Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,054 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (520900 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2018
Abbey1987:

please how much to clear 2003 toyota corolla?
good morning Sir
#400k Sir
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbey1987: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
atelysir:
good morning Sir
#400k Sir
thats on tge high sir...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2018
Abbey1987:

thats on tge high sir...
Contact Me Sir
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
teeytimi:
please house I am using an automatic transmission car I recently notice that the moment the engine is working for about an hour the gear begins to vibrate and won't enter reverse until I park the car for about 2-3 hrs.
I want gurus in the house to advice me on what to do or does it mean the gear is developing problem.
i will first advice you to take the car for transmission diagnosis before doing try and error work
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
ashiwajew:
I use a kia rio 2012 manual transmission but just yesterday the gear starts to make some funny sounds and vibrates like it wants to move back to neutral whenever i shift to gear 3 on the run. Please any advice on this?
you need to first have a transmission diagnosis if you are around lagos bring your car to LTV in Ikeja @ Automedics
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
Diamondjuli:
Between a rav4 2010 and corolla 2010 which is advisable to buy considering maintenance, durability and cost.
Corolla for your pre punchase inspection book an appointment with us if you are locted in Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
teeytimi:
please house I am using an automatic transmission car I recently notice that the moment the engine is working for about an hour the gear begins to vibrate and won't enter reverse until I park the car for about 2-3 hrs.
I want gurus in the house to advice me on what to do or does it mean the gear is developing problem.
vehicle model, make and year
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
[quote author=Franknerd post=71295714]Hello house, I noticed a Nissan frontier, I started using recently from office was consuming more fuel than usual. I took it to a mechanic yesterday and he told me that d catalyst was removed hence d reason for d high consumption of fuel.
He told to buy catalyst and that any Nissan catalyst can work on d vehicle.
Pls, gurus in the house how true is that statement and wat is the cost and where can I get a good Nissan catalyst?
Thanks[ catalyst is one of those thing that can cause excess fuel consumption and have you have your vehicle checked by another mechanic to verify wan he said
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CarMecx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
Kristolite:
Hi good morning everyone. I drive a Toyota Camry 2004. Recently, the ac compressor is struggling to turn. And after blowing cool air for like 10min, hot air follows immediately and it stays that way till the next day. Note, the ac switch button light doesn't blink. Pls help I'm opened to suggestion.
first diagnosis the ac system @ Automedics Ikeja.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks a lot @ CarMecx. I will do that on Monday.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2018
CarMecx:
first diagnosis the ac system @ Automedics Ikeja.
Possible cause.
1,relay
2,magnetic coil
3,PCM
Pls be careful if the technician want to improvise the electrical system.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:58am On Sep 24, 2018
chikenicholas:
Thanks for this, its quite informative.

In addition to the P0420 error code, there was also an Engine misfire code which I guess is responsible for the P0420 error code.

Now you are talking, that P0420 code rarely comes up alone.

My advice:

Address the other codes first, clear the codes and drive the car, lets see what happens. Catalysts don't just fail, something made it fail.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 7:01am On Sep 24, 2018
teeytimi:

You transmission is probably over heating or packing up. Get it scanned to know whats happening exactly. Could be problem with the clutch switches too. Which ATF have u been using inside it?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
I have done a check on my car (Toyota Camry) and really, the compresor is badly damaged on the inside. I was told the oil got dried up. I also took it to another electrician @ Ladipo who looked at it and said the same thing. The compressor for my car cost btw 37k to 40k but was given an option of getting a Peugeot's own with the same sitting though less expensive. I hope to get it done by tomorrow, I don't really have that cash and I'm considering option B, which I have no knowledge of since it's less expensive. So pls i need advice, thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
Kristolite:
I have done a check on my car (Toyota Camry) and really, the compresor is badly damaged on the inside. I was told the oil got dried up. I also took it to another electrician @ Ladipo who looked at it and said the same thing. The compressor for my car cost btw 37k to 40k but was given an option of getting a Peugeot's own with the same sitting though less expensive. I hope to get it done by tomorrow, I don't really have that cash and I'm considering option B, which I have no knowledge of since it's less expensive. So pls i need advice, thanks.
I will advice you save your money when you have enough cash,fix the AC,the Peugeot compressor capacity is too much for your engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 6:16am On Sep 27, 2018
Wow! I didn't know that. And it's a bit smaller than the Camry. Thanks any way. I will save up for the Camry compressor.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hello guys, I need help for my Honda accord 2003 model(EOD) v6.
Last week Thursday on my way from work, I started hearing a knocking sound, wch was checked out and I was told it was the crankshaft. They changed the crankshaft,the car started but then the engine pushes out water from the radiator immediately it is started. They changed the gasket already and the problem persists.
Once the car is started it pushes out water from the radiator immediately. What could be the problem pls Coz my mechanic seems not to know what to do next.

Cc: mosbus
Generalfag
Carmecx
nurey
thebigkendo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
henrygale:
Last week Thursday on my way from work, I started hearing a knocking sound, wch was checked out and[b] I was told it was the crankshaft. They changed the crankshaft,the car started but then the engine pushes out water from the radiator immediately it is started[/b]. They changed the gasket already and the problem persists.
Once the car is started it pushes out water from the radiator immediately. What could be the problem pls Coz my mechanic seems not to know what to do next.

Generalfag
Carmecx
nurey
the.bigkendo

Oga just get ready for newTokunbo Engine cc Luvinhubby GAZZUZZ
or Engine Rebuild by Aunty Radu of Radautoworks

NB:None of the option is cheap

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga just get ready for newTokunbo Engine cc Luvinhubby GAZZUZZ
or Engine Rebuild by Aunty Radu of Radautoworks

NB:None of the option is cheap
Hmm.
Technically, what causes that?
And how much is a toks engine for the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
henrygale:
Last week Thursday on my way from work, I started hearing a knocking sound, wch was checked out and I was told it was the crankshaft. They changed the crankshaft,the car started but then the engine pushes out water from the radiator immediately it is started. They changed the gasket already and the problem persists.

Generalfag
Carmecx
nurey
thebigkendo

this one you are quoting mosbus grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
generalfag:

Now you are talking, that P0420 code rarely comes up alone.

My advice:

Address the other codes first, clear the codes and drive the car, lets see what happens. Catalysts don't just fail, something made it fail.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

this one you are quoting mosbus grin
Adunno boss.
I just need help with the above complaint.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adaog: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
Austin Mike car wash, a professional car washing company is currently recruiting for immediate employment; an experienced car washing personnel.

Interested persons must be within the age bracket of 27-40years
Candidate should have at least two years working experience
Good communication skills
Have a minimum of GCE/SSCE/WAEC Certifications
Possess good customer relationship
Must be able to work with little or no supervision

Interested candidate should contact Mr Henry at 09077433809,0818 866 3784
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Rxick(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
We decided to go with my wife to see Rome.
We found an excellent car rental service Rental24H, there are any categories of cars.
But we liked the cabriolet, he brightened up our rest and travel as a whole.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 6:31am On Sep 28, 2018
Hi guys

I need contact of a good volkswagen technician/diagnostic who can help me scan my golf 4 in Port Harcourt.

Any ideas?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 8:00am On Sep 28, 2018
henrygale:

Generalfag
Carmecx
nurey
thebigkendo

Anyone....anybody can help with information on the above pls?
mosbus
Generalfag
Carmecx
nurey
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
henrygale:

Anyone....anybody can help with information on this

I don't think the gasket job was done very well, pressure is escaping into radiator. Do you also experience hard start?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Goks2017: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hello great pple,pls I need sb to help confirm this.I have a civic 2006,if I buy 2k fuel,it can't take me to and from VI to Ogba.Pls if u are using the same civic model,is this how urs consume fuel?thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Goks2017:
Hello great pple,pls I need sb to help confirm this.I have a civic 2006,if I buy 2k fuel,it can't take me to and from VI to Ogba.Pls if u are using the same civic model,is this how urs consume fuel?thank you.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

we have said several times fuel consumption isn't calculated by location to location but distance travelled,condition of the road and driver driving habit. Also if your check engine light is on scan your ride and fix impending codes
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
nurey:

I don't think the gasket job was done very well, pressure is escaping into radiator. Do you also experience hard start?
No. Starts 'easily-well'.
Water pump was checked and is intact.
Washed the radiator. Problem persists. This evening, water in the radiator keep going down like the next minute when u top it.
And the mechanic while testing it noticed that water has mixed with engine oil now and water seeping out of the exhaust pipes!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
henrygale:

No. Starts 'easily-well'.
Water pump was checked and is intact.
Washed the radiator. Problem persists. This evening, water in the radiator keep going down like the next minute when u top it.
And the mechanic while testing it noticed that water has mixed with engine oil now and water seeping out of the exhaust pipes!

like I said gasket job wasn't done well. you already stated 2 symptoms
1. milky watery engine oil
2. water escaping in exhaust.

why you don't have a hard start I don't know. Oya let him redo the gasket this time following the recommended procedure and utilising OEM gasket

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91