Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia (62008 Views)

#thehottestone Is Finally Revealed(1) / Cancellation Of Jumia Order / Blackberry Faces Ban In Nigeria And Users Faith Untold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by donbigboy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ladies and Gentleman,
I ordered a blackberry phone bold 2 with order number 300648666 at a cost of 37,495 delivered and paid for
But after a week I noticed something strange on the right side of the screen, ‘a very little crack’ at first I thought it must be part of the screen saver picture I used but after a couple of weeks I noticed that this very little crack is getting bigger by the day…..
Note: ‘’The crack itself is not on the surface of the screen but rather inside the screen’’
I send a couple of mails and calls to Jumia to which they referred me to their service centre for an ‘’ assistance’’ and also assured me that my phone is still under one year manufacturers' warranty.
Yesterday I visited one of the Service Centre in Abuja at EMAB Plaza suite E14
Aminu Kano Crescent wuse 2 (a blackberry office) they took my phone and the Jumia invoice from me and run a check on their system and behold the following verdicts and remarks:

1. That my new blackberry phone has no warranty from blackberry

2. That my new phone is a refurbished one

3.The refurbishment necessitated the cracks.

Sad and disappointed I left the blackberry office and put a call through to Jumia with a follow up mail, No response whatsoever from Jumia.
On a second thought I decided to call another of their service centre in Lagos explaining the crack issues, they told me they often receive such complaints from customer but want further to say that Jumia as company source their items and product randomly from anybody and any place with a relative cheap prices and she suspect perhaps attention to details are not been paid in the process of sourcing and packaging of these items
Now my worry and fear is, if Jumia buys from every tom, dick and harry they might as well bought from those that import refurbished products from the slums of China and other countries, thereby sacrifing quality and originality on the altar of cheap prices and how are we not sure if most of their displayed items are not refurbished or fake .
To me, these is fraudulent, criminal and highly unacceptable, I really want to use this opportunity to inform the un-suspecting public and indeed the world that Jumia is nothing but Hugh fraud and an empire of fake.
On a final note, if there is anybody out there who have fallen a victim of these criminals please help by sharing your stories here.
The message is simple;
LET STOP THESE CRIMINALS,
STOP BUYING FROM JUMIA,
NAIRALAND STOP ADVERTISING FOR JUMIA.
HELP SPREAD THE NEWS
Thanks for your time and God bless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Kingslaw(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sorry o! Hmm!
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
nice one...naija all the tym...service provider,FRAUD. banking sector, FRAUD. items sold, FRAUD. evrytin FRAUD FRAUD FRUAD...wit FRUAD leaders. angry cry

4 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by biomedixexcel(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Nigeria company with wayo! I prefer buying something from shops around me dan buying such from Nigerian online store
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by physise(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
thanks 4 d info
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by chukiz(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
roger that cause i was about to order techno phantom. i change my mind. grin

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by civilserva: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Poster, don't you know Blackberry has discontinued the production of Bold 2 some years ago? Any new Bold 2 you see is likely to be refurbished or fake product.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
civilserva: Poster, don't you know Blackberry has discontinued the production of Bold 2 some years ago? Any new Bold 2 you see is likely to be refurbished or fake product.
And why shuld Jumia post the advert online?
Pls read inbetween the line b4 making judgmental post.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by tellwisdom: 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jumai in secret cult?? sad
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by RedCard1(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
civilserva: Poster, don't you know Blackberry has discontinued the production of Bold 2 some years ago? Any new Bold 2 you see is likely to be refurbished or fake product.
I think u are right n dat is why Jumia should have stopped advertising it. Fraudulent acts has eaten deeply into d heart of Nigeria. I can't order for products online, I just go to phone stores.

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Chylo(m): 1:42am On Jul 17, 2013
GEJ is responsible for all dis nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by lafad11(m): 2:26am On Jul 17, 2013
Are u surprised? I can boldly say all SA companies in Naija are ripoffs. MTN,DSTV and now Jumia
SMH...... angry
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 17, 2013
biomedixexcel: Nigeria company with wayo! I prefer buying something from shops around me dan buying such from Nigerian online store
jumia is SA/German(rocket internet).
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2013
Sorry @OP

What you buy on 9ja online store should be clothes and shoes not gadgets or electronic , Next time you go to the shop and buy. Test am well before you pay sef. We are all under corruption spell. grin

You think all those containers coming in from ASIA na empty?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Drphemmy4u: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2013
I bought a tab from jumia,(bryte) it was advertised to b 16gb memory.lo n behold I saw 2gb wen it came.ear piece was also in pieces.I mailed them to complain BT I got no reply.I paid 40,665naira (plus delivery)

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Scarpon(m): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2013
this is why I prefer buying in stores I test my phones b4 I.pay not only jumia bro even slot did that to me two years back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by donbigboy(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Almighty moderator it really surprises me why this trend has not made a front page uptill now, could it be the fact that jumia pay a lot of money to adverise their product on nairaland and you don't want to loses a customer therefore innocent Nigerians out there should bear the pains of their fake product while you and jumia smiles to the bank. I'm really ashamed and disappointed....

If it were some careless trend now, it could have made the front page with a speed of light. But with this its NO NO NO because somebody somewhere is not doing it job properly or thinking how to make more money from jumia for advertising their product on nairaland than protecting the general public from these criminals. What a Life !

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by nani667: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
Amazon is the way forward

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by lawrenceunaa: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
All i need online stores for is to check price of devices not buying any shit 4rm dem wayo

5 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by ibietela2(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chylo: GEJ is responsible for all dis nonsense.
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by amAZEing: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
roger dat bro

lawrenceunaa: All i need online stores for is to check price of devices not buying any shit 4rm dem wayo
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by onajo2000(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chylo: GEJ is responsible for all dis nonsense.
NA GEJ SEND DEM?......OLORIBURUKU

3 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by omoobajeje1(m): 3:52am On Jul 28, 2013
U are right my brother. I ordered for one of their shoe about 2 months ago and when my order was delivered I noticed dt d shoe has been fairly used and repacked. This is terribly bad for a coy like jumia 2 do.
donbigboy: Ladies and Gentleman,
I ordered a blackberry phone bold 2 with order number 300648666 at a cost of 37,495 delivered and paid for
But after a week I noticed something strange on the right side of the screen, ‘a very little crack’ at first I thought it must be part of the screen saver picture I used but after a couple of weeks I noticed that this very little crack is getting bigger by the day…..
Note: ‘’The crack itself is not on the surface of the screen but rather inside the screen’’
I send a couple of mails and calls to Jumia to which they referred me to their service centre for an ‘’ assistance’’ and also assured me that my phone is still under one year manufacturers' warranty.
Yesterday I visited one of the Service Centre in Abuja at EMAB Plaza suite E14
Aminu Kano Crescent wuse 2 (a blackberry office) they took my phone and the Jumia invoice from me and run a check on their system and behold the following verdicts and remarks:

1. That my new blackberry phone has no warranty from blackberry

2. That my new phone is a refurbished one

3.The refurbishment necessitated the cracks.

Sad and disappointed I left the blackberry office and put a call through to Jumia with a follow up mail, No response whatsoever from Jumia.
On a second thought I decided to call another of their service centre in Lagos explaining the crack issues, they told me they often receive such complaints from customer but want further to say that Jumia as company source their items and product randomly from anybody and any place with a relative cheap prices and she suspect perhaps attention to details are not been paid in the process of sourcing and packaging of these items
Now my worry and fear is, if Jumia buys from every tom, dick and harry they might as well bought from those that import refurbished products from the slums of China and other countries, thereby sacrifing quality and originality on the altar of cheap prices and how are we not sure if most of their displayed items are not refurbished or fake .
To me, these is fraudulent, criminal and highly unacceptable, I really want to use this opportunity to inform the un-suspecting public and indeed the world that Jumia is nothing but Hugh fraud and an empire of fake.
On a final note, if there is anybody out there who have fallen a victim of these criminals please help by sharing your stories here.
The message is simple;
LET STOP THESE CRIMINALS,
STOP BUYING FROM JUMIA,
NAIRALAND STOP ADVERTISING FOR JUMIA.
HELP SPREAD THE NEWS
Thanks for your time and God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by OBABOLU: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
you are very right. i have experienced similar fate as yours here is my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
THE URGE TO EXPERIMENT WITH ONLINE BUSINESS HAS BEEN ON FOR LONG. AND THE UNDAUNTING ADVERTS OF JUMIA ONLINE SALES ON FACEBOOK AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS CONVINCED ME TO TRY JUMIA.
I BOUGHT A CURVE 6 BLACKBERRY FROM THEM ON FEBRUARY 10 THIS YEAR THINKING THAT THEY WERE REAL. THE BLACKBERRY WAS DELIVERED TO ME SOME DAYS LATTER. UNFORTUNATELY, THE SAID CURVE 6 JUST WENT OFF BY MAY 10 …. JUST 3 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE. I CALL THEIR CUSTOMER CARE LINE REPEATEDLY AND WAS TOLD TO TAKE IT TO SOME SERVICE CENTRE. UNFORTUNATELY, NONE EXISTED IN MY AREA AND SO WAS DIRECTED TO MOVE TO ABUJA TO SUITE 16/17 NEW BANNEX AND/OR EMAB E14, BOTH AT AMINU KANO CRESCENT, WUSE 2, ABUJA.
TO ME, I THOUGHT THOSE PLACES MENTIONED BEAR DIRECT LINK WITH THE JUMIA OUTFIT. ATLEAST, IF THEY CANT REPAIR IT THEY WILL CHANGE IT FOR ME. BUT I WAS WRONG.
THE NATURE OF MY JOB COULD NOT ALLOW ME GET FREE TIME UNTIL 21 AUGUST, 2013 THAT I WAS ABLE TO GO.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE NEW BANNEX ADDRESS COULD NOT BE TRACE AND FURTHER CALL TO THEIR CUSTOMER CARE LINE 07006000000 DIRECTED ME TO RIBADU STREET IN GWARINPA WHICH ALSO DID NOT EXIST UNTIL I WAS AGAIN TOLD TO MOVE TO EXCELLENCE PLASA AT 1ST AVENUE WHERE I WAS TOLD THEY DON’T REPAIR BLACK BERRY.
I HAVE TO MOVE BACK TO THE EMAB PLAZA WHERE I WAS TAKEN TO THE BLACKBERRY CENTRE.
THE RESPONSE FROM THE BB CENTER JOLTS ME. I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS SOLD A REFURBISHED AND RE-CLONE PHONE. THAT THE ITEM IS NOT ORIGINAL AND SO THEY CAN’T WORK ON IT.
ASIDE THAT, A LOT OF COMPLAITS FROM THOSE WHO ARE IN MY SHOE LIES ON THEIR TABLE AS MANY PEOPLE HAS EARLIER CAME TO COMPALIN ABOUT JUMIA BLACKBERRY PRODUCTS, WHICH I BELIEVE IS EXTENDED TO OTHER PRODCUTS FROM THEM.
I CANT RECALL HERE THE FRUSTRATION AND STRESS I WENT THROUGH FROM LOKOJA, KOGI STATE TO ABUJA ON THE HOPE OF GETTING SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. AS IF TO COMPOUND MY TROUBLE, I WAS DRENCHED BY RAIN. I WASTED A LOT OF MONEY ON TRANSPORT AFREWITHIN AND OUTSIDE ABUJA. I ALSO RISKED MY LIFE ON THE ROAD.
I BOUGHT THE BLACK BERRY FROM THEM ON THE HOPE THAT THEY ARE GENUINE BUT IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I WAS WRONG.
THOUGH I KNOW THAT MY TRANSACTION WITH THEM HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A “GHOST MARKET” WHICH IM ALREADY REGRETTING SINCE I CANNOT CONTACT THEM FACE TO FACE AS ALL EFFORT TO REACH THEM HAVE BEEN FRUSTRATED. NEITHER CAN MY FRIEND TRACE THEIR LAGOS OFFICE.
I AM DOING THIS TO WARN OTHERS WHO MAY WANT TO EXPERIMENT LIKE ME WITH ONLINE BUSINESS EXPESIALLY, THE JUMAI OUTFIT TO BEWARE NOT TO FALL PREY LIKE I DID.
THEIR ONLINE RETAIL SERVICE IS FAKE FRAUDULENT AND ENSHRINED IN FALSEHOOD. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THEY ARE OUT TO SWINDLE INNOCENT CUSTOMER OF THEIR MONEY. THEY ARE INAPPROPRIATE TO CONTINUE OPERATION.
PLESE, HELP SPREAD THIS MESSAGE TO SAFE OTHERS FROM COMMTTING BUSINESS SUICIDE LIKE I DID.
BOLU OBAHOPO, LOKOJA

FIND BELLOW MY COMPLAIN AND INITIAL RESPONSE FROM THEIR CUSTOMER CARELINE THAT END UP BEEN A FARCE:
segun tolu, Jun 11 15:42 (CET):
I bought a Curve 7 blackberry phone from you on February 10,
2013 and I'm disappointing that by May the phone could not be ON again.
I have called your customer's care number and was told to take it to a
blackberry centers that it may be the OS or hardware. I have taken it to Yizab centers
which is one of the BB centers in Lokoja along with two others trusted phone
repairing outlets which cannot prefer solution to the problem.
“The BB cannot be flash because it’s not even coming up, neither can the
hardware be rectified" these are the responses from all the three places i
have taken it to.
Now, I have to visit cyber cafe everyday spending N400 and wasting my time before
i could get my work send to my office. I feel so disheartening at the outcome
of the BB which i bought on the trust of the product you offers.
Kindly find solution to the problem as I grow tired, confused and disappointed by
each passing day.

JUMAI RESPONSE:
Your request (#129671) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
http://jumia.zendesk.com/tickets/129671
Joy Hinmikaiye, Jun 11 18:21 (CET):
Dear Tolu,
Thank you for shopping with
We are sorry to hear that Curve 7 blackberry) we delivered to you on the 10th February is giving you problems.
In line with our return policy via: http://www./return-policy/ this item is no longer eligible for returns.
However it can be sent to any of our service centers for further assistance, as this product is currently under a one year manufacturers' warranty.
The service center to visit is:
New Bannex Plaza, Aminu Kano Crescent, Suite 16/17, Wuse II
or
Suite E14, EMAB Plaza, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II
Please note that you are expected to go to this center with the invoice of your Laptop.
Kind Regards,
Customer Service Team
www./agent85
was successfully received.
After checkout, please transfer the total amount into the following
account with your order number as a reference, and your order will be shipped
as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank
Branch: Ajose Adeogun
Account Name: Vamido Global Resources Limited
Account Number: 0116339312
Sort Code: 058152502
Type of Account: Current Account
Bank: Access Bank

4 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
I got my samsung s3 from them and it's working perfectly and I believe it ll remain so..some of d faults u guys are complaining abt also come from the manufacturers cos u myt buy d same phone with a person, his ba3 lasts long yl urs doesn't last.whose fault??.sometimes, it's all abt luck...

btw, wch shop is reliable in Nigeria? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by nani667: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
vivichocs: I got my samsung s3 from them and it's working perfectly and I believe it ll remain so..some of d faults u guys are complaining abt also come from the manufacturers cos u myt buy d same phone with a person, his ba3 lasts long yl urs doesn't last.whose fault??.sometimes, it's all abt luck...

btw, wch shop is reliable in Nigeria? undecided
well...tons of people that patronised JUMIA have ended up complaining about them...a d from the trend, it may only be a matter of time before you also start complaining yourself. :O
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
nani.666:
well...tons of people that patronised JUMIA have ended up complaining about them...a d from the trend, it may only be a matter of time before you also start complaining yourself. :O
I bind and cast...is this wht u wish me? angry..anywy, I ll be an exception by God's grace...

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by nani667: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
vivichocs: I bind and cast...is this wht u wish me? angry..anywy, I ll be an exception by God's grace...
Lol...well hopefully you'll be the exception..... but Just incase...hope you have a plan B though...??
Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Good thing I came across this thread because I have their website open on another tab. I wanted to buy a TV from them but I think I should close the tab right now

*Thank you Jesus, thank you donbigboy

3 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Brimmie(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2013
When There Is eBay and Amazon!? grin grin Jumia Kor, Jummy Ni!!

Ok.. Seen.. Read.. Digested!! Next!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Deblow: 3:52am On Sep 09, 2013
Online transactions in Nigeria is still immature. ..from individuals to corporate organisations. I never liked dealing with the online shops here becos apart from the fact that their wares are rather more expensive compared to other outlets, it is a very risky venture. I have always bought my stuff from the nearest shop physically. There I have the unhindered opportunity to bargain, test and inspect the item I want to buy before making any payment. To me, buying items u could easily access in ur neighbourhood from an online store is simply playing to the gallery and a flagrant display of Nigerian "bigmanism" mentality. That Jumia, Slot and the rest of them are eye catching and big does not exclude them from the scam consideration. Afterall they are here to make profits and this they must do even through crooked means! Too bad! People pls wise up

4 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Jumia Finally Revealed, ‘the Untold Story Of Jumia by Mustay(m): 7:17am On Sep 09, 2013
One thing that kills businesses in Nigeria is (sustainable) customer relations. In this era of social media too, business should also constantly monitor their online presence and attend to queries quickly. A thread like this can easily tarnish or build your reputation depending on how fast you attend to it. #A Word

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From January 1 / GB Whatsapp Ban / I'm The First Person To Use Infinix S5pro In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.