Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? (6044 Views)

Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? / Be Ur Boss And Stop Searching / Differences Between U And Ur Boss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 5:48pm On May 19, 2008
I work in an office and recently there was these incident.
M y boss came to work all pissed and everything,she asked me for a document she i gave her the previous day and I told her she hadnt given it back. After searching for it i found it in a file where someone else kept it. She got mad and aske dwho kept it there,i said i wouldnt know.
In a matter of moments she leapt out of her seat and gave me a dirty slap.
My colleagues were all over me trying to hold me so i don't retaliate. I felt realy bad cause if it came down to a showdown,i'll beat the hell out of her.
MY most senior colleague called and asked me not to make a formal report to head office that it'll get her in trouble.
But everytime i remember the slap,i want to cry because,i'm not a defenceless person but now i can't help it.
What would you do in my shoes
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Bossman(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2008
Firstly, that can't happen here. Her sorry a$$ would be charged with assault. However, if I were in Nigeria, I know I probably will not have a job afterwards, I would either slap her right back, or at least report her to a superior.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by loffers(m): 10:15pm On May 19, 2008
thank God i was not in ur shoe,
i don't care whether u are my boss or not, i will just slap u back immediately without wasting time
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by DisGuy: 3:16am On May 20, 2008
stab in her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's what I would do!

showstopa:

I work in an office and recently there was these incident.
M y boss came to work all pissed and everything,she asked me for a document she i gave her the previous day and I told her she hadnt given it back. After searching for it i found it in a file where someone else kept it. She got mad and aske dwho kept it there,i said i wouldnt know.
In a matter of moments she leapt out of her seat and gave me a dirty slap.
My colleagues were all over me trying to hold me so i don't retaliate. I felt realy bad cause if it came down to a showdown,i'll beat the hell out of her.
MY most senior colleague called and asked me not to make a formal report to head office that it'll get her in trouble.
But everytime i remember the slap,i want to cry because,i'm not a defenceless person but now i can't help it.
What would you do in my shoes

Ask her for a written apology if not she(with your senior colleagues who are basically covering their own a$$)
wont hesistate to pile pressure on you or send you packing when they get the chance!

Nigerians should be allowed to have guns!
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by savanaha: 3:20am On May 20, 2008
I would either slap the shit out of her for putting her hand on my face or sue the shit out of her and the company. Make sure her ass gets fired for not being matured enough to control her temper. Slapping might seem cool on Nollywood but my face is not paid to take Nollywoodesque slaps or any slap for that matter.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:47am On May 20, 2008
How safe is your job when ur boss begins to behave like that?
Report to the head office.
Next thing u hear she may issue u a query.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by mymother1: 9:28am On May 20, 2008
my retalation will more faster than anybody can think of grin grin grin grin ; sad sad what a stupid boos im sure she we be beating her husband
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 9:44am On May 20, 2008
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color][td][/td]i[i][/i]i

i wanna get myself a new job,that has always been in the books .
my original intention was to wait until my new job clicks then give her the beating of her life but that would be harboring bitterness. I called a colleague in head office n he told me that wen she was in the head office she had issues before she was sent to the Abuja office where i work. She threatned to slap a junior colleague n the junior colleague threatened to beat her up. It was a big issue before she was sent down here.
I just think she has insecurity issues cause my lagos office has too many females as per marketers but here in Abuja we are just two. And she is always saying that she doesnt like to work with females cause they are not career minded.

My main wahala now is that i hope she stays civil till i get a new job cause i'll throw caution to the wind and beat the hell out of her if tries it again.
You should see her wen she is peeved with anyone(including the driver). she uses swear words randomly like ,stupi, mad,irresponsible,son of a bitch, . MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
And every body is like "thats how she is ,just forget"
what do i do
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 9:48am On May 20, 2008
@my mother
She cant beat her husband cause there is none in the picture
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by babyx(f): 10:34am On May 20, 2008
@ Showstopper
U are 1 in a million, u didnt retaliate instantly, men my response would have been quicker , just as fast as her stinking hands lands on my face angry, Anyway, get outa there fast, dont discuss your plans with anybody in that office or that building, and on your next Job, look ur boss squarely in the eye when they talk to you, neva sound tentative no matter the issue at stake, be sure of what you are saying and look very serious more than they,
Bosses know where to draw the line no matter the level of Madness they have,
All the best pal. wink
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by chukz4real(m): 11:14am On May 20, 2008
Hmmmmmmm. If she's still single and I admire her, cherish her and passionately in love with her grin I'll let her go for LOVE' sake, else, unless she has a black belt in martial arts oooooooo. Infact, after the beating, she'd definitely look more horrible compared to the carcass of the ADC crashed aircraft!
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by xele: 11:19am On May 20, 2008
I'd launch a nuclear warhead on her! Pronto!
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 11:25am On May 20, 2008
@babyx
Men i was dazed for a while cause i tot it was a dream,by the time i came to everybody around me was begging me.
Trust me,its not like i have high self control,in fact the reverse is the case.
i suppose God just wanted it that way maybe to teach me to control my emotion. i cried afterwards cause i've nevr been in a situation where i cant defend my self.
Much as everybody was saying,welldone for keeping ur calm, i was getting all twisted inside with bitterness and want of revenge.
I feel better now but i sure would have felt great if i gave her a great beating
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 20, 2008
shocked

Am speechless
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 11:35am On May 20, 2008
@xele
Na my unit head she be oh
if u are used to office politics,u'll know that the office as an organisation will back a senior staff as against a junior one,no matter how enterprising except the senior one has a history of non performance,and mental unbalance,
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by SENATORJD(m): 11:49am On May 20, 2008
hahaha
easy thing, fall down roll on the floor for 3 mins starting spitting out, hold my stomach while taking my eye balls in so she sees only white shocked,pull out my shirt and start running round fall down again and stay still for 5mins.no be naija?them go say na jazz she use, Fear gast catch am
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by teeanne(f): 12:02pm On May 20, 2008
you did right by not retaliating. though it is not easy. the funniest and disheartening thing is that i think for most private firms the bosses there think they are the alpha and omega of their employees so they treat the like in "slave trade". something similar happened in my office a couple of weeks ago, the man threw a stapler and u know what despite the fact that it did not hit me, couldnt hear for 3minutes, wonder what would have happened if i were hit. Do not allow your anger to overide you like it did your boss.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 12:10pm On May 20, 2008
@Senator
Men i for use that pattern oh

@Teeanne
mine is not even a private company ,it's a PLC but the organisation is lacking.
Well God fights our battles,those we cant fight.
She's hoping to move to a bank soon,i wonder how she'll cope with the numerous females in the bank if she's threatned by just 2 of us being competition for her
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by SENATORJD(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2008
@showstopa well wont say nxt time, cos there wont be for u oo except u want anoda one,
but really wht right does she have to slap an employee?abi una be slave?
well thats what happens at times when Human rights are not clearly stated,what happend to labour laws?
@teeanne a stapler?nawa whats happening to bosses nowadays?is it pressure to deliver or what?hope u can hear well now sha,if not men file a suit and brake his ass with the suit.i know a good lawyer,we'll do it free on the house(nairaland)
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Villageman: 2:18pm On May 20, 2008
What u done is the best. If u retaliate it would hv worse that matter. Pls can u forget the incident that happened to u? 'cos the more u're keeps on remember what has happened to u, ur mind will always bitter. For ur mind to be clear, pls try to forget what ur boss did for u and try to forgive her.

Those people that say's if they are in such position they will reatliate immediatelly, they didn't help the matter. Pls don't plant any evil thing in mind.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by oldie(m): 2:19pm On May 20, 2008
Slapping you was wrong
Your answer was also wrong!

Your answer should have been " I don't know"
Sometimes, some of us do not know how to answer simple questions.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Busta(f): 2:22pm On May 20, 2008
Slap him back!! angry
and then run to ministry of Labour!
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by SENATORJD(m): 2:27pm On May 20, 2008
LOl busta, u'd be surprised to receive anoda one at the gate by the security when u reach.
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Geolalisa(f): 3:38pm On May 20, 2008
@ poster
Your reflexes are failing you, you should have responded to the stimuli immediately. it seems ur nerves are not working probably? go check with your DOCTOR
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 3:43pm On May 20, 2008
@Oldie
my response was not in the least rude,
I said i didnt know, she said why would i not know
i said i wouldnt know.
what will you rather i said
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by Busta(f): 3:47pm On May 20, 2008
SENATOR JD:

LOl busta, u'd be surprised to receive another one at the gate by the security when u reach.

lol . .haha. . . only in Nigeria.
That country is lawless embarassed
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by icemann(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2008
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 4:12pm On May 20, 2008
@icemann
That is not a bad suggestion at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
where can i meet you to form this clandestine operation
Just that my quest for revenge goes down each day
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 4:26pm On May 20, 2008
@icemann
That is not a bad suggestion at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
where can i meet you to form this clandestine operation
Just that my quest for revenge goes down each day
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by icemann(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2008
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by showstopa: 5:26pm On May 20, 2008
@ icemann
ok we'll consolidate on our plans tomoro
Re: Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? by SENATORJD(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2008
Villageman:

What u done is the best. If u retaliate it would hv worse that matter. Please can u forget the incident that happened to u? 'because the more u're keeps on remember what has happened to u, your mind will always bitter. For your mind to be clear, please try to forget what your boss did for u and try to forgive her.
Those people that say's if they are in such position they will reatliate immediatelly, they didn't help the matter. Please don't plant any evil thing in mind.
bro am really sorry i don't do this at all,but easy on the english aight?very nice point sha very nice.cheers bro

Busta:

lol . .haha. . . only in Nigeria.
That country is lawless embarassed
busta! busta!! busta!!!,nigeria aint lawless now give us some credit embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

` / 80% Of First Class, Second Class Upper Applicants Failed Nnpc Exam - Gmd / Ways To Be A Happy Fellow At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.