Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,073 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names (8877 Views)

Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (MUST SEE) / Meet Nigeria And West Africa’s First Female Military Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by 2legit2qwt: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
In what has to be one of the more embarrassing cock-ups in TV news history, KTVU, a Bay Area news station announced on its noon show today that the pilots of the Asiana flight 214 which crashed as it attempted to land at San Francisco airport last Saturday were named, and I am not making this up, “Sum Ting Wong,” “Wi Tu Lo,” “Ho Lee Fuk,” and “Bang Ding Ow.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU2m3xf99R4

An apology was also posted on station’s Web site which reiterated that “… the names were confirmed by an NTSB official in the agency’s Washington, D.C. office.”

Interestingly, Gawker notes that:

NTSB Public Affairs Officer Peter Knudson just told Gawker that the NTSB’s policy is to never give out pilot names in these situations, which contradicts KTVU’s claims. “I don’t know who [KTVU] got that from, but we do not release names,” he said.

I’d guess someone, somewhere is going to get fired.

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today’s incident.

Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.

Of course, the summer intern did not act “outside the scope of his authority” … that’s just a mealy-mouthed way of saying that the intern pulled practical joke in bad taste and the NTSB has a gaping hole in its standard operating procedures.

Source:forbes

Holy Bleep shocked shocked

That's messed up and funny as hell grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by BlackPeni5: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
cheesy
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by kingarizona(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Blood of God!!!! Wetin I be
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
Funny but offensive.
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by ZN2: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
A summer intern? That won't go down well.
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by lafuria1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ok
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by delors(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, she was suspended because of the gaffe but the whole episode is really funny.
'Some Thing Wrong' for Sum Tin Wong
'We Too Low' for Wi Tu Lo
Holy F**k for Ho Lee Fuk
'Bang The Hole' for Bang Ding Ow
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oh my God! How I love Asian names. lol.
I guess they will need the services of an experienced lawyer called 'Ai Wee Su' (I will sue) grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by ocelot2006(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! grin =D good one!
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ho lee fuk cheesy

Z dat guy a NLer? Spambot things grin
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by ZN2: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors: Yeah, she was suspened adterwards for the gaffe but the whole episode is really funny.
Holy F**k for Ho Lee Fuk
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oh my God! How I love Asian names. lol.

Get outta here you. grin grin grin
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
We've all read.
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by collynzo2(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors: Yeah, she was suspended because of the gaffe but the whole episode is really funny.
Holy F**k for Ho Lee Fuk
I guess they will need the services of an experienced lawyer called 'Ai Wee Su' (I will sue) grin grin grin
sabi sabi Band Ding Ow is more like noise made before explosion.

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by 1shortblackboy: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
hmm you insult d master of the dragon fist ! i will revenge my master ! Prepare to die !*sets d dragon fist style

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by supaeagles(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ha ha, see how the news caster even take style to pronounce the 3rd name "Fuk" ..... chei people seriously mugu'd this news station no be small!

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by delors(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
collynzo2: sabi sabi Band Ding Ow is more like noise made before explosion.
haha bro, you dey here again? Which kind sound be 'bang Ding Ow'? na from your village that kind one dey sound o...as far as me concern, that sounds like 'Bang The Hole'! Deal with it cool
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by collynzo2(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors:
haha bro, you dey here again? Which kind sound be 'bang Ding Ow'? na from your village that kind one dey sound o...as far as me concern, that sounds like 'Bang The Hole'! Deal with it cool
Enjoy your ignorance bro.
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sorry oh,
but am I supposed to laugh? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Ayorh4you(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rap maestro: u be f00l o, u quoted everyfin and still miscalculated cos u're definately not the first to comment but fagg to comment, DANCE TO HELL WITH YOUR F**KING AZONTO BANG THE HOLE fool

FRUSTRATED OLD ANIMAL................ABEG WAKA GO FRONT
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by lifestyle1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by supaeagles(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors:
[url=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/what-does-%91bang-ding-ow%92-mean-ar-4299973.html]what does Bang Ding Ow mean ?[/url]
I believe @collynzo2 is correct.
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Fazhy: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
ArQueBusieR: Funny but offensive.

Seconded!

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors: Yeah, she was suspended because of the gaffe but the whole episode is really funny.
Holy F**k for Ho Lee Fuk
I guess a lawyer named 'Mi Su Yu' will be more appropriate in this case.

3 Likes

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by binhozie(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
delors:

Like it or not bro you are wrong
All those names coincide with expressions of the pilots before or during the crash
And yes bang and ding are sounds of a crash and ow is the expression of someone who probably hit his head so where does "bang the hole" feature here you pervert

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by dimdim001(m): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
If you check correctly, the names are supposed to be things said when they realised something bad is gonna happen to the plane

Sum Tin Wong - something is wrong

Wi Tu Low - we are too low

Ho Lee Fuk - holy f**k

Bang Ding Ow - bang...ding...ouch *like the sound made in cartoons when something crash lands*

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by delors(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
binhozie:

Like it or not bro you are wrong
All those names coincide with expressions of the pilots before or during the crash
And yes bang and ding are sounds of a crash and ow is the expression of someone who probably hit his head so where does "bang the hole" feature here you pervert
Hey perverted Judge! Easy on yourself...why commit suicide because someone else likens a sound he hears to something else? cheesy

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by delors(m): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
supaeagles: [url=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/what-does-%91bang-ding-ow%92-mean-ar-4299973.html]what does Bang Ding Ow mean ?[/url]
I believe @collynzo2 is correct.
Yeah, i think so too...its just a gaffe anyway. Thanks

1 Like

Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by delors(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
collynzo2: Enjoy your ignorance bro.
Oh I see. It shows they were about to crash land? oh ok. Thanks for leading me out of ignorance. You will be remembered!
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
I see u,holy f*ck.funny bt why make fun of the dead?rip to them though
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Onyenna(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Shooo!!!!!
Re: KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
formula89: I see u,holy f*ck.funny bt why make fun of the dead?rip to them though
None of the pilots died.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 4 Most Beautiful(sexy) Women In Entertainment !!! / ..DAVIDO Is My God, I’m Worshipping Him Now (PICS) / Assist A Nairalander Grow A Youtube Channel To enable Monetization pls !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.