Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521734 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
i appreciate your truthfulness. So direct and focused on the point.
Actually it became worse cos the reverse also stopped. For over a week now i have parked the car and covered it up using others. This is because i was not only given a cost that is outrageously high, i am not even sure if i am getting the actual part required.
This is where i seek help.
If u have refences please share with me. Do you supply such as well? Where can i get effective re-programming?
Thanks.
nissparts:

Contrary to what erico told you, you have lost your transmission.
The atf you got from the auto shop and used for a month was NOT NS-2 and I am sure you know that.
You are free to spend money wastefully on other attempts to fix this but hopefully you will go through my other posts and also explore the web to let you know I am sure of what I am saying.

Furthermore, please note that when you DO eventually get to change the transmission, the TCM's eeprom must be erased (re-programming) in order for it to work with your replacement or you'll be back looking for another replacement within 3 months.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nissparts(m): 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Guaranteed toks cvt transmission is between 300-350k, it is similar to that in the Murano.
Re-programming is N15k
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abbeymighty(m): 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
pls i want to know d difference btw 2.0 v6 and 3.0 v6 car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NewChapter: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Guys I am trying to get my daughters radio working and I guess I need a code. It's a 2000 Honda Civic. Can anyone help me with this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ft01: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2013
@ ikenna . I have a 406 Coupe 2.2 petrol
Manual ew12 Engine and wondering if u know
A mechanic in ibadan to fix my clutch. D engine
Is not common like ew10 (at least not as many
I'm on 07056082705 , pls text me your
Number or email address to discuss if possible
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
NewChapter: Guys I am trying to get my daughters radio working and I guess I need a code. It's a 2000 Honda Civic. Can anyone help me with this?

You could get an aftermarket radio grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
abbeymighty: pls i want to know d difference btw 2.0 v6 and 3.0 v6 car

2 litres vs 3 litres?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by katcy4christ: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Please i need help ikenna,between 2004 toyota avalon and 2005 acura which is better in terms of engine and maintenance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by leo1234(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please what do people call indomie in a car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
katcy4christ: Please i need help ikenna,between 2004 toyota avalon and 2005 acura which is better in terms of engine and maintenance

They should be similar. This is a case of Toyota vs. Honda, both cars will last a long time if properly maintained.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
katcy4christ: Please i need help ikenna,between 2004 toyota avalon and 2005 acura which is better in terms of engine and maintenance

Your request isn't too specific. There are many models of Acura. Do you mean acura RL, acura TL, acura MDX or what?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
lomomike:

Your request isn't too specific. There are many models of Acura. Do you mean acura RL, acura TL, acura MDX or what?

Regardless, in terms of reliability and durability, Hondas and Toyotas excel. He can't go wrong with either or. Though if I were him, I would get a 2005-08 Toyota Avalon Limited. Fantastic big cars
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikenna351(m): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2013

Haba! Toyotas no reach Acuras level.

If na jori-jori you want, go Acura way. Or you can consider Lexus as well, since na Japs dey hungry you.

Ikenna
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ikenna351:

If na jori-yori you want, go Acura way. Or you can consider Lexus as well, since na Japs dey hungry you.

Ikenna

Lmao Muhehehehehehe grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by leo1234(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
leo1234: Please what do people call indomie in a car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ikenna351:

If na jori-yori you want, go Acura way. Or you can consider Lexus as well, since na Japs dey hungry you.

Ikenna

Lexus na North American thing, I think if you watch Consumer Reports reviews, the recent Acura RLX was a disaster, they told people to buy a Camry instead. That should tell you something about Toyota's stellar quality.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikenna351(m): 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

Lexus na North American thing, I think if you watch Consumer Reports reviews, the recent Acura RLX was a disaster, they told people to buy a Camry instead. That should tell you something about Toyota's stellar quality.

I am baffled at your definition of quality.

As for your consumer report review. Sorry, am a man of my own that don't live on media propaganda.

I may not be a Japs fan, but Honda vs Toyota is still questionable. Yet you jump Honda go Acura. Haba!

Ikenna
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olumide4christ: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ikenna351:

As for your consumer report review. Sorry, am a man of my own that don't live on media propaganda.

I may not be a Japs fan, but Honda vs Toyota is still questionable. Yet you jump Honda go Acura. Haba!

Ikenna

Well, Ikenna351, you shouldnt be surprised. Most Nigerians are over-crazy about Toyota & Honda, whether they have problems or not! For most Nigerians, if its not Toyota or Honda, its nothing else! Too bad!,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
olumide4christ:

Well, Ikenna351, you shouldnt be surprised. Most Nigerians are over-crazy about Toyota & Honda, whether they have problems or not! For most Nigerians, if its not Toyota or Honda, its nothing else! Too bad!,

Honda and Toyota are some of the most reliable brands out there. Lexus is only found in a few countries. To compensate, Toyota adds more luxury amenities to their Camry, Aurion, etc line of cars.

Honda for example is also different. The European Honda Accord is the same thing exactly as the American Acura TSX, which tells me they maybe cutting corners on American variants of Toyota and Honda.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

Toyota has quality, their cars last forever. In this age, there is not much difference in buying say a fully loaded Toyota compared to a Lexus.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 2:09am On Jan 02, 2014
lomomike: Happy New Year

Same to you, Happy New Year
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obohgl: 8:34am On Jan 03, 2014
hello guys, just joined this forum and i need assistance. Am interested in one of the vehicles with vin list below kindly help check their report.
1HGCM5663A093396, 5TDZA22C66S423341, 4T1BE32KX5U028815
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ehide: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hi am trying to get a car from New York, but am so confused cos I don't really know what link to find any nice toyota Sienna. Can anyone help me out?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fulaman198(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
ehide: Hi am trying to get a car from New York, but am so confused cos I don't really know what link to find any nice toyota Sienna. Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried autotrader.com?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jdbears82: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
I need help with my 05 Honda Odyssey radio lock
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kimex10(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hi guys! Please, how can I locate the engine number of infiniti G35 2004? thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nissparts(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
At the rear of the engine.
Not something you can see easily

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CHEECKENGINE: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
hi guys. good job ikena well done
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seyola(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello House.Pls i need d 4 sock absorbers for my Toyota camry 2003 model.Like how much does it go for in the market?Can i get original at Trade fair/auto parts market or Ladipo market?Thanking you guys in anticipation of your quick response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aieromon(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
leo1234: Please what do people call indomie in a car

Catalytic converter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.