Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,619 members, 7,801,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War (21612 Views)

Presidency Warns Biafra Agitators / Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by yeeboowore: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
uche okpara 100: i'm surprised hw some fools are scared of death and loosing properties here, wich property do u hv? and wich life are u living wen u cant feed, no job no light, and u 're still being extorted and u still wnt to leave, wen some people whole never worked and can never be poor, nigerians 're d course of their problms alwys afraid of death thtz y pastors 'll scare u and take d remainin one u hv because thy knw who u are (fear fear people) i swear we need revolution whoever survive should enjoy instead of living like moving corps tht cant afford 2 square meal a day.

I agree we need a revolution but that was how one man was raving and ranting in 1967 and later sought refuge in the CIV and later came through the back door to beg the Government to release his property. They will be the first people to turn the expressway in to a runaway when sh.it happens and evacuate their family members.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by REVOLUTNIS: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
The best for us at this time is to go war and dismembered
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by oluamid(m): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Freedani: Ans:@ j-fast
Yorubas-Congo,Civ and Bokinabance,Ghana,Tahiti
Hausas: Niger,Chad,Saudi,Iraq,Iran Parkistian.
Igbos:Israel,U.S,France,China,Japan,

Now I see you don't really like the Igbos. Except they can now walk on water or you expect birds to fly them to those countries, I don't see how they can go all that way in case of a civil war.

For your mind now Igbos go migrate go those Western nations abi? Lolz!
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Afroconnect: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
The president should punish all those who are acting with impunity,ensure all those enjoying proceeds of corruption are prosecuted.any peace in the face of injustice is an illusive peace.
Nigeria might not go through a full blown civil war,but if these mass looting of public funds and Government wastage that leads to unemployment and lack of basic amenities for Nigerians is not stopped,I foresee a massive people's movement to change the status quo...Nigerians are literally living in pains,they might be enjoying,but to some people without hope-they don't see much value in living.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by leonard509(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
yap. .make the civil war happen. . .make e happen btw only thoz fuckd up poll-ee-thief-shan . . .and i pray make no civilian get dia time. .make al d politicians cari maze kill dia sef. .
angry

1 Like

Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by IYANGBALI: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Obiagelli: Who is warning who? Na me wan cause civil war?
no na me Shidi grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by prodam(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
As much as we want a change, positive one to be precise, a revolution or going to war is not the solution.

However, there can be a revolution in our thinking, we can have an overhaul in the way we look at issues, we could have an improvement in our ideologies as citizens of the country. The bitter truth is that the leadership system and all that is happening within is a reflection of the society.

Today, most youths are in disarray, they are not motivated, they lack proper up bringing and are always after enriching their pockets either by hook or by crook. Will a revolution or war change that?
Will a revolution replace our brains?
Our leaders are endorsed and elected by a majority, who forms that majority?? You and I. Who forms a rented crowd? You and I. Who forms thugs and political watchdog. Nigerians of course, with we youths constituting a large part. Until when we have a majority thinking in the right direction, we will still be swimming in the quagmire of problems.

Yes, the government have failed us, yes our education system is bad, yes, we have no good health care.but the question is; Do all these start today? At most times, we have honored past leaders claiming despite their ineptitude, they still performed more than present leaders.

Another point to keep our eyes away from a revolution at the moment is a lesson from the military era, when the civilians were in power, we complained, when the military came in, we complained on same issues centering on our basic amenities and dividends of being a citizen.

Finally, just like I have always said, its hightime we youths prove our dexterity to the people of Nigeria by putting up good attitude in our various disciplines. This will inform them of our competence in handling public offices.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by geeez: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
agitator: Yugoslavia, Rwanda and Burundi massacres will be child's play, if there is civil war in Nigeria.

Some communities are just waiting for a perfect excuse to exterminate their neighouring communities. Even within communities some families are also waiting to wipe out other families they feel are depriving them.

It will be total ethnic cleansing. Let nobody fool us that it will all go well.

The fear of Hague won't deter people.

Anybody who is not in his/her community when fighting breaks out, will be seen as collateral damage.

If you like take it or leave it, that's my 1kobo opinion. undecided undecided undecided

Lagos belongs to the Igbos

Nna remain in Festac and Ladipo.

Lagos is your land

Nothing do you
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by jking001(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
At the end of it all who stands to benefit ?and what would the casuality look like?I think the masses get to suffer ,women and children also the rich and middle class who are wise have already moved their children abroad,you booth out this set of bourgeois to replace them with another i bet you we would keep killing ourselves until we find our identity war or revolution is not the only wat out we need to change the way we think our culture of wickedness a war or revolution would not do that for us .

1 Like

Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Ozonna(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Most of the guys shouting war have never seen ordinary frat war in school not to talk of REAL WAR scenario. If war starts Pres GEJ, Tinubu, Buhari,etc will travel out with their family members and we the masses will stay here fighting for what we really don't understand.

AKUKO NA EGWU

1 Like

Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by yeeboowore: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quoteauthor=Ozonna] Most of the guys shouting war have never seen ordinary frat war in school not to talk of REAL WAR scenario. If war starts Pres GEJ, Tinubu, Buhari,etc will travel out with their family membersand we the masses will stay here fighting for what we really don't understand.AKUKO NA EGWU[/quote]

God bless you very much. But you failed to add that ojukwu and madiebo had in your own words "travelled out with their family members" after wasting the lives of 3M people
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by gratiaeo(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
If the civil war will be the answer let there be. Imagine me to pack out from 3 bedroom flat to a room and parlor apartment because i can not pay my 250k annual rent. Nigeria govt is wicked!!!
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Abuklaw(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Freedani: If they do, we'll have no other option than to mobilise guys and invade,capture, send them out and inherit their belongings grin grin
prepare for the imminent revolution that hang @ the doorstep
https://www.nairaland.com/1357950/group-calls-mass-protest-oust/2#16805532
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
God help Nigeria
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by bloggernaija: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: Like someone said, In case kasala bursts, the looters gonna leave us stranded,and hopeless leaving us (the masses) to bear the brunt...
The only way to pin most of them down in time is to hijack the airports,, destroy or erect blockades on the runways of every fucking airport.....
And lets all die in this country together....

#afterall, they(polithiefcians) triggered naija civil war 11, and this time they ain't goin nowhere...

Ignorant post -dem they catch mess?
There are over 400 private landing strips in nigeria.they are not even going to bother with taking their private jets.they will simply thuraya mercenary crews from say SA to land at one of their numerous bush strips,pay them in cash and away they go.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by kcpumping(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
ZUBY77: The poor and raped masses of this country are alteady at war with hunger and fear.

The youths of this country are at war with unemployment. Your current administration has given them no hope but useless programmes such as Sure-p and YouWin where you set exams among millions, select a few of them and reward.

What war are you talking about sir. oh weapons.

We are at War in Borno, Adamawa, Yobe, Rivers, Bayelsa, Nasarawa etc..

I guess what you mean by war is Biafra vs Arewa or Afenifere. No, We have outgrown that kind of war. We live among each other now and inter-marry.
Unlike 1967-70, Muslims marry Christians now.

GBAM....U NAILED IT BRO

Sir the problem is you thieves who own houses in Dunai, London and Europe without any record of civil service or business empire.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by powerblaze(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Stylaay: If another civil is what it will take to have a sane and better nigeria where my children will have better opportunities than me. Where they will know life holds a promise for them if they do what is right them so be it. I can't help but wonder why this country is cursed with selfish and corrupt leaders. We keep reading about revolution and war it is bound to happen the earlier we brace up for it the better prepared we would be. It's unfortunate we are dividee along ethnic and religious lines that the aspect of our revolution that would be unpredictable. You can't continue flashing your ill gotten wealth in the face of so much suffering. A graduate puts in 11hrs working and earns what can hardly cater for his offer let alone his family. If u don't have a university education there exits no sector created for secondary school leavers. The banks do not encourage businesses to grow they lend money at exorbitant interest rates discouraging the economy from growing Politicians on the other hand and government appointees meanwhile do not even put in half the effort you put in and they live in criminal affluence. There is awareness now it's a matter of time we need to get it right in this country or the revolution is inevitable.

E-Soldier! cheesy

One bullet to your head, and ur history bro! NO ONE WILL MISS YOU!
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by atuagbo: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Obiagelli: Who is warning who?
We are 2 warn them, we the youths are angry with our leaders!
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Chynx(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Igbo.owore:

I agree we need a revolution but that was how one man was raving and ranting in 1967 and later sought refuge in the CIV and later came through the back door to beg the Government to release his property. They will be the first people to turn the expressway in to a runaway when sh.it happens and evacuate their family members.
You are simply a fool!
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by greatmen: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
He is right i see so many pple tlking crap do you think war is a joke,smh u r already @ war with hunger etc when the death of thousands of corpses stink and babies removed frm their mothers womb I hope u can eat well pls never pray for war nigerians no one gains as fr d politicians dier family dey abroad dem go leave una here to rot
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by greatmen: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
Segeggs: America has predicted nigeria's disintegration by 2015 with our government not doing anything about it.
. Na u go distingrate lik gadafi is america God !
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by greatmen: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
A lot of flks in the diasphora writing dwn comments of pro war revolution tlk, pls come back and be in the front line wen war starts and limbs r been chopped, not chilling @ las vegas shouting war! Revolution !
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by bokohalal(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
I do not understand how you warn against a civil war.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Freedani(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Joavid:
like seriously undecided
yeacheesy
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by InvertedHammer: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Enijomah: One thing some of us dont understand is that,this so called politicians who are beatiing the drum of war will neva join in the fight,they wil fly out and alow the poor to die and later come back and take over any dead persons proparty,pls we all should be wise,dont support

/
The fact that everyone tells you the politicians will fly out is all there is to know.

Having known this, do you think the airports and borders will not be closely marked by irate mobs?

When revolution starts, it usually starts like play like play.

Politicians being human and Nigerians, will think it is business as usual and stay put.

The same stubborn wey dem dey use steal with impunity, na the same stubborn go make dem dey when e shele.

I will bet anyone and if and when revolution starts, most will be caught unawares
and will have no where to hide/go.
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by born2boink(m): 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
geeez:

Lagos is your land

Nothing do you
which kind lagos belong to igbos. ogun,lagos,ondo,ekiti,osun and part of kwara belong to the yorubas, any igbo caught during war will be terminated and their property belong to us
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by debetmx(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chynx:
You are simply a fool!

Obviously you have not learnt anything[b][/b][b][/b]. I remember ojukwu assuring they would "fight to the last man". Let me quote from AdeWALE Ademoyega's book "Why We Struck" Page 196,

"In Biafra, the war fever had been on for nearly a year. Their Governor, now Head of State, had always assured them they would "fight to the last man" - which in some quarters was interpreted to mean even in defeat, Biafrans would rather die than surrender. Before the outbreak of the war, the meaning of his expression was hidden from their eyes. I myself, hugging to my radio in my small detention room in Warri prison, always wondered why ojukwu was sure he would be finished, especially adding when his men were finished, the grass would fight. I kept on wondering whether or not he really meant it. Later on, after I had been released to join in the struggle, I realised ojukwu knew what he was talking about. He knew he that he was ill-prepared for the fight and that if it came, he had nothing to send against the enemy except the bodies of his own citizens - no guns, no armour, no planes, no ships - only flesh and flesh and flesh - what a suicide plot, or was it a reverse pogrom? Did this have to be so?
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Freedani(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
oluamid:

Now I see you don't really like the Igbos. Except they can now walk on water or you expect birds to fly them to those countries, I don't see how they can go all that way in case of a civil war.

For your mind now Igbos go migrate go those Western nations abi? Lolz!
guy u suppose know watssup na.lols
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by agitator: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
geeez:

Lagos is your land

Nothing do you

This your obsession with Lagos, hhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Hope you will not be surprised when casala burst.

Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. People from rural areas still troop to state capitals in search of gold. Just like the people in the remote villages of the United Kingdom used to think the walkways of London were paved with gold.

When you are sober, just reflect a bit on what will happen if eventually there is an ethnic war.

Do you think your banks can operate in your enemies territory, or
SHELL, AGIP, MOBIL, ELF, NNPC and all other multinational oil and oil service companies will still have their corporate head office in Lagos for you to get jobs with mouth watering salaries?
Also put into consideration, this time the war will be widespread unlike the previous one that the whole nation was on one side against the Ibos.

DON'T PRAY FOR WHAT YOU CAN'T CONTEND WITH.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by greatmen: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
grin
born2fuck: which kind lagos belong to igbos. ogun,lagos,ondo,ekiti,osun and part of kwara belong to the yorubas, any igbo caught during war will be terminated and their property belong to us
na d revolution be dis to exterminate tribes and steal abeg as egypt d revolution or syria or lybia tins dun better I wish all these pple tlking war wld jst appear in somalia grin
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by Freedani(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
born2fuck: which kind lagos belong to igbos. ogun,lagos,ondo,ekiti,osun and part of kwara belong to the yorubas, any igbo caught during war will be terminated and their property belong to us
guy e be like say u never do the normal tin today.this one u are reasoning from your dick
Re: Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War by greatmen: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
agitator:

This your obsession with Lagos, hhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Hope you will not be surprised when casala burst.

Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. People from rural areas still troop to state capitals in search of gold. Just like the people in the remote villages of the United Kingdom used to think the walkways of London were paved with gold.

When you are sober, just reflect a bit on what will happen if eventually there is an ethnic war.

Do you think your banks can operate in your enemies territory, or
SHELL, AGIP, MOBIL, ELF, NNPC and all other multinational oil and oil service companies will still have their corporate head office in Lagos for you to get jobs with mouth watering salaries?
Also put into consideration, this time the war will be widespread unlike the previous one that the whole nation was on one side against the Ibos.

DON'T PRAY FOR WHAT YOU CAN'T CONTEND WITH.
tell them you think the niger deltans wld sit back too trust me the ibos wnt be alone this time please dnt pray for war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Order Banks To Unfreeze Patience Jonathan's Accounts / Wike Departs Port Harcourt For Abuja, In Preparation For PDP Convention - Pics / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.