Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) (27701 Views)

"We'll Partner With Abia State Govt On Infrastructural Development - Gov Udom / Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks / Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by plaetton: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
Moro.on..

You call these infrastructural development?
To your ignorant brain, government buildings are infrastructural developments?

So the government in Abia State exists for it's own sake?

Aside from the government officials and contractors who benefited from the inflated contracts, of what uses and benefits are these buildings to the people?

Where are the roads, the bridges, the water works, the power generating facilities, the public libraries, the schools, the health care centers?

It seems that stupidi.t.y is spreading downwards from the mo.ro.nic governor to his praise singers.

10 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Yazmin: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
patrikobi: Governance in Abia and who made it better

It is true that governance in Abia state has procreated a lot of challenges, consequentially, greatest if the greatest. A few like T.A has comprehended what democratic leadership is and how democracy can be ran to improve development in the wider sense.Leadership starts with nerve-racking passion that seizes you, and will commove the gradation mentality, and this phenomenal apathy varies with leader to leader.
Governor T.A has the mental resources and intellectual gradients which determines how he responds to the challenges and this has yielded much advantages and brought lot of change, either to sustain, transformation, retain growth and uphold the validity of progress Abia state over a period of time.

T.A Orji has examined the backwardness and build up rot which ensues from improper handling of issues that could obviously be traced from the inventive period when Abia state was created . He is a leader that does strive for a balance on its success and continuity,attract development in its justifiable act of genuinely democratic-polity and systematic approach forming basis of a democratic reality.it is true that is widely believed that Abia state can be said to have had a dysfunctional domain of history of downsize performance coming way back as from the time of creation of Abia state. people cast aspersion ,its is an every day norm, and it is always said that Abia leaders, governors, present and past lack transparently most reliable structures, certain operative context and diplomats hinging on knowledge in all their varieties as their ultimate resources and have fallen below the immediate goal of democratization of the electoral process which contradicts what is been expected of them by their followers.

Unlike T.A Orji, some if not all those who were before him were focused on personal interest by employing constricted and artful leadership styles and made no difference. T.A has demonstrated his administration without cynicism, and such an operative system is a necessity to achieving a critical project. He has manifested a firm reliance and his relationship-oriented manner has create the affinity amongst the people of Abia state.

T.A is a leader who is not arrogance, he is neither hostile nor dominance. he is possesses the character of a leader that does not create deep-seated antagonism between his aides and his underlings . T.A ORJI is a leader who is ever ready to endure the trashed heaped on his head, and he must not revile.

The past leaders in Abia had assumed that we do not have any dreams to be fulfilled, they lost track of the rudimentary process which was important to embark on and lead us to our destiny. Propaganda ate deep into their system,selfish interest brought down their values , and the significant of democratic leadership was not met and which made them to fail in their very tenures.

Not too long again before the fruitless tenure of Orji Uzor Kalu collapsed under the weight of repression , dictatorship and autocratic.-he turned the Abia state to a political laboratory and came up with a grandiose political transition that was described as the most non-democratically and non-profitable in of its era which produced no democracy. An administration which created the dullardity of no transformation. OUK's dual tenures were an industry whose business experience held no water in democratic terrain. Obviously he was unable to diffuse the polity in good manner.

But after his eviction from office by constitutional duration, came a man we should support his efforts ,that are spontaneously bringing the desired socio- economic development. T.A Orji made the different and with total consummation we will encourage him to :-Xobserve continuity and be more clinical in avoidance of uneven disposition of democratic and political influence in order to balance energetic sense of purpose with a concern for the service of others.

Is abia state in the south east?
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by obinalihe: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
you did not see all this ,its also from Abia state...the governor is working,dont mind people who say he is not workin

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by deols(f): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
There is nothing ultra modern about that market. When the whole of it is roofed, call it development.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Diasporan(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
obinalihe: you did not see all this ,its also from Abia state...the governor is working,dont mind people who say he is not workin
All these for six years?May God open your eyes to see IJN

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by crackhouse(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
obinalihe: It is so sad that people judge the Governor's performances from a distance without even visiting Abia State to see for themselves what actually is the truth on ground. From where am standing and judging from the past Governments that has come and gone in Abia State, His Excellency Chief Dr. T. A. Orji (Ochendu Ibeku) has done marvelously well and better that any previous government with reasons. It is only left for any other incoming Government to improve on what he has already done. Today, Abia is the most secured State in Nigeria, there are new structures all over Abia. there is no way okorocha can be compare with T.A
my dear i am sorry to say that you are sick. how does these benefit Abians? No roads, no school, no employment, only one hospital and market with less than 100 shops and you are here making noise. it's a pity

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Why is everything located right in the bush...? undecided
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by firetrap(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
all these guys posting that Thief Armed robber orji is doing good are all paid cronies of the governor and I suspect that its just one person using different usernames. I'm in abia state at present, I've been here for several months and I can tell you that this is the worse state in the east. the man is so clueless that he can't even bring in policies that will create jobs for the youths. just recently him and his advisers (his son) came up frivolous taxes that even people who hawk gala on the road are asked to pay close to 5k monthly as tax fro. their meager businesses. @op why don't you post pictures of ochendo close so that Nigerians can see it. ochendo close is an area in Umuahia where the governor owns virtually all the structures within the vicinity

7 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by manuelo130: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yazmin:

Is abia state in the south east?
No its in the north west...
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by emindu: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
The Governor has done more than enough for us in Abia...Just some few disgruntled elements will always say nothing.
This Governor has provided adequate security for Abians
Provided sound healthcare system...
A new International Conference centre is being built by this governor, A new secretariat, A new government house, A new international market, a new modern timber and allied market, 45000 youths are on monthly payroll+ 1000 youths receiving 10, 000 from ASOPADEC. I really can't join those of us with no eyes to condemn someone that has sacrifice much for us.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by emindu: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
The Governor has extended his hands of development to cut across all sectors of the economy in the state. This is out of his humane nature. He keeps affecting lives on daily basis in one way or the other not minding the tight and elaborate schedule of his to make the entire state feel the impact of his administration. We must have to give our support to make things work for the better. Unhealthy criticism will not take us to anywhere, instead discouragements and hatred. Let us prove to our neighboring states that we can be in unity and achieve a lot, devoid acrimony. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by emindu: 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
It is so sad that people judge the Governor's performances from a distance without even visiting Abia State to see for themselves what actually is the truth on ground. From where am standing and judging from the past Governments that has come and gone in Abia State, His Excellency Chief Dr. T. A. Orji (Ochendu Ibeku) has done marvelously well and better that any previous government with reasons. It is only left for any other incoming Government to improve on what he has already done. Today, Abia is the most secured State in Nigeria, there are new structures all over Abia. I can go on and on etc
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by firetrap(m): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
emindu: The Governor has extended his hands of development to cut across all sectors of the economy in the state. This is out of his humane nature. He keeps affecting lives on daily basis in one way or the other not minding the tight and elaborate schedule of his to make the entire state feel the impact of his administration. We must have to give our support to make things work for the better. Unhealthy criticism will not take us to anywhere, instead discouragements and hatred. Let us prove to our neighboring states that we can be in unity and achieve a lot, devoid acrimony. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

only a fool will spew this sort of rubbish from his mouth. ur such an asssss kisser

4 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by manuelo130: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
This government, just like others before, him is a failure.
A city like Aba is simply a reflection of the failure of government to appreciate the needs of the people.
Simply go a and see Aba for yourself to understand why this man should be stoned. He can not even clear refuse bins and some people are here shouting his praise.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by emindu: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Why Abia Will Not Go to Bond Market

Unlike most of his colleagues, Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State Government has ruled out going to the bond market to raise funds for the financing of projects in the state, saying that he would continue to manage the available resources.
Speaking during an interactive session with financial journalists in Umuahia, the governor said instead of issue raising debt from the fixed income market, he would rather work towards increasing the state's Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) to meet infrastructural needs.
“We want to cut our coat according to our size. When I take bond, when my allocation comes from Abuja, they will take part of it to settle for the bond. I will not be able to pay salaries and I may have problem in the state. So, it is better that I manage what I have prudently and increase my IGR. We keep putting our officials under pressure to increase our level of IGR.
“To take bond of N250 billion or N300 billion? I will never do that! I am happy with the structures we are putting on ground and when you go round the state you know it is prudent management. But when you raise bond, you may end up not even utilising the money for the purpose it was meant for,” the governor declared.
According to him, his administration was assiduously working towards attracting investors to the state as well as the reviving of ailing industries.
Orji revealed that the Nigerian Breweries in Aba has concluded plans to invest N17 billion in the expansion of its operations in the state.
He added: “So, in terms of industrialisation, we are trying. But government does not run industries. What we are doing is trying to bring in people that can revive our dead industries such as Golden Guinea Breweries Limited, which we have gotten and I am sure would be revived before 2015.

“The glass industry that we have in Aba is running. These are government industries. The others are privately owned industries. Therefore Aba remains key to us; that is why we are fixing the infrastructure. We want to repair all the roads, keep the place clean, provide security, so that people can come in and invest.”

According to the governor, his administration had embarked on youth empowerment programmes to alleviate poverty in the state and address the issue of kidnapping and other social vices.

“Today, Abia pays the highest minimum wage in the whole of the federation. We pay N20,100. Check out if there is any state that is paying that. Despite the fact that we are not very rich, we pay that amount and even the arrears. We introduced biometric system of payment to flush out a lot of ghost workers from the system,” he added.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Babaofor(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
who said my guvnor is not working

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by wallosky: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
For allmost eight years that is all T.A used all the allocation he recieved to achieve...no wonder they said he is the worst performing Governor...please travel and see what other governors did in their respective states...
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by babakingsto(m): 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mr governor u should b ashamed of ursef.can u tell me hw many yrs UV spent on dt seat,yet u are here showing d public uncompleted project.shame on u.compare ursef wt any governor in Nigeria,no one is worse than u are.
geeez: How many views will we see of the same complex?

Making a complex more complex than it really is will make it more complex for you to convince us that the state government is working as its trying to fight off the complex of seeing governors that perform do so without making governance in their states complex
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by emindu: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
I have the initial burden of either writing this piece to correct an impression by a minute section of the press and few critics of Abia state governor, Sir Theodore Ahamefule Orji that tend to stand truth on its head and present falsehood as fact or allowing the mumble jumble they come to town with in the name of criticizing the Abia chief executive to be their albatross since fact is always sacred.
But something inside of me insisted that I must make these clarifications, having been closer to the system (since 1998) which these commentators are commenting on.

The ongoing new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Work started in January 2013. Work is completed.

The ongoing new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Work started in January 2013. Work is 85% completed.
The New Dialysis Center in Umuahia - completed. It has 7 Dialysis Machines.

The New Dialysis Center in Umuahia – completed. It has 7 Dialysis Machines.
The New Modern High Court in Umuahia - Six new air-conditioned Court Room - started January 2013 - completed

The New Modern High Court in Umuahia – Six new air-conditioned Court Room – started January 2013 – completed
The completed section of the new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Started in January 2013.

The completed section of the new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Started in January 2013.
Secondly, it will be unexplainable for anybody closer to the government of Abia state to maintain the studied silence when the opposite of splendid the political and social development playing out in Abia state is being forced on the unwary public.
Indeed, I appreciate the sentiments of a section of the media, and also their predicament. But what I can’t understand is the deliberate or will I say orchestrated plan to present one sided documentary of the development in Abia vis-a-vis the relationship between the two Orjis ie His Excellency, Chief T A Orji and former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu.
In as much as I agree that journalists should express their opinions strongly on certain issues concerning the state of affairs in the society, I also believe in the notion that objectivity is a significant principle of journalistic professionalism.
One can easily miss the point if he or she maintains a robust interest on a particular issue only to keep a blind eye on the other side of the coin. Me thinks that journalistic objectivity can refer to fairness, disinterestedness, factuality and nonpartisanship. This is why it is appropriate to present the fact as it is no matter how strong one’s opinion on a particular issue is. I regret to state that some of the commentators (by a section of the media though) on Abia Project is based on circumstantial evidence or hearsay and not on facts on the ground.
If they could distance themselves from the
evidence of a third party and come to Abia
state to witness the actual happenings,
their public perception of the events in
Abia would be anything but prejudice;
thus offering the reading public the best of their analyses on Project Abia.
Indeed, a trip to Abia will change the
perception of some Lagos and Abuja
based journalists who still mirror this
God’s Own State from its position before
2007. It is worrisome to read that there
are decaying infrastructure ie road,
electricity, pipe-borne water etc in Abia
when in actual fact the T A Orji’s
government alone has provided more
roads than all his predecessors (from
1991 when the state was created till
date) put together. As at the last count,
the 132KV at Ohiya substation that
supplies electricity uninterruptedly to
Umuahia, while the government had put up
the machinery to provide pipe-borne
water to the cities.
Today, every sector is being galvanized to
achieve optimum result. Is it in health
sector, education, agriculture, commerce
and industry, housing, security etc that
the government of Abia state is not
prioritizing? Time was when some people
in the state particularly Aba fled the city because of the rampage of kidnappers. It took the intervention of T.A Orji with the support of the federal government and
military to restore normalcy to the once
dreaded city. Now that normalcy has been
restored, international firms like Alkamali petroleum of Dubai, Junohermes, a South African firm, Imoniyame Holdings Ltd, Americare Inc USA are coming to do
business in oil and gas, agriculture,
banking and commerce etc. Today,
farmers are smiling their ways to the
banks courtesy of the N1 billion soft loans the government provided for them.
A trip to Abia will expose a lot.
Housing estates dot the landscape. They
include Amaokwe, Ehimiri, Ohiya, Ubakala,
Amuzukwu, Isieke, Osisioma, etc; most of
them have been completed and being
occupied, while others are at various
stages of completion. Or do we talk about
the establishment of modern diagnostic
health centres ie specialist diagnostic
hospitals in Aba and Umuahia. The high
courts and magistrate courts building
projects in Aba and Umuahia Just last
month, Governor T A Orji flagged off 16
roads in Aba to the delight of Aba
residents. And on Tuesday, 4December
2012, he went on an inspection tour on
these road projects to the tumultuous
welcome of Aba residents. It baffles some
of us when some commentators insinuate
that His Excellency is hated by Aba
residents.
Which Aba residents? His critics also
charge that civil servants are owed
monthly arrears of salaries and
allowances, yet none of these critics could point out the ministry that has not
received their salaries up to November
2012. To this end, he has received several
awards as a result of his quality
leadership. This year alone Ochendo has
been bestowed with the best Governorship
Award on Security, Icon of Democracy by
Champion Newspapers and Knight of
John Wesley by the Methodist Church of
Nigeria.
If there is a challenge in the payment of
pension and gratuities of civil service, it is not as a result of government dereliction but apparently because of some
bureaucratic bottlenecks. The government
is addressing that issue and very soon
senior citizens affected by this tailback will smile. Therefore, it is absurd to insinuate that Abia is not on the fast track of development. Actually, federal roads are in the state of disrepair. Enugu“Port Harcourt road, Aba-Ikot Ekpene,
Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene etc are impassable.
But critics blame Abia government for
their despicable state.
They fail to acknowledge the fact that the
T.A Orji’s government reconstructed
the Aba-Owerri road and Aba-Port
Harcourt road; all federal roads. We
expect commentators on Abia to question
why the federal government should shirk
its responsibility in this regard in Abia
state.
As a detribalized are focused leader, T A
Orji sees everything that belongs to the
federal government as his to keep in good
shape. Arguably, a politician that is
focused towards providing good
governance like T A cannot descend to the
level of blocking former Governor Orji
Uzor Kalu from rejoining the PDP. Kalu
has repeatedly said that he has no
intention of joining PDP or any political
party for that matter.
However, instead of abiding by that vow he
was reported to have applied to register
at the national level against the
constitution of PDP that stipulates that
intending members or those that left the
party and desire to rejoin should either
join or rejoin from their ward.
Even at that, and assuming that he applied
to register at his Onuibina-Igbere ward
level, he is still cannot be regarded as a
member of the party if the party at the
ward level thinks otherwise. It is one thing to apply for membership of an
organization and it is another for the
members to accept the applicant as a
member. There are determining factors. It
is not automatic. Therefore, if the rules
were bent to favour a particular
applicant, there is nothing wrong if some
stakeholders stage a protest. That is how
Governor T.A Orji was involved. It is
unacceptable to accuse the Governor of
leading the stakeholders to Abuja to
complain of the glaring case of violation of the PDP constitution while turning blind eye on the genuineness of the exercise.
After all, what is good for the goose is
also good for the gander.
Former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu should
not be treated differently simply because
he allegedly donated $1 million to facilitate the take-off and smooth running of PDP in 1998. The theory of Kalu donating $1 million to the PDP has become a recurring decimal without any empirical evidence to back the claim. The figure keeps changing as his supporters defend him over it.
As for politicians who joined PDP from
their former political parties. In as much
as I wouldn’t speak for the likes of
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who left the
PDP to ANPP and back to PDP in 2003,
Senator Nkechi Nwogu from ANPP to PDP
and Vincent Ogbulafor who contested the
governorship of Abia state under the then
APP in 1999 before joining PDP in 2002,
it is obvious that these politicians
complied with the provision of the PDP
constitution before they were re-admitted.
They did not bulldoze their ways into the
party. The party is supreme and
therefore all joiners should be obedient to its rules.
What should concern every card-carrying
party member in PDP or any other party
for that matter is the insistence of the
practice of internal democracy by its
leaders. In underscoring the essence of
internal party democracy, Lenin wrote “it
means that all the affairs of the party are conducted, either directly or through
representatives, by all members of the
party, all of whom without exception have
equal rights; moreover, all officials, all
leading bodies, and all institutions of the party are subject to election, are
responsible to their constituents, and are
subject to recallâ€. This postulation
makes it mandatory for all; members or
applicants to subject themselves to the
rule of the party irrespective of their
former or present status.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by babakingsto(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Imagine u posting all DS Mr governor,ur disgracing d people of ibos.sorry to say DS,ur d worst governor in Nigeria.
obinalihe: you did not see all this ,its also from Abia state...the governor is working,dont mind people who say he is not workin
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by firetrap(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
^^^ op please stop posting ur ready made epistles. we Abians know the truth
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
mikeoh: Ok.. Before weekend I will post the state of road in aba street... Moderators watch out..... What the governor knows is to build estates, markets, hotels which will Leta be sold out to the few rich.... Come to aba that harbours about 90 percent of the state population u won't see any good road, no good drainage systems... Aba is a mess....... What he knows is to construct houses in ibeku his home town which he Leta sold out to his colleagues
90 of abia population in aba? Prove dat pls, I need figures.
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by ore64dollar: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
REBRANDED AND TRANSFORMING UNDER GOVERNOR, T. A. ORJI’S WATCHFUL EYES

Governor T. A. Orji is presently building a new Abia State for the good of all. Though he was confronted at the inception by a monstrous breakdown in the machinery of governance,breakdown of all traditional values of hard work, integrity, honesty, communal and self help spirit,discipline, transparency and accountability in conducting community and government business etc. He has been able to arrest these ugly situations.
Today weak infrastructure, decline in quality of education and a legacy of impunity are things of the past and no more in the character or identified with the people and government of Abia, God’s own State. Starting with the first ever Economic Summit, which was organized between the 6th and 7th of December 2011, a new Abia as envisioned by her great scholars of international reputation and a cream of other technocrats fashioned out,
“A modern, prosperous and secure state built on the energy, drive and enterprise of its people”.
This new vision was all that was required to under pin an agenda for creating shared prosperity through the development of desirable infrastructure, industry, agriculture and mutually beneficial linkages.
Tremendous achievements have been recordedunder Gov. T.A. Orji as enunciated and enumerated below.

AGRICULTURE:
More than anytime in the history of Abia State, agriculture has received a boost with the reactivation and revitalization of a 5-ton/hour industrial oil palm at Mbawsi, a 2,600 hectare (1,500/ha of improved seedling) of oil palm estate is already in place at Ohambele and 200 hectares of oil palm plantation at Ulonna North and South and Ozuitem – Amamba.
Altogether, 1 million improved seedlings have been
planted at the fallow areas of these plantations.
These excluded the pilot songhai integrated farm on 55 hectares at Okwoi Ibeku for plantain banana and pineapples while another 200 hectares have been cultivated for rice and fish farming at Ndibe-Abam in Bende LGA.
Recently, 55 tractors were acquired under PPP initiative for farmers hiring services. The state has continued to honour its counterpart obligations and is part of the new cassava and oil transformation initiative (COTI). As a pacesetter, Governor T.A. Orji recently signed the irrevocable payment order (IPO) to empower Abia commercial farmers to access the N1 billion Agriculture loan domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The mega farms otherwise called Liberation farms are being established in the 17 LGAs of Abia State in collaboration with ASOPADEC. The project is estimated to create 40000 jobs while a modern abattoir is been set up in Aba under another PPP agreement with an Ottawa-Canada based food company.

ELECTRICITY
Umuahia is the only state capital in the entire South East that has electrified the entire streets and roads with street lightings. It is also very peculiar to state here, that it is only in Aba,Umuahia and its environs, that regular and uninterrupted electricity supply has been successfully achieved. This came as a result of the commissioning of the new 2 x 40 MVA, 132/33kv Transmission substation and the 132KVDC transmission line located at Ohiya in Umuahia by the Governor. That is not all, the Abia State government under Chief T.A. Orji had facilitated the ferrying of the gas turbines across Imo River to ensure early completion of the NIPP project at Alaoji. In line with Governor T. A. Orji’s determination to ensure regular availability of electricity for Abia’s numerous small and medium scale industries, the State is leading other South East States to procure the Enugu distribution of PHCN of Nigeria while at the same time installing transformers in the ruralcommunities.
New Asepa Permanent Site Umuahia

ROADS
Governor T.A Orji has embarked on more than 50 different road projects in various parts of the state in the recent times. While a good number of these roads have been completed others are at various stages of completion. Some of the roads are Faulks Road Aba, Nkata – Alaike roads,Umuahia, Ndiokereke-Ndioji, Abam–Arochukwu road, and the Aba -Owerri road, Aba which has opened up another vista of business opportunities for Aba residents. Also commissioned is the popular Ukwu-mango road in Aba which hitherto had remained not just unmotorable, unpassable but in a very deplorable condition. Ukwu-mango is a very indispensable link into the Ariaria International Market.

HEALTH
In line with Governor T.A. Orji’s promise to sustain primary health care delivery system, he has already upgraded all facilities at the state owned specialist hospital at Amachara and Abayi to the extent that it is the most functional and adequately staffed state owned hospital around here. The Amachara hospital is also an annex ofthe ultra modern diagnostic centres in both Umuahia the State Capital and Aba, the commercial city of Abia with the the new chest clinic at Amachara-Umuahia.
In addition, a storey building has been
constructed for house officers alongside the 2 story building complex meant for resident Doctors. Besides renovating the theatre, work is completed at the accident and emergency units of the hospital. These were executed to enable it cope with increased activities and prevailing challenges. More importantly, Governor T.A has constructed and equipped more than 250 health centres in the different parts of Abia State under its primary health care services and development programme. Each of these health facilities has, in compliance with the MDG been provided with a bore-hole and a tricycle to convey patients to and from the health centres. It is therefore heart worming that Chief T.A Orji kept his assurances that every political ward in Abia State most have a health facility to attend to the health and social needs of the constituents.
As part of his efforts to provide quality health care and services to Abians, Governor T.A Orji is also constructing an auditorium at the specialist hospital Abayi, Aba for student doctors while at the same time meeting the counterpart obligation to the health partners and affiliate agencies such as WHO, UNICEF as demonstrated by the polio-free status of Abia State.
As a tertiary referral centre, Abia’s diagnostic centres are readily accessed by a cross section of Nigerians. Patients who would have been flown abroad for emergency medical treatment are now patronizing the Abia diagnostic centres which boast of world class and State- of- the- art-equipment.

COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY:
The Abia State Government being piloted by Chief T. A. Orji is bent on providing the enabling environment for business to thrive in the state.
That is why many investors are now interested more than ever before in partnering with the state government. The government has signed MOUs with various companies within and outside the country willing to do business with the state. Not long ago, Alkamali Oil of United Arab Emirate entered into partnership with Abia State towards exploring opportunities in the oil sector. There is a similar plan by a private investor to set up a cement manufacturing plant in Arochukwu following the abundance of limestone -a major raw material for cement production. There are many of such partnership between investors and the Abia State Government going on in the state.
The Abia State Government has also taken a giant leap forward in its effort to-relocate the Umuahia Main Market from its present location to a more spacious and ideal place. It has therefore vigorously pursued the plan to realize the Ubani Ibeku Ultra Modern Market project in the shortest possible time after the former contractor handling the project failed to deliver.
At the moment, work is progressing steadily at the site of the new market at Ubani Ibeku where about 5,000 shops have so far been built. All things being equal, by December this year traders will start moving over to the new market while the space where the old market was situated will be converted to another use by government.
In the same vein, the state government has concluded plans to relocate traders at the old Industrial Market to a more conducive location at Azueke Ibeku in the Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state. Government plans to build more than 5,000 shops in the new market while already, about 3,000 shops have been realized. The rest will soon be completed.
Government’s desire is that by the end of the year, movement of traders to the new market would have commenced. Apart from constructing new markets, some old markets have been receiving the attention of the state government. Not long ago, the executives of market associations in the state were provided with brand new official buses for their executives. Infrastructural development of the markets is a continuous process. For instance, rehabilitation of internal roads in Ariaria International Market is nearing completion.
Transformers have donated to the markets.

SPORTS:
SINCE the inception of the present administration in Abia State, it has recorded giant strides in the field of sports. The most recent are:
1. The reconstruction and re-sing of the Umuahia Township stadium/ Upgrading of the stadium.
2. Acquisition of World Class wrestling Ring.
3. On-going collaboration between Abia State Government and Vejie Bold Club of Denmark for the establishment of a sports academy his the state.
4. Signing of the Abia State Sports Endowment Fund by the governor.
5. The state qualified to play in the 2012 WAFU
competition (Continental Football Competition).
6. The state now presents two club sides in the pro-league in the 2012 football season. It is on record that Abia State has over the years produced notable and international sports men and women who have excelled in various fields of sports. Names like Kanu Nwankwo, world champion in power lifting, Obioma Aligekwe are Abia sons.
Recently also, the Enyimba Football Club’s chairman, Felix Anyansi Agwu was elected into the board of the Nigeria Football Federation. The director of Sports, Abia State Sports Council, Mr.Ejikeme Ikwunze was also appointed into the nine-man ministerial committee to reform football in the country.

Housing:
The housing sector of the state has not been left out in the state’s supper transformation. In the last six months, a lot has been done in this sector.
The fencing of the site for the new Abia Government House at Ogurube Layout is nearing completion. The new civil servants secretariat, a four storey building has already been roofed and the other(l no.) four storey building is at the roofing stage even as the old one is undergoing renovation, while work at the 5,000 capacity International conference centre, Umuahia has reached 90% completion. The government has also deemed it necessary to alleviate the accommodation problem facing other government establishments in the state. Hence it has embarked on the construction of a 48-room office complex at the Broadcasting Corporation of Abia State, fully remodeled and expanded the Customary of Appeal building Umuahia and embarked on the construction of two massive storey building at the ministry of Justice. The old structures at the ministry have been given a face lift. The modern Abia State Planning Commission office complex has been completed.
Also, the Ochendo led Abia State government has embarked on the construction of 12 additional court halls at the High Court Complexes in Aba and Umuahia. No doubt, when completed, they will impact positively in the quick dispensation of justice. The projects are expected to be completed before the end of the year. The 3(no) new NYSC hostel blocks and 1 (no) staff building projects embarked upon by the state government at the permanent orientation camp at Umunna has almost been completed just as construction work at the Isieke Housing Estate, Umuahia is progressing steadily and nearing-Completion. An initial 30 units of 3-bedroom bungalows.
Renovation, construction and installation works at the Abia house, Abuja is also in progress.
Works on basement, interlocking tiles,, drainage and lift have been completed.
The High Brow Amokwe Housing Estate has been completed while Amuba Housing Estate is also ready for occupation. Finishing is ongoing; works on relaying of interlocking stones is also nearing completion. Still on housing, the state government is extending the commissioner’s quarters to accommodate all the commissioners with additional (6 no) duplexes. The project will soon be completed as work is in progress.

PUBLIC UTILITIES
Abia state government since the inception of the 2nd tenure of Chief T. A. Orji has made tremendous achievements in the area of water and electricity through the ministry of public utilities.
In the area of water,” a comprehensive consultancy services has been carried out on how to rehabilitate the old Umuahia Urban water scheme and other water schemes in the state through the ministry of public utilities and water Resources. The ministry is also liaising with the federal ministry of Niger Delta for the Regional water schemes in the state to be captured in the federal government’s subsidy RemovalReinvestment programme (SUREP).
This will involve the reconstruction, rehabilitation and expansion of the water schemes. Also, the rehabilitation of Umuokpara water scheme has been executed. In the area of electricity the timely intervention by the state government facilitated the inspection and pre -commissioning tests of the Completed 132kv network from Alaoji- Umuahia and the 132/33 KV injection substation equally energized. Consequently, the state government in 2011 awarded contract for the construction of 5no 33kv High Tension feeder lines from the Ohiya 2x30 MVA, 132/33kv injection substation.
The 5 No 33KV feeder lines radiates from Ohiya injection sub-station to the following locations - Afara, Ubakala, Nkwoegwu, Ntigha Umungwa. Construction work along Afara, Ubakala, Nkwoegwu and Umungwa has been completed while work on the Ntigha axis is in progress. This has greatly increased the electricity supply situationin Umuahia metropolis and its environs.
In addition, government initiated and completed the installation of solar energy streetlights in the following areas of Umuahia metropolis-house of Assembly junction to Bende Road, Ndume Otuka Road, Road 3 Low Cost Housing Estate, Health centre Road, World Bank, Adelabu street and Bende road which has reached about 80% completion.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND CHIEFTAINCY
AFFAIRS:
One of the greatest legacies of the Chief T. A. Orji’s administration in the state is the
sustenance of peace in the communities. This has impacted positively on development. Through its relevant agencies like the ministry, of local government and chieftaincy Affairs, it has resolved Ezeship and , inter- community disputes in rural, grassroots communities through prompt, settlement of 76 ezeship and inter-community disputes. The government has provided conducive environment for local government administration by taking proactive decisions ‘fed actions on security reports received from the local governments. The Abia state government has continued to pay allowances of Ndieze regularly in addition to facilitating payment of over NI00m old debts as well as arrears of salaries owed by the 17 LGAs and ensured regular prompt payment of salaries owed by local governments in the state. The state government during the period under review completed the construction of the JAAC / Ndieze secretariat crescent with asphalt by direct labour; procured and distributed 3711 300KVA transformers to the 17 local governments and institutions in the state. Government also procured and distributed 72 vehicles to the 17 transition committee chairmen and all Revenue units of the 17 LGAs as well as the principal officers of Abia state traditional Rulers council. Government has also made funds available for the renovation of the local government headquarters and also produced uniform sign posts for them. The ministry in keeping with the governor’s directive empowered 6000 Abia youths across the local government areas.

EDUCATION:
Education remains a key priority of the state
government. Accordingly the state government has invested huge resources to that sector. There is a functional free transport services for students in Aba and Umuahia and this has alleviated the financial burden on parents. Scholarships have been instituted by the government for bright indigenes of the state to pursue academic programmes locally and overseas. Renovation of public primary and secondary schools is a continuous process and many dilapidated schools have benefitted from this gesture.

WOMEN AFFAIRS:
The Abia state government gives premium to the development of women, children, the indigent, elderly and persons living with disabilities. Over 200 women have been trained in various skills. A total of 1500 women had benefitted from the free pre and post natal treatment for pregnant women for the first six weeks. The Abia state government through the ministry has continued to take care of destitute and the less privileged by collaborating with the Itumbuzo mentally destitute home in the evacuation of some mentally ill persons in the state. Various sensitization programmes on child trafficking and abuse, HIV/AIDS, teenage pregnancy, harmful traditional practices, child right law, child immunization, maternal mortality have been carried out by the government.

SECURITY:
The Ochendo government seems to have made the greatest achievement in this sector.
Till date the state government has given out more than 150 patrol vehicles to security personnel in the state to help fight crime as well as communication equipment. The exercise is still on going. Besides, the state government was instrumental to the rehabilitation the Army barracks at Ohafia which has boosted the security of the state. The joint military -police patrol has copiously tackled crime. Today Abia is not only the most peaceful state but the safest
state in Nigeria to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by moshoodn(m): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice one @ Abia State>>>
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by dridowu: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hmmmm, some massive projcet pics, but some of my igbos friend on NL are always the first to critize Abia as the worst Gov in 9ja
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Chillypelly(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
The achievements of this son of the old religion will not be complete without mentioning the massive patching of urban roads in the state with cement. I will commend him for totally abandoning nerve roads in aba the hub of commerce and symbol of struggle of the Igbo man. I will equally congratulate his wisdom in banning all commercial buses coming from imo state from entering abia and equally setting up a task force to clamp down on defaulters. I personally will congratulate Ochendo for sacking civil servants from other SE states and removing the names of the pensioners of other SE states from the payroll.
smileysmileysmiley
OCHENDO FOR PRESIDENT 2015.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by mrvictor: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=16pt]BIGGEST LIE OF THE CENTURY![/size]
emindu:
I have the initial burden of either writing this piece to correct an impression by a minute section of the press and few critics of Abia state governor, Sir Theodore Ahamefule Orji that tend to stand truth on its head and present falsehood as fact or allowing the mumble jumble they come to town with in the name of criticizing the Abia chief executive to be their albatross since fact is always sacred.
But something inside of me insisted that I must make these clarifications, having been closer to the system (since 1998) which these commentators are commenting on.

The ongoing new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Work started in January 2013. Work is completed.

The ongoing new State Secretariat in Umuahia. Work started in January 2013. Work is 85% completed.
The New Dialysis Center in Umuahia - completed. It has 7 Dialysis Machines.

The New Dialysis Center in Umuahia – completed. It has 7 Dialysis Machines.
The New Modern High Court in Umuahia - Six new air-conditioned Court Room - started January 2013 - completed

The New Modern High Court in Umuahia – Six new air-conditioned Court Room – started January 2013 – completed

Secondly, it will be unexplainable for anybody closer to the government of Abia state to maintain the studied silence when the opposite of splendid the political and social development playing out in Abia state is being forced on the unwary public.
Indeed, I appreciate the sentiments of a section of the media, and also their predicament. But what I can’t understand is the deliberate or will I say orchestrated plan to present one sided documentary of the development in Abia vis-a-vis the relationship between the two Orjis ie His Excellency, Chief T A Orji and former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu.
In as much as I agree that journalists should express their opinions strongly on certain issues concerning the state of affairs in the society, I also believe in the notion that objectivity is a significant principle of journalistic professionalism.
One can easily miss the point if he or she maintains a robust interest on a particular issue only to keep a blind eye on the other side of the coin. Me thinks that journalistic objectivity can refer to fairness, disinterestedness, factuality and nonpartisanship. This is why it is appropriate to present the fact as it is no matter how strong one’s opinion on a particular issue is. I regret to state that some of the commentators (by a section of the media though) on Abia Project is based on circumstantial evidence or hearsay and not on facts on the ground.
If they could distance themselves from the
evidence of a third party and come to Abia
state to witness the actual happenings,
their public perception of the events in
Abia would be anything but prejudice;
thus offering the reading public the best of their analyses on Project Abia.
Indeed, a trip to Abia will change the
perception of some Lagos and Abuja
based journalists who still mirror this
God’s Own State from its position before
2007. It is worrisome to read that there
are decaying infrastructure ie road,
electricity, pipe-borne water etc in Abia
when in actual fact the T A Orji’s
government alone has provided more
roads than all his predecessors (from
1991 when the state was created till
date) put together. As at the last count,
the 132KV at Ohiya substation that
supplies electricity uninterruptedly to
Umuahia, while the government had put up
the machinery to provide pipe-borne
water to the cities.
Today, every sector is being galvanized to
achieve optimum result. Is it in health
sector, education, agriculture, commerce
and industry, housing, security etc that
the government of Abia state is not
prioritizing? Time was when some people
in the state particularly Aba fled the city because of the rampage of kidnappers. It took the intervention of T.A Orji with the support of the federal government and
military to restore normalcy to the once
dreaded city. Now that normalcy has been
restored, international firms like Alkamali petroleum of Dubai, Junohermes, a South African firm, Imoniyame Holdings Ltd, Americare Inc USA are coming to do
business in oil and gas, agriculture,
banking and commerce etc. Today,
farmers are smiling their ways to the
banks courtesy of the N1 billion soft loans the government provided for them.
A trip to Abia will expose a lot.
Housing estates dot the landscape. They
include Amaokwe, Ehimiri, Ohiya, Ubakala,
Amuzukwu, Isieke, Osisioma, etc; most of
them have been completed and being
occupied, while others are at various
stages of completion. Or do we talk about
the establishment of modern diagnostic
health centres ie specialist diagnostic
hospitals in Aba and Umuahia. The high
courts and magistrate courts building
projects in Aba and Umuahia Just last
month, Governor T A Orji flagged off 16
roads in Aba to the delight of Aba
residents. And on Tuesday, 4December
2012, he went on an inspection tour on
these road projects to the tumultuous
welcome of Aba residents. It baffles some
of us when some commentators insinuate
that His Excellency is hated by Aba
residents.
Which Aba residents? His critics also
charge that civil servants are owed
monthly arrears of salaries and
allowances, yet none of these critics could point out the ministry that has not
received their salaries up to November
2012. To this end, he has received several
awards as a result of his quality
leadership. This year alone Ochendo has
been bestowed with the best Governorship
Award on Security, Icon of Democracy by
Champion Newspapers and Knight of
John Wesley by the Methodist Church of
Nigeria.
If there is a challenge in the payment of
pension and gratuities of civil service, it is not as a result of government dereliction but apparently because of some
bureaucratic bottlenecks. The government
is addressing that issue and very soon
senior citizens affected by this tailback will smile. Therefore, it is absurd to insinuate that Abia is not on the fast track of development. Actually, federal roads are in the state of disrepair. Enugu“Port Harcourt road, Aba-Ikot Ekpene,
Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene etc are impassable.
But critics blame Abia government for
their despicable state.
They fail to acknowledge the fact that the
T.A Orji’s government reconstructed
the Aba-Owerri road and Aba-Port
Harcourt road; all federal roads. We
expect commentators on Abia to question
why the federal government should shirk
its responsibility in this regard in Abia
state.
As a detribalized are focused leader, T A
Orji sees everything that belongs to the
federal government as his to keep in good
shape. Arguably, a politician that is
focused towards providing good
governance like T A cannot descend to the
level of blocking former Governor Orji
Uzor Kalu from rejoining the PDP. Kalu
has repeatedly said that he has no
intention of joining PDP or any political
party for that matter.
However, instead of abiding by that vow he
was reported to have applied to register
at the national level against the
constitution of PDP that stipulates that
intending members or those that left the
party and desire to rejoin should either
join or rejoin from their ward.
Even at that, and assuming that he applied
to register at his Onuibina-Igbere ward
level, he is still cannot be regarded as a
member of the party if the party at the
ward level thinks otherwise. It is one thing to apply for membership of an
organization and it is another for the
members to accept the applicant as a
member. There are determining factors. It
is not automatic. Therefore, if the rules
were bent to favour a particular
applicant, there is nothing wrong if some
stakeholders stage a protest. That is how
Governor T.A Orji was involved. It is
unacceptable to accuse the Governor of
leading the stakeholders to Abuja to
complain of the glaring case of violation of the PDP constitution while turning blind eye on the genuineness of the exercise.
After all, what is good for the goose is
also good for the gander.
Former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu should
not be treated differently simply because
he allegedly donated $1 million to facilitate the take-off and smooth running of PDP in 1998. The theory of Kalu donating $1 million to the PDP has become a recurring decimal without any empirical evidence to back the claim. The figure keeps changing as his supporters defend him over it.
As for politicians who joined PDP from
their former political parties. In as much
as I wouldn’t speak for the likes of
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, who left the
PDP to ANPP and back to PDP in 2003,
Senator Nkechi Nwogu from ANPP to PDP
and Vincent Ogbulafor who contested the
governorship of Abia state under the then
APP in 1999 before joining PDP in 2002,
it is obvious that these politicians
complied with the provision of the PDP
constitution before they were re-admitted.
They did not bulldoze their ways into the
party. The party is supreme and
therefore all joiners should be obedient to its rules.
What should concern every card-carrying
party member in PDP or any other party
for that matter is the insistence of the
practice of internal democracy by its
leaders. In underscoring the essence of
internal party democracy, Lenin wrote “it
means that all the affairs of the party are conducted, either directly or through
representatives, by all members of the
party, all of whom without exception have
equal rights; moreover, all officials, all
leading bodies, and all institutions of the party are subject to election, are
responsible to their constituents, and are
subject to recallâ€. This postulation
makes it mandatory for all; members or
applicants to subject themselves to the
rule of the party irrespective of their
former or present status.
[size=16pt]BIGGEST LIE OF THE CENTURY![/size]
How much were you paid to do this
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Amandianaeze: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Whu is deceiving whu...Only God will judge..
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Zane2point4(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
CHAi,my fellow nairalanders as am reading this am so angry and infuriated,i swear this is a mere propaganda,so if someone uses a HD camera and take photos of places and paste it here crediting it to the accomplishment of some daft governor does that mean he is working?Please am presently in ABIA state now,and in ABA to be precise,this state is the worst in the south east here,very bad road,when i mean bad i mean rotten delapidated rds,you can't even use your vehicle if you have one in aba.No facilities,no light,no water,tax force agancies and touts is all you will encounter on daily basis,i even pay 20k in my company just for noise pollution,very dirty environment with no proper drainage infact those of you praising this T.A orji havnt been to Abia state before,plead moderator stop misleading the public! I swear you don't wana go there..

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by chokolatte: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ochendo is working! grin
Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by doctorserah(f): 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
All na wash! Wot of Aba? No roads, no drainage, dirt everywhere. No wonder d time he came to Aba, they stoned him out with pure water . Nonsense governor. Buildings way u go employ only ur own pple. Market dt u wil tell a crayfish seller to pay 2million naira for one shop. To d best of my knowledge, abia is d worst state. Orji is d worst governor. Hoohaa!

2 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Development In Abia State (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
If i say i'm not ashamed by Orji's ineptitude, i deceive myself, the truth is not in me. I looked through all the projects and 90% of them are government buildings. So, these guy has spent 6 years in office rebuilding government house, secretariat, commissioner toilet and first lady's bathroom? It's also imperative to note that not even one project in the statge's commercial nerve center(Aba). I see no reason why Theordoore Orji should not be dragged to Ogbor hill and given strokes of cain by every citizen of Abia state and Aba in particular. I can't wait for thi man to leave office so that his name will be relegated to the abyss of inept and satanic governors.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / Buhari Doesn’t Need WAEC Certificate To Contest In 2019 –Barrister Adegboruwa / Mbu Ordered Shoot At Electoral Offenders In Self Defence, APC Kicked (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.