Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. (52050 Views)

Brief History And Culture Of Babur/ Bura People. / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State / Yoruba Origin Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by nlPoster: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
Are some of these topics too deep to be openly discussed on a public forum?
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2020
Yes,because some of us are authors and it will do harm if certain information is over exposed before the release of the book(s).
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by qunleajayi(m): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2021

Precise and frank.

I agree with you that one should not take it when all other shades are not entertained. Bear with me, i know that this post is abstracts coming together. if i wax semantic, you will find it a bit clumsy. Now i want you to know that Yoruba have need for the word Yah in form of "Oyah the wife of Sango."

The shades you mention are from the attributes of the legend, and it was the same reason these shades adumbrate the more classic usage, after all, the Yoruba have other befitting title for the Creator. Yah was not indispensable to them, not until one becomes suspicious of it in this piece of phrase.

Now if all the shades are to be considered, its just only "one" that has to rhyme with what the prefix "eriwo" is talking about, if not, there would be a confusion. If you don't agree with the shade that I endorse, then it means you don't buy into transliteration, which i often use as tool.

My interpretation is not fraudulent, I used "transliteration" here, not translation. then it allow me to correlate with the bible passage. Meanwhile, eriwo still stands for eri+wo or eri+iwo. what does eri mean, please help. i have always entertain that it means "dirty to behold give way". But i don't think that's the accurate interpretation.

Running after all possible meaning has its advantages, but the disadvantage is, your research becomes inconclusive if you have to aggregate all possible positions that you can think of. that's "the burden of proof." The beauty of it is make do with the quality angle that you've gotten first. "Akii tori awijare, kitan o tan lenu."

I only want to add that Eri is the name of the descendant of the israelite Gad who settled in iboland and is considered their ancestor. The star of David was found in 1907 in a place called Aguleri in iboland and the cave housing the throne of Eri is a historic site

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Reactions To Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife (Memes) / Moronke Naomi Silekunola Ogunwusi New Photos / Meet Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.