Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,789 members, 7,798,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka (9726 Views)

Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 15, 2013
For decades, Prof. Wole Soyinka has kept a secret to himself, his grade when he left University College, Ibadan. But yesterday, the Nobel Laureate disclosed that contrary to insinuations, he graduated with a Second Class Upper and not Third Class as widely believed.

Soyinka broke his silence when he hosted secondary school students from across the country who were in Abeokuta, Ogun State to take part in this year’s “Open Doors Series” project, an international cultural exchange programme to mark his 79th birthday.

According to Soyinka, he had kept silent on the matter over the years, but decided to open up for the sake of the children as mark of respect for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by bigtt76(f): 3:58am On Jul 15, 2013
Heartbroken now ...always took solace in the fact Wole Soyinka and Gani Fawehinmi (RIP) were both third class but successful graduates to look up to now I have only #pej to think of as fellow ....#GodForbid grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by readonenaire(m): 5:28am On Jul 15, 2013
Well prof, why now, the myth has outgrown this current revelation, even my dumb english lecturer uses that as basis to fail us blindly (I hope it doesn't have to do with the heated polity) Defence tactic cheesy cheesy #justSaying oh . Long Live WS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2013
eyaaa, #cries# when will Patience Jonathan tell her fellow widow kids her grades...?
Re: I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by Dubemkelly(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2013
Not inspirational anymore.
Re: I Graduated With 2nd Class Upper From University Of Ibadan Prof. Wole Soyinka by olawalebabs(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2013

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

To All Cadets Of The Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron / NSCDC CG Orders Deployment Of Undercover Agents To Schools Nationwide. / O.A.U(A C E,ondo Chapter) Direct Entry 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.