Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. (843 Views)

Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / Suggestion To Moderators On BANNING! *fellow Nlanders Wat Do U Think* / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
I have a big suggestion in mind and i hope you gonna like it: Why dont you just add some new feature like number of followers someonehas, and also make a way in which people can share status update and followers are gonna be alerted their followed fan has just updateda new post in which will enable then to open that link and comment,like and share.. I think Nairaland could through that way be our naijatwitter.. And celebs are gonnafocus more on nairaland.
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
When people you're following post new threads, those threads will be added to your followed topics list. Did you know that?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by gluv01(f): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Codedrock: I have a big suggestion in mind and i hope you gonna like it: Why dont you just add some new feature like number of followers someonehas, and also make a way in which people can share status update and followers are gonna be alerted their followed fan has just updateda new post in which will enable then to open that link and comment,like and share.. I think Nairaland could through that way be our naijatwitter.. And celebs are gonnafocus more on nairaland.

I don't like it. It can never be the 'naija twitter' you want. Same way you can't turn Vanguard to be like Facebook news feed. It's cool this way. If you follow a hundred people, you can't check fully their status, when updated even twice a day. And yep, as Seun said, you can see a new thread created by the person you are following.
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by kunlesehan(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
good work ur doing mr. seun. but let's be able 2 chat n rant all we want in a separate forum. like a chatroom.
god bless u bro.
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by kunlesehan(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Also let's be able to recognize anyone who likes our posts.
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by kobenol(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
kunlesehan: Also let's be able to recognize anyone who likes our posts.
I second on this one...not on chat though...unh hmm...Nada! NO CHAT!
I'd like to know people who like my posts...then perhaps be able to like my own posts..that's all!
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 4:56am On Jul 17, 2013
kunlesehan: Also let's be able to recognize anyone who likes our posts.
That has already being argued. Nairaland is trying to create a situation where people like posts because they think the posts are genuinely good and not because they want the attention of the poster.

You will agree that is you had a crush on someone and you wanted attention, you could just go on a "liking spree" not minding if the post makes sense or not but if the person who likes a post remains anonymous, people will like only because they find that post likable and nothing else

1 Like

Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by k2039: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
That has already being argued. Nairaland is trying to create a situation where people like posts because they think the posts are genuinely good and not because they want the attention of the poster.

You will agree that is you had a crush on someone and you wanted attention, you could just go on a "liking spree" not minding if the post makes sense or not but if the person who likes a post remains anonymous, people will like only because they find that post likable and nothing else
grin liking spree.

1 Like

Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
Want to be seeing the numbers of followers someone has!
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
Codedrock: Want to be seeing the numbers of followers someone has!
www.nairaland.com/followers

you are welcome
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
www.nairaland.com/followers

you are welcome
bro wetin you dey talk na? You 've been missquoting me since, i already know of all d craps you and seun are writting up there... I mean i want the numbers to be showing on our profile like people could see the numbers of people following you.. Like twitter
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Codedrock:
bro wetin you dey talk na? You 've been missquoting me since, i already know of all d craps you and seun are writting up there... I mean i want the numbers to be showing on our profile like people could see the numbers of people following you.. Like twitter
What does knowing the number do to you? I don't understand this but it is your opinion sha
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
What does knowing the number do to you? I don't understand this but it is your opinion sha
man dont you still get it? I mean it should be showing on people's profile, if someone checks your profile it should show that the this person has 200 followers 300 400 or whatever.. Why are you so difficult in explaining things to?
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
Codedrock:
man dont you still get it? I mean it should be showing on people's profile, if someone checks your profile it should show that the this person has 200 followers 300 400 or whatever.. Why are you so difficult in explaining things to?
and my question is simple......what is the importance of showing that a user has a certain number of followers?
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by kobenol(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
@op I guess the philosophy here's that some things are just not meant for somethings. E.g A knife won't do much good in cutting a tree ...So there you go...axe, saw, Matchete...etc winkwinkwink
**Just Saying**
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
and my question is simple......what is the importance of showing that a user has a certain number of followers?
do i have to explain this to you again.. Owk, know your types.
The importance is that it will show how people how popular and lot of fans u 've gat...
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Codedrock:
do i have to explain this to you again.. Owk, know your types.
The importance is that it will show how people how popular and lot of fans u 've gat...
And when did NL become a tool to test your popularity and grease your over bloated ego?
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
And when did NL become a tool to test your popularity and grease your over bloated ego?

i think you should answer that question above yourself, cos nobody meant what you wrote above..
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
Codedrock:
i think you should answer that question above yourself, cos nobody meant what you wrote above..

Same reply.......
Mynd_44:

Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:

Same reply.......
just keep mute.. Ehn?
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Mynd44: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Codedrock:
just keep mute.. Ehn?
Still don't get it?
Re: My Special Suggestion To Seun And His Programmers About Nairaland. by Codedrock(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
Still don't get it?
oh no.. Just got it! I know you are really indeed those types wey no get job to do.. We go see whom is gonna surrender here..

(1) (Reply)

Protest In Nigeria Embassy In London Against Child Rape In Ngeria / ... / What's Your Worst Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.