Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,420 members, 7,800,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! (2254 Views)

How To Change My IP Address / How Do I Change My Ip To Another Country? / How Can I Hide My Ip Address Free Of Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! by HERO111: 9:45am On May 21, 2008
Friends,
Pls my network is running on win server 2003 as a domain controller with over 50 systems connected to it. Its also has DHCP and DNS configured and these were done b4 i resume work as a new IT staff, some of the IP lease expired on some systems my attempt to renew them ddnt work. Pls help me out cos those systems can no longer have the connection with the server.
Tell me all u know pls
am waiting God bless u as u contribute.
1 Luv
Re: My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! by Ralvy(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2008
Why did You accept the job if You knew You can't diagnose such problems that would definitely come in?

I hope this comes in handy;

Start, Run, CMD
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

If that doesn't resolve the problem, do this.

ipconfig /all << --- copy these results and post them back here

netsh diag gui <<--- not any FAILED entries and post them back here

exit

//Note: Bold Text are Commands!!

-[n3rve]
Re: My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! by dnative(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2008
Have a look in the DHCP scope on the server and check the status of the leased IP addresses pool. What are the status of the lease recorded in there. Do you have any free IP addresses available in your scope. If not, could you possibly expand the scope or create a new one.

Are there any recent changes on your network - is the DC/DHCP server behind a firewall and are there any recent firewall rules changes?

You could also try sniffing the DHCP lease process between a client and the DHCP server. Try using etherreal for this. You need to eliminate where the DHCP lease process is breaking. Are you clients succesfully sending out DHCP discover messages, are these getting to the DHCP server, how does the server responding - is it making a DHCP offer?

Are there any specific error coming up on your clients that are not able to renew their lease. If you do an ipconfig /all on these clients, do you have an APIPA address (169.254.x.x) returned as the client IP address?

Check the system event log on the server for any related error messages.

Also what is the system event log on any of these clients saying?

Your answers to these would help further troubleshooting

Re: My Ip Address Has Expired Pls Help! by HERO111: 12:26pm On May 21, 2008
Thx Guy, but man must survive now
I will try this then get back here.
1 Love

(1) (Reply)

Visafone Internet Subscribers / MTN 2GB For Just 1k, 4GB for 1,800 (Aba residents only) / 6 Months Practical Laptop Engineering Program<<your Opportunity>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.