Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,837 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ogun 2013 Batch B Corpers Develops Nysc Ogun Saed Website On Orientation Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun 2013 Batch B Corpers Develops Nysc Ogun Saed Website On Orientation Camp (1051 Views)

Corpers During Skill Acquisition & Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Lectures / SAED (NYSC Skill Training) In Osun State Is The Best (Pictures) / NYSC 2014 Batch B Corpers; Where Is Your Place Of Primary Assignment (PPA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun 2013 Batch B Corpers Develops Nysc Ogun Saed Website On Orientation Camp by temitayoadegoke(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2013
The national youth service program have been ongoing for about four decades now. It has served as a stepping stone for young graduate preparing them for the ever competitive job market.

Over the years, however, it has been observed that many of this young graduate roam the street with files in search of white collar jobs for months or even years after there service year. Some of this ones venture into crime as a result of the frustration. To help curb this menace, the skills acquisition and enterpreneurship development (saed) programme was incorporated into the 3 weeks orientation scheme undertaking in all orientation camps across the nation.

At the ogun state orientation camp, the saed program began on tuesday 2nd july 2013. The nearly 2 weeks of lecture/training consisted of ten different sessions including cosmetology, art and craft, fashion designing, food processing, ICT and others. After the introduction of this session and the trainers, each corp member was encouraged to choose a particular skill acquisition programme and to participate fully throughout the course of the programme.

The ICT trainer, Mr Temitayo Adegoke through out the course of the training programme encouraged the corp member to look out for opportunities to make a living online. In addition to the training programme, the profile of the trainner was an additional source of motivation to the corp members. Although a graduate of microbiology, he has become very successful in the ICT field - proving the fact that anyone committed and innovative could be successful in ICT. Various practical session were carried out during the course of the training. A project was equally undertaking.

The project involved development of the ogun state saed website. www.nyscogunsaed.com It was carried out by both those who had a prior knowledge and those who had little or no knowledge of website development. This project was eventually completed and presented on Thursday 11th may 2013.

Other sections of the saed programme were equally doing very well as several corp members around the camp could be seen working on their products a few days to the presentation day. After a successful presentation of all the product, certificate were offered to the participants.

The saed programme has been a successful one. The motivational speeches, interactive and training sessions were very essential to the young graduate who will no longer have any allowance from the federal government after there one year of service. We hope that the young graduate will make a good use of the training they have obtained, courtesy of the saed programme and eventually become employers of labour, rather than job seekers.

--- Ezra Samuel (OG/13B/0094)

Re: Ogun 2013 Batch B Corpers Develops Nysc Ogun Saed Website On Orientation Camp by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 12, 2013
That's me in d yellow top. What I love most about the experience is d idea of studying at some of the best universities abroad from the comfort of your room. I am however disappointed that I was not given a certificate despite my full attendance and leading the article writers.
Re: Ogun 2013 Batch B Corpers Develops Nysc Ogun Saed Website On Orientation Camp by temitayoadegoke(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Don't u have a certificate till now? Contact me

(1) (Reply)

17 Fake NYSC Members Arrested: 9 Males, 8 Females.⁠ / Opinion: What The Incoming Government Should Do With N.Y.S.C. / Going Straight To My Father's House After POP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.