Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt (18212 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2013
Just heard it now on Nigeriainfo fm that some youths are blocking shell around that Rumuikishi axis where probably shell operates calling for youths to be employed that they can't take such rubbish anymore..especially those who couldn't scale through the recent shell online graduate recruitment..guys are vexing...enough is enough.
More update still coming though but if you reside within that Rumuikishi axis you can update the house..

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Super1759: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes: Just heard it now on Nigeriainfo fm that some youths are blocking shell around that Rumuikishi axis where probably shell operates calling for youths to be employed that they can't take such rubbish anymore..especially those who couldn't scale through the recent shell online graduate recruitment..guys are vexinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg...enough is enough.
More update still coming though but if you reside within that Rumuikishi axis you can update the house..
Where be Rumuikishi ?

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2013
Only violent revolution will stop such insolence!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Tolexander: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Please! help us to record the whole scenerio and post it here.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by NaijaFlow: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Those youth deserve to be shot.

Let me decorate your silly sense with a reply, why should they be shot?

9 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Akanbiedu(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes: Just heard it now on Nigeriainfo fm that some youths are blocking shell around that Rumuikishi axis where probably shell operates calling for youths to be employed that they can't take such rubbish anymore..especially those who couldn't scale through the recent shell online graduate recruitment..guys are vexinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg...enough is enough.

If you agree with the bolded, you should be shot too.

NaijaFlow:

6 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by kkkp: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2013
D earlier d beta
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by solarmanng: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2013
Correction to the poster: It is the Shell IA at Rumuobiakani along Old Aba Road in PHC that was barricaded by the youths with palm fronds. Hence, bringing all business activities there to a halt as their personnel cannot enter into the premises and personnel already inside cannot come out. This situation has resulted to heavy traffic along the old Aba road.
However, heavy security presence could be seen around the area to ensure the situation does not degenerate.
Kudos to NPF in trying to ensure that vehicular traffic along the road returns to normalcy.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by bloggernaija: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Comon go ahead make una destroy everything pata pata
More business for Lagos ,even Ibadan can attract some if the governor ups his game a little bit more.
na shell be your papa or na shell be the federal government wey suppose provide security electricity and other infrastructure for job creation.

8 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Those youth deserve to be shot.
I think you are smarter than many who cannot see why they failed to be employed by Shell. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
so far latest is that thousands of youths of rumugbiakane, that shell industrial area( sorry am not too conversant with the name) as aptly said by one of protesters(a contract staff)
He is screaming that he is working as a contract staff and he is been paid a beggarly 30k monthly, that his employees told him that if he is not okay with his monthly pay that he should resign"
"And then other protesters said they have almost 3000 staff from warri as against those in rivers state"

One protester was shouting that shell has enough financial power to employ 500,000 people if they want to and the last they protested was way back years ago.personally,It's a pity why my people are not working, and you fix yourself in their shoes and imagine how frustrating it could be without work while shell staffs are riding with fast expensive cars in front of their houses.
1000 and something from yoruba while the main graduate youths that comprise of the local communities are roaming the streets..
so far shell hasn't said anything yet, crowd of more people are visibly streaming it in droves.........
The situation is in gridlock so to say...................

Another is that other youths have gone to Airport to block the visiting Gov's (i heard wole soyinka is also coming too)coming to port harcourt with regards to Amaechi and State House of Assembly political Impasse maybe to broker peace i guess...

Oh bouy make i go Airport

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ebamma3: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
so even if u dont merit to be employed by shell u have to be employed simply because u are an indigene # i can see why our economy is still like this after 53years of independence

5 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by nijanigga: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Finally, real anarchy is coming to Nigeria.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by nitrogen(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes:
1000 and something from yoruba while the main graduate youths that comprise of the local communities are roaming the hing yet
And so? why could they(graduates from that area) not pass the simple aptitude tests? So, the un-employable wants to be gainfully employed? Nawa o! Let us face it, it is all business for graduates from that part of Nigeria jare.

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
So so funny. Not that i have something against Shell or the youths, but why dont they also protest at NNPC? Just my thought.
High time we start holding our government accountable.

7 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DICKtator: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
PROTESTING WHAT?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ebamma3: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
we the citizens are responsible for nigeria's backwardness not the politician, from supporting a politician simply because he is from your zone or religion,
to voting a party simply because u were dashed bags of rice
u will never hear that saudis, qataris, kuwaitis, venezuelans, or russian citizens who are all oil producing countries are protesting because their village graduates have not gained employment in their oil companies #smh for dis country

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by kaze4blues(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jobless sets of illiterates....

Is shell the FG who must cater for their welfare?

After all, the first lady is from their state.

Instead of them to acquire quality education, they will be roaming the streets waiting for govt to spoon feed them.

Abeg, park well

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Maxymilliano(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
Most of the protesting youths are unemployable ...

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
And at the end.......
what will happen ?
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Lilimax(f): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
Seems the prophecy about revolution have started grin grin
-
-
They were not employed because they failed the recruitment excercise.
So..? Should this lead to mass protest ?
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
Maxymilliano: Most of the protesting youths are unemployable ...

1like plus a quote for future referencing.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Darthmaul: So so funny.[b] Not that i have something against Shell or the youths, but why dont they also protest at NNPC? [/b]Just my thought.
High time we start holding our government accountable.
That is for the simple reason they know Nigeria government doesn't take them serious. The deployment of the army and mobile police brutalizing their a$$es is for sure and they decided to take it on foreign company they know will listen to their grievances. This is a case of misplaced priority, man.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by delors(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2013

true. thats one of the main problems

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by emmanuel4758(m): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
NaijaFlow:

and let me respond ur silly quote wy must dey protest do u think it can do us good remember wat is hapenin in egypt now ,because dis is nt peaceful protest let me call it militia protest cus dey ar beatin innocent people mercilessly so shotin dem is like shootin militant nt civilian abeg gudluck take action and send some airforce to dislodge dem.proud to be 9ija
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DICKtator: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2013

what type of employment are we talking bout here?
You mean skilled,unskilled or semi-skilled?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Super1759: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Situation report getting to my office now is that, the river state youth will continue this protest even till nextweek.
From one of them "warning to all foreign expatriates to find their way...this is blood for blood and na una go suffer"

Nna, I don comot here abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... / Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi / AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.