Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action (14164 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by masterdre: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
The Senate President, David Mark, on Thursday threatened to refer a Senator to the chamber’s disciplinary committee- an indirect warning of suspension; after the lawmaker accused Mr. Mark of tampering with Wednesday’s vote that sought punishment for Rivers State police chief over the crisis rocking the state.

Mr. Mark ordered the lawmaker, Babajide Omoworare, to either apologize for his remarks to the media on Wednesday in which he claimed the result of the vote was manipulated, or face the Senate Committee on Ethics and Public Complaints.

After a demurring briefly, Mr. Omoworare, apparently seeking to escape the hammer, capitulated. He apologized, and claimed he was misquoted in the news report.

Read details here: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140774-david-mark-threatens-senator-with-disciplinary-action-after-being-accused-of-rigging-rivers-crisis-vote.html
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fuji house of comotion. So senate do rig internal election in 9ja?

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by baby124: 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
How can a senator who was elected by his people be suspended by mark Let me check the constitution. maybe Mark is confusing the power he has. This is why senators are not appointed. The only suspension Omoworare can get is if they are same party.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by CallmeJKLUE(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ko
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Enegod(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2013
Fear fear senator from my west side grin. We know say nah only mouth them get...Small gra gra always gets them capitulated!

21 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by free2ryhme: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2013
Dem no get mind before nah...

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by aventura: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2013
I swear newspaper go dey sell this days. News full ground yakata. Gbawe, what's the latest on Amaechi case.

As Gbawe is talking, jarus prepare the sports update I need the latest on Gareth Bale. grin grin grin cool

4 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by biafranqueen: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2013
That's good he apologized
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by KGB2008: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2013
APC Noise makers

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by AbuMikey(m): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2013
All these Political brouhaha grin nor dey finish

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by ewet: 9:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Okoro2015: Fear fear senator from my west side grin. We know say nah only mouth them get...Small gra gra always gets them capitulated!

so they shuld start hackig themselves with the mace like your honourable rascally militants of rivers state. B4 you realise tht a senator is a distinguished citizen of the federal rep of NIGERIA and shuld be civil at all times and decorum must be sought in the hallowed chambers.

You savage brute,who wuld have bin beta off living in caves or on trees!

16 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by kwaraguy(m): 9:41am On Jul 12, 2013
He don afologise ko?
Gbam!
Lobatan
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by nerodenero: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2013
Only God can deliver Rotimi Amaechi's Rivers state.
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2013
Smh at Nigeria. I am just tired and speechless.
I refuse to give up shah
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by BetaThings: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Okoro2015: Fear fear senator from my west side grin. We know say nah only mouth them get...Small gra gra always gets them capitulated!
Senator Arthur Nzeribe was also suspended when he was in the senate!
FACT
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by 1MCN: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2013
I watched the live proceeding of the session on the tv and I was shocked with the way the Senator made that allegation in a very reprehensibly irresponsible manner even when he hadn't substantive prove for his claim.
But, anyway, our democracy is evolving (I still thank the administration in power for allowing so much public stakeholder participation and not attempting to muffle contrary views and opinions). Now our leaders are learning that things must be done transparently and that they're accountable to some people out there. Let the metamorphosis go on, with all the hysteria and endothermic effects it generates (apologies to Physics scholars for using their terms).

4 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by ninja4life(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Lol d man no get liver why him dey do shakara b4.ijiot

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Kingspin(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Some anti jona in the national assembly will want to have there own share of the rivers crises.we understand the Nigeria way of politics..and individual or group interest is likely to be playing.

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by frankyychiji(f): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2013
grin my yeruba kinsman can fear.. Ejoor sir! Ejooor. by d way where is gbawe n saint black? dnt tell me its ramadan tins

4 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2013
ewet:

so they shuld start hackig themselves with the mace like your honourable rascally militants of rivers state. B4 you realise tht a senator is a distinguished citizen of the federal rep of NIGERIA and shuld be civil at all times and decorum must be sought in the hallowed chambers.

You savage brute,who wuld have bin beta off living in caves or on trees!

You don't need to vent your frustration in the open. Better apologise to your ex and pray for a second chance. There's nothing for you in the wild where you are. What makes your senator distinguished when he runs his mouth without facts and buckles at first subtle confrontation?

3 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by genxris: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
Senator David Mark is a very matured,calculated and careful leader and he took the best position on the Rivers state house crises even though the pro-amechi supporters in d senate wanted to blow the situation out of the proportion it is already at, just like the Tambuwal led house of represenatives hurridely did without thinking properly.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by anonimi: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2013
1MCN: I watched the live proceeding of the session on the tv and I was shocked with the way the Senator made that allegation in a very reprehensibly irresponsible manner even when he hadn't substantive prove for his claim.
But, anyway, our democracy is evolving (I still thank the administration in power for allowing so much public stakeholder participation and not attempting to muffle contrary views and opinions). Now our leaders are learning that things must be done transparently and that they're accountable to some people out there. Let the metamorphosis go on, with all the hysteria and endothermic effects it generates (apologies to Physics scholars for using their terms).

The highlighted portion is why Jonathan is way better than OBJoke etc who INTERVENE in every small thing rather than allow our democracy evolve.
Those who like their AUTOCRATIC, baba sope leaders confound this good attitude as weakness.
SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by genxris: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Without trying to sound tribal,i really have to say that our brothers from the south west are very good at talking,claiming right always and good at igniting wild fire which when it start burning they will quickly retreat and allow others to be consumed by the burning fire.
I am trying to say a average youruba man has a chiken - liverd heart but when u meet him or her fronting for a fight, he will be d first to jump up and down,scream,remove his shirt from body (the women will tie their head scarf in the waist) and try to intimidate their opponet with curses etc but wont be able to bite after all the gra-gra
it's not meant to be a insult,it's my observation

10 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
BetaThings:
Senator Arthur Nzeribe was also suspended when he was in the senate!
FACT

Exactly what I mean. You fight for what you believe to reasonable conclusion. Arthur is not lily-livered like ur bro.

2 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by size38: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2013
Ya, d yorubas are known for too much gara-gara. But wit little liver. If that senator happens to come from d north, he will maitain his stand without fear. I read online several times where senators, governors and politicians from d north even openly abuse their colleague, even upto GEJ. Without anytin happening to them. Eg, we all know how Tambuwal d speaker attends every invitation from d opposition party with attracting any punishment from d party or presidency.

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Dprinzcolection: 11:09am On Jul 12, 2013
Nothing wey person nor go hear
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2013
masterdre: ... Mr. Mark ordered the lawmaker, Babajide Omoworare, to either apologize for his remarks to the media on Wednesday in which he claimed the result of the vote was manipulated, or face the Senate Committee on Ethics and Public Complaints.

After a demurring briefly, Mr. Omoworare, apparently seeking to escape the hammer, capitulated. He apologized, and claimed he was misquoted in the news report.....

Senator Babajide Omoworare, that's what happens when you mouth off without evidence. If you had proof the result was manipulated, you should have tendered or put it on youtube. People really need to stop mouthing off their biased opinion as FACT.

1 Like

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Wyzdum: 11:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Irresponsible leader. Hw can he make such unguarded statement @ dis critical tym in matter affectin Rivers State. This is the type dat fuel problem in Rivers, he sud be investigated.
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by Youngtekkey(m): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2013
see this chicken liver fellow i think say he fit stand on his words ni ole ole ole ole ole ole ole small matter e don dey urinate for body
Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by 2rutalk1: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2013
Tribal sentiments apart. An average Yoruba man knows how to ignite a fight but will never participate when the fight erupts. I have many of them in the office. If you mistakenly agree with a Yoruba man to fight for your right in the office even when he initiated it, be rest assured that you are on your own (OYO) when the issue gets messier. They will quietly withdraw like a cold water. They are completely unreliable and chicken-levered.

11 Likes

Re: David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action by kaze4blues(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2013
He apologized because he knows he is @ fault.

At least he wasn't claiming to be right when reverse is d Case like our brother jonah jang.

Good one from him....

Yorubas always know when to stand down from an argument unlike our Igbo brothers who find it difficult to read the writings on the wall and would later blame another man for their woes

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Sues Segalink, Demands N3bn Compensation For 'Defamation' / No Single Fulani Leader Was Questioned By El-Rufai Despite Killings –SOKAPU / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.