Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Return With A Formatted Mind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Return With A Formatted Mind? (906 Views)

Exposé On The Laws Of Reincarnation,karma And Return. / He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / The Return Of Pastor Chris To Benin-city (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by donigspain(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
I've been opportuned to read as well as listen to arguments on the purpose of life. Many a time scholars in esotericism, exoteric studies and metaphysics have laid claims on the reincarnating ability of the human spirit. Some NDE and OBE testimonies also assert a systematic cyclical transition of the human spirit in its quest to attain perfection.
My questions are:
1. Why do we return with a completely formatted mind IF the essence of such reincarnation is for us to make amends on the lapses of our past life (lives).
2. Would it not have been better and easier if we still hold onto the consciousness and memories of our past life (lives) and thus use them as a mirror and/or lamp in our quest to attain perfection.
3. Why put us through the stress of returning in a completely empty state with a 100per cent chance of repeating the earlier mistakes/sins when we are expected to amend same unreacheable past.
I ask these because I've, on my own, tried so much to no avail to see if I can link or have even a little clue (memory) on what my earlier sojourn(s) on earth was/were like.
I need logical and intellectual replies. Thank you all.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 4:41am On Jul 11, 2013
donigspain: I've been opportuned to read as well as listen to arguments on the purpose of life. Many a time scholars in esotericism, exoteric studies and metaphysics have laid claims on the reincarnating ability of the human spirit. Some NDE and OBE testimonies also assert a systematic cyclical transition of the human spirit in its quest to attain perfection.
My questions are:
1. Why do we return with a completely formatted mind IF the essence of such reincarnation is for us to make amends on the lapses of our past life (lives).
2. Would it not have been better and easier if we still hold onto the consciousness and memories of our past life (lives) and thus use them as a mirror and/or lamp in our quest to attain perfection.
3. Why put us through the stress of returning in a completely empty state with a 100per cent chance of repeating the earlier mistakes/sins when we are expected to amend same unreacheable past.
I ask these because I've, on my own, tried so much to no avail to see if I can link or have even a little clue (memory) on what my earlier sojourn(s) on earth was/were like.
I need logical and intellectual replies. Thank you all.

1) At the start of each incarnation, the memory veil of forgetfulness is placed over the soul to block out memories of previous lifetimes, its life plan or its existence in heaven. This serves several purposes of which are:

-To prevent souls with very unpleasant past life memories to live their current lives unhindered by intrusive bad past life memories. Someone who committed atrocities and killed in a past life who still remembers this will have a very difficult time focusing on his current life. Such memories will keep haunting him therefore preventing him from moving forward. Of course check the case of someone who maybe 10 years ago did terrible things and now changes his ways to live a good life. He may be living a good life now but the memories of his atrocities 10 years back will still pop up and haunt him once in a while. This is just for only one life how much more someone who has had, say, 10 lives of repeated atrocities. What do you expect him to do in his current life remembering all 10 past lives and their atrocities? Must be very terrible indeed. This is what the memory veil of forgetfulness seeks to prevent in cases of past lives. Reincarnation is a way for improvement and spiritual growth, a way forward and not a reliving of the past.

-The forgetfulness also helps in the cases of people who were kings, queens, presidents, popular musicians, artists, actors, actresses, rich millionaires etc in their past lives who are now born in humble circumstances to carry on their lives humbly for if they remembered their past life of affluence and wealth, pride and bragging will set in thus intruding in his current life.

-To prevent people who may have been wronged unjustly in a past life to seek out his offender to carry out revenge on him/her or his family members or relatives.

-To block out the perfect existence of what life is like in heaven to allow souls to perfectly adjust into the harsh and difficult life conditions of earth life. Many souls who if they retained memories of the afterlife might start feeling homesick and reluctant in participating fully in the ups and downs of life. They keep longing to return back to the afterlife immediately and might commit suicide to achieve that. Going by the level of the current consciousness of human beings generally, earth and human beings are not yet prepared to be allowed to live with memories of their heavenly spiritual existence. So the memories are blocked out. However, a few hundreds of humans still remember their pre-birth existences.

Maybe, the soul is likely to repeat the same former mistakes but his new life will be planned and selected with circumstances that will prevent the repetition of such past mistakes. Elements that caused him to do commit such mistakes in his past lives will be identified and during his life selection process for a new life, his new life will be planned such that those elements are removed so that he doesn't give in to the same mistakes again. For example, if its identified that being born into rich families in past lives made the soul to always turn out proud, greedy and materialistic later in life then his new life will be planned such that the wealth factor is totally eliminated and the soul will be born into poor or low-class families so that he isn't tempted to repeat his past life mistakes. We might forget our immortal existence and life plans but all these are hidden deep within our souls, our inner selves. If only the person can look within, all the answers he needs lie within.

2) As I've explained in 1 above, holding on to such memories of past lives won't be of benefit to the individual so the memories are blocked out.

3) Its not a stress returning to life. We only return to make things better, to correct wrongs and make them right. Before we set off for earth journey we promised to live exemplary lives but then we get to earth and things turn out differently for millions of people. Life is a cycle of improvements and during each lifetime we hope to improve and grow more spiritually than we were when we were born. However, some souls progress quicker than others. But that doesn't make them better. Life is no competition and every soul grows according to its own rate. Some will evolve faster and some slower. Some will get stuck at a particular level in so many lives and later pick up again.

Your past life memories and the beautiful memory of your existence in heaven (the afterlife) can still be recalled through the use of hypnosis. Hypnosis is the technique used to recall past life memories. Hypnotists, however, are rare in Nigeria and Africa in general and are found commonly in US, UK, Canada etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by donigspain(m): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2013
^^Thank you sir for your prompt reply.
*The answers above, though no matter how logical they are, still come as assumptions since there is no concrete evidence to prove to the individual involved that he or she had once been here.
*Predestination/Pre-design: Does it mean that individuals who had, in their previous lives, lived wrongly are NOW living aright since those conditions or circumstances which caused them to err have been selectively removed? If so, why do we still have people doing evil or are these ones still in their FIRST reincarnative life?
*Using your explanation on PRE-PLANNED life, is it now justifiable for one to accept the poor, wretched, physically challenged, mad, conditions of people in the society as a corrective act of the Supreme God towards the bettering of the spiritual lives of these unfortunate individuals? I think this is a belief system in India.
*How are we sure that the result of hypnosis is not mere hallucination or mind-trick.
NB: I do understand the workings of hypnosis as I had done extensive research on the subject and even once did successfully practiced it.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
donigspain: ^^Thank you sir for your prompt reply.
*The answers above, though no matter how logical they are, still come as assumptions since there is no concrete evidence to prove to the individual involved that he or she had once been here.
*Predestination/Pre-design: Does it mean that individuals who had, in their previous lives, lived wrongly are NOW living aright since those conditions or circumstances which caused them to err have been selectively removed? If so, why do we still have people doing evil or are these ones still in their FIRST reincarnative life?
*Using your explanation on PRE-PLANNED life, is it now justifiable for one to accept the poor, wretched, physically challenged, mad, conditions of people in the society as a corrective act of the Supreme God towards the bettering of the spiritual lives of these unfortunate individuals? I think this is a belief system in India.
*How are we sure that the result of hypnosis is not mere hallucination or mind-trick.
NB: I do understand the workings of hypnosis as I had done extensive research on the subject and even once did successfully practiced it.

@Bolded...why did you come out on this forum seeking answers only to receive them and classify them as mere assumptions? Why terribly looking for these so-called assumptions when you know that you won't still believe/accept them?

Spirituality is an individual thing for the mature minded. If you're not prepared for it, you remain behind in the comfort zone of your religion. Nobody is forcing you to be spiritual or to grow spiritually.

1) Yes. Those whose causal elements of atrocities that were removed are now living right. We still have killings in the world due to the existence of free-will of human beings. These acts are mostly perpetrated by infant and baby souls (there are 5 soul age levels each incarnating soul passes through during the course of his several incarnations on earth. They are infant, baby, young, mature and old soul ages. Infant souls are the beginners, just starting out earth life. Next in line are the baby souls who are known to be religious and carry religion on their head. Then comes the young souls who are the die-hard achievers of the world. They are the movers and shakers of the world who make things happen. Their main characteristic is their drive and penchant for materialism, wealth, cars, money, politics.) There are millions of infant and baby souls within our population who are just starting out earth life newly. They are starters on earth and earth life is a rude shock and different from heavenly life. These souls are terribly inexperienced and are lacking in wisdom and knowledge of mature and old souls gained over the course of several earth incarnations. They are yet to learn the consequences of killing and taking the life of someone else and the resultant karma that ensues. They are the ones breaking laws, committing crimes, getting into trouble, and landing in jail. Its usually a terrible period for these amateurs on earth and they need to be taught what is right and wrong. There are over 6 billions human beings on earth today. More and more babies are born and there arises the need for souls to inhabit this plethora of bodies, thus providing room from the explosion of baby and infant souls in our midst.

2) Life of 'difficulties' on earth such as being physically challenged, poor etc are the best, faster and shortest routes for a soul to take who wants to evolve quicker because of the many useful lessons these lives provide. Such lives are preferred and chosen by default by spirit guides in heavens for a soul about to incarnate who is willing to learn life lessons very fast. Lives of little or no difficulty are seen as wastes as souls go through those lives without learning anything thus wasting lifetimes. Without such 'difficulties' or 'checks' put in place in the lives of some people, they will NEVER learn their life lessons as supposed. Once they arrive on earth, they fail to look within themselves and forget their life purposes and get carried away by earth distractions (acquiring unnecessary wealth, drinking, sex, partying, etc). A soul who is to learn the lesson of humility will be asked to choose the life of a low class man or woman who will struggle through his/her lifetime in order to learn humility. On the other side, its not of importance what he/she will go through. What matters from the spiritual angle is what lesson that comes out from the life in the end. I doesn't make no sense asking a soul who NEEDS to learn the lesson of humility to be born into the family of rich parents when its clearly known that children of rich parents, even the parents themselves, are often prideful and look down on others below their class on the society.

In the same vein, a soul who wants to learn compassion and kindness will be given a life of an orphan whose parents will die early in life thus leaving him to grow up in an adoptive home or motherless babies home. This child will grow up into an adult lacking parental love and will value the place of parental love in the life of a child. Because of his own experience, this child, now an adult, will naturally feel for other little orphans in his shoes since he passed though the experience and will develop compassion for them. He might adopt an orphan(s) as his own to show him parental love and care because he values the place of love in a child's life and doesn't want the orphan to experience what he experienced. He might go out and set up an organisation that cares for the orphans, less privileged or even open a motherless babies home of his own to care for disadvantaged babies. Left to millions of souls, if they're given easy and sweet lives, they'll never learn anything from them.

Lives of 'suffering' on earth and not really seen as suffering in heaven because they are actually what we need as souls to grow. They are the catalyst for our growth in life. Everything happens for a reason.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
I'll post my last comment on the other thread for people interested in obtaining spiritual knowledge to read and learn.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
There is no such thing as a previous life. Infact if you exist today, it is just because your papa didn't cath ghonorhea or syphilis that would kill his ozoids when he was young. If he did you wouldn't exist. And thank doG your mum didn't abort.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by donigspain(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
^^Thanks for your opinion sir. Hope to see you contribute more.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by biafranqueen: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
bigfrancis021: I'll post my last comment on the other thread for people interested in obtaining spiritual knowledge to read and learn.
Which thread? Can you start a brand new thread? I posted several questions to another thread but it was from last week.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: There is no such thing as a previous life. Infact if you exist today, it is just because your papa didn't cath ghonorhea or syphilis that would kill his ozoids when he was young. If he did you wouldn't exist. And thank doG your mum didn't abort.

That is a very erroneous belief to take into the afterlife when you die. In your soul state you've always known the truth that you're immortal. That you've been made to forget your immortal existence doesn't mean that life doesn't exist beyond death. Be careful with this belief of yours especially when dying because whatever beliefs you harbor about the afterlife while alive and whatever you expect to see after death are what you see immediately you die. If you believe life ends at death, when you die all you'll see initially will be nothingness, the existence of nothing. You'll find yourself lost, groping around aimlessly in some massless place. Its only an illusion however for if you change your belief right immediately and expect to see something else, say a fairy land , it appears right before you. Don't harbor this belief and carry it into the afterlife only to be welcome into an illusion of nothingness while you spend eons of time groping around endlessly in it because you believe its what lies after death while your other mates with strong beliefs in heaven and the afterlife will die and enter heaven as expected. And maybe by the time you realize that your belief was erroneous, eons of time might have been wasted away in your illusion while your mates in earth may have died, reincarnated again twice, maybe thrice and progressed way more than you.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
biafranqueen: Which thread? Can you start a brand new thread? I posted several questions to another thread but it was from last week.

I mean the Faith vs NDE thread started by Joe yesterday. Its where I reposted the post.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by donigspain(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
@bigfrancis01
You totally misconcepted my 'assumption' statement thus leading you to make some temperamental utterances. You shouldn't always perceive persons with contradicting views as closed systems. I needed answers to questions bordering my mind since I began this personal spiritual advancement project. I was raised a christian but at this juncture am looking at if there's another option of totally escaping religion whilst still maintaining a peaceful spiritual relationship with whichever Supreme Force that created me.
NB: I am more inclined towards believing your sermon/teaching IF they can be substantiated with FACTUAL EVIDENCE! So please can you give me a firsthand evidence that I had once passed through earth?
*Meanwhile, I still believe in the DIVINITY of Jesus the Christ.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by bigfrancis021: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
donigspain: @bigfrancis01
You totally misconcepted my 'assumption' statement thus leading you to make some temperamental utterances. You shouldn't always perceive persons with contradicting views as closed systems. I needed answers to questions bordering my mind since I began this personal spiritual advancement project. I was raised a christian but at this juncture am looking at if there's another option of totally escaping religion whilst still maintaining a peaceful spiritual relationship with whichever Supreme Force that created me.
NB: I am more inclined towards believing your sermon/teaching IF they can be substantiated with FACTUAL EVIDENCE! So please can you give me a firsthand evidence that I had once passed through earth?
*Meanwhile, I still believe in the DIVINITY of Jesus the Christ.

In the first place why should you call my beliefs assumptions? What makes you such an all-knowing judge to know that my beliefs are mere assumptions and hence pronounce judgment that my beliefs are assumptions? Going by your logic of reasoning, what firsthand evidence do you have to show that the bible you cling on to its beliefs is even real? Were you there as a witness? My statements in reply to you weren't temperamental but rather I was correcting an attitude of yours which is standoffish because I took out my time and energy, when no one else was willing to reply you, to type out all the knowledge for you only to dismiss them as mere assumptions. If you were to gain more knowledge from discourse with other people you shouldn't start out by being on the defensive. I could have easily not replied you after I read your post but I overlooked it and still typed and replied you. I wasn't the least offended.

As for your need for evidence, hypnosis is the main way to recall your past lives in all their entirety and full details. Dreams are another means but they are usually spontaneous, brief, and less-detailed.

Moreover, MUST you have a past life recall before you accept that you've reincarnated before? Going with your level of knowledge and quest for spiritual knowledge I can comfortably say that you're more than the average joe in spiritual growth. I HAVE HAD PAST LIVES OF WHICH I DON'T RECALL ANY EXCEPT A FLASH OF WHERE I WAS A WHITE WOMAN, YET I DON'T SEE THE NEED TO HAVE A PAST LIFE RECALL TO KNOW THAT PAST LIVES ARE REAL. Funny enough, I still have my pre-birth existence memories with me of which I still remember very clearly and to a great extent, instead of past life memories. My memory starts from moments just before I left for my life and my life selection process.

My point is you don't need to have a recall of past lives to validate the existence of it. You could as well undergo hypnosis and have a past life recall only to dismiss them as hallunications in the end. That's skepticism. Just as you believe within you that Jesus Christ is real though you haven't met him before IN THIS LIFE, you should lend the same faith to reincarnation. Don't forget that Jesus Christ preached reincarnation and past lives and reincarnation was in the bible up until the 4th century when the early church fathers made revisions to the bible and removed all references to it because it was clashing with their made-up theory of hellfire and brimstone - a theory they needed to manipulate and control the gullible masses. Why preach one-lifetime of which wrong doers go to hellfire and also at the same time that when you die you come back again to earth to live again at the same time. It was contradictory. So they removed all references to the bible. At the same time the book of Revelations was also about to be removed until they decided to keep it in the bible and rather make editions to it.
Re: Why Return With A Formatted Mind? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
bigfrancis021:

That is a very erroneous belief to take into the afterlife when you die. In your soul state you've always known the truth that you're immortal. That you've been made to forget your immortal existence doesn't mean that life doesn't exist beyond death. Be careful with this belief of yours especially when dying because whatever beliefs you harbor about the afterlife while alive and whatever you expect to see after death are what you see immediately you die. If you believe life ends at death, when you die all you'll see initially will be nothingness, the existence of nothing. You'll find yourself lost, groping around aimlessly in some massless place. Its only an illusion however for if you change your belief right immediately and expect to see something else, say a fairy land , it appears right before you. Don't harbor this belief and carry it into the afterlife only to be welcome into an illusion of nothingness while you spend eons of time groping around endlessly in it because you believe its what lies after death while your other mates with strong beliefs in heaven and the afterlife will die and enter heaven as expected. And maybe by the time you realize that your belief was erroneous, eons of time might have been wasted away in your illusion while your mates in earth may have died, reincarnated again twice, maybe thrice and progressed way more than you.

Chineke m eee! People really do believe all kinds of nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Is A Symbol Of Love / Incredible: Oro Worshippers Hold Funeral Rites For Pastor Ajanaku / Atrocities And Evils Mouka Lazarus Committed Against Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.