Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,000 members, 7,799,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight (28023 Views)

GLO FREEDOM PACK (cheapest Call Rate To All Networks As Low As 12k Per Second) / Glo Launches 'Glo Gista' 15 Kobo Per Second New Tariff / GLO Launches 'GBAM Hi Five' 5 Kobo Per Second New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Suntemi(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: As much as I sympathize with your points of view, I think you should really consider what anti-competition is.

You think you are getting a good deal but it's very shortsighted. By making it impossible for others to compete, you are being locked in, the industry is not growing, and you are ultimately worse off.

example you have to endure mtn excesses, those times they deduct your credit with out refund, the terrible network issues etc. All because they sucked u in with 10kobo carrot.

Ultimately you lose. Esp because with a guaranteed majority of suckers the motivation to improve services is low, profits are high.

Its not just a case of ncc not wanting you to have low tariffs. There are conditions before a telco should do stuff like this. I can guarantee mtn does not meet those conditions.

FUnny tho nobody complained wen all telcos were banned from promo but now this. Mtn staff on nl sha.... enough washing.

fix ur issues. Just a few days ago they were deducting thousands of naira from accts in d name of stopping free browsing. Unaccounted for money. Till date u still cannot opt out of any plan or.platform on mtn. U cannot even.cancel your BIS whilst other networks allow u to do that. Yet we suckers flock.to mtn because of underhand freebies.

n is pretty much like d devil. U.dine.with a long spoon. And u cannot.get anything.from them. Every benefit has large hooks to kill u.
Oh please

And are we complaining? I'm still not convinced. NCC should leave MTN alone, we love the 10kobo/sec tariff and if we don't like their tariff, we can always PORT. Shikena! What's the Number portability for in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by billante(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
But MTN 10kobo per sec is to all network which airtel has also just started!
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Youngzedd(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
So this is Etisalat and Airtel plan.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by puskin: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
sun_temi:

And are we complaining? I'm still not convinced. NCC should leave MTN alone, we love the 10kobo/sec tariff and if we don't like their tariff, we can always PORT. Shikena! What's the Number portability for in the first place.

I'm wondering myself.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by ciphoenix: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
I remember a year ago, MTN was criticised for "ridiculously high call tariff" due to other networks having it lower.

Maybe standards changed though. Can't say
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by TechyGuy: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
I think it has started taking effect already. I have been wondering why my calls are charged at N9/min since morning instead of N6. I am in Super saver plus. Perhaps I've been migrated to SmoothTalk. I will try confirm from them if I've been migrated.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by puskin: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
mikelreal: now this a good reason, let all say the truth, mtn service is terrible, from calling thier customer care to their terrible network, But until other networks reduce thier outrageous charges, I will continue managing my mtn sim

Now this is misleading......all telcos have their challenges.
You only notice MTN's own because everyone has an MTN line.....shikena

1 Like

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by newman10(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
akereconfi: Pls guys check your account balance......my own just turn 0.00. And I dnt browse with it, it's a nokia torch light phone. I just loaded 100 bucks added to the 150 in my phone. MTN abeg giv me my small change back o

You are very correct bro, They wiped over 100 bucks from my account this morning. I loaded 400 bucks again. Now it remains 140 bucks without placing any calls shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Willzkid(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
I wouldnt be surprised that MTN THEMSELVES are behind this
Those guys are so desperately selfish to the extent that they just need any excuse to deprive customers of the goodies
How many of us remember how MTN hurriedly stopped the 5* bonus after promos were banned
whereas airtel still gives that bonus and more till date..
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Dbeliever(m): 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
The NCC must be stupid for issueing such directive. If a body known as NCC is a Nigerian commission that have the intrest of nigerians at heart and knows the ethics and values of Nigeria, they should be aware that doing so will practically imply that the major aim of privatising the telecommunication sector is defeated.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by PStacks(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Is NCC supposed to be a centre Referee between the Mobile Network providers or For Quality control?
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by wordcat(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote
author=chei]This is nonsense. The NCC has no right to tell MTN what to
charge their customers. If MTN wants to charge 1k per second then they
should be free to do so, if any other telecom company can't stand the
heat, they can pack up and leave.
The role of the NCC is to regulate quality and maintain a level playing
field for the companies not to dictate pricing methods.
They should go to hell! [/quote]
:
Pls dear, where are u from?
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by gbadexy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
What's stopping other network companies from also reducing their rates too.
They both buy fuel to power their generators at the same price!
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by wordcat(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote
author=P.Stacks]Is NCC supposed to be a centre Referee between the
Mobile Network providers or For Quality control?[/quote]

YES is d answer.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Matex(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Why NCC are after MTN,last time ppl complained that MTN tarrif is so high,now they hv reduced it to 10k/s to our satisfaction,why NCC is againt supersaver plus 10k/s?.In terms of network problem all networks have there own problem.NCC answer this question where is NITEL?.We like 10k/s.NCC pls leave MTN(10K/s)alone because am not happy for that.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by algebrast: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
all is down to customer protection mtn must not become monopoly
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: As much as I sympathize with your points of view, I think you should really consider what anti-competition is.

You think you are getting a good deal but it's very shortsighted. By making it impossible for others to compete, you are being locked in, the industry is not growing, and you are ultimately worse off.

example you have to endure mtn excesses, those times they deduct your credit with out refund, the terrible network issues etc. All because they sucked u in with 10kobo carrot.

Ultimately you lose. Esp because with a guaranteed majority of suckers the motivation to improve services is low, profits are high.

Its not just a case of ncc not wanting you to have low tariffs. There are conditions before a telco should do stuff like this. I can guarantee mtn does not meet those conditions.

FUnny tho nobody complained wen all telcos were banned from promo but now this. Mtn staff on nl sha.... enough washing.

fix ur issues. Just a few days ago they were deducting thousands of naira from accts in d name of stopping free browsing. Unaccounted for money. Till date u still cannot opt out of any plan or.platform on mtn. U cannot even.cancel your BIS whilst other networks allow u to do that. Yet we suckers flock.to mtn because of underhand freebies.

n is pretty much like d devil. U.dine.with a long spoon. And u cannot.get anything.from them. Every benefit has large hooks to kill u.
Oh please
now, how will this mumu policy solve the problem? the 10k/sec is the only thing Nigerians are enjoying from empty hen rightnow, even if ncc increase it to 20k/sec it wont change the network from bad to good. so why are potecting the interesting of few at the expense of many. they shouldnt victimize one for the other. NCC deserves a dirty slap for this nonsense
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by mrkhay(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
jeez..............................na Bleep up b dis undecided undecided
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
no network in naija worth the hassle. NCC should leave mtn
i cant load my airtel, everytime i do, its gone the following day
etisalat sucks at my area
glo- up and down, very unstable mumus
if ncc pull this thru, na curse i go dey curse whoever comes up with the idea everyday
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by SIRPRESH(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
pls can some1 tell me hw many kobo they re charging nw
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Penboy: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2013

Oh please
men. You actually reasoned from angle 360. You've just said it all jare. Being the richest telecom, reduction in tariffs wont tell much on them. For those who cant reduce, they're gradually forced out of the competition. Then on the long run, mtn...
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by chukemmang(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
I think we have had enough of NCC, they are no more protecting the interest of the masses but their own pockets. NCC should be scrapped with immediate effect, they have become totally useless to we Nigerians, Rubbish. The last time they fined MTN N5 Billion for poor quality of service rendered to the public, that whole money was kept in the pocket of NCC and no one heard anything about it till tomorrow. I say enough is enough with NCC, we don't need their stupidity anymore.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by 4peace(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
chukemmang: I think we have had enough of NCC, they are no more protecting the interest of the masses but their own pockets. NCC should be scrapped with immediate effect, they have become totally useless to we Nigerians, Rubbish. The last time they fined MTN N5 Billion for poor quality of service rendered to the public, that whole money was kept in the pocket of NCC and no one heard anything about it till tomorrow. I say enough is enough with NCC, we don't need their stupidity anymore.
cry
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by gbengaoa(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
For all those that have been supporting this action of ncc, I need you all to know that the deceision is not good for the business. This is because it kills competition. So far, the price slash that we ærë experiencing in the industry now is due to the competition between different operators. 10years back, the average cost of calls to another network is around 50k/s but right now, it is around 20k/s and sms was around N15/page as against N4/page now, data was also around 20k/kb to around 5k/kb that is obtainable now. For me, NCC should allow competition
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by 4peace(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thank God this happened
I was forcefully migrated to mtn ipulse on 1st July 2013 by mtn.
Contact several of my friends and colleagues, same happened.Complained to them nothing was done even my 1125 still missing since that 1st.

Since then I always pray for any loophole

Be sincere Nigerian how many people did the migration by themselves.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
puskin:

Now I ain't surprised.....airtel fan cheesy
Leave the underhand freebies alone.......Everyone loves them.

Bottom line: I know the devil so I use a very long shovel to dine with him.

actually I aint.an.airtel fan. I dont even.have their sim anymore.
u guys dont get it.

sure.on.paper its 10kobo. in reality its costing u more.than thw so called expensive network.

there is even someone here whose 250 bucks got.deducted. and he claims he dont care. he is prolly actually using 1/4 of his expenditure yet he is suckered by the promise of 10 kobo.

u getting scammed no less.

puskin I know u think the.other ish makes it worth it, but its not. u r not an average user. and they outnumber u 1 to 1000. thats y that works.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Blackteeth(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
But why cant NCC make all the networks to have the same charges for calls?
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by confusion247(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
chei: This is nonsense. The NCC has no right to tell MTN what to charge their customers. If MTN wants to charge 1k per second then they should be free to do so, if any other telecom company can't stand the heat, they can pack up and leave.
The role of the NCC is to regulate quality and maintain a level playing field for the companies not to dictate pricing methods.
They should go to hell!
Kindly educate us more on how NCC should make sure that a level playing ground is maintained when the bigger company doesn't want the small ones to have their own share of fresh air.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by meselo2002: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
I think the whole essence of competition is for the subscribers to get best service at the cheapest rate. Before the coming of GLO into the market, charges for the existing providers were on per minute. Why did NCC not stop GLO from charging on per second?

The market should be open and let the subscribers make their choices. What NCC is doing is to cut off the nose to flattned the face. They are favouring some providers to the detriment of the populace. I think it is high time Govt scrapped this demon called NCC
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by mekaboy(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2013

NCC MUST HAVE BEEN BRIBED BY GLO TO ATTACK THE FOREIGN FIRM. NOBODY PROTECTS THE INTEREST OF THE MASSES IN THIS COUNTRY. JUST A BUNCH OF GREEDY POLITICIANS LOOKING AFTER THEIR OWN POCKET.

JUST LIKE DANGOTE USED OBASANJO TO STOP IBETO CEMENT , I AM SURE GLO IS USING NCC AS WELL.

1 Like

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Osamabinla: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
It's true that NCC directed MTN to suspend both MTN iPulse and Supersaver plus effective July 14th, 2013. So if you are on any of these two tarrif plan, it's advisable to migrate to MTN smooth-talk plan by dialing *401# or tru-talk plan by dialing *400#.

NCC can actually peg the maximum rate for voice calls but not directing outright suspension of tarrif plans for any telecom. Other telcos feel threatened by MTN and Globalcom market dominance hence various complaints to the morons called NCC.

In a bid to protect other telcos, they end up inconveniencing over 8million Nigerians . Instead of telling other telcos to lower their tarrif rate for voice calls so that we all Nigerians can enjoy same lower 10Kobo/sec rate that MTN has started , they end up killing market competition.

When two elephants fights, the grass(subscribers) suffers. NCC may think they are punishing MTN but what about over 8million subscribers that will also suffer due to NCC actions and the inability of our Government to provide the basic infrastructures such as power, good road network.

Back to the drawing board.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by kallysky3(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
rocking with excessive speed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Develops Algorithm That Creates Fake Videos With One Image (Pictures) / GLO Launches 'GBAM Hi Five' 5 Kobo Per Second New Tariff / Tecno Camon CM: Specification, Review & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.