Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage (2387 Views)

Umu Mazi And Ada Mazi From Arondizuogu IMO STATE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
My cousin is from Arondizuogu and wants to marry a guy from Obazu Mberi both from Imo State. The guy's kinsmen said that they don't marry from Aro, that it has to do with their forefathers. Base on inquiry Arondizuogu people marries from any part of the world, without knowledge of what the guy's kinsmen claimed. Pls. Can somebody throw more light on this.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by DBestDoc(f): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
I dunno when this one started,as an OBZ indigene you are allowed to marry from anywhere. They are not into those crazy traditional ish..as much as i know.That place is more or less developed and nicknamed OBZ london wink

I'm actually really shocked shocked,Could this be a cheap jist cooked up by the gentleman to enable him take a walk whilst avoiding drama? (just saying)cheesy otherwise lets know the exact place in Obazu he comes from and i will post my findings.

I'm from Obazu Mbieri and one of my Aunties(bless her soul)was originally from Arondizuogu smiley.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy
D_BestDoc: I dunno when this one started,as an OBZ indigene you are allowed to marry from anywhere. They are not into those crazy traditional ish..as much as i know.That place is more or less developed and nicknamed OBZ london wink

I'm actually really shocked shocked,Could this be a cheap jist cooked up by the gentleman to enable him take a walk whilst avoiding drama? (just saying)cheesy otherwise lets know the exact place in Obazu he comes from and i will post my findings.

thanks for your response. In this modern days and time, the guy is from Umuchoke Obazu Mberi.

I'm from Obazu Mbieri and one of my Aunties(bless her soul)was originally from Arondizuogu smiley.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for your response. In this days and time, cheesy, the guy is from Umuchoke Obazu Mberi
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by DBestDoc(f): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Smartrizz: Thanks for your response. In this days and time, cheesy, the guy is from Umuchoke Obazu Mberi

Umuchoke? shocked shocked
That makes the excuse even more absurd because more than 90% of people from there are very exposed,educated and wealthy.I doubt they will fall cheap for that sorta trash. grin grin.As a matter of fact Obazu is not known for holding/keeping traditions(save for their AZU day celebration which holds once in every 3/4yrs).ones business is exclusively his business,tradition doesn't come in to play when it's not needed.

I'm from Umueze and i guess i will call home to make my findings.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Heard it has to do with his kinsmen, in this age and time people still refer to what their ancestors said or believed, can’t believe it myself. The world is civilized now.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Any news on this please.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by DBestDoc(f): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sorry,i will give you updates as soon as i get some.I sent a message across already
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks very much I appreciate
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by DBestDoc(f): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2013
From the information i gathered so far,those two villages can intermarry without any restriction whatsoever.

The dude knows what he's doing.

Sorry for taking long,not in naija now. I had to get the right information so as not to misinform you.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by XX01(f): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
He doesn't want to marry you but doesn't know how to say so.
Re: Arondizuogu And Obazu Mberi Marriage by Smartrizz: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Thanks for your response, the claim was confirmed by someone from the same kindred that doesn't know he wants to marry my sister, but said it was in the olden days, believed it must have stopped by now.

(1) (Reply)

Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. / I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? / Her Husband Is Cheating And Depriving Her Of Sex So She Wants To Retaliate. What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.