Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Nigeria And China's Romance;your Opinion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria And China's Romance;your Opinion (498 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / Top Events That Rocked Nigeria And Nairaland / AIRFREIGHT CARGO SERVICE FROM USA AND CHINA TO NIGERIA FAST AND CHEAP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And China's Romance;your Opinion by roqchiq(f): 9:00am On Jul 11, 2013
We all understand that China is becoming (if not already) a force to reckon with in our world today, and Nigeria (my dear country) being Nigeria, seems to have shifted alliances quickly, what with all the new contracts,agreements and loans being made with China.

While I am not opposed to siding with the winning country and China being a country from which we can learn a lot, i believe we should step with caution. Today,we are signing a contract for China to build 4 new international airports in Abuja, Kano, Portharcourt and Lagos (anybody notice the exclusion of southeastern states?), yesterday we signed for them to help invest in our SMEs, then they gave us a low interest loan of $500m (how generous!), not to mention the chinese cultural centres springing up in some states (starting with Anambra,the commercial state), hmmm wonder if there's a trojan horse among these gifts somewhere.

The chinese seems to be taking over (literally they are everywhere), and Nigeria can't seem to stand on her own, she constantly needs someone to mother her ( and we are the giants of Africa), first the British, then the Americans, and now the Chinese. The chinese are very smart, they do know how to fleece, they want something from us,hope whatever it is won't cost us ourselves.

My advice is, let the romance begin, but let's not be a maga o.

My own 2kobo, what is yours!!
**runs off to go learn mandarin**
Re: Nigeria And China's Romance;your Opinion by Emmyk(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Time will tell...
Re: Nigeria And China's Romance;your Opinion by Capnd143(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2013
PRoceed with caution

(1) (Reply)

Port-harcourt Lagos Market Currently Been Destroyed / FFK Apologizes For Mentioning Names Of Ex-girlfriends In His Article / Explanations For Archbishop Kattey's Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.