Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire (46617 Views)

Photos Of MBGN 2015 Contestants In Traditional Costumes / Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! / Miss University Nigeria 2013 Contestants(Raw Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Guess we already had a thread.

As a proud Ekiti chic, I think this is the ugliest chic that has ever represented my state.Ive been proud of the previous ones, but this one no get am.

Miss Osun looks like a younger version of my mom, so beautiful and graceful. Shes it for me.
You are blind! You fit create ant? Nb: I aint from ekiti sef
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by WAXXSTAXX(m): 1:16am On Jul 18, 2013
This Pageant is a Scam, a Fraud, and Unprofessional !!!

The event is about beauty and the promotion of culture. How come most of the contestants adorned their heads with the so-called Brazilian hairs or, should I say, Brazilian wigs? Where are their beautiful African hairstyles for us and the rest of the world to see and appreciate? During beauty pageants, nations of the world showcase aspects of their cultures and heritage. What are the Nigerian people showcasing to the world? Imported hair strands harvested from likely diseased heads of dead Indian, European, Mongolian, Mexican, Chinese, and European-American women? Yes, some of the expensive hair strands were harvested from the heads of healthy women and horsetails, but it still doesn't negate the fact that the hairs are not natural to the bodies of the otherwise beautiful contestants. Our women are making a grievous mistake by constantly preferring hairs with long strands to other styles. It's as if they're subliminally saying that Indo-European hairs and therefore, beauty standards, are better and more desirable. So, should African men dump African women and start marrying women of other races since their women keep trying to look like Europeans, Indians, Chinese, Turkish Arabs, Filippinos, Mexicans, Tongans, Indonesians, Malaysians, and even Mongolians? Why is the modern African woman so ashamed and resentful of her physical image? Why the deep, near total rejection of her natural being? And what's responsible for their troubling displays of inferiority complex?

IGBO TRIBALISM AND NEPOTISM IN THE SELECTION OF THE CONTESTANTS? SEE THIS LIST OF CONTESTANTS, PLEASE:

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by InvertedHammer: 8:02pm On Jul 17
//

I don't get it.
Is it me or does anyone else find something wrong about this arrangement?

Miss Enugu: Onabu Obehioye-------------IGBO

, Ekiti : Stella Chidinma--------------IGBO

,, Kano: Blessing Obi------------------IGBO

,, Katsina: Jessica Nwachukwu----------IGBO

,, Niger: Chidinma Ozoemena------------IGBO

,, Uyo: Elumelu Uzo--------------------IGBO (That's the greatest insult of all)

,, Plateau: Elizabeth Onyeche----------IGBO

So, somehow, Igbo women won the contest in all of the FIVE IGBO provinces of ABIA, ENUGU, ANAMBRA, IMO, and EBONYI. To make it even better and, in keeping with their usual modus operandi, they miraculously won in the BEAUTY-SATURATED States of Akwa Ibom (herein noted as "UYO"wink, Plateau, Niger, Kano, Katsina, Kano, and Ekiti. Amazing! What should I say, folks? I smell a BIAFRAN FRAUD, my friends.

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by franklampard082(m): 1:32am On Jul 18, 2013
Am I the only one that noticed that a lot of these girls representing non-eastern states are actually eastern girls ( Igbo girls). I really don't think that's fair enough. It's like Okorocha contesting to be the governor of kano state. Shouldn't be done. I am Igbo and proud of our beautiful girls but the right thing should be done.
Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by 99cent: 2:40am On Jul 18, 2013
chidyhels:
You are eligible to contest frm any location provided ur a nigerian. All u need is to pick a form frm a location u feel u have an edge over the others. Ibo gals knws the competition is very high in the east,so they run to northern states to pick their forms,cos the competition and turn out is usually poor in the northern states.

u r speaking out of ur yansh because the igbo girls representing the east do not look any better than the igbo girls representing non-eastern states. They all look average (some below average!) to me.

Anyway, clearly this whole "Miss Migeria" thing is a scam. doesn't make any sense whatsoever. it's kinda obvious by now. grin
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by THEAMAKA(f): 2:59am On Jul 18, 2013
The girls are first selected and then states are assigned to them to represent. Jeez.
Stop blaming Igbos or Igbo girls for the messed up pageant.
If you are serious you'd write a letter to them, or get people to boycott the pageant until it becomes "fair" for everyone.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by 99cent: 3:53am On Jul 18, 2013
THE AMAKA: The girls are first selected and then states are assigned to them to represent. Jeez.
Stop blaming Igbos or Igbo girls for the messed up pageant.
If you are serious you'd write a letter to them, or get people to boycott the pageant until it becomes "fair" for everyone.

where do u see anybody "blaming igbo girls"? also, why would anyone want to boycott d pageant? sometimes d most comedic events r d most entertaining.

the first part of ur post makes sense sha. chidyhel's explanation that competition is high in the east didn't hold water when u look at the girls' average looks. urs make better sense.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by THEAMAKA(f): 4:35am On Jul 18, 2013
99cent:

where do u see anybody "blaming igbo girls"? also, why would anyone want to boycott d pageant? sometimes d most comedic events r d most entertaining.

the first part of ur post makes sense sha. chidyhel's explanation that competition is high in the east didn't hold water when u look at the girls' average looks. urs make better sense.

Idk if you're being sarcastic, but...

From the posts here it seems people are upset that Igbo girls are repping other states as if they designed the pageant to be that way. Every year since 2008/2009 its been the same thing of people complaining. I'm just saying, if they were serious they'd boycott by now
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Salym(m): 4:38am On Jul 18, 2013
Erotex: Igbo girls rock!! Jooor!! Even rule in another man's land.
We are beautiful
hahahahhahha dats because we Northerners dont do that....if we are to participate guy, Igbo girls cannot compete with our girls....

3 Likes

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by THEAMAKA(f): 4:44am On Jul 18, 2013
Salym:
hahahahhahha dats because we Northerners dont do that....if we are to participate guy, Igbo girls cannot compete with our girls....

Most of these girls don't look better than the girls in my village. But hey, i heard a lot of dirty stuff goes on behind the scenes of this pageant, so no surprise there that some unworthy girls are in such a competition. Corruption everywhere.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by mamagee3(f): 5:32am On Jul 18, 2013
They all look beautiful!!!
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 18, 2013
There are four regional selections; ph,abj,asaba and uyo. As many beauties as they can find are selected,then sent to lagos where the final selection will be done. The fact that ibo gals took all the spot say it all.
HATER KEEP HATING.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 18, 2013
99cent:

u r speaking out of ur yansh because the igbo girls representing the east do not look any better than the igbo girls representing non-eastern states. They all look average (some below average!) to me.

Anyway, clearly this whole "Miss Migeria" thing is a scam. doesn't make any sense whatsoever. it's kinda obvious by now. grin
You that is speaking frm ur head,go and contest with the average na.. wink
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by noobsaibot2(m): 5:54am On Jul 18, 2013
[size=28pt]

THIS GAL WAN SERVE ME EBO O! grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Burger01(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2013
I nor see the pix of miss Borno...abi na my eyes

sad
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by nmagirl(f): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
2fine2fast: And the winner is.......................

MISS OTUOKE

you no well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Tunmike90(f): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2013
Miss ekiti appearss d best 2 me...cute smile and style.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Tunmike90(f): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2013
noob-saibot:
[size=28pt]

laughs..,na yeye osun style na,evry1 dey present the culture of their state.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by bokohalal(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2013
noob-saibot:
[size=28pt]

That is an Olokun Goddess! "Full of rich bounties for all me(n)"J.P.Clark.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by bokohalal(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Miss Enugu is from Edo state.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by babiebearie: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
@Ondo state attire

Since when?

Slimyem, come and explain this one plz

I understand that Ondo and Edo have this close cultural proximity connection, but to this level?

My expectation was for Ondo and Ekiti to have the same native attire sha.
so I read frm a blog dat miss ondos attire is a combination of owo and ondo town...bt I knw owo is peculiar wt black horSetail nd nt plates nd ondo wears black nd blue ofi too
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by bethnals: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
lol naija gals always look better in trad clothing. 100% better than whem they put on that silly weave.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Skenge98: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kogi, The most beautiful girl
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nizstephen(m): 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
How come d winners picture is not here ezinne akudo
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
My man is more exciting than these women.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 19, 2013
Nizstephen: How come d winners picture is not here ezinne akudo
Ezinne Akudo won Miss Nigeria,its different from MBGN.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Arosa(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
THE AMAKA: Miss Kwara at MBGN 2012 (representing Edo State last year)

Thanks AMAKA.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by stieverobin: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria MBGN 2013 Live Stream Of Event
The live show will air on saturday, July 20th, 2013 at 7pm on SilverBird TV.
Just click the following link to get live Stream of Silver Bird TV.
http://wwww.iafrica.tv/silver-bird cheesy
stay tuned to iAfrica.tv to get more about this event wink
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by igboboy1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
WAXXSTAXX:

So, somehow, Igbo women won the contest in all of the FIVE IGBO provinces of ABIA, ENUGU, ANAMBRA, IMO, and EBONYI. To make it even better and, in keeping with their usual modus operandi, they miraculously won in the BEAUTY-SATURATED States of Akwa Ibom (herein noted as "UYO"wink, Plateau, Niger, Kano, Katsina, Kano, and Ekiti. Amazing! What should I say, folks? I smell a BIAFRAN FRAUD, my friends.

I think it is a fraud it wasnt an igbo that represented my home state of Delta. hmmm i smell a Nigerian fraud.

...idiot biko ga ti ish na ime otele okuko..
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by agabaI23(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
50calibre: Abuja fu*ked up big time, with all the money there, is that all they've got to present?

Miss lagos, I'm still trying to figure out her face
She fkd up again today on stage
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by agabaI23(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
BAYELSA won. I think It was arranged.

1 Like

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Lajolie: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2013
elodie: Miss imo . Beautiful . Elle est belle . Elles sont belles.
ulala!!.a la fin je vois une francaise...ca va?
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2013
La jolie: ulala!!.a la fin je vois une francaise...ca va?
. Hmmmmmm . Bonjour !! Comment ca va !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Rock This N60k Cut-Out Jeans? / Makeup: Our Amazing Before And Afters / Barber Used Knife To Style Man's Hair In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.