Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521616 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
taiyod:

Thanks for your response. The vehicle is a 03 Rav 4. (Its not ECU issue as i have confirmed this). The transmission oil was changed less than a year ago with the Toyota ATF IV. I am trying to know if transmission filter or "gear fibre" can cause this issue as suggested by the two mechanics.

your engine ecu has damaged your transmission. You will require a new engine ecu, and a new transmission or a transmission fix.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by meetchandus(m): 1:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Hello.Just bought a 2006 Toyota corolla and will like to know all the necessary checks to make on the car.I will like if it is advisable to immediately change the engine oil and filter,the transmission fluid as it has about 153,000 miles on it, to flush the radiator as there is a look of rust mixed with the coolant..Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by galantjoe(m): 3:46am On Feb 19, 2016
Please can someone help me check Nissa sentra if it is a good car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by femicousim: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2016
meetchandus:
Hello.Just bought a 2006 Toyota corolla and will like to know all the necessary checks to make on the car.I will like if it is advisable to immediately change the engine oil and filter,the transmission fluid as it has about 153,000 miles on it, to flush the radiator as there is a look of rust mixed with the coolant..Thanks

congrats boss,
yeah it's good to have all fluids replaced, it helps keep you a good a record of maintenance, for you're certain how long those fluids have been in there, you may also check out the brake pads, air filter and spark plugs. wishing you accident-free and problem-free car

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by meetchandus(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks
femicousim:

congrats boss,
yeah it's good to have all fluids replaced, it helps keep you a good a record of maintenance, for you're certain how long those fluids have been in there, you may also check out the brake pads, air filter and spark plugs. wishing you accident-free and problem-free car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afingo4luv: 8:32am On Feb 23, 2016
Pls I want to know more about peugeot 307,i wanna buy a naija used 307 but I don't know wht could be the likely problem that makes the seller to decide to sell it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Krypticmartinz: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
How reliable is 2006 volkswagen passat or jetta...i want to get a naija used
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Krypticmartinz:

shocked be very weary of Naija used German cars. Once the former owner doesn't manage them well before disposal and you unfortunately purchase them, the evil work done in them starts haunting you and your pocket undecided
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Afingo4luv:
Pls I want to know more about peugeot 307,i wanna buy a naija used 307 but I don't know wht could be the likely problem that makes the seller to decide to sell it

@Bolded, why not ask him, or go behind his back and inquire from his mechanic or ask a very experienced mechanic to extensively test and inspect the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
meetchandus:
Thanks
is it direct export?? if so make sure you have the correct fluid to change it with if not leave it ,especially the screen wash and coolant.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Krypticmartinz:
RUN
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
jones2014:
Hi all, can you please help with this issue or give a suggestion, have got fog light on my bumper that is always, its connected to work with the headlights and not stand alone. problem the bulb usually burns out after a long trip or after a while. what is the possibilty of;
1. getting a good DRL in place of this ordinary bulb to work independently with car starting or,
2. getting a good grade bulb to connect to parking light.
bottom line is i just need the lights to last and work alone independent of the headlights. Any good rewire/tech in house that you can recommend.

Cc: Ikenna, Sienna... thanks (car is a camry 2000/01)

Most proper reason, while installing teh Bulb you are not meant to have contact with the bulb glass part, as this creates heat points,which eventually burns out a hole and allows the tungsten to oxidize.
When installing the next one make sure fingers do not come in contact with bulb, only hold the metal part that fuses into the lamp holder,cover teh glass bit with tissue or some comes with a foamy bit round them most of the times.if this doesn't wrk then you have an electrical problem
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adebamiyo: 10:04am On Feb 29, 2016
Please I have issue with my honda accord inner this is the second time am changing it just because it breaks. What's the causes nd ways to prevent it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fvictop(m): 9:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
pls house I drive p11-144 2000 model manual. I ran into a ditch this morning which made my car to go off. After ignition chech engine light came on. what do I do . only ABS light has been on on the dashboard since I bought it. pls enlighten me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Talohss(m): 11:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
does any one have an idea of how much these toyotal camry 2007 parts cost:
back wind screen,
back bumper
rear/back light (passenger side).
thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
Guys have you checked out the unveiled chiron bugatti?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jones2014: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2016
thanks Chief for this information
erico2k2:

Most proper reason, while installing teh Bulb you are not meant to have contact with the bulb glass part, as this creates heat points,which eventually burns out a hole and allows the tungsten to oxidize.
When installing the next one make sure fingers do not come in contact with bulb, only hold the metal part that fuses into the lamp holder,cover teh glass bit with tissue or some comes with a foamy bit round them most of the times.if this doesn't wrk then you have an electrical problem

regards
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenchosen: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
pls my E-class Benz has a problem each
time the acceleration keeps cutting off
frequently if march the break its will just
cut off unless I off the engine and start it
again it comes up and cut off again pls any
body who has these experience pls help me. I will appreciate if we can talk on phone 08033473921 or sen a text message for solution. thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Kenchosen:
pls my E-class Benz has a problem each
time the acceleration keeps cutting off
frequently if march the break its will just
cut off unless I off the engine and start it
again it comes up and cut off again pls any
body who has these experience pls help me. I will appreciate if we can talk on phone 08033473921 or sen a text message for solution. thank you

Location pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenchosen: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
kingreign:

Location pls?
Asaba!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kenchosen: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
I was advise go for scam by my mechanic
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Coolcash1: 8:37am On Mar 05, 2016
Pls house members, is Acura MDX a good car? A friend is confused between buying a 2009 model of this car or Lexus RX 350.

Need your advice especially from experienced users. In terms of maintenance cost, reliability, fuel economy and performance.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sexaddict08(m): 10:51am On Mar 05, 2016
please, someone should help me out.
there's no light so I tried to charge my phone with my uncle's van L200.
I plugged the phone around 5am, slept off until 8am. I now met the phone at 71% from 0%. when I met it, it was no longer charging.
now, power in the car seems to be off. weak...
glasses ain't whinning again.
any help pls.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mohisd(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2016
sexaddict08:
please, someone should help me out.
there's no light so I tried to charge my phone with my uncle's van L200.
I plugged the phone around 5am, slept off until 8am. I now met the phone at 71% from 0%. when I met it, it was no longer charging.
now, power in the car seems to be off. weak...
glasses ain't whinning again.
any help pls.
ba3 done run down
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sexaddict08(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2016
mohisd:
ba3 done run down
yes, I don resolve am.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kanzjude: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
Please can anyone explain more about Nissan Maxima to me. The good and ba of the car cos I was looking for a cool car that's affordable/high tech and not too common a a car interests me. Regards,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kanzjude: 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
Foreign used Nissan Maxima and Nigerian used Toyota camry spider, which one is better.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jones2014: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2016
Peepz,

please help needed here, Just delivered a Camry 2001 that needs some advice with servicing, i have already done the Engine Oil & oil filter change, i replaced the fuel pump after it got bad. now my major concern has to do with the Power steering fluid and Automatic Transmission Fluid(ATF) which i plan to change as i do not know the history, please any idea on what type to go for and how much cost i should be looking at? car has about 164,000km

thanks .... oga Gazzuzz, i see you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwafon(m): 9:04am On Mar 10, 2016
HI all. I want to buy 1.6lit or 1.5lit Nissan Sunny carburetor engine. Any one that can fulfil order to pls send quote to 08125473118. Location is Lagos.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kengodson: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
pls 504 2000 and 406, which one is faster and more reliable
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aeey(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hi! can someone pls give the actual price of direct cotonou Peugeot 406 1998/1999 model full option & 206 sw. thanks in anticipation
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aeey(m): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
kengodson:
pls 504 2000 and 406, which one is faster and more reliable
406 is faster & reliable but 504 is more rugged physically & otherwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.