Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

To Scream Or Not ! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Scream Or Not ! (534 Views)

Scream Awards Nomination List / Poem: Silent Scream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Scream Or Not ! by opecareem(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
I didn't have to think too hard to know what was going on. I disregarded the text, and now she's found me, I started to say my last prayers then suddenly the bed lamp came on, at that point I thought someone was in my room, but when I looked around, I saw no one. My heart started to raise so fast I could hear it. I moved to the other end of the bed, away from the bed lamp and waited. Something in me said ''Scream" but what would happen if I scream? I'd probably drag the whole family into this, at that point I'd started to know what was going on. I tried getting off the bed, to leave my room, then the bed lamp went off again, this time accompanied by a crazy, screechy sound in my head. It was so dark in my room I wouldn't even be able to see my own hands if I put it up to myown face. So I kept my eyes closed, but the sound was louder now, almost like my head was going to explode. The pain forced my eyes open, the room was still dark, but now I see her, I see her kneeling so close to me I could feel that warm air I felt earlier. Now my heart beats right in my head, I couldn't help it. I SCREAMED! I couldn't even hear myself, I felt the pain in my throat but I was making no sound. She just knelt there in front of me,staring blankly at me..Only if I could describe the expression on her face,maybe I'd know what was to become of me. That cold sweat you get when your life flashes before your eyes started sipping through my spine. She looked really young, and old all at once. She's been dead for long I see.. The taste of air in my room has now been replaced with that of stale library filled with old books, I panicked, flew out of my bed and tried to run. I could only make it to the door knob before I felt a sharp pain round my ankle,followed immediately by a loud thud my head made while I hit the floor. ....Shile Smith.

(1) (Reply)

Atitude / Nothing But Pencils / Short Form Of Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.