Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace (9569 Views)

Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by georgecso(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Former Zamfara State Governor Ahmed Sani Yarima yesterday told Daily Trust he led a team of Muslim clerics to a meeting with President Jonathan two weeks ago so that they would pray for peace in the country, and not to further any political goal.

Yarima was said to have shepherded many prominent Muslim clerics from around the country to meet with the president penultimate Friday in order to further Jonathan’s yet-to-be declared second-term ambition and to also try to supplant Vice President Namadi Sambo on the presidential ballot in 2015.

The meeting, held at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, had in attendance a representative of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, Sheikh Yusuf Sambo Rigachukun, Prof Tijjani Al-Miskin and Zamfara deputy governor Ibrahim Wakkala Muhammad, who was commissioner in Yarima’s cabinet when he was governor.

Sources had told Daily Trust that Yarima had sold the idea that he was the only one who could rally round Muslim clerics to support Jonathan’s candidature given his well-known Sharia credentials. Yarima, now a senator, was the first governor to introduce Sharia before several other states in the North followed suit in 2000-2003.

Our correspondent gathered that the Muslim clerics who attended the meeting with Jonathan under the aegis of the National Ulama Consultative Forum were from different parts of the country.

But Yarima, a frontline promoter of the opposition’s All Progressives Congress (APC), yesterday said the meeting was not political and he had no plans to be vice president in Jonathan’s government.
He said the meeting was convened on invitation by President Jonathan so that the clerics would pray for an end to the insecurity that has bedeviled parts of the North.

“This is just a baseless rumour,” he told Daily Trust by telephone, referring to the allegations that he wanted to be vice president.

“I have said it time without number that I will never decamp to PDP no matter what. I will never leave my party, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) but because of the fact that we are merging together, I’m now in APC.

“With this my stand you will see that the rumour is baseless. Or have you ever seen where an opposition member becomes a vice president to a ruling party? This is not possible anywhere in the world.”

He said their visit to the Presidency had nothing do with politics but that it was purely on the security challenges affecting the country.

“When the president was Vice President to late Yar’Adua I led clerics to the villa under the umbrella of National Ulama Consultative Forum which I formed when I was governor of Zamfara State with the twin aims of promoting unity among
Muslims and championing the cause of Islam in the country. President Jonathan called me recently that he wants me to lead the same group of clerics to him so that they can pray for the country and that was what happened.

“During the visit, the clerics offered prayers for the restoration of peace in all parts of the country. They also asked the president to look into some issues including the restoration of GSM services in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states and find a lasting solution to insecurity challenges facing us. The president was very happy and he pledged to look into it. This was weeks ago and now he has ordered the restoration of GSM services,” he added.

Zamfara deputy governor Ibrahim Wakkala Muhammad, who also attended, told Daily Trust yesterday their meeting with the president had nothing to do with alleged the moves to dislodge Vice President Sambo.

Speaking through his press secretary, Yusuf Idris, the deputy governor said the meeting was purely on religion affairs.
“His Excellency my boss led the clerics to the Presidency under Ulama Consultative Forum and there was nothing political as people are speculating. At the meeting, the clerics urged the President to intensify efforts at addressing the insecurity in the country and the President assured them of his commitment to it,” he said.

When contacted, Sheikh Yusuf Sambo Rigachukun declined comment and referred our correspondent to Senator Yarima. “Please keep me out of this. I’m a cleric and not a politician, go and meet Yarima on this please,” he told our correspondent by telephone.

Another cleric who attended the meeting also told our correspondent that the meeting was not political.
“Yes we went to the President few weeks ago but it has nothing to do with politics. The president is for all of us and there is nothing bad for us to visit him,” he said, asking not to be named.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/1081-why-i-took-clerics-to-jonathan-yarima

2 Likes

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bloody paedophile! How much was paid to you and your mallams when you paid the so called prayer visit?

8 Likes

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
This man resembles Shekau?

2 Likes

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Tolexander: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Former Zamfara State Governor
Ahmed Sani Yarima yesterday
told Daily Trust he led a team of
Muslim clerics to a meeting with
President Jonathan two weeks
ago so that they would pray for
peace in the country, and not to
further any political goal.
has the political crises in nigeria ended?
Still wondering why nigerians use prayer in place of their responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by oluwaju1lo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
iyen na da
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Omen100(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Former Zamfara State Governor Ahmed Sani Yarima yesterday told Daily Trust he led a team of Muslim clerics to a meeting with President Jonathan two weeks ago so that they would pray for peace in the country, and not to further any political goal.

Yarima was said to have shepherded many prominent Muslim clerics from around the country to meet with the president penultimate Friday in order to further Jonathan’s yet-to-be declared second-term ambition and to also try to supplant Vice President Namadi Sambo on the presidential ballot in 2015.

The meeting, held at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, had in attendance a representative of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, Sheikh Yusuf Sambo Rigachukun, Prof Tijjani Al-Miskin and Zamfara deputy governor Ibrahim Wakkala Muhammad, who was commissioner in Yarima’s cabinet when he was governor.

Sources had told Daily Trust that Yarima had sold the idea that he was the only one who could rally round Muslim clerics to support Jonathan’s candidature given his well-known Sharia credentials. Yarima, now a senator, was the first governor to introduce Sharia before several other states in the North followed suit in 2000-2003.

Our correspondent gathered that the Muslim clerics who attended the meeting with Jonathan under the aegis of the National Ulama Consultative Forum were from different parts of the country.

But Yarima, a frontline promoter of the opposition’s All Progressives Congress (APC), yesterday said the meeting was not political and he had no plans to be vice president in Jonathan’s government.
He said the meeting was convened on invitation by President Jonathan so that the clerics would pray for an end to the insecurity that has bedeviled parts of the North.

“This is just a baseless rumour,” he told Daily Trust by telephone, referring to the allegations that he wanted to be vice president.

“I have said it time without number that I will never decamp to PDP no matter what. I will never leave my party, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) but because of the fact that we are merging together, I’m now in APC.

“With this my stand you will see that the rumour is baseless. Or have you ever seen where an opposition member becomes a vice president to a ruling party? This is not possible anywhere in the world.”

He said their visit to the Presidency had nothing do with politics but that it was purely on the security challenges affecting the country.

“When the president was Vice President to late Yar’Adua I led clerics to the villa under the umbrella of National Ulama Consultative Forum which I formed when I was governor of Zamfara State with the twin aims of promoting unity among
Muslims and championing the cause of Islam in the country. President Jonathan called me recently that he wants me to lead the same group of clerics to him so that they can pray for the country and that was what happened.

“During the visit, the clerics offered prayers for the restoration of peace in all parts of the country. They also asked the president to look into some issues including the restoration of GSM services in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states and find a lasting solution to insecurity challenges facing us. The president was very happy and he pledged to look into it. This was weeks ago and now he has ordered the restoration of GSM services,” he added.

Zamfara deputy governor Ibrahim Wakkala Muhammad, who also attended, told Daily Trust yesterday their meeting with the president had nothing to do with alleged the moves to dislodge Vice President Sambo.

Speaking through his press secretary, Yusuf Idris, the deputy governor said the meeting was purely on religion affairs.
“His Excellency my boss led the clerics to the Presidency under Ulama Consultative Forum and there was nothing political as people are speculating. At the meeting, the clerics urged the President to intensify efforts at addressing the insecurity in the country and the President assured them of his commitment to it,” he said.

When contacted, Sheikh Yusuf Sambo Rigachukun declined comment and referred our correspondent to Senator Yarima. “Please keep me out of this. I’m a cleric and not a politician, go and meet Yarima on this please,” he told our correspondent by telephone.

Another cleric who attended the meeting also told our correspondent that the meeting was not political.
“Yes we went to the President few weeks ago but it has nothing to do with politics. The president is for all of us and there is nothing bad for us to visit him,” he said, asking not to be named.

georgecso:

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/1081-why-i-took-clerics-to-jonathan-yarima

Really?
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
NEGLIGENCE OF DUTY...WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT IT IS ONLY THE PEACE OF GOD THAT STILL HOLDS NIGERIA TILL TODAY.
WETIN I DEY TALK SEF,THE PERSON WEY DEY CARRY CLERIC GO PRAY FOR JONATHAN SEF GET PEACE? ABI D CLERIC SEF...MAKE UNA TELL US HW MANY MILLION NAIRA UNA COLLECT.... undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hope he didn't ask for underage marriage to be allowed.
Last Bullet:[/b]
I don't know why some people just love toto of teen girls.
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Geeeee3: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
yerima the peace lover abi peaceful lover of underaged girls?
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by mkmyers45(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Its Yerima not Yarima
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by supaeagles(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
It's good that his mission was to pray for peace, however he and other Nothern leaders should actually get actively involved in solving the root cause of the problems : poor education, opportunities for employment, basic healthcare etc. Waiting for Devine intervention may not be the solution when they have the ability to bring about change as elected leaders.
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Fazhy: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
The game is on .....

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by omoba007(m): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by ebamma3: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
i hear say jonathan get 13yrs old daughter, i hope say the senator no go to ask for her hand in marriage oh?

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Judolisco(m): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Y is he nw telling us now
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Twista0(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Omen100(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
ebamma 3: i hear say jonathan get 13yrs old daughter, i hope say the senator no go to ask for her hand in marriage oh?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
senators intently concerned about the approval of early marriage
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by dudet(f): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Paedophile!!!
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
This Yerima better be honest about his visit to the president and his drama in the floor of the senate. To show how through manipulating Islamic fanatics by playing the "defending Islam" cars, he can get to be the vp innit?
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by batstan(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
cool IT IS FINISHED
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by emekatimsu(m): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
There is nothing wrong that a core northern elder/statesman is truely and geniuely showing concern about the security situation in his zone and praying for his country and offering advise to the C-C.
If prof Anglo,GMB,Elrufai and other GEJ haterz have showed such concern on the state of the country instead of playing "proffesionals in Nigeria management" in the media..

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by emekatimsu(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
There is nothing wrong that a core northern elder/statesman is truely and geniuely showing concern about the security situation in his zone and praying for his country and offering advise to the C-C.
If prof Anglo,GMB,Elrufai and other GEJ haterz have showed such concern on the state of the country instead of playing "proffesionals in Nigeria management" in the media...

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Funkeogunjobi(f): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dike Chimezie: This man resembles Shekau?
Are you sure?
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Goddex: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Our biased moderators are killing nairaland gradually.
How come this thread with only two posts immediately fly to the frontpage?
How come every thread that tend to support the aspiration of APC immediately hit the frontpage?
You guys will be disappointed in 2015

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by ochallo: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
pray for peace my ass. i tot religious people were not supposed to lie
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by tintingz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
When the president was Vice President to late
Yar’Adua I led clerics to the villa under the umbrella of
National Ulama Consultative Forum which I formed
when I was governor of Zamfara State with the twin
aims of promoting unity among
Muslims and championing the cause of Islam in the
country.[size=18pt] President Jonathan called me recently that
he wants me to lead the same group of clerics to him
so that they can pray for the country
[/size] and that was
what happened.
Why ya'll shouting like hungry pigs...GEJ called Yerima and clerics for prayers for the peace of this country...

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Nuzo1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
I rather vote terrorist Shakau as president and fanatic Buhari as VP than have pedophilic Yerima as GEJ's VP.

Not kidding!

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by danny301: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
That pedophile that was busy fighting for under-age marriage in the National Assembly while his colleagues were discussing issues such as autonomy of Local govt,Separation of the office of the Attorney General from that of the Minister of Justice etc, is now carrying some jobless clerics around to pray for the peace of the nation. Well lets hope God hears their prayer.
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by mu2sa2: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
While there is nothing wrong with praying for the country, but should the clerics go to Aso Rock to make a show of it? Would God not answer their prayer even from their homes?

1 Like

Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Akiika: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Most bizzare country in the world. The sad thing is that we still don't realise these guys are polilooters that hide under religion to perpetrate their evil acts. Imagine Yerima insisting on Shariah, does the correct shariah encourage sycophancy? It is only bloody revolution that can fix these mess.
Re: Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace by Acelifted: 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Do you have to go to Aso Rock to pray for Nigeria? Why don't you do it conviniently in your mosques and churches back in Zamfara, where God who sees you in secret will reward you openly. Religious notice-me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? / Sanwo-Olu, Alabi Should Tame Rowdy Agberos - Punch Editorial / Petrocam Asks Court To Liquidate BRT Operator Over Alleged N63.4m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.