Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today (10101 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting / ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by donclark(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
The ASUU strike is still on though a crucial meeting is rumored to be holding on monday(Today). Let's hope if this holds, it comes out fruitful...
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Atare21(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
any info about the outcome yet? i pray it comes out positive
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by ceospecial(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Atare21: any info about the outcome yet? i pray it comes out positive
positive gini? I neva collect my salary

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by lickylicky(f): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Am praying and hoping the outcome of the meeting will be positive. This strike has entered the third week already, it is well...
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by lilTunechi(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
lickylicky: Am praying and hoping the outcome of the meeting will be positive. This strike has entered the third week already, it is well...
positive? Haba. Abg o i neva du wetin i wan du 4 haus yet.
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by nanauju(f): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
I just pray ASUU calls off this strike. My skul is kinda slow and this strike is going to worsen the situation
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Mikebis(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
lilTunechi: positive? Haba. Abg o i neva du wetin i wan du 4 haus yet.
shut,i say shut up,waithn u de do 4 hs,u de gv ur pickn breast abi,abeg me wan go bk 2 skul o
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Mikebis(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
ceospecial: positive gini? I neva collect my salary
no wori,i go help u collect am
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Strike: Senate, ASUU, FG meeting deadlocked on July 15, 2013 at 8:53 pm in News By Henry Umoru & Joseph Erunke ABUJA- THE negotiations among the Senate, the Federal government and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU over the ongoing industrial action embarked by universities lecturers ended without parties reaching any compromise. The meeting which was at the instance of the chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, PDP Abia North, was called to pacify the striking lecturers with a bid to finding a common ground. However, a source at the meeting revealed that all efforts to push for a call off of the strike proved abortive as members of ASUU stood their grounds. The source also said that for well over seven hours, Chukwumerije was literarily on his kneels pleading with the lecturers to consider the plights of the students and call off the strike, but ASUU members refused to shift ground. The meeting had in attendance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Education, Professor Ruquayyatu Rufai; Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, NUC, Professor Julius Okojie and members of the Senate Committee on Education,among others.

Source: vanguardngr.com
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Strike: Senate, ASUU, FG meeting deadlocked on July 15, 2013 at 8:53 pm in News By Henry Umoru & Joseph Erunke ABUJA- THE negotiations among the Senate, the Federal government and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU over the ongoing industrial action embarked by universities lecturers ended without parties reaching any compromise. The meeting which was at the instance of the chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, PDP Abia North, was called to pacify the striking lecturers with a bid to finding a common ground. However, a source at the meeting revealed that all efforts to push for a call off of the strike proved abortive as members of ASUU stood their grounds. The source also said that for well over seven hours, Chukwumerije was literarily on his kneels pleading with the lecturers to consider the plights of the students and call off the strike, but ASUU members refused to shift ground. The meeting had in attendance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Education, Professor Ruquayyatu Rufai; Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, NUC, Professor Julius Okojie and members of the Senate Committee on Education,among others.

Source: vanguardngr.com
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Mikebis(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
lilTunechi: positive? Haba. Abg o i neva du wetin i wan du 4 haus yet.
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Brimmie(m): 5:33am On Jul 16, 2013
[size=20]Make Una Just Allow Us Fast Finish B4 Una Go Call Off.. Abeg!![/size]
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by philfearon(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmmmm...i just came back from school yestaday,although my school joined on 4th....
But then,make them never call off the strike abeg...I Have many catching up to do at home to do,and na pure Bleep up na....Check am na.....Abeg make them continue d deliberate till next month Jare!!
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Okaforelisha: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
When is the next ASUU meeting with the Fed govt?
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Okaforelisha: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
Why is this ASUU strike lingering? Wot prevents d fed govt 4rm fulfilling dia promise? Abeg make dem do call am off, jaw...man do old finish 4 school. After na, companies go de put age limit 4 person. WHO KNOW wen ASUU and fed govt go mit again?
Re: ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today by Okaforelisha: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Wen be d nxt ASUU/fed govt mitin slated?

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Junior's WAEC Result-Babafaros / Searching For Off-campus Hostels In Nigeria? 10 Factors To Consider / Profile Of Adegboye, Ilaro SUG President, You Will Know If He Is A Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.