Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes (8590 Views)

GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Port-Harcourt-based Firms Dump Wastes In Aba — Ikpeazu / Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice one. I am so sure the waste we in Lagos generate can power the whole of Obajana Cement for years without a minute interruption.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What is the purpose of an incomplete report? How much megawatts is the plant generating and what part of the state is the plant serving? Until these critical questions are answered, the report is meaningless.

Fashola is exploiting renewable source of energy for power generation and making the environment clean while Jonathan is still thinking about using coal to generate electricity yet you are hear running your mouth.You are a man of double standard !
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Ymodulus: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by gbishman: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
This governor of lagos is just a bundle of surprise, everyday he dishes out to nigerians one surprise after the next. Fashola u are a human being, born of good parents and a great ambassador of Great University of Benin. U are nigerias Mandela replica

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by joshuaidibia(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Generating power from lots of poo! Hmmm. #poo energy#
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by PointB: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
How many kilo/mega watts is generated? Or should we just starting dancing azonto because Lagos State was mentioned in the same line as electricity generation?

How many megawatts?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by premlove(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What is the purpose of an incomplete report? How much megawatts is the plant generating and what part of the state is the plant serving? Until these critical questions are answered, the report is meaningless.
we 're scared of asking such question
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by joshuaidibia(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Rukemi291: Nice one. I am so sure the waste we in Lagos generate can power the whole of Obajana Cement for years without a minute interruption.
Meaning logasians poo as much as u do
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good one uncle Fash, laakaye yin o ni dorikodo oO! Amin!
Lesson of the day: APC need not look further as to who rides on it's party logo for 2015, Fashola had that position covered!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Cocodiva: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
lagos state governour and his team are just so brilliant. Always thinking ahead of innovative things that will better the state and the people. Well i'm not surprised, when a leader is good, all those working with him will brace up and put in their best. Fashola is working.... Eko o ni baje
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This is not bad-belle. The project is a laudable one (though uncompleted) but the report is incomplete and meaningless.
You never dissappoint. I knew you will be here to discredit anything but Gej's dissappointing achievements that are mostly on papes of papers,forums and in the mind of your likes. Let Gej prove that he's a true Leader by credible,obvious performance. Then people will stand for him and he won't need internet e-warrior like u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by YoshiMaster: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Fashola is exploiting renewable source of energy for power generation and making the environment clean while Jonathan is still thinking about using coal to generate electricity yet you are hear running your mouth.You are a man of double standard !

Dude, you know that coal is the base source of energy for so many countries right? I learnt that in my Power Class.

Secondly, he just simply asked a question, and posed that the report is incomplete due to the fact the key information needed in the report (Power Generation Potential) is missing.

Wouldn't it have been better to direct him to source information, instead of attacking the opposition impulsively like that.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Sibrah: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
If we are to start rating based on magnitude of electricity generated, then i pity the Pro-Gej clique on Nl.
First, electricity generation is dwindling, which connotes negative magnitude.
Second, we all witnessed some ridiculous achievements being celebrated during the GEJ 2 years in office report card presentation.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

In this instance though, Sincere kinda made a good point.

Projects like these should be showcased with details of potential generating capacity at least.

Not knocking the project though, but we shouldn't just criticize blindly.

Why are we even asking about MW produced?

Are we saying if the MW produced is less than, say, 500MW, then the said waste is better left on the streets?

What ever happened to "killing two birds with the same stone"?
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
News like this gladdens my heart....something always refreshingly different from the mad news coming from other regions in Nigeria..
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by omenka(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2013

gringrin. You make ur madam below so proud!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by cycline404(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thank God those unpleasant odor will go
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by YoshiMaster: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Jeezuzpick:

Why are we even asking about MW produced?

Are we saying if the MW produced is less than, say, 500MW, then the said waste is better left on the streets?

What ever happened to "killing two birds with the same stone"?

Of course it is a laudable project, I don't think anyone here is contesting that.

Its just that the whole point of doing an analysis, is to hopefully arrive at a conclusion, which in this case would be potential generating capacity.

What if you and I were investors in this project, don't you think we would want to know the generating capacity, in order to evaluate the amount of time it would take to recoup capital expenditure?

All I'm saying is that dude just asked a simple question, not worthy of all this persecution.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
joshua idibia: Meaning logasians poo as much as u do

Is it not good for this project
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by gunuvi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pls stop peddling lies. Tell us how much MW you are demonstrating to the market women or better still show us some pictures. Anything aside this na wash.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by dridowu: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Agimor: Tecno p3 just two weeks old is for sale, anyone who wishes to buy should contact this numbers. 07083575582 & 07036157858. Just 12k exclusively to those that live in delta state.
kkkkkkkkkkkk, dat is 12k , wen will i get my fone
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Revolva(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
i beg i dont belive al this..come my area..make u come see dustbin..live ones...yapa....how will they start...from...
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
geeez: Once again, Lagos blazes the trail

We lead, others follow

But can they employ those guys that squat by the bridge at Oke Arin every morning at the plant? Each time I see them do their thing in the lagoon, I always don't ever wanna eat fish again

THEY COULD START A P.P.P INITIATIVE
PAY-PER POOP
WHERE THE POOPER GETS PAID LIKE 50 BUCKS PER POOP BY THE POOPEE
THEN BUILD POOP COLLECTION POINTS- HUGE FIELDS WITH
LITTLE CUBICLES & FREE TISSUE ( SH!+ AS U GO)
WAY 2 GO LAGOS!
LONG LIVE FASHOLA'S POOP PROJECT!
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by halavoke: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

You can come up to Lagos to get whatever stat. and detail you need, but that ain't happening(I guess) because you're occupied. 40men lapdog things you know...

One paid lapdog to anoda!
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
PointB: How many kilo/mega watts is generated? Or should we just starting dancing azonto because Lagos State was mentioned in the same line as electricity generation?

How many megawatts?

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF SH!+
GENERATED BY THE PEOPLE
U SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT
THE QUANTITY OF FOOD TO BE SUPPLIED TO LAGOS STATE
MORE FOOD = MORE OWAMBE = MORE EATING = MORE SH!+ = MORE MEGAWATTS
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Itoroetti(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

You're welcome as usual with your badbelleism.
It's not the fluctuating type like your boss jonathan claimed to have achieved, improvement in summer and back or worse when rainy season ends.

So pack well.

U haven't answered the question.who is more of a bad bellism under this condition?should be u .
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Alohababy: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
How i wish other Govs can copy from Gov Fashola Nig will be a better Country. sad sad sad
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by Itoroetti(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

You can come up to Lagos to get whatever stat. and detail you need, but that ain't happening(I guess) because you're occupied. 40men lapdog things you know...

Meaning everybody must gets to lagos to get the news.
Imbeci.le.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by ugoezeik(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
seconded bro.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by plaindealer: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
Itoroetti :

U haven't answered the question.who is more of a bad bellism under this condition?should be u

Yoshi-Master:

Dude, you know that coal is the base source of energy for so many countries right? I learnt that in my Power Class.

Secondly, he just simply asked a question, and posed that the report is incomplete due to the fact the key information needed in the report (Power Generation Potential) is missing.

Wouldn't it have been better to direct him to source information, instead of attacking the opposition impulsively like that.

Common sense should tell you that the OP not only don't owe you any answer, but also that he doesn't have such answers and MW is not inluded in the article.

This is just an article for you to read and if whatever info you are looking for is not there, fire up google, go to the state's or LAWMA's website or do whatever you have to do to get your own info and quit acting as if people owe you lazy people anything.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by smartg(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good move by the government, even if they can supply light to only one street in lagos 24 hrs/day it's still okay.
Re: Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes by SirMonday(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Eko ile......Fashola is working....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JUST IN: See Where IPOB Declares As The Official Base For Biafra / Atiku’s Pro-business Plan Receives Applause In The Business Community / Borno Residents Show Support For Atiku/Okowa (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.