Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (27638 Views)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by userlist(f): 3:49am On Jul 12, 2013
@Engr. Chris

On this issue of Amaechi and jonathan. He Amaechi started the whole story or problem by going openly romancing a new party APC and others, declaring his interest without resigning from pdp. Now it make the brother, president and the party have misfeeling where he is that made the party acted on him, now it have excalated to his on house where few that saw his actions unsuitable are trying to impeach his speaker after that impeach him, that resolted to unexpextected fight in the RSHA. pekin we say in mama no go sleep him no go sleep too. E.g, if u are in a company working after u start telling people dat u wil be d manager or u will take over from ur superior while ur superior is enjoy post and don't think he wil go out soon, what did u expect?. I remember what a prof told me that Ameachi has nothing to loose because he is an Area boy. Put urself into GEJ shoe if u are him. Amechi should blame himself. His Party cannot come into this matter because of the suspension giving to him already. Pls let the truth stand tall, for the people saying that is GEJ is the problem, I don't thinks president is the problem. Fianlly I pray for party and GEJ to forgive him. So that dis problem will end, if not I don't think is going to end soon. Lets Pray for our leaders, God bless Nigeria our country.

Can you please tell me how this is an impeachable offense.
So Amaechi should go around shooting the opposition party members to please Jonathan
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by splashbaby(m): 4:10am On Jul 12, 2013
1979 OBJ conducted a Kangaroo election that brought in Sheu Shagari to power...a school teacher and a man too decent for politics, Awolowo was the most qualified candidate..When Shagari tried to forcefully rig and re-elect himself despite massive corruption he was swept aside by a millitary coup...Fastforwad 2007 OBJ conducted yet another Kangaroo election that brought in Sheu Musa Ya'rdua to power a chemistry teacher and a sick man. Pat Utomi was the most qualified. Ya'rdua died in office.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by EngrChris(m): 4:12am On Jul 12, 2013
For the IMPEACHMENT I'm not in support because is Unconstitutional with 5 members and is unacceptable
userlist:

Can you please tell me how this is an impeachable offense.
So Amaechi should go around shooting the opposition party members to please Jonathan
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by COOLDUN: 4:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Ezigbo2010:
Pray not! Nigeria does NOT need another military regime. In the past, even with military regimes Nigeria remained poor and corrupt. Don't you understand that Nigeria will only change when the one thing that has not happened does happen - the people rise up and learn to speak for themselves. The way Nigeria is run now is not real democracy, but a military regime in democratic clothing. In democratic era, most of the presidents have been former military men.

If what Nigerians has been witnessing from 1999 till this moment is what they call democracy, then military regime is the best option.

What most third world country citizens mostly the Africans fail to know is that the democracy that is practiced in Africa is another means of colonization by the west. Our rulers are corrupt , they hide their loots in those countries , for this reason the western people are seizing it as an opportunity to hold them to ransom, you know when someone knows your secrets you won't have boldness to challenge him/her anymore. For the fear of being exposed they agree on anything they tell them to do.

Nigeria's democracy is the costliest one in the world since 1999, the fund which is supposed to be used judiciously for the development of the country is used to fund our democracy. Politicians and families are using the economy for their personal funding.

At least in the military regime we have less officials , even if they steal at least little remains for the country, but this GEJ led government remains nothing for the country, instead they keep on borrowing and fix the payment dates when they might have all died. So that the coming generation would be indebted to the western people who would still hold hostage.

Imagine Power Holding making billions of Naira for not rendering any services to the people, while we are hoping for power improvement, if, someone is payed for a non rendered services, then how would the person care to serve you again?

There are many points to back up the support for a military rule in Nigeria, Africa is not ripe enough for a true democracy. Both GEJ, and the opposition are the same people, you can change a party but party can never change you.

Any sincere military officer that have the interest of the Nigerians at heart can change this country, but hoping on GEJ or the opposition is just like taking an already dead child to the hospital. No one gives what he doesn't have. The forces that brought GEJ to power is more than his capability, he can't do anything because the political parties in Africa are dens of EVIL PEOPLE, who don't care about the masses.

I support the guy that suggested a patriotic, sincere, brave , young military officers to take over this civilian Hitlers we call politicians in the country and clean up the mess. What we witnessing now is the best time of GEJ. Mark my words.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by philogos4: 4:59am On Jul 12, 2013
The crisis in river state has nothing to do with jonathan, pls Soyinka and Falana mind your business?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Gbawe: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2013
This is why solutions are not forthcoming for Nigeria. The sad truth is that Nigerians, because many issues 'cloud' their thinking, are currently not good at discerning the problem let alone be able to demand adequate solutions from leaders. We have read everything on this thread.

The usual tribalism (Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani "hating on GEJ" ) and talks of "Amaechi's men started all this" plus other silly excuses. Yet, like a people in a trance, we have missed what is most important. I.e the fact that 5 legislators, as predicted by saharareporters, had the nerve to try and lawlessly impeach others in the majority by far !!!! Where is this happening in the world in this day and age? How many current similar examples can we Nigerians point to elsewhere outside our border to show we are not alone in madness? Do we not know what is going on between GEJ, his wife and Ameachi for some to now pretend it is not obvious who is behind the agenda motivating the brazen show of lawlessness and wanton impunity seen from these 5 gangsters legislators?

Yet, because of clannish and localised pettiness, some do not seem to care we now host another event that shames Nigeria as a place where negative and obsolete conduct thrives when all civilised societies have shunned those 'throwback' ways. Who, out of all of us here, is dumb enough not to appreciate that the nuances of power play in Nigeria means that this 5 legislators would not be doing this without support from authority greater than that of the Governor they are trying to bother with illegal and unconstitutional actions?

It is not Rocket Science people. We all know Nigeria. If we had a disciplined and sincere President in place, no one would dare attempt this under him unless he has empowered them to do so. Let us all be clear in noting that no one will carry out a blatantly illegal impeachment that has nil chance of standing and which, under a serious leader, would incur severe sanctions. All what we are doing here with these 'excuse posts' is practising deception and 'boju boju' with each other because we all have cheap broadband.

GEJ has polarised Nigeria and "common" sense now appears the rarest thing to demand from many Nigerians. Ultimately, one man is trying to ferment chaos everywhere for his own parochial agenda that does not even include good leadership of Nigeria or a brighter future for our children. If Nigerians were not so sectionally biased and ethnocentric, then it should be crystal clear that , as with most crisis Nigeria has seen under GEJ, it is those who are happily causing the problem who are also in the position to deliver solutions. This is why adequate solutions are never seen under this government when serious issues arises - whether fuel subsidy scam, Maina pension saga, clearly illegal impeachment imbroglio or anything else. All we get is Nollywood deception because , unfortunately for Nigeria, those charged with delivering solutions are also the root cause of the problem.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by true2god: 5:26am On Jul 12, 2013
Abagworo: Jonathan seems to have underestimated the power of track record. Like I predicted 2 days ago, any more attempt by Jonathan and his cohorts to disregard the voice of the masses will lead to a total shut down of Nigeria which will climax with the Army disobeying him.
Do u knw y Igbo man is the chief of army staff?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by true2god: 5:31am On Jul 12, 2013
ShyM-X:

Calling "PointB" intelligent is an insult to billions of intelligent people on this planet. Can't you see the guy labelled himself, Point-B, for a reason? Point-B is where re.tards go - Point-A is for the discerning minds.

When the same Wole Soyinka tore the Buhari man to shreds a few weeks ago, the same airheaded pointB was full of praises for him. However, now that the man is speaking the truth about the fedora hat wearing one, who feeds PointlessB with crumbs, he's back to what he knows how to do best. The guy is a clown! undecided
One of the reasons i love nairaland.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ChainBlinger: 5:53am On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Shut up! Mumu you now want to start feeling like you are more than the dirty brown turd that won't flush?
see mumu dey call person mumu. U nor wise oh!
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Am pissed angry Ogun the God of iron will bath with the blood of people that are bringing us down for their personal interests this country. They shall not leave to see the good of this land. They and their supporters shall be put to shame, our cry will go up to God and the Lord will cause sango the god of thunder to strike them down. Please say amen by clicking like.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ugoezeik(m): 6:31am On Jul 12, 2013
oyb: Front page sharp sharp
wat does ur front page gato do wit matter on d ground. R u ok?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ugoezeik(m): 6:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Clerverly: Jonathan is an evil man who is ready to trade Nigeria for his inordinate ambition. The ealier we stop him by any means the better for Nigeria and its furture generations. I wonder where he would run to after his tenure.
u r a cloun, get a drive to bamunder triangle n die dere
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2013
solomon111: I don't understand what the noise is all about.
The only criticism i see in the article is that GEJ is "silent" and for good reason.
what good reason? why will a president be silent over the affairs that is happening within his own country. I don't think it is logical enough. Even about the crisis in NGF he was silent too without uttering a word. Nigerian doesn't need a silent president b'cos it will cause more choas and harm if the president doesn't handle the issue immediately. A good leader should be someone is able to call an aggreived party together and try to resolve their differences but GEJ is not doing as expected of him. He should forget about his grievances with Amechi and resolve issues confronting the house so that peace will reign in the country. Another thing I noticed about the president is that whenever he initiate quarrel he travel out of the country so that pple will not suspect him, he has done that severally.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Ezigbo2010: 6:41am On Jul 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

If what Nigerians has been witnessing from 1999 till this moment is what they call democracy, then military regime is the best option.

What most third world country citizens mostly the Africans fail to know is that the democracy that is practiced in Africa is another means of colonization by the west. Our rulers are corrupt , they hide their loots in those countries , for this reason the western people are seizing it as an opportunity to hold them to ransom, you know when someone knows your secrets you won't have boldness to challenge him/her anymore. For the fear of being exposed they agree on anything they tell them to do.

Nigeria's democracy is the costliest one in the world since 1999, the fund which is supposed to be used judiciously for the development of the country is used to fund our democracy. Politicians and families are using the economy for their personal funding.

At least in the military regime we have less officials , even if they steal at least little remains for the country, but this GEJ led government remains nothing for the country, instead they keep on borrowing and fix the payment dates when they might have all died. So that the coming generation would be indebted to the western people who would still hold hostage.

Imagine Power Holding making billions of Naira for not rendering any services to the people, while we are hoping for power improvement, if, someone is payed for a non rendered services, then how would the person care to serve you again?

There are many points to back up the support for a military rule in Nigeria, Africa is not ripe enough for a true democracy. Both GEJ, and the opposition are the same people, you can change a party but party can never change you.

Any sincere military officer that have the interest of the Nigerians at heart can change this country, but hoping on GEJ or the opposition is just like taking an already dead child to the hospital. No one gives what he doesn't have. The forces that brought GEJ to power is more than his capability, he can't do anything because the political parties in Africa are dens of EVIL PEOPLE, who don't care about the masses.

I support the guy that suggested a patriotic, sincere, brave , young military officers to take over this civilian Hitlers we call politicians in the country and clean up the mess. What we witnessing now is the best time of GEJ. Mark my words.

There's a lot I want to say to this, but I will be brief.

I believe that the reason you think the way you do is because you are mainly focusing on the situation now, which I admit has been disastrous. However, if you're willing to see the bigger picture, you will see that Nigeria has been ruled by military regimes for most of its history, yet the plight of the common person only got worse.

I agree that a genuine transformation in Nigeria will require a group of people. But expecting military officers who are probably wealthy to change the plight of the common person will likely lead to disappointment. However, if the group is from the bottom, it may have the compassion and understanding to improve the individual person's standard of living because they've known what it's like to be poor and have nothing.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Skyloloprince(m): 6:56am On Jul 12, 2013
Only a foolish man will blame GEJ for dis rivers issue, very soon they will blame him for the issues in ther home,

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Maidoki14(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2013
Dats exactly what henry okah told him.where will run to?hmmmmmm. I wonder where he would run to after his tenure.
[/quote]
Clerverly: Jonathan is an evil man who is ready to trade Nigeria for his inordinate ambition. The ealier we stop him by any means the better for Nigeria and its furture generations. I wonder where he would run to after his tenure.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nicholas1800(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2013
egift: Anytime even is happening and the President is silent, He have a hand in it.

egift: Anytime even is happening and the President is silent, He have a hand in it.

the fact that he is silence is the greatest offence because he support, i guess to be the nation's chief security
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by blackbeau1(f): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2013
Gbawe:

I said this in the days before the 2011 elections. My utterances are still here in the archives. I stated, from all his direct actions and inactions, that GEJ is a "dangerous" man who is ready to ferment chaos to get his ways.

This is the same President who turned away while Gbenga Daniel attempted this same crude legislative gangsterism in Ogun State because he wanted a N100 billion retirement payoff bond the then speaker refused to sanction. Rather than for GEJ to deal with Daniel so a terrible precedence was not enshrined, Mr. President callously stuck a finger up at everyone and made OGD his SW election campaign coordinator !!!!

We also remember he instructed Ringim (former IGP) and Adoke-Bello to work together to secure the speedy releas of Teslim Folarin from a murder charge so he could be urgently flown to Abuja, courtesy of the Presidency, to deliver Oyo delegates needed to defeat Atiku.

Such antics, and many others, showed GEJ to be a callously cynical person whose opportunism and sheer desperation could be dangerous for Nigeria. We are seeing it all unravel now and I bet any money this is only the beginning of "don't give a damn" opportunistic behaviour for this ultra-desperate President.
Pls could you show me one Nigerian Politician who is not callous and opportunistic?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Ikpewe: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2013
ShyM-X:

Calling "PointB" intelligent is an insult to billions of intelligent people on this planet. Can't you see the guy labelled himself, Point-B, for a reason? Point-B is where re.tards go - Point-A is for the discerning minds.

When the same Wole Soyinka tore the Buhari man to shreds a few weeks ago, the same airheaded pointB was full of praises for him. However, now that the man is speaking the truth about the fedora hat wearing one, who feeds PointlessB with crumbs, he's back to what he knows how to do best. The guy is a clown! undecided
the 18 likes you got 4rm dis ur post is as a result of ur gud english not because of ur stupility u call critism.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by eightsin(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Why and for what reasons are people pointing at GEJ and his wife as the cause of what happened in river state? Could it be Simply because he has problems with amaechi ? Please whoever has concrete evidence to explain to me.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by eightsin(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2013
mgbeketoto: Gooooooooooooooooooo NORTHERNERS!

Sit in one corner and have a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, LAST LAUGH as the SOUTHERN IJJJIOTS tear themselves apart. . . !
ONE NIGERIA. . .ONE SOUTH-SOUTH!

Mu che che che che che che

Forget BOKO HARAM. . .those 'things' ain't NORTHERNERS OR NIGERIANS. . . but terrorists sponsored by GEJ FROM CHAD AND NIGER REPUBLIC! kiss
Are u a Nigerian? Please elaborate on what you have just written.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Sometimes when i go through your comments here i feel like weeping at your level of comprehension and understanding to political issues.

SMH

So you coward have to go use your alternate ID ? Why not just start weeping now till eternity? It's medicinal.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Ikpewe: the 18 likes you got 4rm dis ur post is as a result of ur gud english not because of ur stupility u call critism.

You reek of Otuoke schooling...

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

Ehn!? Mili - kini?!

Abeg park one syd jur.

Is either you came to this world after the military rule or you are a military-favoured person calling for it cos u know it'll will pay you well.

In this dispensation? Becuase we have problems, you want to plunge us back into everlasting siege of wickedness.

Are uniformed men trained to be better administrators?

All I'm saying is its better to FAIL forward than backward.

Military rule ain't an option, mo sorry GAN!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by sonnel: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2013
“I’m insulted by what is going on in Rivers State. We have been through this before. Soyinka should go n sit down.maybe one of those cultist are procduct of his invention.so why is he blaming Jonathan.Has he ever felt insulted with d actions of his secret cult?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by victorazy(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2013

Can u plz come front in the movement of stopping him " GEJ " grin grin grin u think say here na Egypt.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by halavoke: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2013
The social malaise in nigeria is political corruption. The structure of the country is such that there s an inbuilt Power struggle among the ethnic gps n of cos those who are in power alwys want to remain in power. The simplest n easiest way to retain it is to appeal to tribal sentiments. Both parties are corrupt are undemocratic n for all u who support a party or peson because of regional/tribal sentiments shame on u, pple like u have held us back rite from d 50's n all dis dovetailed to a horrible civil war n continued afta d war. A counrty where mediocrity (fed character) is placed above meritocracy can neva progress, its a FACT nt a curse.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Godmann(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

Believe me, you are close to the problem in Africa. But also remember that all our military officers are products of corruption. Are you aware of the recruitment process into the NDA or how the officers are promoted?

If you get to know these, you will weep for Africa. We are at a very difficult condition.

Anyhow, the first step towards the solution is as you have rightly done: recognising the source of the problem.

Welcome on board.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by johnwell(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2013
Garri the 1st: President Goodluck Jonathan is a BIG DISGRACE to himself, his family, his village, LGA, State and Nigeria.

GEJ is Satan's gift to Nigeria.

cool cool

It's a tragedy that the destiny of a great nation like Nigeria lies in the hands of a COMMON fisherman

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by iykology: 8:18am On Jul 12, 2013
PointB:

How would I blame you? You get easily carried away by the propaganda machine of the collective children of anger.
[color=#990000][/color]
Here is the President response to the crisis:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/rivers-pdp-crises-regrettable-jonathan/

But of course, you can never satisfy the world. I bet you know that already!
Damn!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mass Resignation Of Kogi State Political Appointees Imminent / Two Killed As Herdsmen Attack Amotekun Corps, Vigilantes In Oyo / Fani-Kayode: FBI Investigated Tinubu For Links To Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.