Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:57 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (517255 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dahreformer2666: 9:52pm On May 17, 2022
Good evening house, please I have an urgent issue that needed urgent attention. I noticed there's an oil leak in my car , I wasn't sure at first but I finally checked underneath the protector today and I noticed the oil is actually leaking
Here comes my problem, I took it to my mechanic and explained the issued with my Car, after checking for hours, he wasn't able to find where the leakage is coming from
2. So, he opened the bonnet , and check every part until he said the oil might be leaking from the Turbo side, note, he wasn't sure and he had to call someone to seek their opinion about it. The next thing the person said was my turbo is spoilt, like how ( note , the person diagnosed on phone, like he wasn't present)
3. Note. The car still works fine, just the ony issues is where to check for oil leakage , they're talking as if buying a new turbo engine is beans Please, what can I do .. The car works fine , the speed and everything is okay , just the oil leaking part , that's giving me concern, Please what did you suggest I do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amannason: 11:54pm On May 17, 2022
Hello, my Honda Cross-tur 2014 developed a gear fault, which I did repaired it the first time it happened, but the mechanic said it was the gear changer that needed to be changed which I did, now the same problem has occurred again. If I'm driving the D sign will be blinking and it will be jerkin. Pls what should I do? It's really cursing me sleepless nights.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fbmatt09: 9:30am On May 18, 2022
Please I need your opinion on this,
Recently I changed the fuel pump for Camry 05,
Since then I discovered the car started consuming fuel anyhow.
3k fuel doesn't last for 2days at all

Please what can be the reason.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyfada(m): 11:12pm On May 18, 2022
Technically 3k feel is not much when u look at d traffic on d Road n using AC with ur car if u do uber or bolt. Then again all these fuel station cheat us. There are some 3k u will buy at some fuel station that will last u for days and some that you will buy it won't even carry a trip before it drains. So may not be d fuel pump you changed.
Fbmatt09:
Please I need your opinion on this,
Recently I changed the fuel pump for Camry 05,
Since then I discovered the car started consuming fuel anyhow.
3k fuel doesn't last for 2days at all

Please what can be the reason.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amannason: 11:28pm On May 18, 2022
2005 Corolla Sport For Sale

I have an 05 TOYOTA COROLLA for sale.

Contact info: 09084767491

Direct Belgium.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trinity33(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
Hello everyone, beautiful afternoon.
Please i need help, my 2008 toyota camry is having some issues for some months now, after driving a while the fire goes down below 1 on the speed meter, it starts to jerk but dosent go off, if my Machanic works on it, it will resolve for a period of about 2 weeks and it comes up again. Then i also notice the oil shortage, was told it was the oil seal and it was replaced but i noticed same after a week. I also changed my front tires some weeks back but noticed the car vibrates on speed. It was scanned and the problem dictated was fuel pump and plugs, that was changed but same issues of fire going down when ever i slow down. Please help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Characta(m): 4:54pm On May 20, 2022
I need a car either rental or hire purchase. I have an active uber/bolt account. Anyone with a car jus call or DM 08061565626.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Jordanlee1: 5:46pm On May 20, 2022
We are at your services anytime, DRAYLIN&SONS CLEARING AND FORWARDING. ask me about clearing of your cars both sallaum and Grimaldi. DM 08083988995.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fbmatt09: 9:01pm On May 20, 2022
murphyfada:
Technically 3k feel is not much when u look at d traffic on d Road n using AC with ur car if u do uber or bolt. Then again all these fuel station cheat us. There are some 3k u will buy at some fuel station that will last u for days and some that you will buy it won't even carry a trip before it drains. So may not be d fuel pump you changed.

Noted
Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarDataNG: 7:46pm On May 22, 2022
We are new to Nairaland...first post.
smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ZainabX(f): 8:35pm On May 22, 2022
Cc roland 17
Congrats on winning the title

Please is the offer still available

Thanks!!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fedpro: 10:12am On May 23, 2022
Are you a car dealer and wish to join car dealers WhatsApp group. You can join using this link [https:///ClLnNnfWbGIGCATjPXdCl3/]
If link doesn’t work, save my number 08127080795 as “Fed’s auto” message me and I would add you to the group

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 9:55pm On May 23, 2022
So!!! What I have for you today, Brabus, that Benz tuner brand that Nigerian big people like to use to oppress, they launched 4 cars last week and they’re not here to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQJXhh-Rjg

Imagine a Brabus Porsche & Rolls-Royce. Yep, I talked about each of them briefly in this video. The numbers are wildling!!! Oya, use the video to relax or hold body this night. Sha don’t go and buy fake one ohh... that’s why I’m here.
Oya subscribe, like the video and tell all your “peoples” to do the same
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dahreformer2666: 11:41am On May 25, 2022
Help Help !

Dear Nairalandera,

Please, there's a oil leak underneath my car, my mechanic have tried to check it but it seems they haven't gotten where the leak is coming from.
Yesterday, I was told they needed to remove the oil bottom and check if the leak is from there..which they did (the work on it and changed the car oil too ) and after I drove the car home overnight, I still noticed the leak..
Please, where else should they check for the leak ... the cost of mobil oil is getting more expensive and I'm loosing my mind to be honest

The car is kia optima( Turbo gdi engine )
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2022
Dahreformer2666:
Help Help !

Dear Nairalandera,

Please, there's a oil leak underneath my car, my mechanic have tried to check it but it seems they haven't gotten where the leak is coming from.
Yesterday, I was told they needed to remove the oil bottom and check if the leak is from there..which they did (the work on it and changed the car oil too ) and after I drove the car home overnight, I still noticed the leak..
Please, where else should they check for the leak ... the cost of mobil oil is getting more expensive and I'm loosing my mind to be honest

The car is kia optima( Turbo gdi engine )
Remote diagnosis would be practically impossible, but they should check all seals and also trace the leak. Oil leak shouldn't be hard to find.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trinity33(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2022
Trinity33:
Please i need help, my 2008 toyota camry is having some issues for some months now, after driving a while the fire goes down below 1 on the speed meter, it starts to jerk but dosent go off, if my Machanic works on it, it will resolve for a period of about 2 weeks and it comes up again. Then i also notice the oil shortage, was told it was the oil seal and it was replaced but i noticed same after a week. I also changed my front tires some weeks back but noticed the car vibrates on speed. It was scanned and the problem dictated was fuel pump and plugs, that was changed but same issues of fire going down when ever i slow down. Please help

Anybody?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 5:46am On May 26, 2022
Trinity33:
1. When you say the “fire goes down below 1 on the speed meter" do you mean the RPM drops below 1 or the speedometer reading itself drops to zero while driving and the car starts jerking? Kindly explain further. You might need to rescan vehicle and post the codes here.

2. As for the oil seal, was it leaking and diagnosis pointed that it was the culprit for the oil shortage or your engine is burning oil? You might need to do a compression test (both wet and dry) to find our the health of you rings, valves and internals to rule out oil burn. And if the seal is the real culprit, you would know by visually inspecting it for telltale sign of oil leaks and it should be replaced with OEM seal of same size.
It won't be a bad idea to check your PCV system too.

3. For the wheel vibrating on motion, take the car for wheel balancing and alignment.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by michytluv: 5:56am On May 26, 2022
Good morning all,

Pls I have a Corolla (Uber) I do hear this humming sound from the bonnet side when ac is on and when I accelerate. If Ac is not on, car works fine, I called Rasheed, he said it's d compressor, got a tokunbo compressor, grade 1, ac is chilling as usual but the humming sound still persist.
Pls kindly help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nwauwa(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2022
Good morning all. Pls what is the problem please? Car make Toyota Rav 4

@jceesquare @GAZZUZZ

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2022
nwauwa:
Good morning all. Pls what is the problem please? Car make Toyota Rav 4

What's the problem with what?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nwauwa(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2022
jceesquare:

What's the problem with what?
good evening. the Abs light is on when driving na
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 6:59pm On May 26, 2022
nwauwa:
good evening. the Abs light is on when driving na
Scan your ABS for fault codes sir.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nwauwa(m): 12:04pm On May 27, 2022
jceesquare:

Scan your ABS for fault codes sir.
thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atolani11: 9:53am On May 29, 2022
Ikenna351:
Hi all,
Please Kindly advice which to get as a first timer, i want to get either a Corolla sports or Matrix (2005 above) or Honda CRV 2008 above.
I will prefer a car that generally has low cost of maintenance and also good. Fuel consumption too should be average.
Please My Budget is around 1.8M.
Even if its Nigerian use, a very good engine,gear and tyres are paramount to me.

Kindly give your counsel..or if you also have them available
I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atolani11: 9:53am On May 29, 2022
Please Kindly advice which to get as a first timer, i want to get either a Corolla sports or Matrix (2005 above) or Honda CRV 2008 above.
I will prefer a car that generally has low cost of maintenance and also good. Fuel consumption too should be average.
Please My Budget is around 1.8M.
Even if its Nigerian use, a very good engine,gear and tyres are paramount to me.

Kindly give your counsel..or if you also have them available
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Yemitad: 7:38pm On May 30, 2022
Evening house,i use a volkswagen product with turbo engine.the turbo charger got spoilt so i purchased another but it drained all the oil in my car within an hour of working.does anyone know an expert turbo charger repairer that could repair it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dahreformer2666: 7:56pm On May 30, 2022
Good evening sir , please I keep having issues with oil leakage in my car , even after tracing the leaking and fixing it , the leaking would just surface from different area entirely.

They have removed the oil pan and fixing it back, same with the retainer ... the leakages keep surface after awhile, the car is kia optima 2013
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gluck4cars: 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Dahreformer2666:
Good evening sir , please I keep having issues with oil leakage in my car , even after tracing the leaking and fixing it , the leaking would just surface from different area entirely.

They have removed the oil pan and fixing it back, same with the retainer ... the leakages keep surface after awhile, the car is kia optima 2013

Bottom plate gasket leaks are easy to trace since they drip on the body of the plate.
Check your oil filter. The seals on some of the low quality ones usually fail causing leaks which are not easily noticed.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dahreformer2666: 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
Gluck4cars:

Bottom plate gasket leaks are easy to trace since they drip on the body of the plate.
Check your oil filter. The seals on some of the low quality ones usually fail causing leaks which are not easily noticed.

Please, how severe is the code P0014 ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by okrikaboi: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Please what's the name of this car below? It's important please

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.