Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:04 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (517280 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pondeck: 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
Take a bus to Oshodi, enter Onyingbo ask for Mainland Hotel, behind the hotel you will see the Honda village
joungblood:
Hello room, please i want to go to Oyingbo, I hear it is Honda car parts village, but I don't really know where it's located, my Google map dey show me say na island he dey and someone dey yell me say na around yaba side.. Please help with the location, I'm coming from sango ota, passing through toll gate agbado.. Also, can I get good Honda parts and mechanic at ladipo? Just incase I can't go to the Oyingbo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
I'll actually be driving

Pondeck:
Take a bus to Oshodi, enter Onyingbo ask for Mainland Hotel, behind the hotel you will see the Honda village
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
*2020 MTN Science & Technology Scholarship Scheme For Nigeria Undergraduates* Is out
Value: ₦200,000.00
*Deadline:* July 21, 2020
*APPLY HERE:* https://www.mtnonline.com/scholarships/
*Students studying the following courses can Apply;*
• Agricultural Science
• Architecture
• Communication Technology
• Computer & Electronics
• Computer & Information Science
• Computer Science & Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics And Electronics Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics, Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mathematics
• Mechanical Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Physics Engineering, Physics/Computational Modeling
• Pure/Applied Physics
• Statistics & Computer Science
• Industrial Mathematics
• Civil Engineering
• Bio-Medical Engineering
*• and any other related courses*
*Deadline:* July 21, 2020
*APPLY HERE:* https://www.mtnonline.com/scholarships/

APPLY NOW & SHARE TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sualcatnas(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
What brand of car is it? Volkswagen/Audi group cars? I can help.

Pondeck:
Goodday everyone, I need help.
My car keeps stopping on motion, sometimes when I don't accelerate because of traffic, it goes off.
I have changed the fuel pump severally, can it be throttle actuator??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by revived: 12:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Blackbishop:

The car is a good buy sir, the only ish with it is the parts availability.

Okay boss thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fabbyking: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2020
Hello house, nice job pls I need advice on the battery to buy for my Mercedes c200 2002, 75amp Korea or 100amp korea or any good brand?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by megacontrol(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2020
Hello people,

I need help troubleshooting a possible electrical fault in a 2012 HONDA PILOT.

Vehicle suddenly starts to drain battery life rapidly.
Day 1:
- Vehicle worked perfectly okay the day before and was parked but failed to start in the morning.
- Got a battery (battery #2) to jump-start and drove for about 1hr to destination. I returned to the vehicle after about 3hrs and it failed to start.
- Got another battery (battery #3) to jump start, drove home and parked it till next day.

Day 2:
- Sent my battery (battery #1) for charging and hired a battery (battery #4) to use for the period. Installed rented battery, drove about 30mins to destination, turned off engine, returned to vehicle about 20mins later and it wouldn't start. ignition lights comes on but wouldn't start.
- Removed the rented battery and started the car with a borrowed battery (battery #5), disconnected the leads while engine running (to test alternator) and it didn't go off - Alternator okay?
- Put back the hired battery (#4) and drove the vehicle home, disconnected the leads and parked overnight.

Day 3:
- Put back the leads, battery terminal sparking indicating battery power, dashboard lights comes on but still wouldn't start.

I think i may have eliminated alternator and battery as the issue and may have other electrical problem.
Is this correct by the steps outlined above?
Is there other steps I could perform to ascertain the problem?

Any recommendation for someone to help with electrical fault diagnosis.

Vehicle is in Lekki-Ajah axis.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carfreak966: 9:48am On Jun 23, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello people,

Day 1:
- Vehicle worked perfectly okay the day before and was parked but failed to start in the morning.
- Got a battery (battery #2) to jump-start and drove for about 1hr to destination. I returned to the vehicle after about 3hrs and it failed to start.
- Got another battery (battery #3) to jump start, drove home and parked it till next day.

Day 2:
- Sent my battery (battery #1) for charging and hired a battery (battery #4) to use for the period. Installed rented battery, drove about 30mins to destination, turned off engine, returned to vehicle about 20mins later and it wouldn't start. ignition lights comes on but wouldn't start.
- Removed the rented battery and started the car with a borrowed battery (battery #5), disconnected the leads while engine running (to test alternator) and it didn't go off - Alternator okay?
- Put back the hired battery (#4) and drove the vehicle home, disconnected the leads and parked overnight.

Day 3:
- Put back the leads, battery terminal sparking indicating battery power, dashboard lights comes on but still wouldn't start.

I think i may have eliminated alternator and battery as the issue and may have other electrical problem.

Thanks

That issue is peculiar to also 04- 07 pilots. My neighbor always borrows my battery
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Autospray123(m): 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hi everyone
Kimsy autos spray painting is one of the best leading automotive business in Nigeria which provides the best Auto servicing, Air Conditioning,Auto repairs,Auto bake and Auto pimping....
We are here to protect you from EXPLOITATIONS from road side mechanics, INFERIOR AUTO PARTS and SERVICING at an affordable price and quality service of international standard..
don't let ignorance ruin you of your hard earned money to all these people who will want to deprive you of the best services for your autos My workshop is suitated 92 Gbadamosi Street, Ojodu Berger, Lagos State..
For more information

Contact
Kimsy Auto Spray
Paint

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lookingfly: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Does using AC in car zap fuel?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carfreak966: 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
lookingfly:

Yes
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Blackbishop(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
lookingfly:

Boss not really except some selected cases
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lookingfly: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss not really except some selected cases
in what case pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lookingfly: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2020
Carfreak966:

Yes
why pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2020
My engine stalls at idle or low speed sometimes, and will start immediately I turn it back on without hesitation, what could be the culprit please any help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
nonhuman:
My engine stalls at idle or low speed sometimes, and will start immediately I turn it back on without hesitation, what could be the culprit please any help
Try give people make the model year of car 4 them to reply to you

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello people,

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Thanks
Parasitic drain,easy DIY step to catch the rat,hook up a voltmeter whilst car is switched off and remove fuses one by one, relay one by one, takes time but trust me, you will get to the area chopping your battery power grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lordkobes: 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hi All, please were can I get good chevrolet aveo hatchback parts in lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Malix: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pls how much can I get Honda pilot(2004) engine?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Carfreak966: 12:37am On Jun 27, 2020
Malix:
Pls how much can I get Honda pilot(2004) engine?

Na wertin make me no buy the car because of engine issues and battery failure
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by wyse24(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2020
Hello house.
I am trying to change my toyota corolla 2003 I bought as used in February. I just would like to upgrade.

My budget is 2m Please, any suggestion for my budget?
Preferably, Toyota or Lexus.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sKeetz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
KingCassy:

Still waiting guys

Did you find one? Im not in enugu but i need a mechanic to service my car in enugu.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by phemolala07(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lordkobes:
Hi All, please were can I get good chevrolet aveo hatchback parts in lagos

Ojuelegba
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5967457/2003-2008-toyota-matrix-pontiac-vibe#91346450

Tokumbo unabused 2003-2008 Toyota matrix /Pontiac vibe dashboard wiring harness, fuse box, fuse panel, relays and fuses and sockets available for sale.

For more inquiries, purchase, contact 07034581213
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2020
yungboss:

lol, ikenna before you know it, the thread will go southwards the regular cartalk...you are going to have alot of work here hidng posts. But well done bro, i like the room.
2005 Infiniti G35 i vs '97 e36 M3, which is better, in terms of fun to drive, ride handling and performance? Anyone knows?
The E36 M3 has a better handling and performance but the G35 is more fun to drive because of the ride quality (suspension, less road noise, more comfortable sports like seats). The G35 is also way cheaper than acquiring an E36 M3 just because it is japanese. The G35 also consumes less fuel. I would advice you go for the G35 except you just want to keep an E36 M3 for a long time because it has very much higher value than the 2005 G35.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2020
nonhuman:
Why do I have to really force my gear lever before it could engage the Drive, but the reverse neutral and park are just normal, but when I shift to Drive it will show neutral until I force it, and I che k my flood level it was on hot position what will I do
If the fluid level is on hot then you should guage it. It might also be that your gear shifter needs servicing. It could be that there is something obstructing the movement into the D position. What car is it ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nonhuman(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Aside leg pull what other known issues does Honda accord of 2004 to 2006 has
And does the leg pull in motion while is speed,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ibbkiddsx: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello gurus

I want to change the engine oil of my Toyota 4runner 06.

Can I use 20W-50 instead of the 5W-30 recommend by Toyota
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by double3(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
ibbkiddsx:
Hello gurus

I want to change the engine oil of my Toyota 4runner 06.

Can I use 20W-50 instead of the 5W-30 recommend by Toyota
What have u been using in the past??

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.