) have continued the tradition of Divide and Rule.
Nigerians are very emotional about their Tribe, but if we look very well all tribes have The Greedy Elites in them. These elites are the same all over Nigeria, the DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE MASSES.
Be it the Igbo Elites, Yoruba Elites or Hausa-Fulani Elites.
Your fellow common man from another tribe will help you without asking for anything in return, before an elite from your kindred will render a helping hand.
But we the masses will keep fighting one another over TRIBE & RELIGION because one-so-called Leader have used the emotional plea of tribe & religion to appeal to our sentimental hearts.
We need to start identifying our real enemies, and start call for a true national dialogue. (National Conference).

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by IGBOSON1: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Igbo.owore: do yourself a favour and shut the fuc/k up!

Ojukwu -that you obviously don't like agreed to the Aburi accord which the Nigerian side at the time signed without anyone holding a gun to their heads, yet you say he took a stand of 'my way or the highway'!.....and you go on to paint Awo as a saint? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but don't make it seem like God sent Saint Awo down from heaven to fix things, and all the wrongs, mistakes and bad people were from those 'annoying Igbos'!

PS- what's up with your choice of moniker 'Igbo'?......how did you come about choosing it?

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:
@Igbo.owore: do yourself a favour and shut the fuc/k up! Ojukwu -that you obviously don't like agreed to the Aburi accord which the Nigerian side at the time signed without anyone holding a gun to their heads, yet you say he took a stand of 'my way or the highway'!.....and you go on to paint Awo as a saint? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but don't make it seem like God sent Saint Awo down from heaven to fix things, and all the wrongs, mistakes and bad people were from those 'annoying Igbos'! PS- what's up with your choice of moniker 'Igbo'?......how did you come about choosing it?

@ My dear Igbo-son, foul language is not the exclusive preserve of your tribe and you go to hell for all I care

If I could remember I never mentioned anybody's name and come to think of it, if am to make allusions from what you wrote, you know ojukwu had an inordinate ambition. I am sure you understand freedom of choice is one of my fundamental human rights. You and I know the reason why ojukwu put the GOC of the biafran army (Hilary Njoku) in jail was because he said ojukwu got 90% of what he asked for. What do you call a man who goes to a negotiation table and gets 90% of his demands but is still holding out for 100%? A greedy and wicked man and we don't like such a person. Even chinua achebe said in his book that Gowon obviously didn't understand the content of what he was signing.

I never said Awolowo was a saint and the only reference I made to him was that, It was Gowon not ojukwu that released him from jail. It is the responsibility of the ibos to fix their own problems and not expect the Yorubas to that for them after all during the January 1966 coup they killed our people too. I don't understand what you mean by "annoying igbos". There are good igbos and there are bad Yorubas too. If I have any problem with the average ibo man, he thinks he is the only one God gave a brain.

If I may ask, what's your bl.eeping problem with my handle?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
please guys, we should try as much as possible to reduce this "my tribe is better than your attitude", believe it's not going to lead the present generation of youths anywhere.
Have you ever thought of why, "my tribe is better than yours" card is not played by any of our politicians unless they have commited an offence. But when it comes to sharing our common patrimony (AKA the national cake) it is never raised.
Come 2015 some of the elites will start shouting
"IT IS THE IGBO MAN'S TURN"
"THE NORTH OR NOTHING"
"NIGER DELTA DESERVE TO COMPLETE THEIR TENURE"
"IF OUR MAN CANNOT BE THE PRESIDENT, THEN OUR OIL SHOULDN'T BE SHARED BY ALL"
And so on and so forth.
After 2015, the same circle of corrupt persons who have held these nation in bondage will continue.
The same old cargoes will be chairman and minister of these and that.. Their children will have the most lavish and ostentatious parties in Nigeria and elsewhere.....
Yet we will come to NL, abusing one another with "MY TRIBE IS BETTER THAN YOURS".
it is time to think.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by IGBOSON1: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Igbo.owore:

@ My dear Igbo-son, foul language is not the exclusive preserve of your tribe and you go to hell for all I care

If I could remember I never mentioned anybody's name and come to think of it, if am to make allusions from what you wrote, you know ojukwu had an inordinate ambition. I am sure you understand freedom of choice is one of my fundamental human rights. You and I know the reason why ojukwu put the GOC of the biafran army (Hilary Njoku) in jail was because he said ojukwu got 90% of what he asked for. What do you call a man who goes to a negotiation table and gets 90% of his demands but is still holding out for 100%? A greedy and wicked man and we don't like such a person. Even chinua achebe said in his book that Gowon obviously didn't understand the content of what he was signing.

I never said Awolowo was a saint and the only reference I made to him was that, It was Gowon not ojukwu that released him from jail. It is the responsibility of the ibos to fix their own problems and not expect the Yorubas to that for them after all during the January 1966 coup they killed our people too. I don't understand what you mean by "annoying igbos". There are good igbos and there are bad Yorubas too. If I have any problem with the average ibo man, he thinks he is the only one God gave a brain.

If I may ask, what's your bl.eeping problem with my handle?

^^^Dude, your so-called allusions as to what i think of Ikemba couldn't be further from the truth! I've always maintained that Ikemba wasn't a perfect human being -like we all- and with the benefit of hindsight, we can always pick holes in his war strategy and point out how things could be have been done differently. It's only revisionists like you that would observe the goings on from the first coup up to the civil war, and say Ojukwus ambition was a major contributory factor to what happened......just to absolve Awo of complicity.

Douchebags like yourself never see anything wrong with your god Awo. I'm not saying he should have fought our battles for us, but if the devious little man had stood for the truth and not let his dislike for Igbos becloud his better judgment, Nigeria could have been a different country today.

You talk of Ojukwu going to Aburi, signing an accord with the Nigerian side, and then on return to Nigeria, and after Gowon was spoken to by the real owners of Nigeria, he (Ojukwu) was offered 90% of what was agreed to in good faith on a neutral ground.....i can see how you wouldn't have a problem with that!

Listen to yourself: "It is the responsibility of the ibos to fix their own problems and not expect the Yorubas to that for them after all during the January 1966 coup they killed our people too". Invariably you're alluding to the fact you agree that the whole Igbo race deserved no empathy from any Yoruba during the civil war b'cos some Igbos killed some of your people! You see how wicked and vindictive you sound?

I haven't got a problem with your handle, just wanted to know why you picked it; if you weren't so bigoted you'd have noticed that it says a lot about your sentiments towards Igbos......just like wearing a t-shirt saying 'i can't stand the Igbos'! So i ask again, why did you pick 'Igbo' as your nairaland moniker?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by vanunu: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
This war criminal should stop reminding us about the heinous crime they committed against millions of innocent Igbo people of eastern Nigeria. God must surely judge you shameless murderers.

Just because some army officers of Igbo, Yoruba, Mid-west and northern Nigeria killed some politicians, You people wiped out almost all Igbo officers in northern Nigeria as if that is not enough, you people went ahead and killed more than a hundred thousand Igbos staying in northern Nigeria at that time. Not satisfied by your devilish act, you people went ahead and attacked the Igbos in their home, starting from Oboloafor in the present Enugu state and your actions resulted in the death of over 3million Igbos mainly women and children God must surely Judge you people. Animal.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Sloan: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Dude, your so-called allusions as to what i think of Ikemba couldn't be further from the truth! I've always maintained that Ikemba wasn't a perfect human being -like we all- and with the benefit of hindsight, we can always pick holes in his war strategy and point out how things could be have been done differently. It's only revisionists like you that would observe the goings on from the first coup up to the civil war, and say Ojukwus ambition was a major contributory factor to what happened......just to absolve Awo of complicity.

Douchebags like yourself never see anything wrong with your god Awo. I'm not saying he should have fought our battles for us, but if the devious little man had stood for the truth and not let his dislike for Igbos becloud his better judgment, Nigeria could have been a different country today.

You talk of Ojukwu going to Aburi, signing an accord with the Nigerian side, and then on return to Nigeria, and after Gowon was spoken to by the real owners of Nigeria, he (Ojukwu) was offered 90% of what was agreed to in good faith on a neutral ground.....i can see how you wouldn't have a problem with that!

Listen to yourself: "It is the responsibility of the ibos to fix their own problems and not expect the Yorubas to that for them after all during the January 1966 coup they killed our people too". Invariably you're alluding to the fact you agree that the whole Igbo race deserved no empathy from any Yoruba during the civil war b'cos some Igbos killed some of your people! You see how wicked and vindictive you sound?

I haven't got a problem with your handle, just wanted to know why you picked it; if you weren't so bigoted you'd have noticed that it says a lot about your sentiments towards Igbos......just like wearing a t-shirt saying 'i can't stand the Igbos'! So i ask again, why did you pick 'Igbo' as your nairaland moniker?

What is this one saying? Nonsense and ingredients! angry angry angry
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Sloan: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
vanunu: This war criminal should stop reminding us about the heinous crime they committed against millions of innocent Igbo people of eastern Nigeria. God must surely judge you shameless murderers.

Just because some army officers of Igbo, Yoruba, Mid-west and northern Nigeria killed some politicians, You people wiped out almost all Igbo officers in northern Nigeria as if that is not enough, you people went ahead and killed more than a hundred thousand Igbos staying in northern Nigeria at that time. Not satisfied by your devilish act, you people went ahead and attacked the Igbos in their home, starting from Oboloafor in the present Enugu state and your actions resulted in the death of over 3million Igbos mainly women and children God must surely Judge you people. Animal.

So ibos were just sleeping harmlessly in their houses when calamity overtook them? Tell me another cock and bull story! angry angry angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Alabi has contributed his own to the would never be complete story !!!
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
listen to alabi ismah live on classic fm live tomorrow on classic f.m 97.3 Lagos 2 pm Nigeria time. for those outside Lagos and Nigeria you can listen live on classic97.net.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by vicenzo(m): 2:11am On Jul 14, 2013
Igbo.owore:

Where were you when Ifeajuna shot the defenceless Tafawa Balewa when he knew the coup had failed? Where were you when Ifeajuna shot Largema when he was barely awake? Where were you when they shot the defenceless pregnant wife of Ademulegun?

I have seen pictures of Benjamin Adekunle in battle but I have never seen pictures of the man that was described by his in-law as cantankerous coward in battle. What an adjective to describe your in-law

There was never a time that the fact that biafra was a collective wish of all eastern tribes,and not just the igbo was in doubt. At a point when the nigerian and british propaganda machine were telling the world that the igbos were dragging the rest of biafran people along, ojukwu demanded that a plebicite be conducted by the international observers in the minority areas of biafra, the british,having gathered an intelligence report that informed them that a 2/3 of the biafran minorities would vote for biafra,advised gowon to turn down Ojukwu's offer, as they knew that allowing the plebicite to hold would have been resulted in acknolwedging the sovereignty of biafra,as a plebicite would have shown that secession was a collective wish of biafran people.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by vicenzo(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2013
An agreement is an end product of negotiation, in negotiation table,both groups make sacrifices to reach an end point which is an agreement. On that note, an agreement can either be kept or broken, there is nothing like keeping a percentage of an agreement. Aburi accord was not kept,it is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by vicenzo(m): 2:34am On Jul 14, 2013
vanunu: This war criminal should stop reminding us about the heinous crime they committed against millions of innocent Igbo people of eastern Nigeria. God must surely judge you shameless murderers.

Imagine the kind of people some one would expect igbos to share the same country with. Chukwu aju! Any igboman that believes in Nigeria,needs his brain psychoanalysed. Thank u bro.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by vicenzo(m): 2:48am On Jul 14, 2013
Finally, this alabi of a man is true to his kind. I couldn't find a single iota of truth in his trash of article. See how the man tried so much to paint his fellow tribesmen(Obj and Adekunle) with black, while painting himself as holy rambo, haha! The same liar that told us how he overpowered in a true rambo style, some group of biafran soldiers who came to kill him.

The old morally depraved man was even boasting about his promiscuity and inability to keep his marriage vows, what kind of lesson was he hoping to teach his sons with that kind of story,huh? I guess it's all part of his rambo fantasy.

We have a typical case of pseudologia fantastica here,believe alabi story and you can as well believe that rats can fly. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by docjuli(m): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2013
tsalam: listen to alabi ismah live on classic fm live tomorrow on classic f.m 97.3 Lagos 2 pm Nigeria time. for those outside Lagos and Nigeria you can listen live on classic97.net.

I listened. A lot of revelation there.

I laughed when he said a bullet hit Obj on the nyansh while he was trying to run away. and that GSM was the brainchild of Abacha not Obj as widely acclaimed.

I am waiting for Obj's response; may be Obj will say "I JUST DEY LAFF".
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:
^^^Dude, your so-called allusions as to what i think of Ikemba couldn't be further from the truth! I've always maintained that Ikemba wasn't a perfect human being -like we all- and with the benefit of hindsight, we can always pick holes in his war strategy and point out how things could be have been done differently. It's only revisionists like you that would observe the goings on from the first coup up to the civil war, and say Ojukwus ambition was a major contributory factor to what happened......just to absolve Awo of complicity. Douchebags like yourself never see anything wrong with your god Awo. I'm not saying he should have fought our battles for us, but if the devious little man had stood for the truth and not let his dislike for Igbos becloud his better judgment, Nigeria could have been a different country today. You talk of Ojukwu going to Aburi, signing an accord with the Nigerian side, and then on return to Nigeria, and after Gowon was spoken to by the real owners of Nigeria, he (Ojukwu) was offered 90% of what was agreed to in good faith on a neutral ground.....i can see how you wouldn't have a problem with that! Listen to yourself: "It is the responsibility of the ibos to fix their own problems and not expect the Yorubas to that for them after all during the January 1966 coup they killed our people too". Invariably you're alluding to the fact you agree that the whole Igbo race deserved no empathy from any Yoruba during the civil war b'cos some Igbos killed some of your people! You see how wicked and vindictive you sound? I haven't got a problem with your handle, just wanted to know why you picked it; if you weren't so bigoted you'd have noticed that it says a lot about your sentiments towards Igbos......just like wearing a t-shirt saying 'i can't stand the Igbos'! So i ask again, why did you pick 'Igbo' as your nairaland moniker?

@ My dear igb0-son, If I could remember, in a previous thread in your words you called me " a Monday morning arm chair football critic" and I said I am surprised that you could compare war to a football match. I don't care about ojukwu's war strategy after all he stated in an interview that he was not trained at Sandhurst so his knowledge of warfare was limited. I am so sure, whatever strategy the cantankerous coward adopted, biafra would have been defeated. ojukwu knew about the January 1966 coup but he never reported the coupist. Let me quote again from Adewale Ademoyega'd book "Why We Struck" Page 70
"Of the Lieutenant-Colonels, only two were known to be political and revolutionary and were willing to take part in any effort to revolutionise Nigeria. These were Lieutenant-Colonels Banjo and Fajuyi. For reasons that are later explained, neither of them actually took part in the coup of January 15. Lieutenant-Colonels ojukwu and Njoku were unsure and preferred to adopt the "if you boys succeed, we shall go along with you" attitude". Before you raise any issue, ojukwu too alluded to that fact in his book "Because I Am Involved". Ejoor in an interview said, ojukwu had sounded him and Gowon out to carry out a coup in 1964.

I still don't understand what you wanted from Awolowo, this man at his own personal safety travelled to ibo land to beg the deluded cantankerous coward, yet he remained obstinate after all he knew he could run away with his family members. I don't have to remind you the fate of Yoruba officers who fought on the biafran side (Banjo and Ademoyega). Also Wole Soyinka who went to jail because of the ibos, has been called unprintable names by the same people just because he said chinua achebe is not the father of African literature. I have always said the average ibo person thinks he is the only one God gave a brain. When an ibo man owns something, it is his only but when another man owns something, he now remembers we should be our brother's keeper. I still don't understand what you meant "if he had stood up for the truth"? You wanted to turn his land to a battlefield yet you wanted him to keep quiet and waste innocent lives? My dear igbo-son, your people are the only ones who are smart abi. If it was the other way round would you allow the Yoruba people turn your land into a battlefield? Nzeogwu said in his last interview that the real power was not in Lagos but in Kaduna, yet that deluded cantankerous coward sent troops on their way to Lagos. Do I have to remind you what the biafrans troops did in the neutral Mid-West. There is a Yoruba proverb that says you don't open your eye and allow a fly enter your eye.

On the Aburi Accord, ojukwu's body language showed his mind was made up and was waiting for the slighted excuse before he activated the war button. You never made reference to my post where I said chinua achebe even said in his book that Gowon obviously never understood what he was signing. Is that what you call in good faith? I saw a video of the Aburi meetings recently, where at the end of the meeting when they were posing for photographs, where your dear brother was smoking in the front of cameras. I smoke too and am surprised that a man could not control his urge for a few minutes till he got to his hotel to smoke is allowed to lead his people to their deaths. Yet he knew it wise to evacuate he and his family from danger.

There is a saying in Yoruba land that a witch cried yesterday and the child died today, who does not know it was the witch that killed the child. In 1964, ojukwu had sounded out Ejoor and Gowon on the possibility of carrying out a coup. chinua achebe wrote a book about how some officers carried out a coup. Then their junior brothers struck. They kill the four most senior Northern Officers while the most senior officer in the NA who happened to be an ibo man is not at home when they came for him. They killed the Prime Minister who is a Northerner but like in the above case the President who is an ibo man is out of the country. They killed the premier of the Northern Region but when they got to the house of the premier of the Eastern Region he is placed on house arrest because he had an august visitor and later the coup leader comes visiting. Then the senate president who is an ibo man hands over to the GOC of the NA another ibo man. So who is fooling who? An incident happened when I was in secondary school. I had just resumed JS 1 and started in second term because I had been sick throughout the first term. One day after school hours, I was trekking home and suddenly I saw my fellow school mates running but I just kept strolling until another shouted out to me to run. When I looked back I saw boys with bottles and knives stabbing and beating our fellow school students apparently some bad boys in my school had gotten in to a fight and injured some Akoka boys. I could easily have been killed for no reason than I was school mates with some boys with bad home training. This was a school I was barely two weeks. I don't support mob action of any kind and I would never support the killing of innocent citizens under any guise but I maintain it is the problems of the ibos to fix.

On my handle, call me whatever that suits your disdain and disgust for me. You have obviously chose what you want to believe. You said I cant stand the ibos, I can but am always with my guards on

3 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by yeeboowore: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
vicenzo: There was never a time that the fact that biafra was a collective wish of all eastern tribes,and not just the igbo was in doubt. At a point when the nigerian and british propaganda machine were telling the world that the igbos were dragging the rest of biafran people along, ojukwu demanded that a plebicite be conducted by the international observers in the minority areas of biafra, the british,having gathered an intelligence report that informed them that a 2/3 of the biafran minorities would vote for biafra,advised gowon to turn down Ojukwu's offer, as they knew that allowing the plebicite to hold would have been resulted in acknolwedging the sovereignty of biafra,as a plebicite would have shown that secession was a collective wish of biafran people.

Hmm! Never heard of this before. How come it was not in chinua achebe's book? the cantankerous coward's propaganda team was definitely better than of Hitler
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
^^^^please, you guys shouldn't fight here ohh.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by drasaq(m): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2013
@ na2day, the book was launched ystday.published by spectrum books ltd and available in bookshops and spectrum offices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Shopping For Injunction To Stop Election-rigging Probe | Sahara Reporters / Umahi Emerges Chairman South-East Governors Forum (photos) / BREAKING: We Won’t Call Any Witness In Defence Of Petition By PDP, Atiku – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.