Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server (1816 Views)

Pls I Need An Offline Tutor For Programming And Hacking / Running Software From A Server To A Local Pc / Connecting To A Database Using Visual Basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by kwenu: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2013
Hey house, i m currently biulding a form page, that can recieve data but i want the form to to be compatible with an online one, take for instance, i am constructing a yahoo webpage, i want it to be able to recieve and store information for a peroid of time, the form page is connected to a wamp server . and now i have entered and stored information to the form page . now i need it to work with the original yahoo registration page whose server is online.

Now my question is, what programm can be a bridge between an offline webpage to an online webpage
i want the information stored on the wamp server to work as autofill. that is to make registrations on a yahoo registration page automatically with just a single click.

is this possible?

i have heard of roboform but i m not sure it works offline

is this acheievable?
please nairalanders i need your advice on this issue
thanks to you all
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
the example u kept using makes me guess this is to harvest some user information.
like login or something? Please shed more light so we can figure a way around it for you.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by lordZOUGA(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2013
@kwenu, you are confusing yourself. just build a simple client that reads the data in your form fields and registers the data on Yahoo using their user registration API.
the fact that your server is offline is irrelevant.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by kwenu: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
thanks to you all for your comments, i verymuch appreciate, i am not good at programming or i am not a programmer sorry Lord zouga
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by kwenu: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2013
webdezzi no i m not trying to harvest anybodys login information, and i am not working constructing a site that requires login information. as i figured later that yahoo is not the best example i should have used for illustration here.

The website i am working on has no API but it allows registration/Application form but its currently offline, i have succeded in constructing an HTML registration page of the site, now if i register data on it but later want to get the data transfered to the site when it opens online, what program can biuld a bridge between them so that data from the offline HTML webpage can be tranfered to the original site webagei.e registration form . but take note that the site does not offer user Login details.

Please i need your advice
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by harryobas: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2013
kwenu: webdezzi no i m not trying to harvest anybodys login information, and i am not working constructing a site that requires login information. as i figured later that yahoo is not the best example i should have used for illustration here.

The website i am working on has no API but it allows registration/Application form but its currently offline, i have succeded in constructing an HTML registration page of the site, now if i register data on it but later want to get the data transfered to the site when it opens online, what program can biuld a bridge between them so that data from the offline HTML webpage can be tranfered to the original site webagei.e registration form . but take note that the site does not offer user Login details.

Please i need your advice

Dude for u to connect an online server with an offline server u will need a message oriented middleware(MOM) such as a message queue. There are scores of message queue implementations available(both closed and open source) like rabbitMQ, MSMQ etc
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by guru01(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
To my own understanding, i think what the OP is saying is that he want to be able to upload the already registered user in his or her database to the one online.
if this is correct, you can simply achieve this by exporting your local database and importing it to the remote server, all information with remain the same and function as on local.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by uken73(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
My understanding of the OP's problem is that he wants to be able to capture data using an offline data capture form (maybe an offline web form) and then sync or upload the data later to a database that is online.

That is achieveable. But you have not stated which Database Management System (DBMS) you are using. But for which ever, your data capture form can be programmed to store the data in a temporary/offline database or XML file and later transferred to the database online.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by teemy(m): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
the spam bots way, filling forms without a human user being present. @poster might have a list of emails he wants to signup without wasting human time. just my two cents.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by javaservlets: 5:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Your question has two interpretations kind of. So please help us to break it down. Are you simply trying to transfer offline information to an online database, of which both the offline and online database are both run and administered by you? By this i mean you have access to relevant login credentials for the online database.

Or are you trying to automate a registration process on someone else's web-app using locally stored information?

Answer these questions in a clear fashion and I'm sure you would get more constructive answers from Naira Landers.
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by kwenu: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
java_servlets: Your question has two interpretations kind of. So please help us to break it down. Are you simply trying to transfer offline information to an online database, of which both the offline and online database are both run and administered by you? By this i mean you have access to relevant login credentials for the online database.

Or are you trying to automate a registration process on someone else's web-app using locally stored information?

Answer these questions in a clear fashion and I'm sure you would get more constructive answers from Naira Landers.

Yes im transferring...I must be frank with you, i wanted to design an app that will store on 100s of user input into an online database, i have design the form using dreamwaver but i will be deploying it with a wamp, which i know wamp server has my sql, php and apache which is capable for handling the jobs..now my big question syching it to an online database..as in once i type the web address of the online website, my app will automatcally input the datas on my offline server to the online form. how is it possible...
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by Amee1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
It's possible. I think u are using PhpmyAdmin as ur backend and dreamweaver as frontend. ur Reg form has a folder index.php. u have 2 contact a company 2 opload ur Reg form and database on their online server- ur db and dbtable must have mirror and backup- and ur domain name must be dsame as d one u design- then ur Reg form can view online every where- tips
Re: Connecting An Offline Server To An Online Server by javaservlets: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
I hope I understand your question so I don't end up confusing you. But whatever the case, your locally hosted app can interact or talk to your online database and it is very simple. You simply need an internet connection and know the database url, username and password. With these information you can write your own code to transfer information between your locally hosted database and your online database in whatever fashion you want for the purpose of synchronizing.

Let me know if you need more help.

(1) (Reply)

Get 2015 Ethical Hacking Ebooks / Why I Think Animation Is A Better Career Path Compared To Software Development / Help! Problem With Java Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.