Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521805 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Jimraz4: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2021
Hello Guys,
Am planning to buy a Toyota Corolla a.k.a Small but mighty from a neighbour next week, I need little ideas and knowledge about the car.

What are the major issues to be expected with this kind of car?
Maintenance tips for the car like type of engine oil for service.
Is the car worth the price 650k, though the body is still very clean and engiene well maintained by the previous owner.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MrCarter577(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Advice needed:

My car is quite low and I use it for Uber., I have lost one fog light, broken bumper and my exhaust pulled. Is it advisable to raise a corolla sport a little bit? I love the balance of this car when I'm driving 120km/h. I hope it won't affect the balance if raised a bit?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SoftChordz: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
My Toyota Camry started blowing smoke every morning when I start it, after few seconds it stops smoke and just blows steam like a is supposed to. it won't blow any smoke for the rest of the day until I park it over night and next morning it will do same thing so I scanned my Toyota Camry 2003 and it showing me these two problems.. how do I fix it?

The scanner shows P0037 and P0171 after I scanned it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by megacontrol(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2021
Happy Eid people,

Pls I'm in need of a good car upholstery guy. I need to replace a cracked dashboard in an SUV.

I'm on the island but can send the vehicle to other location if the quality of job is worth it.

Any referral will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Inkredible(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
How well does LexusIS250 hold up in Nigeria?

Any common/major issues associated with this model?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bbeckky: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Pls house advise me on acura mdx 2005, any issues with this model? Any cons and/or pros .. I will really appreciate your help on this because i have been trying to get a Nigerian used car but I'm also trying to be careful as this will be my 1st car. Pls help a soul
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 1:50am On Jul 22, 2021
Inkredible:
How well does LexusIS250 hold up in Nigeria?

Any common/major issues associated with this model?

Low ground clearance, don’t drive in any flooded area. And the most important are you ready for police stopping you every time they sight your car. Because they assume that car belongs to G boys especially if you’re young and dress flashy. I’m typing this from experience here in the SS.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ajaytobey24: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
Am having issues with my Honda civic 2006.
The car will start normal bt after moving for like 25 minutes, the car won't move well again and the D light will be blinking and it will jst be moving slowly

And also consuming fuel in the process..
Over to the gurus in the house pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HottieCoach(f): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
MrCarter577:
Advice needed:

My car is quite low and I use it for Uber., I have lost one fog light, broken bumper and my exhaust pulled. Is it advisable to raise a corolla sport a little bit? I love the balance of this car when I'm driving 120km/h. I hope it won't affect the balance if raised a bit?

if you mean business with E-hailing ,
i advice you remove all the padding and become a regular corolla.
You do not have the luxury of time to worry about aesthetic failure in your line of work.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gazzuzz and other ogas!!!

Please, is it advisable to buy Pontiac Vibe for Uber purposes?

Any cons? lipsrsealed

2006 to be precise.

And is it better than Hyundai Elantra 2008 for same Uber purpose?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hupo: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2021
Hello Guys,

Is it possible to do a change of vehicle ownership for a vehicle with Abia State plate number here in Lagos.

Also, the initial owner, when he was contacted said did not obtain a proof of ownership for the car but has the CMR papers.

Please your ideas on this will be very useful.

Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cejo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello gurus here. I am considering buying a V6 2003 Acura MDX naija neatly used as claimed,d owner has many other cars, decided selling 3 of his cars including this. Please anyone here who has used the car before should share his or her experience with me. How reliable is it in terms of fuel economy compared to other SUV's. And are its spare parts easily available & affordable in the market? Also what are the common faults associated with the car.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
cejo:
Hello gurus here. I am considering buying a V6 2003 Acura MDX naija neatly used as claimed,d owner has many other cars, decided selling 3 of his cars including this. Please anyone here who has used the car before should share his or her experience with me. How reliable is it in terms of fuel economy compared to other SUV's. And are its spare parts easily available & affordable in the market? Also what are the common faults associated with the car.

Be wary of the AC condition.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9icetoo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
cejo:
1. Ask him if he has replaced the radiator. If he hasn't consider replacing it after purchase.
2. Make sure you test the transmission very well. Scan for transmission error codes.
3. Engine is sturdy.
4. Forget fuel economy. It's an SUV with a v6 engine. It was tuned for performance and not fuel economy.
5. Check the rear suspension and ensure the bushings and links are in good shape else you will buy a car with k legs. smiley
6. Ac is just like every other car. If its working, fine, if it's not, factor that into the bargain for the car.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cejo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
9icetoo:

1. Ask him if he has replaced the radiator. If he hasn't consider replacing it after purchase.
2. Make sure you test the transmission very well. Scan for transmission error codes.
3. Engine is sturdy.
4. Forget fuel economy. It's an SUV with a v6 engine. It was tuned for performance and not fuel economy.
5. Check the rear suspension and ensure the bushings and links are in good shape else you will buy a car with k legs. smiley
6. Ac is just like every other car. If its working, fine, if it's not, factor that into the bargain for the car.

Thanks u @9icetoo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cejo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2021
aboyaji:

Be wary of the AC condition.

Thanks will confirm d AC condition B4 making commitment..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bbeckky: 5:46am On Aug 01, 2021
bbeckky:
Pls house advise me on acura mdx 2005, any issues with this model? Any cons and/or pros .. I will really appreciate your help on this because i have been trying to get a Nigerian used car but I'm also trying to be careful as this will be my 1st car. Pls help a soul
so sad nobody has ever replied any help I asked for on this thread and I see others getting help here embarassed

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaseunla(m): 8:29am On Aug 01, 2021
bbeckky:
so sad nobody has ever replied any help I asked for on this thread and I see others getting help here embarassed

Ensure you do a proper pre purchase inspection to ensure you don't buy an abused unit. You should be fine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by funlover1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2021
My Acura MDX 2004 experienced overheating and the mechanic decided we needed to change the radiator, we did that and everything was fine. But after then, I noticed the car won't start/crank easily. I initially thought it was battery but even after driving for several hours (after which the battery should have been charged enough) same thing was still happening.

I got a rewire who said it was the kick starter, we repaired the kick started but situation was the same. Then the mechanic recommended by the rewire discovered that oil was mixing with the oil, the oil was milky and the spark plug head was somehow wet.

This pointed to a bad gasket according to him.The mechanic changed the plug and after that the car cranked when we started it but that was the only time, the next morning it didn't crank ( just like it was doing before).

Now we have changed the gasket ,changed the oil but the car still won't crank.

The mechanic says we should change all the coil ( 6 of them) , he seems so confident that the car will work of we do that but I feel he is just doing trial and error.

Experts, kindly advise on what to do.

I am based in Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bbeckky: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2021
oluwaseunla:

Ensure you do a proper pre purchase inspection to ensure you don't buy an abused unit. You should be fine.
Thanks a lot for your advice, God bless u.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LebanonCedars2(m): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning fellow Nlders,

Kindly help me with my Toyota Sienna 2006 model.

I realised that when I remove my leg from the gas pedal, the accelerator doesn't return. It keeps at it until I push it up with my leg.

I noticed this a couple of days ago. My mechanic doesn't seem to know what to do.

Please how do I fix this problem?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2021
LebanonCedars2:
Good morning fellow Nlders,

Kindly help me with my Toyota Sienna 2006 model.

I realised that when I remove my leg from the gas pedal, the accelerator doesn't return. It keeps at it until I push it up with my leg.

I noticed this a couple of days ago. My mechanic doesn't seem to know what to do.

Please how do I fix this problem?

Look for a mechanic that can loose the pedal and check the spring in it if it's still good.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LebanonCedars2(m): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
seanfer:

Look for a mechanic that can loose the pedal and check the spring in it if it's still good.

Alright. Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by envarmp(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good Morning House.

I want to get my FIRST CAR this month.
I’d be driving in Lagos.
I’ve never used a car so I don’t have much experience with cars.
I do not want a Sedan, I prefer an SUV.

MY BUDGET IS 2M
(Please Feel free to make suggestions above this budget, I’d greatly appreciate)

My consideration is the HONDA CR-V 2007 or 2008

I’d really appreciate experienced suggestions.
Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EHI9ICE(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
bbeckky:

Bro, have you purchased the Acura already?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mcval(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Please House. Anyone with an idea of the current prices of the engine and gear of a Nissan Armada?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dododawa01: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2021
MrCarter577:
Advice needed:

Buy tire 205/70/R15 and u will be okay and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MrCarter577(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2021
Dododawa01:

Buy tire 205/70/R15 and u will be okay and thank me later

Thank You. I appreciate!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ManyPlugs: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2021
Sendbrief App for Auto dealers.

Sendbrief App enables you share messages/brief that contain video content and images with your clients and customers using a single link.

To download app visit www.sendbrief.com

Available on Android, coming soon on ios.

Get In Here If You Are An Auto Dealer by ManyPlugs: 3:20pm
Sendbrief App for Auto dealers.

Sendbrief App enables you share messages/brief that contain video content and images with your clients and customers using a single link.

To download app visit www.sendbrief.com

Available on Android, coming soon on ios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grKBdE48TI
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9wila: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
Check out also the 2021 Fantastic Volkswagen tiguan

https://www.wilatech.com/2021/03/the-fantastic-volkswagen-tiguan-2021.html
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by payne4real(m): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello house,
I just got a US used tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2006 limited edition. I want to know the best oil (engine, steering etc) to use. I also want to know the best way to maintain the car and the likely issues I can encounter.
Thanks for your prompt response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.