Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter (12102 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Billionaires: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Just stumbled on this thread and its like this is a gathering of APC on Nairaland, I have been searching for Manifesto of APC and it seems it is "To 'wrestle' PDP without 'ideologies' using ex-communicated PDP outlaws". I will take that to the bank.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

Let me paint a scenario.

Assume that the 5 PDP governors you mentioned are the best in Nigeria. But out of 23 PDP governors, PDP has a failure rate of 22%.

Don't do state by state comparison (Lagos with Rivers) but do comparison of parties within a state (Amosu v Daniel, Akala v Ajumobi) and a rational person will agree that ACN governors have been better than the PDP governors they replaced. If you agree, then the ACN replacement of PDP has yielded a 100% success rate.

Lets even agree that ACN is undemocratic in the way it has selected its candidates - we can still conclude that the selection has been better than PDP's democracy (5 v 23 in Rivers, 16 v 19 in Ogun, and 16 v 19 NGF).

Now assume that both parties engage in nepotism and cronyism.

Lastly PDP has been in power for the last 14 years and the lot of Nigerians has regresses than it was under Abacha. Hope you know the only problem with Abacha was the manner he seized power and killed June 12.

Given that ACN administrators have performed better, on a like for like basis, should a rational person not be led to accept the imperfections of ACN/APC ahead of 14 years of underdevelopment, corruption, and mismanagement under the PDP? If you know it is always going to be terrible under PDP, why not try another party and ascertain whether they are going to be better, worse, or the same? Is that not the beauty of democracy? Has it not occurred to Nigerians, that by exercising their right to different choices, political parties would become more accountable? Now that the PDP has been kicked out of the SW, do you think PDP will return with the same jokers and their ilk in 2015?

Take a chance and let another party have its turn.
PDP is a Nigerian party and not a SW party. When PDP talk about PDP, they're not talking about SW PDP but all the PDP. They say everybody in PDP is bad, so showing them a performing PDP governor is in order. Btw, i'm not even holding brief for PDP. I'm only saying ACN/APC is no different imo.

Pls when you say the ACN has performed better, are you comparing them to their PDP counterparts from all over the country or those they replaced in the SW. I think we should start putting things in perspective. We can't make a gargantuan statements that paints PDP from Bonnny to Kafanchan bad and when challeneged, we'll restrict it to PDP in the SW. If the governors in the SW before ACN did not perform then it means there's a problem with SW PDP, so we should restrict the curse to SW PDP and not the National PDP because there are PDP governors that have performed relatively and those that have failed likewise the same case for ACN.

I think your last paragraph is embarrassing to say the lease. So, it's now turn-by-turn Nigeria limited. So, ACN should take their turn after PDP even if they have nothing to offer? Chei, my country don suffer.

Though i agree with you that the emergence of ACN is good to put PDP on their toes.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
PDP is a Nigerian party and not a SW party. When PDP talk about PDP, they're not talking about SW PDP but all the PDP. They say everybody in PDP is bad, so showing them a performing PDP governor is in order. Btw, i'm not even holding brief for PDP. I'm only saying ACN/APC is no different imo.

Pls when you say the ACN has performed better, are you comparing them to their PDP counterparts from all over the country or those they replaced in the SW. I think we should start putting things in perspective. We can't make a gargantuan statements that paints PDP from Bonnny to Kafanchan bad and when challeneged, we'll restrict it to PDP in the SW. If the governors in the SW before ACN did not perform then it means there's a problem with SW PDP, so we should restrict the curse to SW PDP and not the National PDP because there are PDP governors that have performed relatively and those that have failed likewise the same case for ACN.

I think your last paragraph is embarrassing to say the lease. So, it's now turn-by-turn Nigeria limited. So, ACN should take their turn after PDP even if they have nothing to offer? Chei, my country don suffer.

Though i agree with you that the emergence of ACN is good to put PDP on their toes.

I have asked you before and ask you once again, How do you compare a governor of Zamfara on equal footing with a governor in Lagos who has different challnges?

If Yobe governor can reduce Almajiris by a quarter he should be branded a success while in Imo state where Almajiri is not a problem how would you compare.

The sensible thing is to compare like for like

Compare Oshiomole APC with Igbinedion at least thats not South West? How does the PDP fare there?

Or compare Rochas APC with Ohakim (PDP) Shebi that one na your region
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

I have asked you before and ask you once again, How do you compare a governor of Zamfara on equal footing with a governor in Lagos who has different challnges?

If Yobe governor can reduce Almajiris by a quarter he should be branded a success while in Imo state where Almajiri is not a problem how would you compare.

The sensible thing is to compare like for like

Compare Oshiomole with Igbinedion at least thats not South West? How does the PDP fare there?
So, why do you guys keep comparing Fashola with Jonathan? You see the hypocrisy? You can run but you can't hide.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: So, why do you guys keep comparing Fashola with Jonathan? You see the hypocrisy? You can run but you can't hide.

Jonathan is the worst administrator ever. And has failed in every capacity whether as lecturer, Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president or president.

There has been no level that Jonathan has excelled or being above average

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Katsumoto: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:

Afam,

I gave you too much credit against my better judgement. Did you read what I wrote at all? Read below where I stated that you shouldn't do state by state comparison but comparison of governors within a state.

Katsumoto:

Don't do state by state comparison (Lagos with Rivers) but do comparison of parties within a state (Amosu v Daniel, Akala v Ajumobi) and a rational person will agree that ACN governors have been better than the PDP governors they replaced. If you agree, then the ACN replacement of PDP has yielded a 100% success rate.

Given that ACN administrators have performed better, on a like for like basis, should a rational person not be led to accept the imperfections of ACN/APC ahead of 14 years of underdevelopment, corruption, and mismanagement under the PDP? If you know it is always going to be terrible under PDP, why not try another party and ascertain whether they are going to be better, worse, or the same? Is that not the beauty of democracy? Has it not occurred to Nigerians, that by exercising their right to different choices, political parties would become more accountable? Now that the PDP has been kicked out of the SW, do you think PDP will return with the same jokers and their ilk in 2015?

Take a chance and let another party have its turn.

What is embarrassing about voting parties out of power? Do you know how democracy works? Democracy is about choices; the populace will vote out non-performing parties. The US had 8 years of Democratic party (Clinton) and then 8 years of Republican (Bush) and now in the second term of the democratic party (Obama). The UK had 18 years of conservative government and then 14 years of labour. Is that not turn by turn? Are you expecting Nigeria to be ruled by only one party even if they are doing badly?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by plaindealer: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam, abeg give it a rest, there's got to be a better and more formidable PDP supporter on NL to better articulate what PDP stands for..
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

Afam,

I gave you too much credit against my better judgement. Did you read what I wrote at all? Read below where I stated that you shouldn't do state by state comparison by comparison of governors within a state.

What is embarrassing about voting parties out of power? Do you know how democracy works? Democracy is about choices; the populace will vote out non-performing parties. The US had 8 years of Democratic party (Clinton) and then 8 years of Republican (Bush) and now in the second term of the democratic party (Obama). The UK had 18 years of conservative government and then 14 years of labour. Is that not turn by turn? Are you expecting Nigeria to be ruled by only one party even if they are doing badly?
Americans voted for Obama cos of what he had to offer or at least what he said he woulkd offer and he articulated those things and that endeared him to Americans. They didn't just vote for Obama because he was in the opposition. ACN must make their case to the Nigerian public and not think that they deserve to be elected just because Nigerians are tired of PDP.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Jonathan is the worst administrator ever. And has failed in every capacity whether as lecturer, Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice president or president.

There has been no level that Jonathan has excelled or being above average
You've not aanswered my question.

Why do you compare Fashola Lagos with Jonathan's FG knowing fully well that they manage an entirely different portfolio. I await your response.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by lakpalakpa: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^

cheesy cheesy

I enjoy the way ur brains are being fried. Little wonder you were MIA during that debate last year...
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Pataki: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: So, why do you guys keep comparing Fashola with Jonathan? You see the hypocrisy? You can run but you can't hide.
Are you pretending to be obtuse or you are for real? Against which other best performing governor should we compare Jonathan? He was a rubber stamp as deputy governor, a redundant personality as governor of Bayelsa and a figure head VP only to arise to become a clueless foolish being as President.

Can that be said of Fashola of Lagos state?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pataki:
Are you pretending to be obtuse or you are for real? Against which other best performing governor should we compare Jonathan? He was a rubber stamp as deputy governor, a redundant personality as governor of Bayelsa and a figure head VP only to arise to become a clueless foolish being as President.

Can that be said of Fashola of Lagos state?
We're not talking about what Jonathan did in Bayelsa here and i'm not seeing he has performed. I'm only asking why you guys keep comparing him with Fashola who isn't managing a country but have a problem in people comparing governors from different states.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by VoodooDoll(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Time to sweeeep Pee Dee Pee out!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fashola has excelled at Governor of Lagos State

Jonathan has failed in every position he has held till date
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu: Fashola has excelled at Governor of Lagos State

Jonathan has failed in every position he has held till date
So, what is wrong in saying, Akpabio has excelled in Akwa Ibom state and Amosun has failed in Oguun state. Can you see your hypocrisy staring you in the face?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by plaindealer: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
We're not talking about what Jonathan did in Bayelsa here and i'm not seeing he has performed. I'm only asking why you guys keep comparing him with Fashola who isn't managing a country but have a problem in people comparing governors from different states.

Actually it's mostly the other way around because we get bugged down by GEJ fanboys with their GEJ stories every time we post anything Fashola related.

Please ask me for examples because I have plenty..
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, what is wrong in saying, Akpabio has excelled in Akwa Ibom state and Amosun has failed in Oguun state. Can you see your hypocrisy staring you in the face?

Can you show us how Akpabio has excelled in Akwa Ibom and Amosun has failed in ogun state?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Katsumoto: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:

You have to establish common benchmarks before you can assess. No one is stating that you can't compare. Since you want to compare states by states, why don't you have a go at identify measurable and specific benchmarks? Are you ready for that exercise?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Can you show us how Akpabio has excelled in Akwa Ibom and Amosun has failed in ogun state?
Can you show us how Fashola has excelled in Lagos and how Jonathan has failed in Nigeria?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

You have to establish common benchmarks before you can access. No one is stating that you can't compare. Since you want to compare states by states, why don't you have a go at identify measurable and specific benchmarks? Are you ready for that exercise?
[s]You're now singing a new tune. How come you didn't mention anything about benchmarks before? And pls what benchmark did you use to come to the conclusion that Fashola has performed better than Jonathan. Pls i'll need it to be able to compare Akpabio and Amosun.[/s]

I thought you were Dayokanu...Dayokanu made an assertion and that's what i'm trying to shred. He said we shouldn't compare governors from different states but that we can compare Fashola and Jonathan. Do you see the double standards in that statement?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Pataki: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
In case it is lost on you, the comparism steers from the productivity level. We have a governor with limited finances who has shown sheer courage to transform his State in terms of development and infrastructure.

Can the same be said of Jonathan?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
I see some people are trying to raise the DEAD here. The last time such miracle was recorded was about 2,000yrs ago when Lazarus was raised from the DEAD. Any chance of that happening again? No chance. APC is DEAD and buried.

3 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Billionaires: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I see some people are trying to raise the DEAD here. The last time such miracle was recorded was about 2,000yrs ago when Lazarus was raised from the DEAD. Any chance of that happening again? No chance. APC is DEAD and buried.
Hahahahahahahaha No Messiah will volunteer to raise a dead horse.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by omarlee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Sleeping..Zzzzzz!..dreaming of how those corrupt PDP peepz go enjoy Kirikiri max prison, when APC wins 2015
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tomakint: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
omarlee: Sleeping..Zzzzzz!..dreaming of how those corrupt PDP peepz go enjoy Kirikiri max prison, when APC wins 2015
Keep dreaming son, afterall dreams are free!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tomakint: 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

lmao don't lose your marbles yet Tomakint. grin grin grin grin grin

What repeated posts are you referring to? I haven't seen them. Can you provide GEJ's successes using specific, measurable benchmarks. If a road was built, provide it. Let me remind you that renovation alone is not development or can be termed success. If hospitals were built, list them.

I just need you to be specific.

BTW, I can see through your ad hominem and diversionary strategies - you throw points (civil war, kiriji, etc) into the debate despite them not having any relevance to the debate. Tomakint take your time and list GEJ's successes. You must be ready to supply proof as well.
No, no, this is no longer getting funny! Has somebody hacked katz password? shocked shocked me tomakint provide you source and specific projects Jonathan has done? Katz go and sleep, Afam had lectured you enough! By the way, how is Kyoto? undecided
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tsalam: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
tomakint:
No, no, this is no longer getting funny! Has somebody hacked katz password? shocked shocked me tomakint provide you source and specific projects Jonathan has done? Katz go and sleep, Afam had lectured you enough! By the way, how is Kyoto? undecided

what are you saying exactly dude this guys are out doing with point. you keep coming up with the same lame talk like a toddler. name one thing gej has done well you keep spewing the same crap of repainting airport and yadayada. dude save us all your crap and get your man to work and stop defending the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
software man:
MY MAN AM COMPLETELY NEW TO THIS FORUM AND YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE ME TO START FORMING AN OPINION THAT YOU 100 PERCENT IN SUPPORT OF JONATHAN . HOW CAN YOU NOW SAY YOU WILL EVER CONSIDER ANY CANDIDATE OF APC . OF COURSE ONLY IF PDP DO NOT PRESENT JONATHAN. I FEEL FOR YOU. YOU DON'T LIKE PDP BUT YOU LOVE JONATHAN SO YOU HAVE TO DEFEND PDP IN ORDER TO DEFEND JONATHAN. I DON'T ENVY MOST OF YOU GUYS BECAUSE PDP RECPRDS OF THE PAST 14 YEARS IS TRULY INDEFENSIBLE

This is exactly what it is. The subconscious pressure to defend GEJ because of unclad clannishness and ethnocentric bias. There is no way, for any reasonable person able to view and accept facts dispassionately, to view GEJ as anything but corrupt, gradualist and exactly the sort of leader whose racket is completely limited to protecting the system of patronage and corruption that has ruined Nigeria over decades.

The actions and inactions of GEJ make this crystal clear. When you then see the likes of Afam4eva come here, day in day out, to make inane argument that a child would lampoon, then you know what is behind that attitude.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jmaine: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Americans voted for Obama cos of what he had to offer or at least what he said he woulkd offer and he articulated those things and that endeared him to Americans. They didn't just vote for Obama because he was in the opposition. ACN must make their case to the Nigerian public and not think that they deserve to be elected just because Nigerians are tired of PDP.

Lovely kiss
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Meritbaba(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I see some people are trying to raise the DEAD here. The last time such miracle was recorded was about 2,000yrs ago when Lazarus was raised from the DEAD. Any chance of that happening again? No chance. APC is DEAD and buried.
Why are you commenting then? You seem to be so much concerned about the dead
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by playmode(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jarus: APC finally registered.

Battle line is drawn.

Let's start kicking out PDP from Nairaland here.

Guys, there you have it.

NL action plan
Like this post to endorse APC
Register your support with a post
Let's discuss way forward and strategies, both online and offline, on this thread.

And on a funky note, let's select Nairaland APC executives cheesy

[size=15pt]Jarus i will like to volunteer to start the South African branch of APC. There are 1.5 million Nigerians currently in South Africa and i can use my business network to reach many of them.You never know INEC may set up a polling booth at the Embassy to allow us vote in South Africa.Every vote counts to kick out these money guzzling thugs.
[/size]
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
ACN members, now that you are a 'big' part of APC, what do you all think about primaries?

Will primaries be allowed?

Answer, please

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / FG Declares December 25, 26 And January 1st Public Holidays / Anambra, Enugu Speakers Reject Cattle Grazing Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.