Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:26 PM

Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (27623 Views)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by emeckarsaybros: 8:19am On Jul 12, 2013
Its painful that the people defending the president in all these can't say anything meaningful or more also advice him to stay away from the state.all this problems fired up since the presidents wife visited that state.people who should teach hv empty brains in nigeria.its a pity.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by lawbabs: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2013
imagine this foolish Evans Bipi... who cannot even speak well, trying to impeach the governor at the command of Patience Jonathan. He even called her his Jesus Christ on earth @2:14. And some bigots will tell me that Goodluck and Patience Jonathan are not behind the whole fiasco in Rivers State...

watch and listen to @2:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsUBuTm9WE
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by eagleeye2: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2013
It's a pity these politicians seems to be unwittingly begging the military boys to come and take over.
GEJ, may feel secured in the fact that an Igbo man is the Chief of Army Staff, but he and other politicians shouldn't forget that in the face of Mutiny Ihejirika can do little or nothing.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by kolado(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2013
sonnel: “I’m insulted by what is going on in Rivers State. We have been through this before. Soyinka should go n sit down.maybe one of those cultist are procduct of his invention.so why is he blaming Jonathan.Has he ever felt insulted with d actions of his secret cult?
I feel ur pain but you ought to address the main issue instead of castigating soyinka.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by omo9ja1(m): 8:43am On Jul 12, 2013
I think Mr President is too quite on this matter, and he has allow his silence to send wrong signal out

Please remember 2015 is not far and these are the region you rely on to win if they are not united then the future for you is not certain

my one cent advice.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Fantacy1(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Can some1 please tell Jonathan 2 face the real tin and 4get all dis show of muscle...dis is a man I gave my vote. Y humilliate ursef?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by hoochay: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2013
johnwell:

It's a tragedy that the destiny of a great nation like Nigeria lies in the hands of a COMMON fisherman
how dear you my gej a common fisherman in bread day light?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2013
GEJ to Prof

"Prof are u a learner ? I SAY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!"
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by bigcycs: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2013
let us for a second forget the "disclaimer" issued on behalf of GEJ. there is no Gej supporter here who can honestly claim that Gej does not have a hand in this fracas without having a battle with his/her conscience.

did you people honestly expect the president to admit culpability in all this nonsense? surely not!! angry
his apologists on here are in gross denial. one may not necessarily have to instruct or order a fracas like this but ones actions/inactions in situations like this tells the bigger albeit silent story and the professor has stated the obvious, even if Gej did not instigate this drama,,he had already set up the dangerous precedent we are experiencing today as rightly stated by gbawe and these touts(there is none honorable about these men) carried out these drama emboldened by the presidents penchant for conveniently playing aloof when his interest is served.

of course there is the 'patience jonathan factor' and if 'faka' is involved then by extension 'oga' is involved as well.

most of us here are young men/women in our early to late 20s early 30s ,late 30s etc bottom line is we are youth and are not wiser than our elders it will do us good if we listen when wise old men speak especially men that wrote literature we grew up studying

if something is bad it is bad,politicizing it with all sorts of twisted logic is just wrong,

ps:i have said it here in the past, nigeria will never be better until a larger majority of the populace come to the awareness that they can actually be much better governed than they are at present and then rise to do something about it,
the goings on here on nairaland is a "microscopic take" on the state of the country at large( i believe most ethnic groups are adequately represented here on nairaland)

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2013
Garri the 1st: President Goodluck Jonathan is a BIG DISGRACE to himself, his family, his village, LGA, State and Nigeria.

GEJ is Satan's gift to Nigeria....

cool cool

.................WHICH THE NIGGERIANS HAPPILY ACCEPTED.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

If what Nigerians has been witnessing from 1999 till this moment is what they call democracy, then military regime is the best option.

What most third world country citizens mostly the Africans fail to know is that the democracy that is practiced in Africa is another means of colonization by the west. Our rulers are corrupt , they hide their loots in those countries , for this reason the western people are seizing it as an opportunity to hold them to ransom, you know when someone knows your secrets you won't have boldness to challenge him/her anymore. For the fear of being exposed they agree on anything they tell them to do.

Nigeria's democracy is the costliest one in the world since 1999, the fund which is supposed to be used judiciously for the development of the country is used to fund our democracy. Politicians and families are using the economy for their personal funding.

At least in the military regime we have less officials , even if they steal at least little remains for the country, but this GEJ led government remains nothing for the country, instead they keep on borrowing and fix the payment dates when they might have all died. So that the coming generation would be indebted to the western people who would still hold hostage.

Imagine Power Holding making billions of Naira for not rendering any services to the people, while we are hoping for power improvement, if, someone is payed for a non rendered services, then how would the person care to serve you again?

There are many points to back up the support for a military rule in Nigeria, Africa is not ripe enough for a true democracy. Both GEJ, and the opposition are the same people, you can change a party but party can never change you.

Any sincere military officer that have the interest of the Nigerians at heart can change this country, but hoping on GEJ or the opposition is just like taking an already dead child to the hospital. No one gives what he doesn't have. The forces that brought GEJ to power is more than his capability, he can't do anything because the political parties in Africa are dens of EVIL PEOPLE, who don't care about the masses.

I support the guy that suggested a patriotic, sincere, brave , young military officers to take over this civilian Hitlers we call politicians in the country and clean up the mess. What we witnessing now is the best time of GEJ. Mark my words.
You are a small kid
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by newtoneni(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2013
Wole soyinka should pls shut his dirty mouth you have no morale justification to critisize even the lest councillor in this project called NIGERIA. why are we celebrating this satanic icon. The last time i checked on him he is the G.O and Founder of SEA PIRATE a deadly cult group which gave birth to all other cult groups in the country. the Cidi llyord is a sea pirate he should call him to order pls. Prof OLE thief soyinka should emulate men like Prophet TB JOSHUA, Bishop D. oyedepo, Pastor E. Adeboye who are touching humanity positively instead of critisizing every Govt. on board... or you can go and after all you are old FooooL
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ATMCARD2(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Gbawe:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/11/rivers-assembly-fracas-soyinka-falana-slam-jonathan/
.If u were 2 b in GEJ's shoe,u wl do more than him.U dn't just pick ur device n post rubbish here.Amaechi wld hv settled or cleard air since even cal aggrievd memberz on a round table 2 trash tinz out but pride wldn't let hm,always seeking sympathy 4rm d masses.I c more crisis cmg on his way soon.Ask Okadigbo,Atiku etc hw far.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by kokoA(m): 9:30am On Jul 12, 2013
Ikpewe: the 18 likes you got 4rm dis ur post is as a result of ur gud english not because of ur stupility u call critism.
you lie.. The guy spoke the truth.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by McLuhan(m): 10:15am On Jul 12, 2013
smartchoice: Are there no brave and courageous men in the army any longer? What are they waiting for to rid us of this pestilence called democracy? It's getting too costly n inefficient.
they should just review petroleum price to 50naira n get refineries working including new ones, tackle power problem before handing power back to these ret.arded politicians!
Be careful what you wish for. Democracy is not to blame for the crisis in Rivers State, neither will military rule bring the good governance we need. The problem of Rivers State, as I see it, stems largely from the well-known arrogance and contumacy of a governor who, I fear, might soon be destroyed by his unbridled ego and ambition. On the other hand, I think the presidency could have handled this matter with greater circumspection. As the Ibibio proverb says, when a minor rash pretends to be a malignant tumour, it is better not to scratch it until it returns to its senses.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by eightsin(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2013
COOLDUN:

If what Nigerians has been witnessing from 1999 till this moment is what they call democracy, then military regime is the best option.

What most third world country citizens mostly the Africans fail to know is that the democracy that is practiced in Africa is another means of colonization by the west. Our rulers are corrupt , they hide their loots in those countries , for this reason the western people are seizing it as an opportunity to hold them to ransom, you know when someone knows your secrets you won't have boldness to challenge him/her anymore. For the fear of being exposed they agree on anything they tell them to do.

Nigeria's democracy is the costliest one in the world since 1999, the fund which is supposed to be used judiciously for the development of the country is used to fund our democracy. Politicians and families are using the economy for their personal funding.

At least in the military regime we have less officials , even if they steal at least little remains for the country, but this GEJ led government remains nothing for the country, instead they keep on borrowing and fix the payment dates when they might have all died. So that the coming generation would be indebted to the western people who would still hold hostage.

Imagine Power Holding making billions of Naira for not rendering any services to the people, while we are hoping for power improvement, if, someone is payed for a non rendered services, then how would the person care to serve you again?

There are many points to back up the support for a military rule in Nigeria, Africa is not ripe enough for a true democracy. Both GEJ, and the opposition are the same people, you can change a party but party can never change you.

Any sincere military officer that have the interest of the Nigerians at heart can change this country, but hoping on GEJ or the opposition is just like taking an already dead child to the hospital. No one gives what he doesn't have. The forces that brought GEJ to power is more than his capability, he can't do anything because the political parties in Africa are dens of EVIL PEOPLE, who don't care about the masses.

I support the guy that suggested a patriotic, sincere, brave , young military officers to take over this civilian Hitlers we call politicians in the country and clean up the mess. What we witnessing now is the best time of GEJ. Mark my words.

Do u stay in Nigeria? Have u witnessed any military regime?
I bet u, if u have...then you will value this freedom of speech you have among other things...
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by PointB: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=sonnel]“I’m insulted by what is going on in Rivers State. We have been through this before. Soyinka should go n sit down.maybe one of those cultist are procduct of his invention.so why is he blaming Jonathan.Has he ever felt insulted with d actions of his secret cult?[/quote]

hehehehe. But you do have a point.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Pataki: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
hoochay: how dear you my gej a common fisherman in bread day light?

This is really really past joke time. Are you a graduate or did you truly attend any school at all? Why do you lot enjoy murdering English in this appalling disgusting manner when defending the rancid brain leader we have as a President?

I don't know if you are trying to be sarcastic, but I find your English writing highly disgraceful and an annoying headache to my sane mind. Defending the foolish President is enough headache, poorly written English takes it to another level for me. Kindly desist from posting on this board. You are not adding to the integrity of Nigerians as being educated online!

Thanks for your cooperation.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by AminBestman(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2013
watch out 4 gej part 2 after 2015 if he lose nageria sori ,amechi most accomplis his vp meation if nt gej will make u c hell lik he did 2 james ibori, or is he the only former governor dat enbesure public eaund? Wear is iyabor, bankole, tafa balogu,lucky igbenedium,jurdge akume nd so on.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Dee60: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2013
When the leader of a country sees EVIL being perpetrated in broad day light and chooses not to condemn it (or chooses not to even comment), it means he has covertly approved of it! Simple.

We hear he has said something this morning, 3 good days after the act. That is not what a leader should do. There are too many signs of gross incompetence at the top of Nigeria.

May we never make the mistake of 2011 election again in Nigeria. Never again!

This is so shameful. It is indeed a pestilence as Soyinka has put it. In due course, we will see the manifestation of God's answers to our prayers to rid Nigeria of evil.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2013
Pataki:

This is really really past joke time. Are you a graduate or did you truly attend any school at all? Why do you lot enjoy murdering English in this appalling disgusting manner when defending the rancid brain leader we have as a President?

I don't know if you are trying to be sarcastic, but I find your English writing highly disgraceful and an annoying headache to my sane mind. Defending the foolish President is enough headache, poorly written English takes it to another level for me. Kindly desist from posting on this board. You are not adding to the integrity of Nigerians as being educated online!

Indeed.....it's a shame that such fellow can have access to this Forum...I saw his post..I ignored it because I was just too ashamed to be sharing the same forum board with such person.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by omonnakoda: 11:35am On Jul 12, 2013
Pataki:

shut up are you English police
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ddeola: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2013
Shame on you GEJ. You have failed
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Pataki: 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
shut up are you English police

Sod off you irritating gerbil. Follow the rule of this forum, if proper English is beyond you, get the hell out of here! This goes for you and your fellow illiterates desecrating this intellectual forum with pathetic and appalling English writing.

Please Observe The Following Rules:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by COOLDUN: 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ezigbo2010:

There's a lot I want to say to this, but I will be brief.

I believe that the reason you think the way you do is because you are mainly focusing on the situation now, which I admit has been disastrous. However, if you're willing to see the bigger picture, you will see that Nigeria has been ruled by military regimes for most of its history, yet the plight of the common person only got worse.

I agree that a genuine transformation in Nigeria will require a group of people. But expecting military officers who are probably wealthy to change the plight of the common person will likely lead to disappointment. However, if the group is from the bottom, it may have the compassion and understanding to improve the individual person's standard of living because they've known what it's like to be poor and have nothing.

My dear, i understand your point very well, yes the military dominated the length of leadership in Nigeria quite well, with less achievement because if you check the back ground of the past leaders both military and civilian you would see that they are the same click , with the same devilish and un productive ideologies , greedy and selfish people.

If you can calculate it well you would see that the majority of the thieves are in the civilian regimes, life was much better during the days of the military regime than now, though they were corrupt too, but not like what we have from 1999 till this moment.

There are still young, intelligent, patriotic and well educated junior military officers in the country. I don't mean the pot bellies and business men in the uniform, i don't mean the boys scout and boy brigade generals. I mean those who refused to be corrupted by the Corruption itself IBB, i mean those who are suffering like me and other Nigerians.

We blamed the military ex leaders as half/un educated fellows, only to paralize the country in the hand of the so called Phd holder, for those of you crying now in Nigeria, this is better days in the hands of GEJ, i supported him with all my heart thinking that he would chance the country but now i know that every cultist is as heartless as the devil itself.

I will be very glad if God can hear my cry and send a junior , serious and caring revolutionist military officer to clean this mess. Nigerians can never take this country back from these evil men, because the country is badly divided, while the majority are contented with nothing.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by DerideGull(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria’s main problem is threefold in the manners of tribal bias, insincerity and praise singer. How could any reasonable person blame someone else over the political crisis in Rivers State? Every politics is local and Rivers State is no exception.

Any state governor involved in suspension of elected local government councilors has no place in democracy. Ingrates such as Rotimi Amaechi should be thrown out of Nigeria along with his supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Favormi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is so shameful to this country... Am not seeing any impact if this man called Jonathan on Nigeria..... Things are not going well ever since he became the president of this country.... Can we even say we have a ruler at all? He's just a head with no ambitions... Only God can help us in Nigeria. Always from fry pan to fire.This is so shameful to this country... Am not seeing any impact if this man called Jonathan on Nigeria..... Things are not going well ever since he became the president of this country.... Can we even say we have a ruler at all? He's just a head with no ambitions... Only God can help us in Nigeria. Always from fry pan to fire.This is so shameful to this country... Am not seeing any impact if this man called Jonathan on Nigeria..... Things are not going well ever since he became the president of this country.... Can we even say we have a ruler at all? He's just a head with no ambitions... Only God can help us in Nigeria. Always from fry pan to fire.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by NovusHomo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Will no one rid Nigeria of this pestilence?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by kolado(m): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
hoochay: how dear you my gej a common fisherman in bread day light?
You reek of otuoke schooling.....nawao you can't write simple english.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by PEREP: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
There are sympatizers to the course of Mr President when it comes to the perceived ambition of Amaechi . Ifound it amuzing thatt99% of comments exonerated onthis thread does not see anything wrong in the Governor's aide beating up an elected lawmaker. It is no sin for the Pro-Amaechi lawmaker to have smashed the maze on another lawmaker's head but it is GROSS sin for the president to show his displeasure about the actions of Amaechi even if he slap him over and over again.
I keep wondering what Tinubu will do if Fashola had come forward to support the State of Emergency against the stand of ACN and went further to have a meeting with the President thereafter.

Okay oh!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Lagos Calabar Rail Controversy: What everyone should know / IGP Idris Shuns National Assembly; Visits Governor El-Rufai Instead (Photos) / Why I Will Vote for GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.