Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society (8034 Views)

Make Up Artists And Beauties: Flawless By Sonya Complete Make Up Kit Available / Make Up Artists / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by FDenigma: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
I had the ill-fortune of making a cutting comment a few weeks back for which I'm still paying penance. I still wonder who that myopic fellow (obviously a guy) was who thought up such blatant falsehoods as "weaker vessels", "gentler sex" and "fairer sex". With no prejudice to the efforts of all the fanatical feminists (may God continue to bless you for making dating cheaper!), we men have never really been deceived.

I'm sorry, I digress.

There is a crisis fermenting in the underground subculture created by social media and glossy celebrity magazines. It is the gravest of all conflicts: an identity crisis.

In the past, make-up was a dash of lipstick, a dab of rouge and a few other touches meant to augment a woman's beauty. What obtains now is a range of prototypical doll's faces a lady can choose from and voila, instant plastic surgery. Did I say "instant"? More like six hours of Mandarin-like facial immobility. For those in need of fast fixes, Photoshop (apologies, Adobe) can turn your inner duckling into a black swan. These make-up (makeover) artistes have gone thermonuclear.

Imagine going to a wedding ceremony and being unable to identify the bride beneath layers of red, green, blue and nameless other hues. Thank God that the chastity of our brides still entitles them to the traditional white gown. Otherwise, bridegrooms (typical bumbling males) would be forgiven for not recognising their "better halves".

Another looming disaster is the potential failure of the national databases. Think of the cost involved in setting up the National Identity commission's database, Driver's Licence database, Immigration database, federal and state payroll databases among other myriad white-elephant duplications. These make-up artists and their digital Photoshop siblings are a bigger threat to National Security than that poor, misguided Snowden fellow. Imagine the multiple profile photos Nigerian women have uploaded to these databases with the potential for chaos they portend. Little wonder Britain has asked us to deposit £3000 for the logjam our women have created in their efficient processes.

The worst case is if, God forbid, a client should fall prey to our kidnapping kindred or the ritualistic vivisectionists. How, in Heaven's name, is our gallant police force expected to know who they seek when each photo shows a different avatar?

On a more personal note, I fear for the repentant bachelor who wakes after the bridal night to find a really homely woman in his bed. Homely, in the American sense, of course (we are all victims of Americanisms, inevitably).

The dissonance between a woman's mental self-image and the multiple different visual images (following prolonged make-up sessions) may be responsible for the psychological problems in our modern society. Our psychologists need to research this.

Let us all speak up against the chaos posed by this fundamental identity crisis.

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." - Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

PS: For those who may allege sexism in this matter, I agree with you fervently. I am a rabid feminist.

6 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Cholls(m): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
My brother u be "Word Assassin" cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by pri3stess(f): 11:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
E dey pain you?
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by FDenigma: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
pri3stess: E dey pain you?
E dey pain me wellu-wellu oh! Gaga oh!

1 Like

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Sike(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
Make I pass sharp sharp.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by 2legit2qwt: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
There are more important things in the society to be banned/concerned with, make-up artists are not even in the top 100

7 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by hoochay: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
why did i even comment self
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Ayorh4you(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
stalemate
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by BlackPeni5: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
I don't see how make-up is such a big problem. If no one can recognize them, its their problem not mine.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
i no even read the story finish.... No mb
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Fizboy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
dude take it easy mehn...
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by dahdah: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD SUMMARIZE THAT TIN FOR ME

3 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by LOUDmedia(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
penquin: i no even read the story finish.... No mb

cheesy
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by 3kay945(m): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
Please what is the meaning of this composition you put up there Mr. OP

2 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
So no better news from naija today ? Then let me turn to CNN.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Forzap: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ban dem 4 wat na?shey na illegal biznes ni?abi dem force u 2 do make-up?if u dont like it stay away frm it! shikena

1 Like

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Desloaaa(f): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
Bros ontop wetin na??:..

Calm down abeg
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by estellepink(f): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
U guys should tackle more important issues affecting this country rather than talking about makeups.Make up is not a must do thing so I don't see the reason why it shud be ur problem.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Forzap: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
2legit2qwt: There are more important things in the society to be banned/concerned with, make-up artists are not even in the top 100

1trillion like
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Oildichotomy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
2legit2qwt: There are more important things in the society to be banned/concerned with, make-up artists are not even in the top 100
My thought exactly!! Like WTF ! Why not ban make-up entirely and Adobe photoshop-- Even North Korea of all places haven't banned make-up yet--why Nigeria-- one of the reasons why Africa is backward-- concentrating on the trivials

1 Like

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by tohirah(f): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
And the aim of opening this thread is to get pple to support the ban of make up artiste? undecided

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Fazhy: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
Moves against women are not usually advisable. It could end careers.

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Nichobabe(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2013

Top 1000.

@OP How did you get front page?

make i go next thread.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by wheesin(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
please what are u saying...lame thread and it made front page..mods make sence o...InPARTICULAULARICAL THREAD
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Amule5000us(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by jmoore(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
@op, you should be banned from nairaland.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by slimyem: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
The writer made no point!!!
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Rhemmymatician(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
This is a Satire. Y'all are taking it too serious. Laugh and move on

3 Likes

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Zither(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Op, I fink you have over-exaggerated the entire issue of make-ups....really exaggerated... The associations and images you drew as regards make-ups are products of a very hyper-active imagination (no offence pls and don't take it the wrong way)....besides the fact that the use of make-ups evolve with each generation..infact, it is really nothing worth losing your sleep.

1 Like

Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by Tingles(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
@OP: Going by your logic, plastic surgeons are a menace to world at large.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by mkoabiola: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Do dey make cool cash?
U b bad belle4 u think dat direction.
Re: Ban Make-up Artists! They Are A Menace To Society by micki83(m): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Op,ur choice of words,grammar and lexicon are all impressive.however,if u string too many "big" words and terms together,it doesn't really allow for a smooth read! I had to struggle thru dis article(and I'm no dullard)...each time I got to d end of a sentence,I'd hav forgotten what was written at d beginning,so I had to start all over again,in order to join both halves of d sentence together and see how they relate to each other! Very stressful! U're no doubt,a good writer,but u hav to find a way to make ur readers sail smoothly thru ur pieces,witout compromising grammatical dynamics.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Ankara Styles In Vogue 2017 / New Arrivals Of Ladies Dresses From The Uk And Usa For 4000. / Where Can I Do Nice Dreads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.