Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 (32163 Views)

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / 3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by moodswing(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
Writers who suffer from intellectual cirrhosis like Wole Soyinka possess the capacity to write what the public cannot simply understand thus betraying the fundamental essence of literature.

Loooool. True.

Wole is double faced and self righteous.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: And so what? Prof let me bring primary school algebra for you and see how well you will do with it. Intelligence is not all about speaking big grammar, it's an all-round thing
who are you? You just took that outta my mouth. Wole Soyinka to me is a renound activist and got more fame for that. Wether 1st or 3rd class who gives a shiit? Its entirely his own business. He wasnt the first, he also wont be tha last. if you leave Nigerians ehn, them go fit fry ice block. To some benighted Nigerians, Soyinka is the brightest and most brilliant citizen. Oh smh....
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by xykms101: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
Monzuur: Either 3rd Class or 50th class the man is a great Legend........Garri remains 170naira per Congo in ilesha osun state!!!
ilesha? Never heard of that, it must be a very remote area where goats and sheeps are more than human. Loolz
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
moodswing:

Loooool. True.

Wole is double faced and self righteous.
so phuuuuuuucking truuuuuuuue. Wole is a mofo
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by biglawks(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
Wow! That's unbelievable, and it could sound as a motivation for students especially the youth.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by ayolatun(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
sholay2011:
Bro, your post reeks of low IQ. No insult intended but ur 'intelligence' needs questioning.

seconded
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by omonla555: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: And so what? Prof let me bring primary school algebra for you and see how well you will do with it. Intelligence is not all about speaking big grammar, it's an all-round thing

Most people are idiots, what has algebra got to do with this. This shows how naive and clueless you are.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
biglawks: Wow! That's unbelievable, and it could sound as a motivation for students especially the youth.
students have more than enough motivation, it's lectures who need to phucking understand they need not to deprive a student. Funny as Soyinka may sound, I think he has phucked up, we respected him more with the old perspective. So he even made a 2.1 if he was so bright why didn't he make a first class. BiiitchNigger was this even necessary? In nigeria We respect 1class, 2.2 and 3class even more because we understand how they came to be. Nigga couldn't even try. Looooool
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by tpapi: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is dat enof reason 2 insult another man's wife
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Briareos(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
houstonia: students have more than enough motivation, it's lectures who need to phucking understand they need not to deprive a student. Funny as Soyinka may sound, I think he has phucked up, we respected him more with the old perspective. So he even made a 2.1 if he was so bright why didn't he make a first class. BiiitchNigger was this even necessary? In nigeria We respect 1class, 2.2 and 3class even more because we understand how they came to be. Nigga couldn't even try. Looooool

Your post reeks of sheer envy in its undiluted form.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
omonla555: grin

Most people are idiots, what has algebra got to do with this. This shows how naive and clueless you are.
@omonla your body fit big but I swear your brain go freaking kinkili. Didn't English students partake in algebra test during your own school days undecided
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Damsman10(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: So this shit made the front page. Smh. Adieu Nairaland (2005-2013)
u c dat 1 talk... Aw u wan com grace d occassion
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by kolinz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
d difference is clear

RIP prof Achebe.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Briareos:

Your post reeks of sheer envy in its undiluted form.
see what I'm saying, one of soyinka's offsprings. Professor E.J Alagoa the greatest Niger Delta historian made a statement and I quote "a bright scholar is one who is capable of making the most complex statement easy enough for the ordinary man to understand " the more reason Awolowo made sure vanacular was encouraged in teaching science to the first partakers of the free education scheme. At the stage Nigeria is getting, With your big grammar you might get a job that would only afford you an internet for posting your stupid thoughts.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by olaheavy1: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Whether Wole Soyinka made 3rd or 2nd class grade, it doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that he's an over-achiever. At the end of the day, who was the first Blackman and the first African to win a Nobel laurel for Literature? The answer is Wole Soyinka.
Most roguish kids yearning bullsh!t are from the East. Thus, my question to them is: what grades did both Chinua Achebe and Jonathan make? The Easterners are
sinking fast and they're taking Jonathan and his hippopotamus of a wife with them. SMH.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Soyinka, the grand father of cultism in Nigerian Universities, why will he not graduated with third class when was attending cult meetings rather than attending lectures
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Briareos(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
kolinz: d difference is clear

RIP prof Achebe.

Seriously, dude? You didn't mean the RIP by bringing in the erudite here. Swerve, bitch.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by BizBloke(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
sholay2011:
Bro, your post reeks of low IQ. No insult intended but ur 'intelligence' needs questioning.

Mr. Dillish, you wicked o. Lwkm. Anyway, you're spot on.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Briareos(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
houstonia: see what I'm saying, one of soyinka's offsprings. Professor E.J Alagoa the greatest Niger Delta historian made a statement and I quote "a bright scholar is one who is capable of making the most complex statement easy enough for the ordinary man to understand " the more reason Awolowo made sure vanacular was encouraged in teaching science to the first partakers of the free education scheme. At the stage Nigeria is getting, With your big grammar you might get a job that would only afford you an internet for posting your stupid thoughts.

No need for insults, bro. I made an observation. And you called that big grammar? Seriously, dude?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
olaheavy1: Whether Wole Soyinka made 3rd or 2nd class grade, it doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that he's an over-achiever. At the end of the day, who was the first Blackman and the first African to win a Nobel laurel for Literature? The answer is Wole Soyinka.
Most roguish kids yearning bullsh!t are from the East. Thus, my question to them is: what grades did both Chinua Achebe and Jonathan make? The Easterners are
sinking fast and they're taking Jonathan and his hippopotamus of a wife with them. SMH.
you are very correct my brother, God gave the Westerners Nobel laurel as a natural resource so they would be very dependent on the east and possibly cause problems for the peace loving east as a way of expressing their bitterness.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by dammytosh: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Olaolufred: HE TOLD THOSE 79 KIDS NOT TO ALLOW ANYONE DECIEVE THEM TO PURSUE LESS THAN EXCELLENCE.
PEOPLE HAVE SAID THE STORY SO MANY TIMES THAT SOYINKA WAS A THIRD-CLASS GRADUATE.
THEREBY TELLING YOUTHS THAT GRADES FROM DEGREE DOES NOT MEAN MUCH.
THE AIR IS NOW CLEARED THAT OUR YOUTH SHOULD NOT BE DISCOURAGED OR FORCED INTO COMPLACENCY.
THE TARGETED AUDIENCE GOT IT.
TO THOSE WHO AREN'T A TARGET, IT WILL BE HARD TO COMPREHEND SUACH.

At least some one has brains on Nairaland.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Briareos:

No need for insults, bro. I made an observation. And you called that big grammar? Seriously, dude?
getting Frank with you here "do you observe in such contexts ?" the last man who observed in that manner was denied a ticket in the last elections, hence he didn't bother to ask why as he knew why
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Briareos(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
olaheavy1: Whether Wole Soyinka made 3rd or 2nd class grade, it doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that he's an over-achiever. At the end of the day, who was the first Blackman and the first African to win a Nobel laurel for Literature? The answer is Wole Soyinka.

Sh*t like this irritates me to high heavens. I've realized that the proponents of CA vs WS are lowlifes that know nothing about literature. I love the both of them and I'm glad they grace and graced this world with their works. Where they come from is of no importance to me. They both opened my eyes to horizons that was sheathed by the giant imperialistic entity in the form of our colonial masters.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
Briareos:

Sh*t like this irritates me to high heavens. I've realized that the proponents of CA vs WS are lowlifes that know nothing about literature. I love the both of them and I'm glad they grace and graced this world with their works. Where they come from is of no importance to me. They both opened my eyes to horizons that was sheathed by the giant imperialistic entity in the form of our colonial masters.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OWVERRR. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked respect man, do you really talk like this? Like seriously yarn with your paddy them like this This guy shouldn't be in Nigeria, you shouldn't even be on Nairaland. Na Dollarland you suppose dey
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by okwele1(f): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
from 3rd class all these years & all of a sudden 2.1 in 2013. Even d prof does not remember what he graduated with, yet he opens his mouth everytime to critisize our president & wife. Mtew
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
jidesp: One thing i will say here is. DAMN! some of you have got Issues. LOL. A Guy mentioned something about algebra or so. The thing is whether he has a 3rd class or second, it doesn't really matter in this part of the world. He is simply saying it because he has attained a lot in life because he is smart enough to explore is imagination and put it into perspective, there are people with first class but didn't even make the headlines.

I think, sometimes y'all just need to chill and not debate on what will only make you believe these people didn't even know what it feels like to eat crumbs. One person can influence a nation, and its not necessary that everyone accept his/her notion, but people who don't just type what comes to their mind will understand this better. as hard as the nation is he pulled through, stop being a hater and just be happy whenever he makes the headline.

Stop complaining about someone who rose from nothing to something, change your situation, explore your imagination, put it into perpective.

For me, i am proud of him because he is one of the Nigerians that still makes me look towards a brighter future and still believe in a better tomorrow.

Wole Soyinka, is a sage of Intellectual Genius.;d wink cheesy grin tongue lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I doubt that, am yet to see how important wole is or his contribution to literature. I struggled to make sure I got americana from adichie,things fall apart from achebe, joys of motherhood from buchi. But I managed to own the interpreter from ws. I have been struggling since then to have passion for the book but I can't, it just too pirate-like to me.
am not trying to discredit woke soyinka but the man looks more of a politician than a literary Icon to me. As for the laureate and the professorship, the waters are slowly getting clearer.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by rezzy: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
xykms101: ilesha? Never heard of that, it must be a very remote area where goats and sheeps are more than human. Loolz

you just cross from togo to niaja ni?
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by houstonia(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
jchime:
I doubt that, am yet to see how important wole is or his contribution to literature. I struggled to make sure I got americana from adichie,things fall apart from achebe, joys of motherhood from buchi. But I managed to own the interpreter from ws. I have been struggling since then to have passion for the book but I can't, it just too pirate-like to me.
am not trying to discredit woke soyinka but the man looks more of a politician than a literary Icon to me. As for the laureate and the professorship, the waters are slowly getting clearer.
I said the same thing on my first post. Soyinka is more of an activist
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Orikinla(m): 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
ShyM-X:
The Nigerian press/media needs to leave this man alone and stop asking him stupid questions. Don't they have any other news to report in that country other than continue to disturb an old legendary man? If they don't have news, they should create one and leave the man alone.

Stop putting him out there for attacks by riffraff, thugs, illiterates, and losers!!

God bless you.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by wordcat(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
[quote
author=la_unique]And so what? Prof let me bring primary school algebra
for you and see how well you will do with it. Intelligence is not all
about speaking big grammar, it's an all-round thing[/quote]
:
Na Bad belle go kill u.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Pat4lyf: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
How does that affect the price of garri in market?
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by gtrust: 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
jchime:

Achebe and other Prof make their money lecturing world-wide and NOT Federal Government & Amaechi/Rivers state contractor!

other professors and noble laureate 'eat' from their work but this prof soyinka eats from Nigerian National cake!
He is government contractor and once government appointee!
His daughters are permenant Aso Rock staff.
His son is a commissioner in Ogun state.

He started cultism in Nigerian universities ever.
He said he wanted to 'protect my women' and now you can see the man NO GET LIVER YARN BABE!
He used Sea-dog pirate to molest women and has continued till date.

Ojukwu yarn better babes but this prof uses sea-dog

You can now understand why he can insult someone's wife.

How can you call someone's wife: 'mere domestic appendage' when Mrs Jonathan was present in ALL the campaigns and I watched AIT Live at 4am. Jonathan Vs Atiku and that woman was still there by her husband.

Prof is a SEXIST!!!!!

Women should COME OUT and ask Prof for explanation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.