Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? (45746 Views)

CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / Corruption: South Africa Beats Nigeria As “Most Corrupt” African Country / Ghana Has The Best English Accent In Africa - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
MOD pardon me please. Not sure where to post this.

1. Uganda
2. Ghana
3. Nigeria
4. Kenya
5. Tanzania
6. South Africa
7. Ivory Cost
8. Burkina Faso
9. Sierra Leon
10. Liberia
11. Rwanda
12. Sudan
13. Others (Specify)

In my opinion, Nigerians speak excellent english. Even those who have strong 9ja accent still construct good sentences.

Ghanaians I feel theirs is horrible as their pronunciation is very confusing.

South africans hide under their imitated western accent but their english isn't as good as Nigerian.

Don't get me started on sudan

What's your take
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
^

Nice post
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria followed by Zambia and Malawi. Bukinafos and Ivory Coast are francophone nations, they don't speak english.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Danhumprey: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria sure past. Patience Ebele Jonathan is our English professor,so we can rest assured that our English language is in safe hands. grin Just hear the professor of English speaking,and even America would hide in shame! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
It has to be between Ghana and Zimbabwe.

Then probably Tanzania, Uganda, and Botswana.
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Really? undecided
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

I smell envy. Soooo greeen.

Anyway its ur opinion

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by mgbeketoto: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
KENYA! kiss

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by dasparrow: 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
israel007:

I smell envy. Soooo greeen.

Anyway its ur opinion

He is born and raised in England to Nigerian (Yoruba) parents but he always knocks everything Nigeria I have observed so his answer does not surprise me the least.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian english sounds horrible.. what a deluded bunch, lmaooo. The South African countries Kenya,Ghana and Tanzania speak far better English than nigerians, top 5 in the world my a$$, tltltltltltltltl. I'd say Zimbabweans are the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
dasparrow:

He is born and raised in England to Nigerian (Yoruba) parents but he always knocks everything Nigeria I have observed so his answer does not surprise me the least.

I'm sure he thinks he's white

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by greatgod2012(f): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ghana takes the lead!

@op, why do you say ghana's pronounciation is confusing, you are the one confusing yourself, because the Ghananians pronounce English words the way they should be pronounced, they follow all the phonetical rules in English when speaking in English.

And btw, im a Nigerian, and im only being honest here.
God bless Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
zetdee: Nigerian english sounds horrible.. what a deluded bunch, lmaooo. The South African countries Kenya,Ghana and Tanzania speak far better English than nigerians, top 5 in the world my a$$, tltltltltltltltl. I'd say Zimbabweans are the best.
Goodluck to you and your opinion... grin
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by k2039: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Op, Who cares?.

All I care is the BEST PIDGIN SPEAKING AFRICAN COUNTRY

NIGERIA

I can defend my answer anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
greatgod2012: Ghana takes the lead!

@op, why do you say ghana's pronounciation is confusing, you are the one confusing yourself, because the Ghananians pronounce English words the way they should be pronounced, they follow all the phonetical rules in English when speaking in English.

God bless Nigeria!

Cut - cat

I can go on...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by since1914(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
I don't know if a few instances qualifies for generalization but I had a few Kenyan classmates and I must admit that I love the way they spoke English even with the accent, it still sounded quite sonorous.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Itoroetti(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
israel007:

I'm sure he thinks he's white

Let him keep decieving himself until he's been deported like dat ex-gov daughter.I don forget d name.
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Itoroetti(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria all the way.
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by laCapri: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
israel007:

Cut - cat

I can go on...
Author - Atar
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by iphy42: 12:36am On Jul 14, 2013
Ghana speaks really horrible English. If you are not conversant with the technicalities in English language, pls don't post so as not to confuse others.

Nigerians speak the best English in Africa. Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by niggadee(m): 12:57am On Jul 14, 2013
iphy42: Ghana speaks really horrible English. If you are not conversant with the technicalities in English language, pls don't post so as not to confuse others.

Nigerians speak the best English in Africa. Quote me anywhere!
ghana english pronunciation is awful

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by polokor60(m): 5:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Zimbabwe comes first.Zimbabwe it is because they are very fluet and their accent is clearer or more audible than the average african accent.How about the diction of the average Zimbabwean(almost flawless).

The pronunciation/combination of words gives the first position to the Zimbabweans.Kenya comes second because they have almost the same diction with the Zimbabweans but the Zimbabweans do have a better pronunciation of words.

Ghana.how about their pronunciation of words

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by tpia5: 6:05am On Jul 14, 2013
ghana

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 14, 2013
My fellow widows,Nigeria is the best spoker of ingrish.Ask Bipi.
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by israel007: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2013
la Capri:
Author - Atar

Man - Men

List is endless for Ghanians
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by BarryX(m): 6:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Liberia and Nigeria speaks almost with the same accent < that makes theirs kinda sexy like Nigerians.BTW< you'll have to explain what best means__ many things constitute best: fluency: clarity: accent:culture are some of the factors that you will have to consider when assessing it
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by daywatcher: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2013
is this something to celebrate? so we are happy that a foreign language has become default amongst Africans? I will be happy for any indigenous Africa language to replace English/French on our continent. Unfortunately, Afrocentrism has been deleted from most of our brains.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Mesico2(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2013
greatgod2012: Ghana takes the lead!

God bless Nigeria!
... I bet to disagree with u. Ghanians don't/can't pronounce english standardly the way it should be. Don't be deceived by their movies u watch cos that's not really their way of speaking english in reality,it's just their way of movie stunts. They pronounce 'curve as kerf', 'circle as cerkil' and 'second as sekind' and u will av to spend some time with them before u can understand their pattern of speaking and pronounciations.
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2013
daywatcher: is this something to celebrate? so we are happy that a foreign language has become default amongst Africans? I will be happy for any indigenous Africa language to replace English/French on our continent. Unfortunately, Afrocentrism has been deleted from most of our brains.
well, we could have embraced Swhaili tongue
Re: Which Is The Best ENGLISH Speaking AFRICAN Country? by Mesico2(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2013
la Capri:
Author - Atar
. Money - Maney, work - werk, walk - welk, network - netwerk, circle - cecle, card - cerd, second - secend

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Pays Buhari A Courtesy Visit At Defence House (photos) / PDP Refers Adams Oshiomhole As Factional APC Chairman At Jonathan's Book Launch / Sowore, Falz And Mr Macaroni At EndSARS Memorial Procession (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.